TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-22-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
Joe Siegler

TiVo Wireless USB Adapter on a PC

Due to rearrangement of hardware in my house, I no longer am using a TiVo USB adapter (AG0100).

I'm wondering if this thing can be used on a PC. I tried plugging it in, found no drivers, either locally or on Windows Update. Not surprised by that, but I was curious if it's possible to use it as a wireless adapter for a PC.

TiVo Roamio 75hr unmodified, TiVo Roamio 316hr/2TB, both OTA only.
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
pdonoghu

As you found out, there are no drivers, so no, it won't work. The Tivo adapter is a special wireless adapter with additional circuitry to off load signal processing from the Tivo's anemic CPU. It will only work on a Tivo. You could sell it, and get one that will work with your PC.
pdonoghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:33 AM   #3
Da Goon
Registered Abuser

Have a look around on sourceforge.net. Some one cooked up some drivers a while back and posted the code there. Never tried it personally.
Da Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:57 AM   #4
mikewilkinson1

Nice idea for providing us information about sourceforge.net. Would you mind to let us know more about this? Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mikewilkinson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:41 AM   #5
net114
Tivolitic Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewilkinson1 View Post
Nice idea for providing us information about sourceforge.net. Would you mind to let us know more about this? Thanks!
Just search that site or google it, if its there you'll find it.
net114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:46 AM   #6
ceyko

So, I only have 2 posts and it won't let me post a link. If you google "sourceforge tivo driver" you'll see it.
ceyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:21 AM   #7
Enrique

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
So, I only have 2 posts and it won't let me post a link. If you google "sourceforge tivo driver" you'll see it.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tivousbwifi/
Enrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
pdonoghu

From the sourceforge.net site:
"Currently, the linux device driver provides a non-encrypted link to the access point, supporting a core subset of the wireless extensions. The windows device driver only supports firmware download at this time. The device drivers have not yet been released."

I would take this to mean that you can get an unencrypted basic link with a Linux system and that there is no usable driver for a Windows PC. Since the last update is over 2 years old, I assume no one carried the project any further.
pdonoghu is offline   Reply With Quote