TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-25-2010, 02:27 AM   #1
patatrox

TiVo Premiere and Roxio Toast/Popcorn

For Roxio customers with a TiVo Premiere box on the way, I just wanted to post a really quick note to let customers know that the latest versions of Toast 10 Titanium and Popcorn 4 have been tested with and are supported with the Premiere and Premiere XL boxes.

Toast 10 Titanium
-----------------
Users of Toast 10 Titanium will need to ensure they've downloaded and installed the Toast 10.0.6a update. If you're receiving an error message when attempting to copy the update into your applications folder, you may need to move the previous Toast 10 Titanium folder to your Trash first. If you're using an out of date version, your TiVo Premiere will not be seen by TiVo Transfer as a DVR.

Your version of Toast 10 Titanium will remain at 10.0.6, but the created date for TiVo Transfer.app will be March 8, 2010.

Toast 10.0.6a available for registered users at:
http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/toa...pdatesv10.html

Popcorn 4
-----------------
Users of Popcorn 4 will need to ensure they've downloaded and installed the Popcorn 4.0.2 update. If you're receiving an error message when attempting to copy the update into your applications folder, you may need to move the previous Popcorn 4 folder to your Trash first. If you're using an out of date version, your TiVo Premiere will not be seen by TiVo Transfer as a DVR.

Popcorn 4.0.2 available for registered users at:
http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/pop...updatesv4.html

Toast 9 Titanium
-----------------
Users of Toast 9 Titanium will need to ensure they've downloaded and installed the Toast 9.0.7a update. If you're receiving an error message when attempting to copy the update into your applications folder, you may need to move the previous Toast 9 Titanium folder to your Trash first. If you're using an out of date version, your TiVo Premiere will not be seen by TiVo Transfer as a DVR.

Your version of Toast 9 Titanium will remain at 9.0.7, but the created date for TiVo Transfer.app will be March 8, 2010.

Toast 9.0.7a available for registered users at:
http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/toa...e_updates.html

Last edited by patatrox : 03-31-2010 at 06:55 PM.
patatrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:33 AM   #2
test drive

Hi Patrick:

Thanks for the heads-up. I am a very satisfied user of Toast 9.0.4, but I am troubled by the large number of negative reports from users with major problems after upgrading from 9 to 10 (e.g. amazon user reviews). I hadn't factored that new requirement "risk" into my thinking about the Premiere, and I currently rely on Tivo Transfer/Toast for downloading and compressing a lot of material to my Mac/ipod. As a TC member and Roxio representative, can you address? Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/Roxio-242600-T...owViewpoints=0
test drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
patatrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by test drive View Post
Hi Patrick:

Thanks for the heads-up. I am a very satisfied user of Toast 9.0.4, but I am troubled by the large number of negative reports from users with major problems after upgrading from 9 to 10 (e.g. amazon user reviews). I hadn't factored that new requirement "risk" into my thinking about the Premiere, and I currently rely on Tivo Transfer/Toast for downloading and compressing a lot of material to my Mac/ipod. As a TC member and Roxio representative, can you address? Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/Roxio-242600-T...owViewpoints=0
We plan on posting an update for Toast 9 in the next day or so so they can take advantage of the Premiere as well.

Last edited by patatrox : 03-30-2010 at 03:54 AM.
patatrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:51 AM   #4
test drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by patatrox View Post
I plan on posting an update for Toast 9 in the next day or so so they can take advantage of the Premiere as well.
Thanks Patrick, very helpful!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:56 PM   #5
patatrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by test drive View Post
Thanks Patrick, very helpful!
Updated for Toast 9 Titanium update which is now live.

You're welcome.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:58 PM   #6
test drive

Quote:
Updated for Toast 9 Titanium update which is now live.

You're welcome.
Thanks again Patrick.

One quick note, the Toast version history for 9.0.7a on the linked Roxio site doesn't include that this version is updated for Premiere and Premiere XL. For those coming to the site from elsewhere, they won't know it.

"Toast 9 Titanium v9.0.7a
Updated TiVo Transfer application to resolve issue where some TiVo DVRs may not be seen on local network"
Old 04-03-2010, 09:46 AM   #7
Dark Helmet

I just downloaded this update ... and Tivo Transfer.app doesn't seem to be in it! Am I missing something?
Dark Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:55 PM   #8
pedidoc

AAAGH - where is it?

I have the same issue, supposedly this is what's updated and there is no Tivo Transfer in the download!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:19 AM   #9
gamo62

Quote:
For Roxio customers with a TiVo Premiere box on the way, I just wanted to post a really quick note to let customers know that the latest versions of Toast 10 Titanium and Popcorn 4 have been tested with and are supported with the Premiere and Premiere XL boxes.

Toast 10 Titanium
-----------------
Users of Toast 10 Titanium will need to ensure they've downloaded and installed the Toast 10.0.6a update. If you're receiving an error message when attempting to copy the update into your applications folder, you may need to move the previous Toast 10 Titanium folder to your Trash first. If you're using an out of date version, your TiVo Premiere will not be seen by TiVo Transfer as a DVR.

Your version of Toast 10 Titanium will remain at 10.0.6, but the created date for TiVo Transfer.app will be March 8, 2010.

Toast 10.0.6a available for registered users at:
http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/toa...pdatesv10.html

Popcorn 4
-----------------
Users of Popcorn 4 will need to ensure they've downloaded and installed the Popcorn 4.0.2 update. If you're receiving an error message when attempting to copy the update into your applications folder, you may need to move the previous Popcorn 4 folder to your Trash first. If you're using an out of date version, your TiVo Premiere will not be seen by TiVo Transfer as a DVR.

Popcorn 4.0.2 available for registered users at:
http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/pop...updatesv4.html

Toast 9 Titanium
-----------------
Users of Toast 9 Titanium will need to ensure they've downloaded and installed the Toast 9.0.7a update. If you're receiving an error message when attempting to copy the update into your applications folder, you may need to move the previous Toast 9 Titanium folder to your Trash first. If you're using an out of date version, your TiVo Premiere will not be seen by TiVo Transfer as a DVR.

Your version of Toast 9 Titanium will remain at 9.0.7, but the created date for TiVo Transfer.app will be March 8, 2010.

Toast 9.0.7a available for registered users at:
http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/toa...e_updates.html
A bit off subject. But does Roxio have any products that allow you to edit and author Tivo HD files? I know Nero Vision does not support .tivo files, and VideoReDo seems to be the only one out there. I would go with Roxio 2010, IF it supported .tivo files.
gamo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #10
Tresy

No Tivo Transfer in Download

I don't get it. I downloaded the 9.0.7a update, which supposedly fixes Tivo Transfer, and the package has everything EXCEPT Tivo Transfer in it. What is going on?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:45 PM   #11
NotVeryWitty
Too Big to Fail

Does anyone know if Roxio is supporting Toast any better now than a few years ago? I (and many others) had major problems with Toast 8.0 Tivo transfers, and it was impossible to get anyone from Roxio to even acknowledge the issues.
NotVeryWitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:28 PM   #12
StevesWeb
Grumpy Old Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresy View Post
I don't get it. I downloaded the 9.0.7a update, which supposedly fixes Tivo Transfer, and the package has everything EXCEPT Tivo Transfer in it. What is going on?
To resolve this issue start up the new copy of Toast.app you downloaded, this will begin an installation process (installing Toast according to the directions shown in the DMG file provided by Roxio does not install Toast, in order to install Toast you have to run the copy of Toast you have already installed).

While you are installing the Toast you have already installed the Toast installation wizard will ask you if you wish to enable TiVo Transfer. Once that is done the copy of TiVo Transfer that you have already installed will be installed.

Why should OS X apps made by Roxio behave like ordinary OS X apps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotVeryWitty
Does anyone know if Roxio is supporting Toast any better now than a few years ago?
Ha! Roxio is still willing to let you buy a newer version of Toast when the advertised features in the version you have already bought do not work, if that's what you mean
StevesWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:42 AM   #13
NotVeryWitty
Too Big to Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevesWeb View Post
Ha! Roxio is still willing to let you buy a newer version of Toast when the advertised features in the version you have already bought do not work, if that's what you mean
Actually, that is exactly what I mean. When they broke 8.0.4, the only response was to pay $50 for an upgrade to version 9.
NotVeryWitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:49 PM   #14
StevesWeb
Grumpy Old Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotVeryWitty View Post
Actually, that is exactly what I mean. When they broke 8.0.4, the only response was to pay $50 for an upgrade to version 9.
This is their business model, I would not expect it to change. My last experience with Roxio was buying a Blu-Ray HD plugin for use with Toast 9 that immediately failed to work. I've also enjoyed a few experiences when downloading a bug fix update for Toast toasted Toast. I'm not impressed even a tiny bit with Roxio. I very strongly suspect they have already seen every dime they will ever get from me.

If your goal is to get non-DRM files from your TiVo onto your Mac and possibly then an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad then you might find iTiVo very useful.

And for getting video files from your Mac to your TiVo pyTiVo is superb.
StevesWeb is offline   Reply With Quote