TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
sriggins

How long does it take to get channel info?

I went through my channel list and realized I was missing a ton of HD channels (Why? that kinda sucks TiVo didn't add them for me!)

Anyway, I added about 10 on Friday, and the TiVo has updated successfully three times since then, but the guide still says "To be announced"

I get the video fine.

Any ideas on why TiVo is so slow to update the guide?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
pdonoghu

Assuming you are using a Series 3 model, you need cable cards to get guide information for the digital channels. Do you have cable cards installed?
pdonoghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Also, were these channels recently added by your cableco (or are they OTA)? If cable, it may take a while to populate the guide data. In my market and with my cableco, it typically takes 7-14 days.

If they're OTA, make sure you have the correct zip code plugged in your setup to get them.

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
sriggins

I have two cable cards. I have no idea when Comcast added some of these channels. How should I track this progress? Call Comcast?
Old 04-20-2009, 12:17 PM   #5
sriggins

Even weirder, the interactive guide at TiVo.com does not list any channel of 756, while the Comcast site lists plenty!
Old 04-20-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
pdonoghu

I suggest you go to www.zap2it.com and put your zip code in and see what lineups are available. This is Tribune Media's site, the company that provides Tivo the guide info.

A few possibilities: Your cable company did not properly authorize your cards. You did not select the proper lineup when you ran guided setup. There is a lineup issue that needs to be reported to Tivo for the missing channels.
pdonoghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #7
sriggins

Thanks for the link! Zap2it has the proper data. TiVo.com does not (they don't even list some of the channels i am getting) so I'll re-run guided setup and go from there.

heh, my TiVo was still in the zip code from where I used to live, which while only 12 miles away, is a different state

Thanks!