TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
AZ_Tivo

Tivo app for android?

Any word on a TiVo app for android? Not the TiVo remote app like iPhone but scheduler app like blackberry.

TiVo HD-1TB Internal + Lifetime
TiVo S2-400 Hours + Lifetime
AZ_Tivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
No idea, but going to http://m.tivo.com in the browser should work for now.
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
Tanquen

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...Android+remote

Not used it.
Tanquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:01 AM   #4
Bsteenson
TiVo is no BS

The Android remote app available for 99 cents works OK usually, and does offer some nice shortcuts and the ability to use the Android keyboard for searches, but it's a bit laggy and sometimes I have to stop/start my phone's wifi connection to get it to work. But you're right, that's only remote, not scheduling.

As suggested, m.tivo.com works OK for scheduling over phone.
Series 2 DT (2); Series 2 (2); Series 1 (2)
Bsteenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #5
christlab

we need a app!!! a goood one like the iPad for my tablet!
christlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #6
Joey Bagadonuts

Any update on this yet? Or, how about for iPad2?
Joey Bagadonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #7
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bagadonuts View Post
Or, how about for iPad2?
The existing TiVo app for iPad works just as well on iPad 2. No difference at all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #8
TiVo Fool

I think RIM developed the Blackberry app, not TiVo. I wouldn't hold your breath.
TiVo Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:30 AM   #9
innocentfreak

It is out now.

https://market.android.com/details?i...ophone.android

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:11 AM   #10
TiVo Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
That's not what he is looking for.
TiVo Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #11
Johnwashere

Works very well for the little bit I played with it! Il go home at lunch to test out the additional functions
Johnwashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #12
alansh

Meh. It's not compatible with some recently released platforms (like the Droid Bionic). At the very least, I'd like it to have the functionality of the "My Tivo" page at tivo.com. I know that the S2 doesn't have the remote control functions, but you should at least be able to schedule recordings.
alansh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #13
yunlin12
Tivonation Citizen

It works great on my 7" Galaxy Tab (T-Mo version), but it's not working on my Nexus One rooted with CM7, can not see either of the 2 Tivos on my homenetwork (1 PXL, 1 plain Premiere).

The unofficial Tivo Commander has the same problem, can not see the Tivo's on my Nexus One, maybe issue with the phone, and not Tivo app. But Tivo Commander allows me to enter my Tivo's IP address manually and can still get full functionality with that workaround. The official Tivo app does not allow manual input of Tivo's IP, so it's useless on my Nexus One.
Tivo S3 750GB (decommissioned)
Tivo HD 750GB (adopted by parents)
Tivo Premiere
Tivo Premiere XL
yunlin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #14
htbyron

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunlin12 View Post
It works great on my 7" Galaxy Tab (T-Mo version), but it's not working on my Nexus One rooted with CM7, can not see either of the 2 Tivos on my homenetwork (1 PXL, 1 plain Premiere).

The unofficial Tivo Commander has the same problem, can not see the Tivo's on my Nexus One, maybe issue with the phone, and not Tivo app. But Tivo Commander allows me to enter my Tivo's IP address manually and can still get full functionality with that workaround. The official Tivo app does not allow manual input of Tivo's IP, so it's useless on my Nexus One.
The app won't see either of my tivos, on both my Moto Droid and my Xoom tablet Going back to the Tivo Commander app now Sigh...
htbyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #15
nfrhtp

I was able to put in my Tivo Premiere's IP, but since then my only option is to force close it. This is on a rooted Nook Tablet.
nfrhtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #16
yunlin12
Tivonation Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by htbyron View Post
The app won't see either of my tivos, on both my Moto Droid and my Xoom tablet Going back to the Tivo Commander app now Sigh...
Tivo Commander seems to have disappeared from the Android Market Good thing I still have it on my phone
Tivo S3 750GB (decommissioned)
Tivo HD 750GB (adopted by parents)
Tivo Premiere
Tivo Premiere XL
yunlin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #17
htbyron

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrhtp View Post
I was able to put in my Tivo Premiere's IP, but since then my only option is to force close it. This is on a rooted Nook Tablet.
How did you enter the IP? That was the best failsafe idea of the tivo commander app, and I had hoped tivo would put it in theirs, but i couldn't find the option.
htbyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #18
Joey Bagadonuts

So far it's working great with my Droid X2
Joey Bagadonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #19
bud8man
Tivo Evangelist

Yesterday's Free App of the Day from Amazon allows you to control your PC with your Android Phone. It's pretty cool. I think it costs $4.99 today.
You would have to leave a PC on, but it seems to be pretty neat.
So you could run TiVo to go on the Go.
But not sure how you schedule a recording that way.
You can do it online can't you?
Old 01-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #20
ggieseke

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunlin12 View Post
Tivo Commander seems to have disappeared from the Android Market Good thing I still have it on my phone
I think it's still available somewhere but was removed from the official app store. See the Underground forum for more details.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:46 PM   #21
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud8man View Post
But not sure how you schedule a recording that way.
You can do it online can't you?
As mentioned earlier in this thread... in your mobile device's web browser you could just go to http://m.tivo.com, login and setup a recording... I do this all the time and it's always worked great.

- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Old 01-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #22
erode

I'm trying to use the Tivo for Android app over wifi but it cannot find a compatible box. It's a Tivo Premiere with the proper Network Remote Control enabled. I've rebooted both the box and the handset (Galaxy Nexus) by the way.

I think the issue is a complicated one -- my main router is upstairs away from the Tivo and I have a D-Link DAP-1522 access point which allows my entertainment center to be part of my main LAN. I can access my Tivo by IP from any PC on the network (wifi or hardwired) but this application does not find the Tivo.

I am technologically inclined, but I am at a loss over this. Anybody know why it might not find the Tivo?
erode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #23
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

How about the Tcl & Java apps? Like wmbrines and remote2?

I hafta to try them.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #24
jcbpublic

Quote:
Originally Posted by erode View Post
I'm trying to use the Tivo for Android app over wifi but it cannot find a compatible box. It's a Tivo Premiere with the proper Network Remote Control enabled. I've rebooted both the box and the handset (Galaxy Nexus) by the way.

I think the issue is a complicated one -- my main router is upstairs away from the Tivo and I have a D-Link DAP-1522 access point which allows my entertainment center to be part of my main LAN. I can access my Tivo by IP from any PC on the network (wifi or hardwired) but this application does not find the Tivo.

I am technologically inclined, but I am at a loss over this. Anybody know why it might not find the Tivo?
Been working with the app for a couple of days now. I believe the issue is with wifi roaming. It appears when you first initialize the app, it associates with an access point and remembers its MAC address. When you roam to another AP on the same SSID, the app sees the different MAC address of the new AP, sees the network as new and cannot find any associated boxes. I would hope they would revise the app to seize at the SSID and not the MAC address level. They may have done this because so many people do not change the default SSID. If they don't change this portion of the app, they will need to allow the app to select a network SSID/MAC to connect to and remember all of them. Fyi, it apears the app is pairing to a BSSID instead of a SSID. This will definitely complicate roaming in a home with multiple WAPs.

Last edited by jcbpublic : 02-16-2012 at 05:03 PM.
jcbpublic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:12 AM   #25
dsnotgood

Tivo commander app here. BEST REMOTE APP FOR TIVO by far and soooo much better than the official one. Makes me think they had it pulled because one guy in his house did a 10000x better job at making a tivo app than they did with a full staff...

https://github.com/arantius/TiVo-Commander/downloads
dsnotgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #26
sghrush

Tivo Application on Android

It always finds the box but half the time gives an error message that cannot connect to box. Restarting phone does not help. The app is buggy.