TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-30-2010, 07:51 PM   #121
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

CS Ramp is over and we are going to start rolling the software out to all of your boxes. The rollout should finish by this weekend.

We had to make a text change after rollout began, so the officially released version will actually be 11.0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_jonis View Post
Anyone know if it fixes the SDV pixelation issue caused by the Tivo software?
That information is listed in my post on page 2 of this thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TiVoJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:57 PM   #122
m_jonis

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoJerry View Post
CS Ramp is over and we are going to start rolling the software out to all of your boxes. The rollout should finish by this weekend.

We had to make a text change after rollout began, so the officially released version will actually be 11.0g

That information is listed in my post on page 2 of this thread.
Thank you, much appreciated.

Thank you also to SCSIRaid for the persistance in getting to the bottom of this and also to the TW technicians involved who actually cared enough to investigate (wish our TW office was accommodating like that).
m_jonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:08 PM   #123
HerronScott

Thanks. Good to see a post here from you.

Scott
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #124
DeWitt

Updated last night to "g"
DeWitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #125
dimwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWitt View Post
I was wondering about this. My wife called, and the TiVo HD is again stuck on the "Welcome!" screen again. (See my post on pg 1 of this thread.)

I've told her to unplug the USB adapter and reboot the TiVo. This is becoming a bit of a worry for me, as I don't really care to upgrade to a TiVo Premiere.
dimwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:08 AM   #126
RayChuang88

Hopefully, I'll see 11.0g software installed on my system by Sunday at latest (I'm still on 11.0d).

TiVo HD XL (153 hours HD)
RayChuang88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:12 AM   #127
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Forced a connection on both my TivoHDs this a.m.
They now have 11.0g.
Now to see what bugs got fixed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:31 AM   #128
HerronScott

One of my S3's was in the early deployment group and got 11.0f early and then 11.0g a few days ago. My second S3 got 11.0g yesterday and rebooted last night.

Scott
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:29 AM   #129
tiassa
Me --Avatar

I came down to discover the THD in the Living room stuck in an unusable state (the screen was showing a dim version of the Tivo central background with no menu (and no responce to the remote). I hard booted it and it came back with 11.0g. The office THD was still on 11.0f and hadn't connected since yesterday AM so I forced a connection (which is happening as I type this)

After the office THD finished connecting its status was "pending restart" so I soft booted it and it came back just fine.

Last edited by tiassa : 04-02-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: more info
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #130
Gene Plantz
Four Tivos

I awoke this morning to find my TivoHD functionally dead. I only had a gray screen on the TV. I re-powered the unit but got the same thing. Since I have had absolutely no problems with this unit and it was working OK at Midnight, I suspect it was a software update.

I ran kickstart-57 (check hard disk)..... and when it rebooted from that, I had a sort-of Tivo Central screen that was in pink with no text.

Sigh...... I ran kickstart-52 ("boot from previous OS install") and I am now running (seemingly) normal.

It says I'm NOW running version 11.0g-01-2-652

so, does this mean I got a bad download or what??? If I'm running 11.0g, is this the latest or will it try to download again???
Gene Plantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #131
jlib
Lean Forward

It is really nice to see TiVo keeping some resources working on the old systems. And SCSIRAID is indeed da man!

I only wish TiVo would apply the HDXL soft reboot fix to the rest of the Series 3 models.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #132
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Plantz View Post
I ran kickstart-57 (check hard disk)..... and when it rebooted from that, I had a sort-of Tivo Central screen that was in pink with no text.

Sigh...... I ran kickstart-52 ("boot from previous OS install") and I am now running (seemingly) normal.

so, does this mean I got a bad download or what??? If I'm running 11.0g, is this the latest or will it try to download again???
This sounds like what happened to my THD, exact same screen. However all I did was a hard reboot and it came back to version 11.0g-01-2-652, which is what the Office HD is running as well, so you are probably OK.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #133
alyssa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWitt View Post

up & running

For all your Comic-Con needs.

alyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #134
danjw1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Plantz View Post
I awoke this morning to find my TivoHD functionally dead. I only had a gray screen on the TV. I re-powered the unit but got the same thing. Since I have had absolutely no problems with this unit and it was working OK at Midnight, I suspect it was a software update.

11.0g is the lastest software. 11.0f wasn't pushed to a wide audience because they found something they needed to fix. At the top of this page you can see TivoJerry's post (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...23#post7854423) about that.
danjw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #135
hybucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiassa View Post
This sounds like what happened to my THD, exact same screen. However all I did was a hard reboot and it came back to version 11.0g-01-2-652, which is what the Office HD is running as well, so you are probably OK.
Same here...nothing on the screen (TiVO HD), unit would not respond to remote control (was "on," but could not put it in "standby") - did the reboot, and it came back with "g", and appears to be working fine (tho a bit slo).
Had me worried there for a minute or three...
Is there anything "new," other than bug fixes, in this version?
hybucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #136
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybucket View Post
.........Is there anything "new," other than bug fixes, in this version?
**this**

11.0f was the test ("Customer Support Ramp") version of 11.0g -- very minor changes between them.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:51 PM   #137
dcstager
1st Gen Tivo Owner

Is there any priority signup for this version? I still don't have it. Can I hope it's delayed so that they add one more bug fix, i.e., the tuning SDV problem and blank recordings? Did SCSIRAID ever suggest a specific method of fixing this bug? His data and suggestions addressed a super-technical bug that caused picture breakups. You're our only hope Obi-Wan...
dcstager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #138
MPSAN

Got 11.0g and a lot of stations no longer come in...I am now doing a reconnect to perhaps refresh the lineup!

YUP, I did another connect after 11.0g and the lineup is back...not sure why I had to do that.

Last edited by MPSAN : 04-02-2010 at 04:21 PM.
MPSAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #139
Phantom Gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstager View Post
Is there any priority signup for this version? I still don't have it.
There is no generally known way to sign up for a priority download of this particular version.

Some of my boxes have it, others don't. I just forced a connection on one that doesn't and the status is "Succeeded", not "Pending Restart". So obviously the rollout is not yet complete.
Phantom Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #140
BrandonSi

HD TiVO was frozen all day today.. Got home to a "powering up" screen. Manually rebooted, said it was applying service update, it rebooted, then stuck again at "powering up".

Removed the wireless USB.. finally got in.. 11.0g.
BrandonSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #141
jmatero

My S3 guide screen is slow as mollassis since the update last night. Takes forever to scroll and refresh. I restarted a couple of times but same thing.
jmatero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:21 PM   #142
deandashl

11.0g

Boom....there it is.
deandashl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:33 AM   #143
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSIRAID View Post
The downstairs THD is no longer getting the hits on SDV channels. I think we can safely call it fixed.........
Any further observations on this?

I got 11.0g early this morning. I've watched several hours of SDV channels and haven't seen pixelation -- BUT, one channel (at 11:03 pm) completely froze up (although the frozen picture wasn't pixelated! ). I had to retune to get beyond the freeze point, so it would have ruined a recording. I've continued to watch that channel for more than hour after the freeze with no problems.

What do you think? Same problem or different one?

TCMHD had the worst pixelation of any SDV channel I watch. Too early to be sure, but I didn't see anything in an hour or so of viewing today. I've always suspected it had problems as distributed by TWC. I have another TV directly connected to the cable so it gets the Simulcast analog version of TCM (not HD). I see pixelation on TCM there too, although not nearly as often as it was on the SDV version.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:35 AM   #144
MiltonDorkenhoff

I got home a few minutes ago, flipped on the TV and my TiVo was hung on "Welcome Powering Up". I unplugged it, plugged it back in, it eventually told me it was installing a service update, and after a long time, it was up and running 11.0g-01-2-652. If anyone from Tivo is listening - next time I'd prefer that the update be more interactive and less "holy crap, is the Tivo dead?"
MiltonDorkenhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:37 AM   #145
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatero View Post
My S3 guide screen is slow as mollassis since the update last night. Takes forever to scroll and refresh. I restarted a couple of times but same thing.
There's a lot of background processing that is done after an update (or even a reboot). It can take several hours (up to 24) for things to settle back down to normal.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:33 AM   #146
Jeanesco
akaAlphaWolf Rakeesh

In case anybody wants to do a controlled upgrade on a customized setup (i.e. without having to pull the hard drive,) and missed the master key:

Code:
11.0g-01-2 SWE_STA-14 bf decrypt key: 0x54488D360B38FF59

//static/SwSystem/11.0g-01-2/utils-162433048-1.slice.gz
//static/SwSystem/11.0g-01-2/GZcore-162433050-1.slice.gz
//static/SwSystem/11.0g-01-2/GZkernel-Gen06-162433056-1.slice.gz
//static/SwSystem/11.0g-01-2/GZhpk-Gen06-162433058-1.slice.gz
//static/SwSystem/11.0g-01-2/GZlocale-en_US-162433062-1.slice.gz
//static/SwSystem/11.0g-01-2/GZeiger-162433060-1.slice.gz
//static/SwSystem/11.0g-01-2/swsystem-162433066-2.slice.gz.bnd
Have fun.

I myself have been noticing a few issues with 11.0d that the tivo engineers described earlier, I'll be interested to see if this release fixes them.

Last edited by Jeanesco : 04-03-2010 at 04:40 AM.
Jeanesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:02 AM   #147
whitepelican

Well, I've found one minor (but very annoying) bug in 11.0g so far. I have 2 Series 3's with OTA only, and I've gotten used to keying in [chan. no.][dash] and then letting the Tivo jump to the first subchannel (such as 5-1, 14-1, etc.). Well, now since the update to 11.0g, when I key in [3][8][-], it goes to channel 38-2 instead of 38-1. Oddly enough, my only other station that has multiple subchannels (WBAY ch.2 in Green Bay, WI) doesn't act this way, in other words when I key in [2][-] it jumps to 2-1. So it is something with just this one specific station in my area (WPNE PBS ch.38), but I know it always worked fine under 11.0d.
whitepelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #148
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Any further observations on this?

I got 11.0g early this morning. I've watched several hours of SDV channels and haven't seen pixelation -- BUT, one channel (at 11:03 pm) completely froze up (although the frozen picture wasn't pixelated! ). I had to retune to get beyond the freeze point, so it would have ruined a recording. I've continued to watch that channel for more than hour after the freeze with no problems.

What do you think? Same problem or different one?

TCMHD had the worst pixelation of any SDV channel I watch. Too early to be sure, but I didn't see anything in an hour or so of viewing today. I've always suspected it had problems as distributed by TWC. I have another TV directly connected to the cable so it gets the Simulcast analog version of TCM (not HD). I see pixelation on TCM there too, although not nearly as often as it was on the SDV version.
From what I have watched, the SDV Macroblocking problem is fixed. I still see some 'general' pixelations but they have a different signature than the SDV 'issue' and dont occur too often. I need to do some parallel recordings with the 8300 to confirm they are in the source but I strongly believe they are.

What you describe sounds like a general SDV issue with the cableco... like the removed the stream perhaps because they thought nobody was watching. If you have another cable box somewhere... if you catch it live on TiVo, go the the cable box and tune the same channel and see the stream restarts.... long shot but it might yield some data.
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:24 AM   #149
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstager View Post
Is there any priority signup for this version? I still don't have it. Can I hope it's delayed so that they add one more bug fix, i.e., the tuning SDV problem and blank recordings? Did SCSIRAID ever suggest a specific method of fixing this bug? His data and suggestions addressed a super-technical bug that caused picture breakups. You're our only hope Obi-Wan...
If it is what I see here... the fix should be simple (easy for me to say of course... SMOP.. simple matter of programming ). When I catch one in progress, I can go to DVR diags and find that signal lock and program lock for that tuner are 'NO'. TiVo knows that it isnt getting any MPEG... so if they added logic to check signal lock and program lock when they arent getting MPEG and if they are NO... just do a retune of the channel... bingo.. fixed.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #150
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepelican View Post
Well, I've found one minor (but very annoying) bug in 11.0g so far. I have 2 Series 3's with OTA only, and I've gotten used to keying in [chan. no.][dash] and then letting the Tivo jump to the first subchannel (such as 5-1, 14-1, etc.). Well, now since the update to 11.0g, when I key in [3][8][-], it goes to channel 38-2 instead of 38-1. Oddly enough, my only other station that has multiple subchannels (WBAY ch.2 in Green Bay, WI) doesn't act this way, in other words when I key in [2][-] it jumps to 2-1. So it is something with just this one specific station in my area (WPNE PBS ch.38), but I know it always worked fine under 11.0d.
You might check settings / channels / channel list and make sure 38-1 is checked.