TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #1
timchi29

roamio plus at Sam's club

Sam's has the TiVo roamio plus for $299, which by far is the cheapest I've seen it in a retail store. This will be my first TiVo unit and does it look the same one for $399 everywhere else? Not sure if they they have different models of the plus?
timchi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:54 PM   #2
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Plus is a Plus, there are no different versions other than if it was made after Jan1st 2014, it won't have Amazon video.

The Plus is the same as the Pro with the only difference that the Plus has a 1tb hard drive while the Pro has a 3tb drive. Both the Plus and Pro have built in Stream and Moca support.

The base Roamio is much different, having only 4 tuners, no Stream and no built in Moca support.

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:23 AM   #3
trip1eX

IF I wanted one today I do the ebay code deal listed in the deals thread in the Roamio forum. You can get a PLus for $599 with lifetime. Plus Minis for $175 with lifetime. That's the lowest price so far.

Tivo also just ran a sale on a Roamio Plus for $599. And from what I read here the next sale is coming September although no guarantee of pricing or models.
trip1eX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:42 PM   #4
Patrickcg

I saw this as well and I have been thinking about this deal. I currently have a s3 and an hd xl that recently died. Can anyone out there confirm that the PLRS code for $100 bucks off lifetime is a real thing right now,and if it will take it off a multi-service lifetime subscription? Because if that will work they may have a sale.
Patrickcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:49 PM   #5
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickcg View Post
I saw this as well and I have been thinking about this deal. I currently have a s3 and an hd xl that recently died. Can anyone out there confirm that the PLRS code for $100 bucks off lifetime is a real thing right now,and if it will take it off a multi-service lifetime subscription? Because if that will work they may have a sale.
The code PLRS is for new customers or customers not able to get MSD, it will not take $100 off the MSD price of $399 for Lifetime Service.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #6
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
The code PLRS is for new customers or customers not able to get MSD, it will not take $100 off the MSD price of $399 for Lifetime Service.
Yeah it's one or the other, it can't be combined. Although I recommend using PLSR instead of MSD because that gets you real lifetime which means the unit can be used for MSD purchases in the future if the PLSR code goes away.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #7
Patrickcg

I should have know better. Thanks for the info.
Patrickcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:41 AM   #8
cwbuckley

Triple X, where and how do you get a mini with lifetime for $175. I tried entering different codes and I couldn't get one to work. When I bought my basic Roamio, I entered my email address and got $100 off lifetime, because I already had an account. Then I entered Tivo50 and got $50 off the Roamio.

Chuck
cwbuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #9
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbuckley View Post
Triple X, where and how do you get a mini with lifetime for $175. I tried entering different codes and I couldn't get one to work. When I bought my basic Roamio, I entered my email address and got $100 off lifetime, because I already had an account. Then I entered Tivo50 and got $50 off the Roamio.

Chuck
The only way I know is using the E-Bay codes and you have to purchase a Roamio (at a good price) than you can get up to 4 Mini(s) for that price of $175

Old 08-14-2014, 04:39 PM   #10
timchi29

What is an eBay code?
Old 08-14-2014, 04:54 PM   #11
trip1eX

Search the site. OR go to the Roamio forum and find the Roamio deals thread. IT's all in there.
trip1eX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:31 PM   #12
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by timchi29 View Post
What is an eBay code?
I will make it easy for you, go http://www.ebay.com/itm/TiVo-Promo-D...item33932f10f1

Happy hunting

Old 08-16-2014, 05:58 AM   #13
timchi29

Thank you.