TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #781
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Note that I'm not saying either of these should be at the top of anyone's list, but they're both over 40, are relatively hot, and are on TV every week:

Megyn Price (Rules of Engagement). She'll be 41 in a couple weeks. Both pictures are since she turned 40.

Christa Miller (Cougar Town). They made a joke about her age on this week's episode so I looked her up, and she's 48! Will be 49 in May. Both pics are recent.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #782
andyw715

Dang.
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #783
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
Yes. Read the link.
Forgive me for not wanting to click on a link to joblo (I have no idea what that is, nor did I care that much to - especially at work).
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:24 AM   #784
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Note that I'm not saying either of these should be at the top of anyone's list, but they're both over 40, are relatively hot, and are on TV every week:

Megyn Price (Rules of Engagement). She'll be 41 in a couple weeks. Both pictures are since she turned 40.

Christa Miller (Cougar Town). They made a joke about her age on this week's episode so I looked her up, and she's 48! Will be 49 in May. Both pics are recent.
Not sure if you knew this and that's why you put them in the same post. The guy currently married to Christa, used to be married to Megyn. I've heard them on Howard Stern and they kinda talk crap about Megyn.

I've always thought Megyn Price was hot. First saw her on that Fox sitcom "Grounded for Life". I think she's only gotten better looking with age.

Had no idea Christa was in her late 40s.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #785
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
Not sure if you knew this and that's why you put them in the same post. The guy currently married to Christa, used to be married to Megyn.
Bill Lawrence, creator of Scrubs and co-creator of Spin City and Cougar Town.
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #786
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:

Not sure if you knew this and that's why you put them in the same post. The guy currently married to Christa, used to be married to Megyn. I've heard them on Howard Stern and they kinda talk crap about Megyn.

I've always thought Megyn Price was hot. First saw her on that Fox sitcom "Grounded for Life". I think she's only gotten better looking with age.

Had no idea Christa was in her late 40s.
I knew Christa was married to Bill Lawrence, but I didn't know that he used to be married to Megyn.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #787
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Same here.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #788
DougF

Quote:
...Had no idea Christa was in her late 40s.
Well, if she hadn't been surgically altered, you might be able to tell.

She used to be very attractive, but now all I can see is that her face barely moves when she talks.
DougF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #789
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougF View Post
Well, if she hadn't been surgically altered, you might be able to tell.

She used to be very attractive, but now all I can see is that her face barely moves when she talks.
Yeah, I watched the first episode of Cougartown after moving to TBS. I was surprised how she looked. I guess that should have been my first clue she wasn't a spring chicken.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #790
inaka

She was in the Oscars which were on TV, so this qualifies.

She's my all-time fav.

Age 46 now.
inaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #791
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

Quote:
Yeah, I watched the first episode of Cougartown after moving to TBS. I was surprised how she looked. I guess that should have been my first clue she wasn't a spring chicken.
As soon as I saw what both she and Courtney Cox had done to their faces, I knew I couldn't watch that show. Way too distracting...
Old 03-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #792
efilippi

Ever since Hill Street Blues, I've been a bit infatuated with Gail O'grady. She is now over 50 so certainly meets the age requirements for this list. I saw her recently on Rules of Engagement and Castle so she is on tv quite a bit, even though she has not been on a series since the lovely (!) Hellcats. Bouncing cheerleaders, what's not to like?
efilippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #793
MikeCC
TiVotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by efilippi View Post

Ever since Hill Street Blues NYPD Blue, I've been a bit infatuated with Gail O'grady. She is now over 50 so certainly meets the age requirements for this list. I saw her recently on Rules of Engagement and Castle so she is on tv quite a bit, even though she has not been on a series since the lovely (!) Hellcats. Bouncing cheerleaders, what's not to like?
FYP.

I'm pretty sure she wasn't in Hill Street. And yessssss... she is someone I am infatuated with, as well.
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #794
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

Gail O'Grady was on NYPD Blue, not Hill Street Blues. She now shows up in a lot of Lifetime Channel and Hallmark Channel movies.
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #795
BradJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymalkin View Post
Gail O'Grady was on NYPD Blue, not Hill Street Blues. She now shows up in a lot of Lifetime Channel and Hallmark Channel movies.
You shouldn't know that!
BradJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #796
MikeCC
TiVotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJW View Post
You shouldn't know that!
Ah come on... if you knew she had a RomCom or a damsel-in-distress teleplay on one of those channels, wouldn't YOU be tempted to check it out?

Ya follow the hottie. Yep.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #797
JohnB1000

Hard to find a really good picture but Robin Wright has looked great in House of Cards

Old 03-04-2013, 05:02 AM   #798
bengalfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterboy View Post
As soon as I saw what both she and Courtney Cox had done to their faces, I knew I couldn't watch that show. Way too distracting...
Gotta say the plastic surgery is an improvement. Christa Miller looked awful on Scrubs.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:32 AM   #799
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfreak View Post

Gotta say the plastic surgery is an improvement. Christa Miller looked awful on Scrubs.
Wow, you're not kidding:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #800
Generic
Now in Dolby Digital

Somewhat surprised Jeri Ryan has not been mentioned yet. She is on Body Of Proof.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #801
andyw715

Her body is proof that she is hawt.
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:32 AM   #802
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Probably because nobody watches Body of Proof.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #803
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic View Post
Somewhat surprised Jeri Ryan has not been mentioned yet. She is on Body Of Proof.
I follow her and she seems to be a sweetie, but I keep thinking about her poor shlub rich ex-hubby who paid to make her up and have carreer only to have her run off with the Star Trek lech.

We've seen her depth of acting skills on such as on Leverage. She can play anything from A to C.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #804
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
I follow her and she seems to be a sweetie, but I keep thinking about her poor shlub rich ex-hubby who paid to make her up and have carreer only to have her run off with the Star Trek lech.
Didn't he abuse her and try to put her in sex clubs?

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,656517,00.html

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #805
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
Didn't he abuse her and try to put her in sex clubs?
Ryan was more of a RICH clueless nerd. He had no idea what would win her back so he tried....
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #806
MikeCC
TiVotee

Quote:
Ryan was more of a RICH clueless nerd. He had no idea what would win her back so he tried....
Ah yes. Jack Ryan.

Both he and Jeri tried very hard to keep those allegations about sex clubs and such out of the public, citing concerns about their children. They felt the charges and counter-charges they made against each other back during the divorce weren't really a matter for everyone to know. Unfortunately, even though the Ryan's divorce papaers were sealed by court order, those unproven allegations became a target when Jack Ryan tried to make a US Senate run to succed retiring Illinois Republican Senator Peter Fitzgerald.

Republican Jack Ryan's Democrat opponent for the US Senate seat? Chicago activist and State Senator Barack Obama, whose campaign was lead by strategist David Axelrod.

Despite stenuous opposition from both Jeri Ryan and Jack Ryan, a California court ordered the divorce records unsealed so reporters could look at those allegations.

Given the media frenzy around sex club allegations and a Hollywood beauty, the former 1989 Miss Illinois and Seven-of-Nine Jeri Ryan, Ryan's campaign was stunned by the insatiable press interest in the titillating allegations. As I recall, Jeri even made some press appearances with her ex-husband to show her support, but their effort to dampen the tabloid-like media excitement didn't work.

Jack Ryan dropped out of the race soon after.

Chicago politics: it's a blood sport.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #807
efilippi

Obama was indeed star struck. Right place, right time.
efilippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:17 AM   #808
Robbzpc

Newbie feedback

Hi,

I hope you don't mind feedback from a newbie. A buddy of mine mentioned this thread in passing so I thought I'd join the fray. Aside from the periodic detours on a specific show or Kathy Griffin, which I don't want to revisit, there was a mention of limited hottie talent in the plus 40 category. I'd argue this as there isn't a *lack* of 40+ plus hotties but rather so few on currently popular shows watched by the majority. For example, Diane Lane (48) is a uber hottie but not on TV. Ditto Elizabeth Berkley (40). IMO, both get better looking with age.

An interesting subject-related link is currently found on IMDb.

That said, I think you're missing a few within the parameters mentioned.
As I understand the rules, she:
- Must be over 40
- Must be in the cast of a current TV show (or recently left)
- Any group of images posted to support your point must include a photo of the actress (post age 40 and relatively recent).

For example,
- No one has mentioned Heidi Klum. If you post Padma, Heidi can't be ignored. (no photo needed as she's plastered all over web, right?)
- No one has mentioned Telenovela or daytime soap. Plenty of hotties there.

But here are a few others that IMO should fall into same recognition as some names previously mentioned. While I realize that my listing models in TV roles may not be fair to the actresses, but what's fair got to do with it?
  • Bridget Moynahan - 41 soon to be 42 (Currently on Blue Bloods. Aside from her roles on Sex in the City as Big's Wife "Natasha", Coyote Ugly and I,Robot, she's also a model and probably best known as Tom Brady's baby mama. That in itself confirms her hottie factor.)
  • Carrie-Anne Moss - 45 (Currently on Vegas. She's probably best known as "Trinity" in the Matrix movies.)
  • Aisha Tyler - 42 (Former model currently on The Talk and does voice-over on the animated series, "Archer". She's probably best known previously on Talk Soup, The Ghost Whisperer or as Ross' girlfriend on Friends.)
  • Holly Robinson-Peete - 48 (Recently left The Talk, ironically replaced by aforementioned Aisha Tyler. However, Holly is currently seen on a TV commercial for Nestle Instant Breakfast and has a recurring role on Mike and Molly. She's probably best known for her role on TV series "21 Jump Street" but that was a LONG time ago and she's still hot!!! -- It's hard to believe she's that old.)
  • Constance Marie - 47 (Currently on Switched at Birth. She's probably best known as George Lopez' wife on the George Lopez Show)
    ...and to circumvent the whole Lucy Liu debate, I'll offer up Ming-Na Wen who turns 50 this year. (ER/Eureka/2 & Half Men/Stargate/etc.)

Honorable Mentions
  • Mary McCormack - 44 (In Plain Sight which just ended its series run and The West Wing. She's plays the plain-jane type but in real life she's HOT!!!)
  • ...FWIW, talking head Soledad O'Brien (CNN) is 46 and she's a smoking hot GND cougar hottie. IMO, way hotter than Katie Couric.

My contributions for the soon to be 40 list . . .
  • Tricia Helfer of BSG fame turns 39 next month.
  • Poppy Montgomery -38 (Currently on Unforgettable, previously Without A Trace)
  • Marsha Thomason - 37 (Currently on White Collar, previously on Las Vegas)
Upon attempting to post, I just realized that as a newbie, I'm unable to post the images and the link to the IMDb discussion.
Sorry but you'll have to look them up.

---
Final Thought: As an aside, I had no idea Pauly Perrette was 44. They're definitely playing Abby younger than real. It was cute for the first 5 seasons but it's beginning to get a little old, especially at her age. The thought of greying pigtails is not "Pretty in Goth". OTOH, if Abby figured out that she's getting a little long in the Goth tooth, I'd imagine that a style make-over session with Ziva David might turn out to be a very interesting change in viewpoint.

Again I hope you don't mind a newbie's rambling. I'll stop here.
Robbzpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #809
scole250

May be bending the rules, but this was Raquel Welch at 41.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg raquel.jpg (35.5 KB, 833 views)
Old 03-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #810
MikeCC
TiVotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbzpc View Post
Hi,

I hope you don't mind feedback from a newbie. A buddy of mine mentioned this thread in passing so I thought I'd join the fray.
[snip]
Again I hope you don't mind a newbie's rambling. I'll stop here.
Enjoyed your post... a lot. Some nice choices there. (Plus, I appreciate the formatting: you made your post easy to read with bullet points, italics, and bolding. Oh, and not a typo, either! )