TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-10-2016, 10:48 AM   #1
netjack

Coming back to recording

Tried a search and only hit a roamio sub-forum

On the bolt, say you're watching a recording and you hit guide and select a live show. That live show hits a recording, what's the button to go back to where the recording left off? Back seems to bring you to show menu where you can hit play again (from the beginning).

netjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:59 AM   #2
JoeKustra
Cable only

If a recording is running, you would need to pause it or it continues. The pause may have a time-out, I've never tried it this way.

JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 03:18 PM   #3
UCLABB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
If a recording is running, you would need to pause it or it continues. The pause may have a time-out, I've never tried it this way.
I'm not sure what the OP is talking about- but what you post is not true for me. I just tried it and I can be watching a show while it is still recording and leave to go to live tv or to another recording and when I come back it resumes where I left off.

UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 02:17 PM   #4
netjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLABB View Post
I'm not sure what the OP is talking about- but what you post is not true for me. I just tried it and I can be watching a show while it is still recording and leave to go to live tv or to another recording and when I come back it resumes where I left off.

2 things:
1) I'm talking about watching a past recording (not a current one). Not sure if this makes a difference
2) the ultimate goal is to just hit the "back" button or 1 button solution vs. working all the menus to get back.

Old 04-11-2016, 02:52 PM   #5
jrtroo
User

I think you mean that you are watching a show, go into the menu or guide to perform some activity, and want to expand back to the show you are/were watching.

Hit Zoom.

Old 04-11-2016, 03:04 PM   #6
UCLABB

Quote:
Originally Posted by netjack View Post
2 things:
1) I'm talking about watching a past recording (not a current one). Not sure if this makes a difference
2) the ultimate goal is to just hit the "back" button or 1 button solution vs. working all the menus to get back.
If you only went to a menu, then as jtroo says, you can hit the zoom button. However, if you go to live tv or to another recording, then there is no "back button" I.e., a single button push to get you back to the recording. If you've only gone to live tv, then the best bet is to hit the left arrow which normally would put you back on the recording you were watching and then hit play. Sorry, two button hits required.

UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:51 PM   #7
netjack

Ah. Fios use to have 1 button to get back but that even disappeared a few months back. I thought maybe I'd get lucky with TiVo. Guess not. Now only if I can figure out why Plex keeps quitting on me, it'd be damn near perfect.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:35 PM   #8
mattack

argh, the site went down right after I posted my reply..

in short, LEFT should get you back to the _menu_ you were previously, at least.. so if you started a show from now playing, you can go into the guide, etc., and after dismissing the guide, you can hit LEFT and you should be back at the now playing for that show..

but there are cases where the pause point ISN'T saved, and this is one of them (e.g. one pass and other options)..

mattack is offline   Reply With Quote