TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > TiVo Search Feedback - Beta Release (Archive)
TiVo Community

Forum Jump

Old 08-07-2009, 10:39 AM   #1
stevewjackson
Steve W. Jackson

Why an error on some programs?

In general, I like this new search feature, but it's got one specific problem that annoys me to no end.

When I'm watching a recorded program, whether requested or via Suggestion, and use the "More Info" button, the search screen that comes up will sometimes say that there was an error and the program wasn't found. It appears this happens if there are no episodes of the program coming up in the future as far as my guide data shows.

By way of example, I made a Season Pass to get all 5 episodes of "Torchwood: Children of Earth" and waited to watch until well afterward. But when I went to seek info on the cast, this error showed up because there weren't any future episodes in my guide. It occurred last night while watching a recorded suggestion which likewise doesn't appear anywhere in my guide data in the future.

So I'd really like to see this problem resolved. And in addition, I'd like to see the info screen provide additional episode-specific data (guest stars, etc.) as the old screen did when using "Explore This Program".

= Steve =
Old 08-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
stevewjackson
Steve W. Jackson

Question

Odd change of circumstances...

I tried the info button again while watching a recorded episode of NCIS. It produced the same error, but this time I know for a fact that there are upcoming episodes in my guide data. So I used the "search for another program" feature to search for NCIS and got *no* results.

I'm having my doubts about some aspect of this search.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:21 AM   #3
E94Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewjackson View Post

I tried the info button again while watching a recorded episode of NCIS. It produced the same error, but this time I know for a fact that there are upcoming episodes in my guide data. So I used the "search for another program" feature to search for NCIS and got *no* results.

I am having the same problem here once in a while. But in some case it is worse when you MVRed really old tv shows and recording new episodes of the same tv shows on same TiVo... they don't match when it comes to TiVo Search. Also sometimes it doesn't grouped together for same old episodes after MVRed.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #4
travellover
travellover

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewjackson View Post

i have been having the same issue with multiple programs and had the exact same issue with NCIS last night. however when i went to swivel search there it was. one thing i have noticed about swivel search is it does not list any programs that are avail to record it says you can download everything but nothing exists out of downloading.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:42 AM   #5
stevewjackson
Steve W. Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by travellover View Post
i have been having the same issue with multiple programs and had the exact same issue with NCIS last night. however when i went to swivel search there it was. one thing i have noticed about swivel search is it does not list any programs that are avail to record it says you can download everything but nothing exists out of downloading.
I actually think the problems with this feature may be getting worse. I'm getting the error more and more often. And unlike Swivel Search it doesn't include information on actors in specific episodes. This newer search has great potential, but it's weighing down my TiVo experience.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
travellover
travellover

Thumbs down tivo search is not working at all

wel no matter what show i am watching it comes up as not available when i do i search for it. it was random at first then it happened more often now it's total and completly dead. RIP beta search. really thougt it was a good thing but now very dissapointed and swivel search is gone to hell as it only list stuff for downloads and says no upcomming programs while i look at schedule and the program is listed every day.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #7
stevewjackson
Steve W. Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by travellover View Post
wel no matter what show i am watching it comes up as not available when i do i search for it. it was random at first then it happened more often now it's total and completly dead. RIP beta search. really thougt it was a good thing but now very dissapointed and swivel search is gone to hell as it only list stuff for downloads and says no upcomming programs while i look at schedule and the program is listed every day.
I'm not using it daily by any means (since it began erroring more and more). But I'm also seeing it producing errors more often than not. I had hopes for this feature, but now I'm beginning to have serious doubts. Anyone from TiVo care to comment?