TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
Zakk Wyldcat

Tuner 0 and 1 CCI Byte settings

Greetings all, has it ever been determined why CCI Byte settings differ from one tuner to the other for the same channel? I read the other relevant CCI Byte threads and saw the speculation that the copy-protection issue might not be cable-provider related, but there was no definitive answer. As of yesterday, it appears that tuner 0 is set to 0x02, while tuner 1 is still 0x00 for the same channel. Did any of those who posted in those threads ever find an answer, did the issue resolve itself? If the issue is permanent, is it possible to designate which tuner to record a program on? Any replies are appreciated, thanks.
Zakk Wyldcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
lafos

Are you sure both tuners are on the same channel? The only way I know to get both tuners on the same channel at the same time (inferred from your post), is to reboot the TiVo and hope the right channel is selected. When using channel numbers or up/down, the TiVo will switch tuners when it hits the channel tuned on the second tuner.
lafos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
Zakk Wyldcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafos View Post
Are you sure both tuners are on the same channel? The only way I know to get both tuners on the same channel at the same time (inferred from your post), is to reboot the TiVo and hope the right channel is selected. When using channel numbers or up/down, the TiVo will switch tuners when it hits the channel tuned on the second tuner.
Clarification: My initial post was incorrect-the tuners are NOT on the same channel, but the issue remains as far as differing CCI Byte settings-tuner 0 is 0x02 and tuner 1 is 0x00.

Another question: what is 'Time Since Tune Start' and 'Time Since Signal Lock' on the DVR Diagnostic menu?
Zakk Wyldcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakk Wyldcat View Post
Another question: what is 'Time Since Tune Start' and 'Time Since Signal Lock' on the DVR Diagnostic menu?
It's just a timer that starts at 0 when a channel is first tuned and shows how long that tuner has been on a certain channel.
Same for the signal lock.
They're both related in that the Tivo tunes to the channel then acquires a signal lock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
Clarification: My initial post was incorrect-the tuners are NOT on the same channel, but the issue remains as far as differing CCI Byte settings-tuner 0 is 0x02 and tuner 1 is 0x00.

Just a guess because the different channels have different CCI requirements? For instance one channel is a local channel that is available OTA it is REQUIRED to be CCI 0x00, the other channel may be HBO which is almost always CCI 0x02. Different cable companies may have different agreements with the same channel or they may have different policy when no preference is given. FIOS everything is 0x00 but BHN in my area everything but locals are 0x02.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
Brainiac 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafos View Post
Are you sure both tuners are on the same channel? The only way I know to get both tuners on the same channel at the same time (inferred from your post), is to reboot the TiVo and hope the right channel is selected.
I guess this wasn't the case for the original poster, but there is at least one other way to get both tuners on the same channel - just schedule overlapping recordings on the same channel.
Brainiac 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #7
lafos

Quote:
If you see tuner 0 with CCI=0 and tuner 1 with CCI=2, note the channels to which they are tuned. Then switch the tuners to point at the other channel and recheck. You need to use a third channel for this to avoid trying to tune the same channel on both. Then check the diagnostics again. The CCI value should depend on the channel and not the tuner.

If you still see the same CCI byte character, you may have a funky cablecard. If this happened to me, I would not complain, as TWC sets CCI=2 on everything except locals.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:41 AM   #8
lafos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac 5 View Post
I guess this wasn't the case for the original poster, but there is at least one other way to get both tuners on the same channel - just schedule overlapping recordings on the same channel.
Good point. Didn't think of that.