TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
joeza

Arrow VUZE cannot find my TiVo ??

right now i am sitting right next to it, and it still will not recognize the tivo device. it recongizes my itunes, but that is all. they are both connected to the same local wireless network (it is unsecure, would that make a difference?). i am on a mac os x leopard. my tivo is tivo hd.

thanks if anyone can help and let me know if you need more information. there doesnt seem to be too much help literature for the vuze device feature, since it is still in beta.
joeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
waynomo
My One Time

I see that no one has chimed in here yet with any helpful advice and I don't really have any either. Sorry.

All I can say is that I installed Vuze on my PC and it found my Tivo and Tivo found Vuze on my PC with no problem. It was one of the easiest installs I have ever done.

I don't remember if I had to enter in my Tivo's MAK or IP or not. I did have Tivo Desktop already installed.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
joeza

bump for some help!!
joeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:15 PM   #4
jasonpinsky

for me it didnt see my tivos until i hit the STOP button in tivo desktop. then i relaunched vuze and it saw both tivos and saw them as online. in the middle of xferring something, but will check later to see if hitting START on tivo desktop makes the vuze stuff break. maybe you can't use both at the same time?
jasonpinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
I see that no one has chimed in here yet with any helpful advice and I don't really have any either. Sorry.

All I can say is that I installed Vuze on my PC and it found my Tivo and Tivo found Vuze on my PC with no problem. It was one of the easiest installs I have ever done.
This was my experience as well (which I know is not helpful to the OP - sorry). I have been loving VUZE. It recognized each of the four media players I have on my network (S2 Tivo, TivoHD, XBOX 360, and iTunes) and I don't recall there being anything special I had to do to configure any of them. For what it's worth, I do have Tivo Desktop running at the same time as Vuze, and there don't appear to be any conflicts. I love the fact that I can download a torrent via Vuze and then just drag it over to any of the listed devices and it automatically transcodes for that device. It's really simplified things for me.

I'm sure you've tried it already, but you might try rebooting your computer as well as each of the devices. Maybe that would help?

ETA: Just realized the OP's post was from February. Hopefully you've since figured it out?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:57 PM   #6
sunglass

Stop software firewall/port blockers

I had this same problem as soon as I activated any port blocking programs (or some firewalls probably do the same thing). My guess is that Vuze needs certain ports open in order to see Tivos on the network. With programs like Peer Block and Peer Guardian (that are a good idea to use with Vuze) it blocks these connections. Turn those off temporarily to transfer programs and then turn them on again after. I don't know of a 24/7 on fix. If anyone knows of one, please post. Thanks. HIH.
sunglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #7
masdoggydogg

Try this, it always works for me on OSX:

1. Stop the TiVo Desktop service in OSX preferences
2. In Vuze Preferences > Devices, turn off TiVo support and click Apply
3. Start the TiVo Desktop service
4. Turn TiVo support back on in the Vuze preferences

Voila!
Old 03-20-2011, 06:36 PM   #8
skillmey

my fix

I had the same problem, and I've never got it to work the way it's supposed to work. However, the next best thing (actually better) is to share the transcodes folder on TiVo Desktop, and then access it that way.

Go to "View->Published Video" on TiVo Desktop and find the transcode folder. The folder is specified in Vuze under "Options->Devices"

I guess if you have the paid TiVo Desktop app it will even transfer automatically if you set it up that way, so it's better than the original way.

Instead of showing up on the TiVo "My Shows" section as "Vuze on <server>," the videos show up (already transcoded) under "<server>" in "My Shows."
skillmey is offline   Reply With Quote