Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-22-2009, 08:15 AM   #181
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmnick View Post
Columbus, OH got this update yesterday, noticed that one of my SPs didn't record the right channel, glad I found this thread! I just selected what I hope is the "correct" channel lineup (Time Warner Columbus) and am stuck with "preparing" to get program info.

Unfortunately, neither TW nor TiVo have learned from this fiasco, I did not get any "lineup change" notices and even a forced call and reboot didn't get me the correct lineup....
Be sure to look at my post #95 .

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:25 PM   #182
pmnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Be sure to look at my post #95 .
This helped, and I can access all of the premium and digital channels in the new lineup by manually switching channels. However, the numbers still don't match (the guide data thinks channel 201 is HBO, not USA, but the channel shows USA programming).....

Everything is okay from 1 - 75, but all the higher channels aren't matching :-(
Linksys WUSB11 v.2.6
Linksys BEFW11S4
pmnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:56 AM   #183
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmnick View Post
This helped, and I can access all of the premium and digital channels in the new lineup by manually switching channels. However, the numbers still don't match (the guide data thinks channel 201 is HBO, not USA, but the channel shows USA programming).....

Everything is okay from 1 - 75, but all the higher channels aren't matching :-(
Browse to zap2it.com
Click Listings
Click Change my location
Enter your zip code
Now you should see all the possible lineups for your area. TiVo uses one of these lineups. (Some of them are for non-cable services obviously.) Examine the different cable lineups and see if one of them matches your new channels. This is the one that should be selected when you run the "portion of guided setup" in post #95.

Sometimes people have had to use a neighboring zip code in order to get a valid TiVo lineup.

If this doesn't fix it, you need to contact TiVo support and/or file a guide data error report with TiVo. Most likely the real problem is that TWC hasn't submitted the correct lineup to Tribune Media Services, which supplies it to both TiVo and zap2it.com. You can complain to TWC also -- good luck with that!

and
Old 11-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #184
dlfl
Cranky old novice

More new HD channels ?

I've picked up several new HD channels that weren't on the guide pamphlet TWC mailed me for the 25 Aug lineup change:

1101 DXDHD
1140 BIOHD
1323 VSHD
1351 HLNHD
1354 MNBCHD
1370 TWCHD

My TiVo gave me a message about DXDHD but nothing about the others.

I have the North Dayton Digital lineup and the minimum digital service. I am billed for Basic, Standard and Digital Variety packages.

If I go to the web lineup page and select just the packages I'm billed for, it comes up many channels short of those I get or those in the pamphlet. I'm not sure there's any way to know exactly what channels you're supposed to get. I guess this confusion is consistent with the way TWC botched the guide data for 25 August too.

and
Old 11-01-2009, 06:09 PM   #185
bobrt6676

Quote:
I've picked up several new HD channels that weren't on the guide pamphlet TWC mailed me for the 25 Aug lineup change:

1101 DXDHD
1140 BIOHD
1323 VSHD
1351 HLNHD
1354 MNBCHD
1370 TWCHD

My TiVo gave me a message about DXDHD but nothing about the others.

I have the North Dayton Digital lineup and the minimum digital service. I am billed for Basic, Standard and Digital Variety packages.

If I go to the web lineup page and select just the packages I'm billed for, it comes up many channels short of those I get or those in the pamphlet. I'm not sure there's any way to know exactly what channels you're supposed to get. I guess this confusion is consistent with the way TWC botched the guide data for 25 August too.

I received the same message. BUT if you channel down the message you get the rest of the channels.
New channels
1101dxdhd
1140 biohd
1155 travhd
1208 ehd
1277 amchd
1317 speedhd
1323 vshd
1351 hlnhd
1354 mnbchd
1370 twchd
deleted 1101 disnhd
bobrt6676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #186
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrt6676 View Post
I received the same message. BUT if you channel down the message you get the rest of the channels.
New channels
1101dxdhd
1140 biohd
1155 travhd
1208 ehd
1277 amchd
1317 speedhd
1323 vshd
1351 hlnhd
1354 mnbchd
1370 twchd
deleted 1101 disnhd
Thanks,

I already deleted the message but it must have been the same as yours.

I get all the channels you list except 1317 Speedhd. Have you checked to see if you can tune that one? I power-cycled the TA and cycled the USB connection. It's not giving the "Tuning adapter doesn't provide that channel" message and guide data is there, but a black screen. I'll have to call TWC to get it authorized or whatever, I guess.

EDIT: Pretty sure I'm not supposed to get Speedhd (or speed SD). I don't have the "package" to get that.

and

Last edited by dlfl : 11-01-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #187
realityboy

Quote:
Thanks,

I already deleted the message but it must have been the same as yours.

I get all the channels you list except 1317 Speedhd. Have you checked to see if you can tune that one? I power-cycled the TA and cycled the USB connection. It's not giving the "Tuning adapter doesn't provide that channel" message and guide data is there, but a black screen. I'll have to call TWC to get it authorized or whatever, I guess.

EDIT: Pretty sure I'm not supposed to get Speedhd (or speed SD). I don't have the "package" to get that.
I get SpeedHD. I'm not sure which package it is in although I know it isn't sports package since I don't have those.

The guide data is wrong for DisneyHD and DXDHD. They added DXDHD which is now channel 1102, but the guide says that it is 1101 and Disney HD is no longer there.
realityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:12 PM   #188
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityboy View Post
I get SpeedHD. I'm not sure which package it is in although I know it isn't sports package since I don't have those...........
What packages are you billed for? I'm billed for Basic, Standard and Digital Variety. TWC insists that doesn't include Speed (HD or SD).

and
Old 11-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #189
realityboy

Quote:
What packages are you billed for? I'm billed for Basic, Standard and Digital Variety. TWC insists that doesn't include Speed (HD or SD).
Those plus Digital Choice. I think Speed is in Digital Choice.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #190
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Those plus Digital Choice. I think Speed is in Digital Choice.
Yeah, thanks! That's the way the SD Speed channel was handled per the glossy lineup pamphlet they sent for the 25 August lineup change. In there it's in the Sports Package but there's a note that says it's also in the Digital Choice package.

Even TWC reps consider their lineup packages chaotic. The lineup web page is unuseable AFAIC -- better used as a game for little kids to make all the different colored blocks light up!

and
Old 11-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #191
realityboy

Most of the packages make no sense. Variety and Choice both seem to just be collections of random channels while the Sports package includes the Game Show Network.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:42 PM   #192
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
........The guide data is wrong for DisneyHD and DXDHD. They added DXDHD which is now channel 1102, but the guide says that it is 1101 and Disney HD is no longer there.
What I'm seeing is 1101 and 1102 both tune and, based on the logos in the video itself, 1101 is Disney Channel HD and 1102 is Disney XD HD.

1101 has guide data for DXDHD (wrong) and 1102 has no guide data but it says DisnXDH in the guide panel (this comes via the CableCARD/TA).

The zap2it lineup for me (North Dayton Digital) has only 1101 and says it's DXDHD, which seems to match the guide errors in the TiVo.

Guess what? TWC is failing to update TMS again, just like for 25 August!

and
Old 11-04-2009, 08:53 AM   #193
dlfl
Cranky old novice

New Time Warner SW Ohio problem thread

If your issue is particular to TWC SW Ohio but not related to the 25 August lineup change, I invite you to post in the new Time Warner Southwest Ohio, All Problems thread, which I started just for this purpose.

and