TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2014, 08:46 AM   #2941
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 38,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Since I remember her from ER in 1994/5, I'm not amazed at her age.

But yeah, she hasn't aged much at all since then. Chick definitely has a painting in the attic.
I just looked up her history on ER. She was just a recurring character in 8 episodes in the spring of 1995, but then she was cast as a regular in The Single Guy for fall 1995. She was on The Single Guy for two full seasons, then did some other stuff, including the voice for Disney's Mulan, and then her character rejoined ER as a series regular in spring 2000.

__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:14 AM   #2942
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 32,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I just looked up her history on ER. She was just a recurring character in 8 episodes in the spring of 1995, but then she was cast as a regular in The Single Guy for fall 1995. She was on The Single Guy for two full seasons, then did some other stuff, including the voice for Disney's Mulan, and then her character rejoined ER as a series regular in spring 2000.
Right...and I remember her from ER in 1994/5.

She was roughly my age then, so it makes sense that she's roughly my age now...unless you look at her.

__________________
“There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you.”—The Doctor
Rob Helmerichs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:19 AM   #2943
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 38,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Right...and I remember her from ER in 1994/5.

She was roughly my age then, so it makes sense that she's roughly my age now...unless you look at her.
I wasn't correcting you. I just didn't remember that her character only appeared briefly in 1995 and then went away for a long time, so I was posting what I had learned.

I did watch most/all episodes of The Single Guy, so I remember her on there. Just forgot that her stint on TSG interrupted her run on ER.

__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #2944
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 32,232
Ming-Na Wen is the same age as Robert Taylor, who plays Longmire.

On average, they look their age.

__________________
“There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you.”—The Doctor
Rob Helmerichs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:19 PM   #2945
unitron
Registered User
 
unitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: semi-coastal NC
Posts: 14,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Ming-Na Wen is the same age as Robert Taylor, who plays Longmire.

On average, they look their age.
I thought Robert Taylor played Ivanhoe opposite Elizabeth (no relation) Taylor.

__________________
(thisismysigfile)


"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:19 PM   #2946
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 32,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
I thought Robert Taylor played Ivanhoe opposite Elizabeth (no relation) Taylor.
That's dead American Robert Taylor. Longmire is alive Aussie Robert Taylor. (Perhaps best known until now as Agent Smith's sidekick, Agent Jones, in the Matrix movies.)

__________________
“There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you.”—The Doctor
Rob Helmerichs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #2947
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Lexington, MA
Posts: 3,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
That's dead American Robert Taylor. Longmire is alive Aussie Robert Taylor. (Perhaps best known until now as Agent Smith's sidekick, Agent Jones, in the Matrix movies.)
Get out (shoves Rob)!

__________________
"Please remain calm--I may be mad, but I am a professional!" -- Mad Scientist
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:09 AM   #2948
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 35,612
One new entries from the TV show Satisfaction:

Katherine LaNasa born in 1966 is my definite.

The other main woman will qualify next year Stephanie Szostak

__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:05 AM   #2949
JohnB1000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 14,972
Considering that Katherine is older than me (and I assure you I do not look like that) I am impressed.

__________________
XBOX Live GamerTag - PotatoMagnet
JohnB1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:21 AM   #2950
Graymalkin
Style and Panache
 
Graymalkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 49,054
Katherine's been married to Dennis Hopper, French Stewart, and Grant Show. That's an interesting array of hubbies.

Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:21 AM   #2951
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 35,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
Considering that Katherine is older than me (and I assure you I do not look like that) I am impressed.
Spoilered because it's a preview from the next episode of the show:

Spoiler:
Looks like she's going to be pretty...ummmm...exposed..next episode. they've already gone pretty far nudity-wise for a basic cable show. Bare female buttage was in the last episode, but not from the two lead women.

__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:22 AM   #2952
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 35,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymalkin View Post
Katherine's been married to Dennis Hopper, French Stewart, and Grant Show. That's an interesting array of hubbies.
Dennis Hopper seems polar opposite of the other two (at least by the characters they tend to play on screen).

Very interesting indeed.

__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:38 PM   #2953
mrizzo80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 439
Not really an actress, but Food Network's Giada De Laurentiis (44) was on Fallon this week.

Whoa.

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/10811
http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/10756

mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:25 PM   #2954
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 38,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrizzo80 View Post
Not really an actress, but Food Network's Giada De Laurentiis (44) was on Fallon this week.

Whoa.

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/10811
http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/10756
Every time I see her, I can't figure out how she keeps that giant head on top of that teeny, tiny body. But even still, "Whoa" is right.

__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:30 AM   #2955
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy
 
jsmeeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Dallas
Posts: 90,108
LOL at Artie.

__________________
Jeff
Proud to use my TiVo improperly
President of the TiVoShanan Fan Club


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:18 AM   #2956
DUDE_NJX
Registered User
 
DUDE_NJX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 9,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Every time I see her, I can't figure out how she keeps that giant head on top of that teeny, tiny body. But even still, "Whoa" is right.
She's got the anchor nose and moon chin to balance it out.

DUDE_NJX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:20 AM   #2957
cheesesteak
Meh.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 15 mins from Philly
Posts: 26,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDE_NJX View Post
She's got the anchor nose and moon chin to balance it out.
And a huge mouth.

I've only watched her show a couple of times but I remember there used to be a number of blind item rumors about her alleged marriage infidelities in the gossip sites.

__________________

Live well and prosper
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump







Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements





TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2015 DBNet - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 PM.