TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > TiVo Search Feedback - Beta Release (Archive)
TiVo Community

Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
wjohna

HD Search Screen - Left Side off Screen

When using the new Tivo Search, the leftmost part of the picture is off the TV's screen--this only happens on the Tivo Search screen. For example, I can't see the leftmost column of letters, except for a tiny sliver. Does my TV need adjustment, or is this something I need to do on my Tivo? I haven't noticed this happening on any other HD channels, but it may be less noticeable when I'm looking at video vs. text.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
HomeUser

Do you have a HD TV? That is what happens when using HD Search with a standard screen.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:37 PM   #3
wjohna

Yes, I do have an HD TV. My Tivo is set to transmit 1080i.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:30 PM   #4
darrenmauro

This happens for me, too. It also seems like the bottom of the screen is cut off slightly.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:41 PM   #5
bwayne00

I have this same issue. It also occurs on the "You-Tube" search screens.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #6
mkomyluck

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjohna View Post
When using the new Tivo Search, the leftmost part of the picture is off the TV's screen--this only happens on the Tivo Search screen. For example, I can't see the leftmost column of letters, except for a tiny sliver. Does my TV need adjustment, or is this something I need to do on my Tivo? I haven't noticed this happening on any other HD channels, but it may be less noticeable when I'm looking at video vs. text.
this is your TV, I am on a 50" Phillips full HD, i have a setting on my TV which allows me to adjust my horizontal or vertical positioning. you may want to look thru your TV menu and see if you have this same adjustment.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
ScaryMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkomyluck View Post
this is your TV, I am on a 50" Phillips full HD, i have a setting on my TV which allows me to adjust my horizontal or vertical positioning. you may want to look thru your TV menu and see if you have this same adjustment.
Except every other screen is normal, its just the search screens.

I'm having the same issue.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #8
V7Goose
Verizon FiOS

Lightbulb Overscan

Sounds like it might be an overscan issue to me. All TVs deliberately overscan the screen (like zooming the picture a little larger than the screen) so that you never see black lines or artifacts around the edges. Some TVs are much worse at this than others, and a few, like my Sony plasma, actually give you a setup option to change the amount of overscan. You normally do not notice this because the programs are carefully designed to never put something critical around the outside edges of the frame.

I do not have the problem described in this thread, but I do see that the Ouija board is positioned right up against the left side of the screen. I have my overscan set to the minimum, and any additional would cause it to be cut off as described. Sounds like TiVo needs to leave a bit more room on the edge to allow for the variations in TVs.
Goose