TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
pninen

Angry website down / support unavailable!

This is amazing. On account of a new product introduction, they took the entire TiVo web site down. Now instead of my now playing list, todo list, etc all I can get is a dumb countdown screen!

When I call customer service, it appears they have the evening off too. We're within normal CS business hours, but they're not answering the phone.

Great TiVo. Good way to service your customers.
pninen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:53 PM   #2
Gai-jin

In the top right corner of the countdown page, there is a blue link to "Customer Support". After clicking that link, you can access the normal TiVo web site, including the My Tivo section.
Gai-jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:57 PM   #3
pninen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai-jin View Post
In the top right corner of the countdown page, there is a blue link to "Customer Support". After clicking that link, you can access the normal TiVo web site, including the My Tivo section.
Nope. I've tried that. Tried it 100 times. Tried it with firefox. Tried it with IE7. Every time I try to go to "my tivo" or "find tv shows" or anything in those menus, the darn countdown clock reappears.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:02 PM   #4
Johnwashere

If you want to try recording new shows you can try the movile site:
http://m.tivo.com/
I know it dosent have what you really want, but not sure what else to do now..
Johnwashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:05 PM   #5
magnus
Tivo User

yep, tivo.com --> customer support --> my tivo --> back to countdown

someone made a big boo boo with this one. hopefully, this will be fixed at the countdown mark.
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
ampm99
Tivo Zealot

Angry Tivo "Premiers" zero support

The first time in months I am traveling and want to record something and TIVO pulls a bonehead play like this. I will certainly not buy a Series4 until TIVO apologizes and promise this will NEVER happen again.
ampm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:16 PM   #7
pninen

Yep. All online scheduling appears to be down. I can't online schedule from yahoo tonite either.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:27 PM   #8
adessmith

This is just a slap in the face to the existing users.

They sell us a product marketed as an HD DVR, but retro fit it with an old "tacked on" user interface.
They tease us with something that should have been in the product we got, and let us beta test it for them.
Then they announce that, in order to get that feature, we have to upgrade to new hardware.

THEN

They slap us in the face with a message that might as well say: "For the next 8 hours, we are not going to provide our old users with some of the services they are paying for (online scheduling)... do to the release of a new product" ????

I cant really put my finger on it, but something about this was insulting and gave me a bad feeling....
adessmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:29 PM   #9
Johnwashere

Like I said earlier... If you want online scheduling use tivos MOBILE site for now. It still works!!:
Http://m.tivo.com
Johnwashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:29 PM   #10
magnus
Tivo User

You can still use. http://m.tivo.com/
Old 03-02-2010, 11:34 PM   #11
SafariKC
My TiVo reboots alot

The fact that mobile works still doesn't make the fact that they did a blanket re-direct to the countdown a boneheaded move.

I'm sure once they see this thread they'll do something to expose the functionality for folks again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SafariKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:38 PM   #12
pninen

Why did they send the support people home several hours early?
Old 03-02-2010, 11:46 PM   #13
riddick21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pninen View Post
This is amazing. On account of a new product introduction, they took the entire TiVo web site down. Now instead of my now playing list, todo list, etc all I can get is a dumb countdown screen!

When I call customer service, it appears they have the evening off too. We're within normal CS business hours, but they're not answering the phone.

Great TiVo. Good way to service your customers.
A glimpse of things to come. After this failure of a release I'm sure their website and CS centers will shut down for good.
riddick21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:48 PM   #14
magnus
Tivo User

Agreed but we are just offering the alternative to fact that it's down and some people really want to schedule a recording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariKC View Post
The fact that mobile works still doesn't make the fact that they did a blanket re-direct to the countdown a boneheaded move.

I'm sure once they see this thread they'll do something to expose the functionality for folks again.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:48 PM   #15
nrc
Cracker Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariKC View Post

Maybe not. If they're doing a major overhaul of the web site and it's features then that functionality may not be available until the work is complete. Of course it would have been better to make that clear in their countdown message and provide a link to the mobile scheduling site.

Not entirely square
nrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:00 AM   #16
lalinon

Wow, this is incredible that they'd take away the whole site - should be interesting when it comes back up. Why on earth have the countdown end at 3:15am PST?
lalinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:47 AM   #17
BigJimOutlaw

This whole pent-up product launch has turned into a giant cluster. The "Just A Warmup" nonsense now taking over the Tivo homepage just caps it off.

The sad thing is Tivo probably thinks they nailed one out of the park.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:22 AM   #18
imfsimm

Not sure if related to this or not

I ordered a movie Double Identity online at Amazon video on demand to my TIVO. My order went through on Amazon. But for some reason, my download hasn't started. When I tried to force the issue on TIVO box, it say's I don't have video sharing turned on. Tells me to go to tivo.com and login to your account and turn it on!

Well I tried that?

On a side note:

This hole night has turned out bad.

I rented the same movie from a redbox in my neighborhood. It let me rent it online, but when I got to the machine it was stuck in stupid mode.

Apparently someone tried to return a dvd and push into the slot. According to the store, the machine has been down all day? If the machine has been down all day how come I could rent the movie online. Apparently the machine doesn't phone home with a problem.

I had to call the 800 number and have them cancel my order. They sent me free codes in a email?, but the order hasn't been canceled and credited to my account as of this writing.

I should have have just went to bed at 6:00pm

Sometimes I really hate technology

Sorry about the rant!

Tim
imfsimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:32 AM   #19
pninen

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post
You can still use. http://m.tivo.com/
Nope. Not even that works now. I get "too many connections". Apparently I'm not the only one trying to schedule a movie or two.

Code:
Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [function.mysqli-mysqli]: (08004/1040): Too many connections in /var/www/html/include/classes/Utility/Session.php  on line 12

Warning: mysqli::query() [function.mysqli-query]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /var/www/html/include/classes/Utility/Session.php on line 50

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on a non-object in /var/www/html/include/classes/Utility/Session.php on line 53

Warning: mysqli::query() [function.mysqli-query]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /var/www/html/include/classes/Utility/Session.php on line 141

Warning: Utility_Session::gc() [function.Utility-Session-gc]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /var/www/html/include/classes/Utility/Session.php on line 144

Warning: mysqli::close() [function.mysqli-close]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /var/www/html/include/classes/Utility/Session.php on line 42

Old 03-03-2010, 01:45 AM   #20
jmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by pninen View Post
Nope. Not even that works now. I get "too many connections". Apparently I'm not the only one trying to schedule a movie or two.
Works fine for me as of this posting.
jmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:28 AM   #21
pninen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmill View Post
Works fine for me as of this posting.
You can occasionally get a page, but the mobile web server is overloaded and mostly unworkable. As more people go to sleep tonite it will probably work better.

...Then at 3AM when they make the big announcement, probably nothing will ever work again.

Management obviously has their head on backwards. They show us that they don't care about ongoing service to the present customer base. Boo.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:33 AM   #22
MickeS

Well, this is pretty bad. I can't believe someone hasn't fixed it yet either. I guess nobody at TiVo read this thread. But hey, maybe it will work in 3 hours and 42 minutes again...
MickeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:42 AM   #23
nrc
Cracker Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeS View Post
Well, this is pretty bad. I can't believe someone hasn't fixed it yet either. I guess nobody at TiVo read this thread. But hey, maybe it will work in 3 hours and 42 minutes again...
I suspect they're re-tooling the whole site. Sometimes with a major change there's no way to keep any of the dynamic pieces functional. Of course if that's the case then they should have done a better job of communicating the downtime.

Not entirely square
nrc is offline   Reply With Quote