TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
joe warner

TiVo Premier Display Clock

Is there a shortcut/Easter egg for adding a clock to the display? On my Series3 TiVo you entered SELECT>PLAY>SELECT>9>SELECT.
joe warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Same code should work on the Premiere.

If you're in Live TV, press Select to bring up the mini guide, then enter the Select > Play > Select > 9 > Select code.

Otherwise you can play an existing recording and enter the code without the extra Select at the beginning, and it should work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:16 AM   #3
joe warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post

If you're in Live TV, press Select to bring up the mini guide, then enter the Select > Play > Select > 9 > Select code.

Otherwise you can play an existing recording and enter the code without the extra Select at the beginning, and it should work.
This does not seem to work. I've tried it while in live TV and also while playing a recording.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #4
steve614
what ru lookin at?

That's odd. It works on my un-subbed Premiere.
I just tried it this morning to make sure I wasn't blowing smoke.

F*CK CANCER!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #5
buscuitboy

So, you are saying there is a secret way to have a clock displayed on the front panel of a Premiere TIVO? Kind of like my old Series 3 (OLED)? If so, I was not aware this was possible at all. Or is this referring to something else?
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
JWhites

Not the front panel. It's displayed on the television. It's essentially using the chip the closed captioning uses and displays a constant-on clock. I've done it myself way back in 2010 before all the UI updates took place. Not sure if it's possible anymore.
JWhites is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
chiguy50

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
Not the front panel. It's displayed on the television. It's essentially using the chip the closed captioning uses and displays a constant-on clock. I've done it myself way back in 2010 before all the UI updates took place. Not sure if it's possible anymore.
It's still operative. Just hit Select from live TV, then Select > Play > Select > 9 > Select as noted above. Make sure you're pushing the buttons crisply and in fairly rapid succession. (If you have sounds enabled, you should hear a confirmation of three "dings" when the command has been executed.)
chiguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #8
JoeKustra
Cable only

Is there a sequence/procedure to turn it off?
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #9
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
Is there a sequence/procedure to turn it off?
Re-enter the same code. The code is a toggle. If the clock is off, the code turns it on and vice versa.

F*CK CANCER!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #10
sharkster

Are you sure you're hitting 'select' TWICE in the beginning, as Steve and Chiguy instructed?

It's - SELECT SELECT PLAY SELECT 9 SELECT

I keep the clock on my bdrm Premiere and this always works. If you have to restart the Tivo, however, you'll need to do it again.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #11
buscuitboy

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
OK, this makes more sense. While I would have LOVED if there was a secret way of getting a clock displayed on the front, I also figured there wasn't since there isn't even ANY kind of LCD display on its panel to begin with.

I really wished they would have done something similar from the S3 (OLED) on the new Roamio line, but it looks like they didn't. Oh well.
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #12
joe warner

Quote:

It took 6 tries but it finally worked. Thank You...
Old 08-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #13
ADG
Allan

I've found that sometimes you need to press the sequence of buttons fairly quickly.

ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #14
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by buscuitboy View Post
I really wished they would have done something similar from the S3 (OLED) on the new Roamio line, but it looks like they didn't. Oh well.
The last thing I want is a half dozen clocks displayed in my tv center.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #15
poofy

Quote:

Thank You. Works perfect. Mini clock on the top right side.
poofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #16
squiddohio

With weather watch warnings, flood area maps, animated previews for new shows "this Fall" and "news" alerts scrolling across the bottom of the screen, if I added a clock I don't think I could see the program through all that sufff.
squiddohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #17
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiddohio View Post
With weather watch warnings, flood area maps, animated previews for new shows "this Fall" and "news" alerts scrolling across the bottom of the screen, if I added a clock I don't think I could see the program through all that sufff.
Maybe all the stuff will move to the left or right and we can go back to 4:3 aspect ratio for content.

I wonder if a constant block will become a permanent "burn in" part of the screen?

I get Amber Alerts now also. Full screen like the EAS. Well, weather school closings soon. Something to look forward to also.
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #18
jhilla

KMTTG : Click Remote, Remote, from SPS Backdoor dropbox choose "Clock" yes it even shows the code you are sending the same one as mentioned in here.
jhilla is offline   Reply With Quote