TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #2401
Satchel
Registered User
 
Satchel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,071
Incredible, but Pam Anderson got a haircut and it completely makes her look better...


Satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #2402
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 40,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satchel View Post
Incredible, but Pam Anderson got a haircut and it completely makes her look better...
Disagree. Can't stand short hair on women, and I think that looks awful.

__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:52 AM   #2403
bengalfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
So it's only possible to be a hot woman if you are famous?
Nope, but by and large, television personalities are better looking than 90% of the other females out there which is why you rarely find truly ugly women on TV unless they have great talent and have aged themselves into the homeliness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj
I probably know a dozen women within my own circle of friends and acquaintances that Tyra couldn't hold a candle to.
Yeah, probably not. Unless you run in that truly blessed part of the populace that spends as much on plastic surgery as the rest of us do on mortgage payments.

__________________
The Bengals and Tivo, life should have a few obsessions.
bengalfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:56 AM   #2404
bengalfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satchel View Post
Incredible, but Pam Anderson got a haircut and it completely makes her look better...

I could not disagree more. It makes her look old.

__________________
The Bengals and Tivo, life should have a few obsessions.
bengalfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:15 AM   #2405
Hoffer
Captain Chaos
 
Hoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 33,272
That picture of Pam with short hair is bad. Need to see her all done up sexy to tell if the hair really is that bad.

__________________
Xbox/PSN/Wii U IDs: Hoffer
Hoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:33 AM   #2406
fmowry
Registered User
 
fmowry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 10,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
You are a typing definition of the flaws of this thread. You respond to a post saying just post better pictures with yet more negativity. You have time to research when I started posting but not to find a picture of a nice lady
I've probably posted more pics in this thread than you chief. <middle finger icon>

fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:37 AM   #2407
cheesesteak
Meh.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 15 mins from Philly
Posts: 27,117
Judging strictly on those two pictures, Pamela Anderson looks much better with the short hair. She actually looks like an adult. She looks like plastic blow up doll trying desperately to look young in the long hair picture.

__________________

Pure applesauce flavored jiggery-pokery
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:42 AM   #2408
Inundated
Face For Radio
 
Inundated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 21,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfreak View Post
Yeah, probably not. Unless you run in that truly blessed part of the populace that spends as much on plastic surgery as the rest of us do on mortgage payments.
Take away all the plastic surgery, the deluxe makeup and treatments, and that 90% figure of yours goes down dramatically.

Inundated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:43 AM   #2409
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 33,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Judging strictly on those two pictures, Pamela Anderson looks much better with the short hair. She actually looks like an adult. She looks like plastic blow up doll trying desperately to look young in the long hair picture.
More to the point, with the short hair she looks like a human being.

__________________
“There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you.”—The Doctor
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:09 AM   #2410
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 36,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfreak View Post
Nope, but by and large, television personalities are better looking than 90% of the other females out there which is why you rarely find truly ugly women on TV unless they have great talent and have aged themselves into the homeliness.



Yeah, probably not. Unless you run in that truly blessed part of the populace that spends as much on plastic surgery as the rest of us do on mortgage payments.
You really don't get out much do you?

There are probably 20 million people in the tri-state area, there are definitely a lot more hot women here than on TV, trust me.

__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:11 AM   #2411
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 36,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Judging strictly on those two pictures, Pamela Anderson looks much better with the short hair. She actually looks like an adult. She looks like plastic blow up doll trying desperately to look young in the long hair picture.
I don't like short hair and I agree. I never actually thought she had a great looking face to begin with (smokin' body though). With the short hair she looks less freaky.

__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:13 AM   #2412
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 36,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
Take away all the plastic surgery, the deluxe makeup and treatments, and that 90% figure of yours goes down dramatically.
Very true.

No denying that the majority of women on TV are more attractive than the average woman (and same goes for men). That said, that doesn't mean that they are THE most attractive, again, unless you're the type of person who doesn't get out much (not directed at you Inundated).

__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:28 AM   #2413
MikeCC
TiVotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfreak View Post
Nope, but by and large, television personalities are better looking than 90% of the other females out there which is why you rarely find truly ugly women on TV unless they have great talent and have aged themselves into the homeliness.

[...]
I suspect that is true, primarily because a key attribute in the television and movie industry is physical attractiveness. The industry tends to filter out less attractive people: agents look to represent prettier people, and will suggest ways to physically enhance or improve clients' appearance; casting directors populate movies and TV shows with stunning actors; even local TV news shows tend to have on air talent who are very nice to look at.

And why?

Because we, the viewers, want it. We want to look at gorgeous women, and handsome guys. Sure exceptions exist. of course. But the very fact we have a thread about hot women over 40 tends to validate my point: we respond visually.

MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:37 AM   #2414
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 36,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
I suspect that is true, primarily because a key attribute in the television and movie industry is physical attractiveness. The industry tends to filter out less attractive people: agents look to represent prettier people, and will suggest ways to physically enhance or improve clients' appearance; casting directors populate movies and TV shows with stunning actors; even local TV news shows tend to have on air talent who are very nice to look at.

And why?

Because we, the viewers, want it. We want to look at gorgeous women, and handsome guys. Sure exceptions exist. of course. But the very fact we have a thread about hot women over 40 tends to validate my point: we respond visually.
Of course. But that doesn't mean the MAJORITY of beautiful people are on TV (or in the media) does it? Lets say there are 10,000 actresses on TV (and that's probably high) of ALL ages. That's out of a population of 300 million people. That's a VERY small percentage of the population. If you say roughly half are women and half of those women are under 40 (I have no idea here, I'm just guessing), that's so that's 75 million women over 40. Would you think 1% if the women in that population would be considered TV beautiful? that's STILL 750,000 women (over 40). The TV actress portion of that is STILL a small percentage. That's why I don't get his statement that the only attractive women are media stars.

__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:07 AM   #2415
replaytv
gun talk ignore list
 
replaytv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denver ish Colorado
Posts: 4,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
So it's only possible to be a hot woman if you are famous? I probably know a dozen women within my own circle of friends and acquaintances that Tyra couldn't hold a candle to. But I guess you are star struck.
I have always been amazed the beauties I see in day to day life. I would say that the most of the stars aren't as beautiful as many women I have seen in daily life.

While walking out of the thrift store a teenager that was one of the most beautiful persons that I have ever seen. She had a grungy t-shirt on and worn dirty jeans, but her cloths couldn't hide her beauty.

Last week I saw a woman with beautiful gray hair. She was probably over 60 but even though she had wrinkles and other signs of age, nothing could stop me from judging her as a incredible beauty, far more beautiful than any star of her age that I have seen on the screen.
This link isn't to a picture of either female, but is an example of the beauty all around us, in nature and hiking out in nature.
http://www.meetup.com/adventurers-99...542/#280431202

replaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:35 AM   #2416
MikeCC
TiVotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Of course. But that doesn't mean the MAJORITY of beautiful people are on TV (or in the media) does it? Lets say there are 10,000 actresses on TV (and that's probably high) of ALL ages. That's out of a population of 300 million people. That's a VERY small percentage of the population. If you say roughly half are women and half of those women are under 40 (I have no idea here, I'm just guessing), that's so that's 75 million women over 40. Would you think 1% if the women in that population would be considered TV beautiful? that's STILL 750,000 women (over 40). The TV actress portion of that is STILL a small percentage. That's why I don't get his statement that the only attractive women are media stars.
You are missing the point. No one is arguing that the population at large does not have a lot of attractive women. Not at all. After all, where do these beautiful actresses come from, anyway?

However, a point can be made that by and large, the entertainment industry (a subset of the overall population) has a much greater percentage of attractive people than the overall population. That simply means less attractive people either do not tend to go into the entertainment industry and/or less attractive people tend not to be as successful in the entertainment industry.

I'm not making a judgment in any way; I'm simply pointing out that on a percentage basis, entertainment industry to the population as a whole, the entertainment industry has a greater percentage of beautiful people.

Are there more beautiful people in existence on this planet than there are beautiful people in Hollywood? Quite likely. But that ain't the same thing at all.

Pick a random TV star, and pick a random clerk at the grocery store for example. It's a good bet the random TV star would be considered physically more attractive than the random clerk. Can you find a grocery store clerk that is more beautiful than the TV star? I'm sure you could. But in a completely random selection, the odds are not in your favor.

That's why we discuss attractive stars. That, and the fact that stars will have oodles of photos about 'em on line and in print. If we asked you to start posting pictures of very attractive grocery store clerks, you'd likely get yourself arrested.

MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:39 AM   #2417
frombhto323
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
You are missing the point. No one is arguing that the population at large does not have a lot of attractive women. Not at all. After all, where do these beautiful actresses come from, anyway?

However, a point can be made that by and large, the entertainment industry (a subset of the overall population) has a much greater percentage of attractive people than the overall population. That simply means less attractive people either do not tend to go into the entertainment industry and/or less attractive people tend not to be as successful in the entertainment industry.

I'm not making a judgment in any way; I'm simply pointing out that on a percentage basis, entertainment industry to the population as a whole, the entertainment industry has a greater percentage of beautiful people.

Are there more beautiful people in existence on this planet than there are beautiful people in Hollywood? Quite likely. But that ain't the same thing at all.

Pick a random TV star, and pick a random clerk at the grocery store for example. It's a good bet the random TV star would be considered physically more attractive than the random clerk. Can you find a grocery store clerk that is more beautiful than the TV star? I'm sure you could. But in a completely random selection, the odds are not in your favor.

That's why we discuss attractive stars. That, and the fact that stars will have oodles of photos about 'em on line and in print. If we asked you to start posting pictures of very attractive grocery store clerks, you'd likely get yourself arrested.
Good post, but please don't give anyone any ideas.

__________________
"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell
frombhto323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:41 AM   #2418
loubob57
Cancer sucks!
 
loubob57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 25,637
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by frombhto323 View Post
Good post, but please don't give anyone any ideas.
Someone could start a "Hawtest grocery store clerk" thread...

__________________
Well boys, I reckon this is it: nuclear combat, toe to toe with the Russkies.
loubob57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #2419
MikeCC
TiVotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
Someone could start a "Hawtest grocery store clerk" thread...
Nah, we'd soon be squabbling over some former clerk who hadn't worked a checkout line for over two years. And would stockers count? I see chaos and madness, people. Chaos and madness.


MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #2420
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 33,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
Nah, we'd soon be squabbling...
You realize that everything after this is unnecessary information, right?

__________________
“There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you.”—The Doctor
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:48 PM   #2421
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 36,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
You are missing the point. No one is arguing that the population at large does not have a lot of attractive women. Not at all. After all, where do these beautiful actresses come from, anyway?

However, a point can be made that by and large, the entertainment industry (a subset of the overall population) has a much greater percentage of attractive people than the overall population. That simply means less attractive people either do not tend to go into the entertainment industry and/or less attractive people tend not to be as successful in the entertainment industry.

I'm not making a judgment in any way; I'm simply pointing out that on a percentage basis, entertainment industry to the population as a whole, the entertainment industry has a greater percentage of beautiful people.

Are there more beautiful people in existence on this planet than there are beautiful people in Hollywood? Quite likely. But that ain't the same thing at all.

Pick a random TV star, and pick a random clerk at the grocery store for example. It's a good bet the random TV star would be considered physically more attractive than the random clerk. Can you find a grocery store clerk that is more beautiful than the TV star? I'm sure you could. But in a completely random selection, the odds are not in your favor.

That's why we discuss attractive stars. That, and the fact that stars will have oodles of photos about 'em on line and in print. If we asked you to start posting pictures of very attractive grocery store clerks, you'd likely get yourself arrested.
Nobody has ever said differently. Just like there are more 300 lb "fit" people playing football than the population at large. The point I tried to make earlier is that I probably know a dozen women more beautiful than Tara Banks, and the most beautiful women I've ever seen have never been in front of a camera of any kind. It's why I always think that when People or whoever has their issue about the most beautiful woman in the world, they are just not even close. The article name should be changed to "The most beautiful FAMOUS person in the World". We discuss attractive stars because we all know who they are. Nobody knows who Melissa who sits in the desk near me is, or my wife (she promised I could go out Saturday night if I said that ).

__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #2422
fmowry
Registered User
 
fmowry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 10,256
Because of the Megyn Kelly is a hit thread:



I figure her "news" is about as newsworthy as Jenny McCarthy's on the View.

fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #2423
cheesesteak
Meh.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 15 mins from Philly
Posts: 27,117
In that picture, her face looks somewhat like the guy who plays Sam Winchester on Supernatural.

__________________

Pure applesauce flavored jiggery-pokery
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:50 PM   #2424
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?
 
DreadPirateRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,399
Her face looks 3x too big for her body, although that may just be the way the pic is framed (including airbrushed/photoshopped).

/wouldstillhitit

__________________
“You know, sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage. Just, literally, 20 seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it.”
DreadPirateRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #2425
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User
 
tivoboyjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
Someone could start a "Hawtest grocery store clerk" thread...
Years and years ago, my local grocery store clerk was a Raiderette and was, indeed, quite hot (though nowhere near 40). I went to the grocery store a lot.

tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #2426
JohnB1000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 15,813
Lucy Liu


__________________
XBOX Live GamerTag - PotatoMagnet
JohnB1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:29 PM   #2427
efilippi
Registered User
 
efilippi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Mundelein, Il
Posts: 4,697
I recall seeing Lucy Liu in one of the Angels movies where she was walking barefoot on somebodies back and thinking "gosh, even her feet are gorgeous!"

__________________
Ed
Comcast cable Blast
Tivo Roamio Pro
efilippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:39 PM   #2428
aindik
Registered User
 
aindik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 30,433
I don't know where all these women are that are hotter than Tyra Banks but I need to go to there.

aindik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #2429
replaytv
gun talk ignore list
 
replaytv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denver ish Colorado
Posts: 4,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by aindik View Post
I don't know where all these women are that are hotter than Tyra Banks but I need to go to there.
http://www.meetup.com/PhiladelphiaHa...otos/17978222/

http://www.meetup.com/Philadelphia-F...otos/13517242/


Last edited by replaytv; 10-31-2013 at 04:07 PM.
replaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #2430
aindik
Registered User
 
aindik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 30,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by replaytv View Post
Keep looking.

aindik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump







Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Advertisements





TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media


(C) 2015 DBNet - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 PM.
Page generated in 0.15439105 seconds (84.54% PHP - 15.46% MySQL) with 16 queries