Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-27-2009, 03:13 PM   #91
dolfer
Myles Standish Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityboy View Post
No need to redo season passes. I have 113, and all are still working fine. It doesn't matter what number the season pass says. All that matters is that the channel name is the same. I still have some season passes set up for off-air channels from before Time Warner offered them in HD, and they work as well. Just look at View Upcoming Showings, and you can see that things will be recorded.
I only had about 10 right now...

Plus, can you be 100% sure that Tivo would record the HD channel??? If there are multiple possibilities how do you know it would always pick HD?

I just felt better knowing that the SP was made with the correct HD channel.

Call me crazy!?!?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sony SXRD 60A2020 | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Tivo HD | LG BD570 | Toshiba HD-A3 | Wii | Xbox 360
dolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:25 PM   #92
realityboy

The HD channel is a different channel name than the SD. So if the Season Pass is set up for USAHD, it will record USAHD and not USA. If it is set up for USA, it will record from any of the USA channels available in your lineup. I don't think it matters what the season pass is on. At least I hope that is how it works. I'll find out soon enough.

That said, it appears that not all of my season passes have remapped to the right channels yet. Everything was good last night, but some of the ones later in the week haven't shown up in my To Do list.
realityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #93
rocko
Cuckoo for TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfer View Post
I only had about 10 right now...

Plus, can you be 100% sure that Tivo would record the HD channel??? If there are multiple possibilities how do you know it would always pick HD?

I just felt better knowing that the SP was made with the correct HD channel.

Call me crazy!?!?!
You're crazy ...

Season passes work from the channel ID (i.e. WABCDT, SYFYHD, etc.) so re-doing SPs for channel lineup changes are unnecessary). I've previously mentioned that my SPs survived changing cable providers (Cablevision to FIOS).

P4XL x 2 - Lifetime
P - Lifetime
HD - 1TB WD10EVVS - Lifetime
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:43 PM   #94
bobrt6676

Quote:
It still takes a bit, but you don't have to redo guided setup. Just change your channel lineup.
how would you change channel line-up w/o going through guided set-up? You can go through channel list and select the new channels but no new guide info.
bobrt6676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #95
dlfl
Cranky old novice

I got an email reply from TiVo just now in response to the Guide Data problem I submitted Tuesday, just to ping them on the lineup change. Here are the instructions they gave me to get my correct lineup:

Quote:
- TiVo Central (by pressing the TiVo button on your TiVo remote)
- Select Messages and Settings
- Select Settings
- Select Channels
- Select Channel List
- Press the ENTER key

Follow the onscreen instructions to complete this portion of the Guided Setup. Your TiVo DVR will ask you to answer questions regarding your channels to determine the correct channel lineup.

Please ensure that the TiVo is using zip code <<45315>>. When you are asked to select your provider, please choose <<Time Warner North Dayton - Dayton,
OH>>. On the next screen, press the ENTER key. This will take you to a
list of available lineups where you must choose <<Digital Rebuild>>. You will have an opportunity to review the lineup before finalizing your selection. Please note that it will not display any of your premium channels (such as HBO) until you advance to the next few screens.
Note two things:
1. It describes this as a portion of the Guided Setup.
2. It instructs selecting the rebuild lineup.

There is no warning (as stated by two earlier posters in this thread) that the rebuild lineup will stop updating in a few days and the process will have to be repeated with the non-rebuild lineup.

I lost patience waiting for it to take care of itself so am doing this now. The "Preparing..." phase took 14 mins. I'm at 47% of the "Loading info" phase after about 4 mins.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #96
bobrt6676

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
I got an email reply from TiVo just now in response to the Guide Data problem I submitted Tuesday, just to ping them on the lineup change. Here are the instructions they gave me to get my correct lineup:

Note two things:
1. It describes this as a portion of the Guided Setup.
2. It instructs selecting the rebuild lineup.

There is no warning (as stated by two earlier posters in this thread) that the rebuild lineup will stop updating in a few days and the process will have to be repeated with the non-rebuild lineup.

I lost patience waiting for it to take care of itself so am doing this now. The "Preparing..." phase took 14 mins. I'm at 47% of the "Loading info" phase after about 4 mins.
Thanks for the info. I to am tired of waiting also for something that should have happened within 24 hours. There was only one deviation from Tivo's instructions. It never asks to choose "rebuild lineup". Instead it asks what do you receive on Channel 2 and Channel 26. From this I suppose they know if you are a rebuild area. So I am at "Preparing to connect" to get program info.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #97
franzey

At the screen where you choose which channel you get on channel 2, etc... I was told to continue to hit "No" or choose other channel until it presented me with a list of lineups. From that list, I choose the rebuild extended basic.
franzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #98
bobrt6676

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzey View Post
At the screen where you choose which channel you get on channel 2, etc... I was told to continue to hit "No" or choose other channel until it presented me with a list of lineups. From that list, I choose the rebuild extended basic.
ooops! did not know that part. I chose WDTN. Oh well, lets see if it works both ways.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:27 PM   #99
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzey View Post
Yeah, me too.

The entire "portion of guided setup" took about 50 mins. "Loading info" (including "Organizing...") took 34 mins. Guide data seems OK so far.

and
Old 08-27-2009, 05:17 PM   #100
realityboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrt6676 View Post
ooops! did not know that part. I chose WDTN. Oh well, lets see if it works both ways.
That way works for Dayton since channel 2 changed here-it does get teh rebuild lineup.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #101
franzey

Quote:
That way works for Dayton since channel 2 changed here-it does get teh rebuild lineup.
There were two rebuild lineups. One didn't have all the HD channels. The extended one has all the HD channels. The other rebuild lineups was missing 50% of the HD channels.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #102
realityboy

All of the HD channels were there for me based on picking the correct channel. It might be different for your zip code, but I've never had a problem with Tivo picking the correct lineup based on telling it what channels you receive.

Edit: Under System Info my lineup is listed as Time Warner Cable South Dayton Digital Rebuild.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #103
franzey

The channels were all correct for me too (in the other rebuild lineup), but beyond channel 1100, they were mostly missing. Everything prior to that from 2 up was spot on.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #104
realityboy

Hmm..it picked the right lineup for me based on channel 2 alone so maybe there was only 1 digital rebuild in south Dayton, or they fixed the problem and deleted the other one. I know there were a few counties that lost hd local channels maybe the other lineup is for them.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:03 PM   #105
realityboy

All of my season passes have still not repopulated my To Do List yet. How long should that take? The ones for last night all repopulated correctly, but I still don't have a few recordings scheduled that should be recorded tonight.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:07 PM   #106
bkdtv

Quote:
All of my season passes have still not repopulated my To Do List yet. How long should that take? The ones for last night all repopulated correctly, but I still don't have a few recordings scheduled that should be recorded tonight.
Are the correct programs listed in the To Do List, but with the wrong channel number? If the old channels were deleted from the lineup, the TiVo will record from the correct channels even if the old numbers are still listed in the To Do List.

When my cable provider changed their numbers, it took two weeks for the To Do List to update with the correct numbers. But every program during that period recorded from the correct (new) channel.
bkdtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:24 PM   #107
franzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdtv View Post
When my cable provider changed their numbers, it took two weeks for the To Do List to update with the correct numbers. But every program during that period recorded from the correct (new) channel.
This was my experience as well with this last rebuild.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:57 PM   #108
lafos

I went through GS, and when identifying channels, I said no to ch 20, which is gone from the rebuild for Troy. The TiVos thought for a while, and then came up with the correct line-up. They did take a while to prepare for connection, but I let it go and it did complete. All the ToDo recordings from my SPs realigned automatically.
lafos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:01 PM   #109
realityboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdtv View Post
Are the correct programs listed in the To Do List, but with the wrong channel number? If the old channels were deleted from the lineup, the TiVo will record from the correct channels even if the old numbers are still listed in the To Do List.

Some are listed in the To Do List with the correct number, but most are not listed at all.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #110
kika2000

I've had the correct lineup without re-doing guided setup here in NYC since the switch-over on the 19th.
However, I STILL can't get the new HD channels on my Tivo.

BBCAHD and TCMHD show up in the guide and show up fine on my SA8300, but no go on the Tivo.

I've tried everything at this point. Time Warner is sending out a tech to me tomorrow. Very bummed.
kika2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:10 PM   #111
realityboy

Quote:
Some are listed in the To Do List with the correct number, but most are not listed at all.
These actually showed up in my season pass list with the correct number. If anyone else has this problem, the way that I got the shows to show back up was to rearrange my season passes. I took the lowest priority and moved it to the top and then exited so that I got the Please Wait screen. After this everything was back to normal.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #112
dolfer
Myles Standish Proud

I wonder how many "non-techie" types own a Tivo HD??? I wonder if they are still sitting there with incorrect channel lineups right now? Thinking WTF is going on here?!?!?!

P.S. I am assuming that the automatic detection still hasn't happened... And that unless you took matters into your own hands, you still have the wrong channel lineup.

Sony SXRD 60A2020 | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Tivo HD | LG BD570 | Toshiba HD-A3 | Wii | Xbox 360
dolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #113
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
I wonder how many "non-techie" types own a Tivo HD??? I wonder if they are still sitting there with incorrect channel lineups right now? Thinking WTF is going on here?!?!?! .........
I had the same thought. I guess they either call TiVo or consult a techie they know. Such folks may well have had to have a techie set up their TiVo to begin with, just as people do for home theater systems, etc. Even some microwave ovens and other common appliances can challenge the "non-techie".

and
Old 08-28-2009, 10:10 AM   #114
rainwater

Quote:
I wonder how many "non-techie" types own a Tivo HD??? I wonder if they are still sitting there with incorrect channel lineups right now? Thinking WTF is going on here?!?!?!
I'm lucky in that where I live channel changes always happen the day they occur. Situations like you are in is the fault of the local contact that deals with Tribune. Users should never have to run guided setup to get the correct lineup. It should be happening automatically within a day or two of the channel changes.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #115
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
....... Situations like you are in is the fault of the local contact that deals with Tribune.........
Just to be absolutely clear on that, you are saying the Cable co, right?

In that case, I'm surprised anyone gets a response shorter than a week, given the Cable cos lack of any business incentive to support TiVo's.

and
Old 08-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #116
rainwater

Quote:
Just to be absolutely clear on that, you are saying the Cable co, right?

In that case, I'm surprised anyone gets a response shorter than a week, given the Cable cos lack of any business incentive to support TiVo's.
I have Charter who still has Moxi boxes in the field. Moxi boxes get their guide data through Charter but it uses Tribune guide data. So they have more of an incentive to have it working. My guess is some cable companies have a dedicated person in charge of reporting to Tribune from the local office and other companies may just have a global contact who has little knowledge of local changes.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:32 PM   #117
dlfl
Cranky old novice

zap2it.com, which gets the info from Tribune, had the revised lineup immediately (i.e., 25 Aug.) , labeled with "rebuild" (while they also had the old lineup).

Thus it would appear the delay is due to Tribune and/or TiVo, unless they are waiting for some final authorization from TWC.

Darned if it makes sense to me!

Has anyone got the new guide data without redoing the "portion" of Guided Setup?

and
Old 08-30-2009, 09:53 AM   #118
Grumock

Quote:
I had the same thought. I guess they either call TiVo or consult a techie they know. Such folks may well have had to have a techie set up their TiVo to begin with, just as people do for home theater systems, etc. Even some microwave ovens and other common appliances can challenge the "non-techie".
OMG not to mention a calculator. LMAO
Old 08-30-2009, 10:01 AM   #119
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumock View Post
OMG not to mention a calculator. LMAO
I consider myself a "techie" but I admit I find many of the fancier model devices (and software) complicated beyond being worth mastering.

and
Old 08-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #120
Grumock

Quote:
I consider myself a "techie" but I admit I find many of the fancier model devices (and software) complicated beyond being worth mastering.
I agree. I have had people call me though, when i was tech support, & when i ask them if the computer is on, they ask me . "does it need to be?" Or when i ask them to hit start they tell me "I already turned it on". Those type i think a calculator would be better.