TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #1
dae3dae3

Cinergy Metronet? Any Experience

I had a hanger on my front door yesterday stating that Cinergy Metronet is going to be installing fiber for TV/Phone/Internet. Has anyone ever heard of them? I couldn't find anything about them having cable cards. I've never even heard of them.

I really hate Comcast so I am very likely to abandon them as soon as I am given a choice but am hoping I don't have to give up my Tivo. I would have to build a home media server to replace the pytivo functions of the Tivo.

Anybody heard of this company?
dae3dae3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
dlramsey

Holy ****--I used to work for them like 5 years ago when they first rolled out their fiber to the prem stuff. They're a smallish telco--because of that you might check if they've got CableCards, or if they got an exemption. But back in the day they used Scientific Atlanta equipment, if they still are you're probably fine.
dlramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
dae3dae3

Thanks.

I found some more information that they are deploying systems to rural Indiana towns. I am in a smallish Indiana town. I can't find anything about their prices or any reviews or anthing else.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
classicsat
Astute User

It seems they use regular Scientific Atlanta cable boxes which are equipped with Cabledcards. There should be no problem getting a CC for a TiVo.
classicsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
dae3dae3

That is great news. I really don't want to give up the Tivo. I use the heck out of PyTivo.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:52 AM   #6
dae3dae3

I just spoke to a CSR for Cinergy Metronet and she said they do not have cable cards. Unfortunately, I guess I will have to drop the Tivo unless something changes. I hate Comcast more than I love the Tivo. I will probably have to look into building a HTPC to replace some of the PyTivo funtionality.