TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-04-2015, 11:36 PM   #1
unitron

Re-activateable or not?

Supposedly the debut of the Bolt was accompanied by a policy change that meant if a Series 1, 2, or 3 is not currently subscribed, it could never ever again be subscribed by anyone.

Which pretty much destroys any resale value they might still have had and sets up the possibility of a lot of buyers who didn't know about it getting angry with a lot of sellers who didn't know about it.

Yet someone seeking to sell a 648 got this from them.

(I've redacted as much as I thought necessary with * and x)

Quote:
Dear ******

This email is in response to your request to end service on your TiVo device with TSN: 6480031802124xx. This service cancellation will be effective on 2015-Nov-07.

If you wish to reverse this cancellation, please call us (at 1-877-367-8486) prior to the date listed above.

If after cancellation you wish to reactivate service on this TiVo device, you can do so at any time by logging into your account at www.tivo.com/myaccount and selecting 'Reactivate this Device. If you no longer will be using this TiVo device in your household, you easily can transfer the device to a friend or family member. A Tivo device is a great gift to give at any time of the year.

Service cancellation summary:
TiVo Service Number : 64800318021247xx
Request Date : 2015-Oct-21
Cancellation Date : 2015-Nov-07

We hope that you enjoyed using your TiVo device and that we can welcome you back sometime soon.

Sincerely,
The TiVo Team

Not sure if the bit about transfer to friend or family is "at any time" or "as long as you haven't deactivated it yet", but it otherwise sure does seem to contradict what I've seen posted around here lately by others who've spoken with TiVo.

Don't know if it has any bearing whatsoever, but this is the first time I've seen a 648 TSN that wasn't 648-0000-xxxx-xxxx or 648-0001-xxxx-xxxx or 648-0011-xxxx-xxxx

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:50 AM   #2
HerronScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
Not sure if the bit about transfer to friend or family is "at any time" or "as long as you haven't deactivated it yet", but it otherwise sure does seem to contradict what I've seen posted around here lately by others who've spoken with TiVo.

Don't know if it has any bearing whatsoever, but this is the first time I've seen a 648 TSN that wasn't 648-0000-xxxx-xxxx or 648-0001-xxxx-xxxx or 648-0011-xxxx-xxxx
Sounds like they need to change their form letter/e-mail.

Interesting about the 648-0031-8021. Mine are both 648-0001-8026 (Dec 2006) and 648-0001-8027 (Jan 2007).

Scott

Roamio Pro - 3TB - All-in
S3 HD - 2TB - Lifetime (son's)
S3 OLED - 2TB - Lifetime
S3 OLED - 2TB - Lifetime
S1 Phillips - 120GB - Lifetime trnsfrd to S3
S1 Sony - 30GB - Lifetime trnsfrd to S3
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:38 AM   #3
krkaufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerronScott View Post
Sounds like they need to change their form letter/e-mail.
Yeah, I consider it more probable that TiVo failed to dot all the i's after the new policy was announced, rather than their having reversed the policy change.

krkaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:53 AM   #4
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by krkaufman View Post
Yeah, I consider it more probable that TiVo failed to dot all the i's after the new policy was announced, rather than their having reversed the policy change.
But now this guy has, in writing, from just a couple of days ago, an assurance from TiVo that contradicts what is supposedly now their new policy that was put in place longer ago than just a couple of days.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote