TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
test drive

Comcast M-card fix: "warm install hit"

Just wanted to share with others a Comcast M-card problem fix...after many cycles on phone with Comcast technical supervisor following initial M-card pairing where the basic channels were available, but no premium channels could be found, I used a previous tip from TC posters and asked for them to run "staged hit" which they did, but that did not work for us. After that, CSR researched it and found a separate application internally called a "warm install hit", she sent it, and within seconds all premium channels appeared. Cool.

If needed, hope this saves you some time...
test drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
brianric

Will let you know. Comcast comes over Wednesday to install the M card.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
ItsRounder

I just got my Comcast card installed. For some reason the first attempt seemed to work just fine and as he was walking away the screen just went black. I had him come back and suddenly the card wasn't working anymore. He had to call and have them remove the card from their system and go through the process a second time. After about 10 minutes it was back up and gong and so far so good.

He did say that he had the only M-card in his location and wanted to have a second one to test in case the card was bad. There was also some pixellation after it started working again but that seems to have gone away now.
ItsRounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
Randal

I tried your suggestion and no luck. What a nightmare! We are on cable card #4 with another "technician" coming out tomorrow. Comcast really has no clue whats going on.

Anyone know what error cmd-> 3c28 is in the CA screen (Scientific Atlanta M-Card)?
Randal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #5
gothaggis

Comcast has been working with me for 4 days, still no luck. I called TiVo tech support and they verified the card was paired correctly. In the conditional access menu it shows Con:No and only 3 lines of information, which apparently means my card isn't activated at the cable head end, or it is and isn't getting the hit signal for some reason. They tested the line for signal strength and said it was fine. they are sending someone back tomorrow. If they can't fix it, I guess I will have to return the TiVo comcast said the card IS activated at the headend so it must be a signal strength issue. I feel like I am in a never ending loop of comcast tech support pointing fingers at each other.
gothaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #6
mikey94025

My M-card install sees some, but not all of my pay channels. It took a couple calls to get it working this well. It's too bad that Comcast doesn't really know how to support cable card installations very well...
mikey94025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #7
retired_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by test drive View Post
Just wanted to share with others a Comcast M-card problem fix...after many cycles on phone with Comcast technical supervisor following initial M-card pairing where the basic channels were available, but no premium channels could be found, I used a previous tip from TC posters and asked for them to run "staged hit" which they did, but that did not work for us. After that, CSR researched it and found a separate application internally called a "warm install hit", she sent it, and within seconds all premium channels appeared. Cool.

If needed, hope this saves you some time...
Wish I'd seen this earlier; went through a weekend of painful hours with Comcast on the phone and unable to get the premium channels to work on my XL; reinsterted the card, pulled the plug on the S4 , etc. Tried everything I could think of except a warm restart since I'd done a couple cold ones plus a new pass through the guided setup. Comcast said at their end it looked like I had a S-card, even though it was clearly marked an M-card and my TiVo thought it was an M-card. Took a second 20 mile trip to get a second and third card to also try this week and after three hits with no success on my end and the rep saying her end showed the card was paired, I got stuck in an "acquiring channels" loop. The Comcast rep suggest a warm restart of my system after hitting the TiVo button to get to TiVo Central and that did it; the restart took a few more minutes than normal which was a bit nerve racking.
1 TiVo HD 1TB Lifetime

Last edited by retired_guy : 04-06-2010 at 06:31 PM.
retired_guy is offline   Reply With Quote