Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #1201
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPGiants View Post
I hate to be "that guy" in this thread again, but...

The tuning adapter had been working pretty well all summer. But now over the last few weeks, I have issues recording pretty much every switched channel. The behavior is basically always:
* Tivo attempts to tune
* Tivo records black
* Tivo later reports "video signal was unavailable"

If you catch it while it's doing this and stop the recording, Tivo re-tunes the channel and it works fine. Recording at that point works without a problem. It also never fails just browsing channels, only when it's doing a timed record that requires an automatic tune.

It still seems to me as if Tivo does something "different" when it's auto-tuning versus when the person is watching.
You're experiencing worse-than-usual SDV tuning problems. Typically they also cause missed recordings. Some of us have been yelling for TiVo to program in tuning retries to combat this for years now but nothing every happens. I suppose their position may be the problem is on the Tuning Adapter side. I've noticed these problems tend to be worse on just some specific channels, which does suggest it may not be TiVo's problem. But they could (easily ??) fix it with tuning retries.

What are your OOB signal levels --- in tuning adapter diagnostics, the FDC and RDC dbmv values? These are the signals used to communicate SDV tuning messages to/from the cable plant and they could be a problem if out of spec.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #1202
RTPGiants

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
You're experiencing worse-than-usual SDV tuning problems. Typically they also cause missed recordings. Some of us have been yelling for TiVo to program in tuning retries to combat this for years now but nothing every happens. I suppose their position may be the problem is on the Tuning Adapter side. I've noticed these problems tend to be worse on just some specific channels, which does suggest it may not be TiVo's problem. But they could (easily ??) fix it with tuning retries.

What are your OOB signal levels --- in tuning adapter diagnostics, the FDC and RDC dbmv values? These are the signals used to communicate SDV tuning messages to/from the cable plant and they could be a problem if out of spec.
I don't have FDC/RDC values in front of me at the moment, but in the past they've been in good range. I do agree it happens more on specific channels (SyFy, FX, AMC, Disc), but again those work fine in a manual tune, so I'm pretty sure the setup is fine in general.
RTPGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #1203
cwoody222

Quote:
I hate to be "that guy" in this thread again, but...

The tuning adapter had been working pretty well all summer. But now over the last few weeks, I have issues recording pretty much every switched channel. The behavior is basically always:
* Tivo attempts to tune
* Tivo records black
* Tivo later reports "video signal was unavailable"

If you catch it while it's doing this and stop the recording, Tivo re-tunes the channel and it works fine. Recording at that point works without a problem. It also never fails just browsing channels, only when it's doing a timed record that requires an automatic tune.

It still seems to me as if Tivo does something "different" when it's auto-tuning versus when the person is watching.
I see this from time to time also. I'll go weeks with everything working flawlessly then I get hiccups.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #1204
RTPGiants

As a followup, eventually all tuning failed. Power cycled the TA and all was good. Then the other night it just spontaneously rebooted on its own late at night and flashed for a while. Since then it's been fine including auto-tunes.

I wonder if it just needs to be reset from time to time?
RTPGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #1205
SCSIRAID

Quote:
As a followup, eventually all tuning failed. Power cycled the TA and all was good. Then the other night it just spontaneously rebooted on its own late at night and flashed for a while. Since then it's been fine including auto-tunes.

I wonder if it just needs to be reset from time to time?
You should have gotten new TA firmware a couple days ago. That is probably what the reboot was. You should now have .1501
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #1206
Pilot20

Lost 2 Channels

Hey folks, perhaps someone can provide some advice.

I've had my Tivo3 for 4 years. 1-1/2 years ago, my cable company (TWC) went SDV and I had to get a tuning adapter. What a nightmare it has been.

It took forever for TWC to get the TA working, but once it was up and running, it worked perfectly for a year.

Then I started having major problems losing channels. After many truck rolls and countless phone calls, it was determined that the TA was bad and needed to be replaced.

Once replaced, about a month ago, it worked great again until last week.

During my last episode, TWC replaced all the outside cables, installed a new amp and splitter, replaced several cable connectors, etc. in a effort to find the problem. None of these changes made any difference in signal levels or SNR readings.

Last week, I noticed that I have two SDV channels (1208 and 1209) that won't tune, and I get the "this channel is temporarily unavailable" message.

So, here we go again. A tech spent 4 hours here yesterday. He ran a jumper cable directly from the outside box to the TA. He checked the levels at the pole, at the outside box and in the attic. He made numerous calls to support. He brought in a TWC HD box and it tuned the two missing channels fine.

He left and said he turned the problem over to maintenance.

Maintenance showed up several hours later and did basically all the same things, and they gave up.

I called the TWC Nat'l Service Desk, and after admonishing me for calling them directly, they ran diagnostics and said that the TA was working fine, and that it must be an issue with the local head-end.

I have noticed that the Tivo signal levels are much lower for SDV channels than for non-SDV channels. My non-SDV's are in the 85 to 90 range and the SDV's are in the 65 to 75 range. Maybe that is normal, but I don't remember seeing that much difference before.

Anyway, I still don't receive those two channels, HGTV and Food Net. Strange that they are consecutive channel numbers (1208 & 1209). When tuned to those channels, the TIVO diagnostics have no levels of any kind. Just like the cable was disconnected.

Other than those missing channels, everything else seems to be working fine.

Anyone have any recommendations? TWC seems to be clueless at this point.

Thanks.
Pilot20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #1207
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot20 View Post
Hey folks, perhaps someone can provide some advice.

I've had my Tivo3 for 4 years. 1-1/2 years ago, my cable company (TWC) went SDV and I had to get a tuning adapter. What a nightmare it has been.

It took forever for TWC to get the TA working, but once it was up and running, it worked perfectly for a year.

Then I started having major problems losing channels. After many truck rolls and countless phone calls, it was determined that the TA was bad and needed to be replaced.

Once replaced, about a month ago, it worked great again until last week.

During my last episode, TWC replaced all the outside cables, installed a new amp and splitter, replaced several cable connectors, etc. in a effort to find the problem. None of these changes made any difference in signal levels or SNR readings.

Last week, I noticed that I have two SDV channels (1208 and 1209) that won't tune, and I get the "this channel is temporarily unavailable" message.

So, here we go again. A tech spent 4 hours here yesterday. He ran a jumper cable directly from the outside box to the TA. He checked the levels at the pole, at the outside box and in the attic. He made numerous calls to support. He brought in a TWC HD box and it tuned the two missing channels fine.

He left and said he turned the problem over to maintenance.

Maintenance showed up several hours later and did basically all the same things, and they gave up.

I called the TWC Nat'l Service Desk, and after admonishing me for calling them directly, they ran diagnostics and said that the TA was working fine, and that it must be an issue with the local head-end.

I have noticed that the Tivo signal levels are much lower for SDV channels than for non-SDV channels. My non-SDV's are in the 85 to 90 range and the SDV's are in the 65 to 75 range. Maybe that is normal, but I don't remember seeing that much difference before.

Anyway, I still don't receive those two channels, HGTV and Food Net. Strange that they are consecutive channel numbers (1208 & 1209). When tuned to those channels, the TIVO diagnostics have no levels of any kind. Just like the cable was disconnected.

Other than those missing channels, everything else seems to be working fine.

Anyone have any recommendations? TWC seems to be clueless at this point.

Thanks.
Do you get a message on the screen when you attempt to tune those channels?

Suggest that you set one tuner on 1208 and hit live tv and set the second tuner on 1209... Then go into DVR Diags and note the frequency and PID for each tuner. Then go into TA Diags and go to the sessions info and insure that you have two sessions active for the same frequencies. Cant recall offhand whether the PID's are listed in TA.

The TA sessions and the TiVo should indicate the same frequencies (and PIDs if TA shows PIDs). If they dont, the Cablecard channel map is probably screwed up at the headend.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #1208
Pilot20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSIRAID View Post
Do you get a message on the screen when you attempt to tune those channels?

Suggest that you set one tuner on 1208 and hit live tv and set the second tuner on 1209... Then go into DVR Diags and note the frequency and PID for each tuner. Then go into TA Diags and go to the sessions info and insure that you have two sessions active for the same frequencies. Cant recall offhand whether the PID's are listed in TA.

The TA sessions and the TiVo should indicate the same frequencies (and PIDs if TA shows PIDs). If they dont, the Cablecard channel map is probably screwed up at the headend.
I get the "this channel is temporarily unavailable" message.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tuned to the channels, one on each tuner, but didn't didn't do as you suggest. I will try that.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #1209
Pilot20

Quote:
I get the "this channel is temporarily unavailable" message.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tuned to the channels, one on each tuner, but didn't didn't do as you suggest. I will try that.
Here is what diagnostics indicates...

Tuner 0

Channel 1209

Freq. -

Modulation - Analog

Cable Card Assoc. - None

Signal Lock - NO

Program Lock - NO

Resolution Status - Channel Not Available

Tuner 1

Same as above except tuned to 1208.

The TA is showing no EMMs when tuned to any channel. I had EMMs yesterday but TWC was sending hits.

Also, signal levels are fluctuating between 68 - 75, and SNR is fluctuating between 28 and 33. Lots of fluctuation going on for SDV channels.

I'm getting the same signal strength bounce on the Tivo screen, but the SNR holds steady at 33.

The lack of any EMMs make me think the TA is bad...again. If the TA is bad, perhaps the signal and SNR levels are not reliable.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #1210
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Here is what diagnostics indicates...

Tuner 0

Channel 1209

Freq. -

Modulation - Analog

Cable Card Assoc. - None

Signal Lock - NO

Program Lock - NO

Resolution Status - Channel Not Available

Tuner 1

Same as above except tuned to 1208.

The TA is showing no EMMs when tuned to any channel. I had EMMs yesterday but TWC was sending hits.

Also, signal levels are fluctuating between 68 - 75, and SNR is fluctuating between 28 and 33. Lots of fluctuation going on for SDV channels.

I'm getting the same signal strength bounce on the Tivo screen, but the SNR holds steady at 33.

The lack of any EMMs make me think the TA is bad...again. If the TA is bad, perhaps the signal and SNR levels are not reliable.
Something very strange here. Note the modulation type as 'analog'... and no 'frequency'. That is very odd.

1) Do you get an on screen message when you tune either of the two channels? EDIT: I see your other post now... The answer to #2 and #3 will have significant bearing on my next questions..

2) Do you have any other SDV channels that are working?

3) Down at the very bottom of the DVR Diags page there are a couple entries relative to TA and channel map... what do they indicate? 'Channel Map Received'? 'Ready'?
Old 10-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #1211
Pilot20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSIRAID View Post
Something very strange here. Note the modulation type as 'analog'... and no 'frequency'. That is very odd.

1) Do you get an on screen message when you tune either of the two channels? EDIT: I see your other post now... The answer to #2 and #3 will have significant bearing on my next questions..

2) Do you have any other SDV channels that are working?

3) Down at the very bottom of the DVR Diags page there are a couple entries relative to TA and channel map... what do they indicate? 'Channel Map Received'? 'Ready'?

I just discovered that I'm also not receiving The Comedy Channel - HD, channel number 1452. All other SDV channels (at least the ones that I have in my favorites) are working. There may be others that are not working, but I don't watch those anyway...hence not having them in the favorites.

When tuned to 1452, the diagnostic screens (posted previously) are the same as the other channels that don't tune.

Channel Map Received is "YES".

I also just noticed that when an SDV channel has "timed out", and the "Channel Temperarily Unavailable" message is on, the DVR diagnostics are the same as on the channels that won't tune. However, on this timed-out channel, when I pressed "select", it reactivated. The channels that won't tune do not re-activate.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #1212
SCSIRAID

Quote:
I just discovered that I'm also not receiving The Comedy Channel - HD, channel number 1452. All other SDV channels (at least the ones that I have in my favorites) are working. There may be others that are not working, but I don't watch those anyway...hence not having them in the favorites.

When tuned to 1452, the diagnostic screens (posted previously) are the same as the other channels that don't tune.

Channel Map Received is "YES".

I also just noticed that when an SDV channel has "timed out", and the "Channel Temperarily Unavailable" message is on, the DVR diagnostics are the same as on the channels that won't tune. However, on this timed-out channel, when I pressed "select", it reactivated. The channels that won't tune do not re-activate.

Thanks again for your help.
Well, My bet is that the cableco has a setup problem in their system for those 3 channels.

Are you certain that those 3 channels are SDV? You could try unplugging the USB between the TA and the TiVo and try tuning them again... The 3 is a suspicious number as TWC typically puts 3 HD's on a linear QAM.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #1213
dlfl
Cranky old novice

TWC SW Ohio pushed TA software version .1501 to my TA aroung midnight last night. After the message disappeared and the TA stopped blinking, I was missing some of my SDV channels, although DVR diagnostics said all was OK (e.g., had channel map). Had to reboot the TiVo, reboot the TA and cycle the USB connection before getting all channels back. Another half hour of my time wasted on this not-ready-for-primetime system.

Can't see where .1501 improved anything. Still having frequent SDV tuning failures. Of course they will never tell us what it was supposed to improve.

Digital cable may give us more channels and HD (and higher costs) but it sure doesn't give the reliability of analog cable. This applies to internet video too, what with rebuffering pauses and other problems it has including relatively limited content. This is a puzzling trend since digital versions of other types of products generally give higher reliability in addition to other benefits.

and
Old 11-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #1214
HTH
No Avatar Selected

I missed two days of programming due to the TA recently. I didn't get anything that was going to record on the first tuner (single-channel CableCard) but shows that were in conflict did record on the second (a multi-channel CableCard because the installer was out of singles and had already paired the first). Instead of restarting the TA, I rebooted the TiVo and that got it working again.

It had been 20 days since my last tuning adapter failure.

I think TiVo could address it by issuing a reset to a troubled tuner/card and I'm going to look into getting my TiVo's cards reconfigured.

Hardware is a TiVo HD. My TiVo Series3 is out of order.

▘▘▀▌▌▘▀▘▌▘▀▘▙▌▐▖▙▘▙▌▌▘▙▘▙▘▟▘
▛▌▛▌▛▌▙▌▛▌▟▖▌▘▛▌▞▌▌▘▌▖▞▌▞▌▟▘

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.
HTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:56 AM   #1215
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTH View Post
It had been 20 days since my last tuning adapter failure.
It was 4 days since my last tuning adapter failure (2 days of up-time) when it failed again last night. So much for thinking I could schedule a weekly preemptive restart.

Missed Community, Bones, The Daily Show, and The Colbert Report. The last two I'm recording at 5 and 5:30 PM CT. Bones shows a repeat on TNTHD November 15. Second-tuner shows The Big Bang Theory and Person of Interest recorded. So did The Mentalist, so apparently it reused the second tuner for it without a conflict forcing it due to it already being tuned to the channel.

Also missed was The Office. Or rather, my attempt to record it off of my cable box over Firewire failed (my patched AVCVideoCap). Whatever tripped up the TA also reset the one cable box I retained for that use. Thankfully I had an analog TiVo recording it too.

I'll likely have to skip eating lunch today so I can get home early and babysit the cable system (and set up a safety SD recording of Grimm). I need to get a Twitter account and start tweeting these failures out to the world, maybe shame TWC into doing something about it, get the networks pressuring them, making sure they get our eyeballs seeing their customers' ads rather than us seeking alternative ad-free feeds or giving up television entirely. #cablefail

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #1216
cwoody222

Local networks are not allowed to be on SDV. So something else must have failed to make you miss Community, Office, Bones, etc.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #1217
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoody222 View Post
Local networks are not allowed to be on SDV. So something else must have failed to make you miss Community, Office, Bones, etc.
When I get a failure, nothing will record on that tuner until it is reset. I only get failures when the TA is in the loop. (The old SciAtl cable box has had its own problems ever since the beta test of mystro.)

When I was running two TiVos, the one without the TA would continue to be able to record non-SDV channels whereas the one with the TA would fail to record everything. In that setup, the TA-using TiVo had two single-tuner CCs. Now that one is incapacitated (failing HDD) and the TA-using TiVo has one single-tuner and one multi-tuning CC. The multi-tuning card survives.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:27 PM   #1218
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
When I get a failure, nothing will record on that tuner until it is reset. I only get failures when the TA is in the loop. (The old SciAtl cable box has had its own problems ever since the beta test of mystro.)

When I was running two TiVos, the one without the TA would continue to be able to record non-SDV channels whereas the one with the TA would fail to record everything. In that setup, the TA-using TiVo had two single-tuner CCs. Now that one is incapacitated (failing HDD) and the TA-using TiVo has one single-tuner and one multi-tuning CC. The multi-tuning card survives.
I would be tempted to run your TiVo HD on just the one m-card, just to simplify things. You should be able to make this change without a truck roll using self-install. I believe you would have to put the m-card in the first slot to do this. I don't know why your current configuration shouldn't work but .....

and
Old 11-09-2011, 07:13 AM   #1219
NCTony5905

Disney Channel HD 1200

So reading thru this I am not the only one not loving the TWC tuning adapters...

I also have had many truck rolls, 4 in the last 2 weeks. Here is my issue and it's just weird. I have a Premier downstairs and a Series3 up. TA's on both, and the S3 is now working just fine all the channels come in (used to have pixilation issues), but on the Premier I loose channels, but mainly in the 1200-1290 range, and almost always DisneyHD on 1200, always getting the channel not available message. They have replaced the TA, the Cablecard, rechecked cables, etc. Two visits ago the tech found some issues with the signal. Since he fixed that, the S3 has been solid, as was the Premier till I had to power cycle it because of work I was doing in that room. Since then I can't get 1200, all other channels work. Any ideas??
NCTony5905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:03 AM   #1220
pmiranda

Is Disney 1200 an SDV channel on your cable system?
For a while I had a notch in some frequencies that caused specific non-SDV and random SDV channels to fail. Other channels came in perfectly. That was entirely a signal path issue from the side of the house into my TiVo, unrelated to the TA.

If you're running the cable in to TiVo through the amp in the TA, one way to eliminate a source of failure (or at least move it), is to use a splitter to provide cable in to the TiVo separately from the cable to the TA. The TA provides nothing to TiVo via the coax cable...all communication is through USB. The cable out of the TA is just there as a convenience. Of course if your signal strength is marginal, then the splitter will make it worse, but then you should be fixing the signal strength issue anyway.
pmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #1221
NCTony5905

Yes I believe it is a SDV channel, so again today after my last post, turned on the tv to find multiple channels between 1200-1300 not working, I just get "this channel is temporally unavailable" When I go into dvr diagnostic screen, tuner 0 which is on 1200, shows no signal strength, but tuner 1 on 1174 (PBS which works fine) I have 87 for my signal strength. The fact I am gaining an loosing channels makes me think its not a physical or signal issue..maybe I am wrong?
Old 11-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #1222
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTony5905 View Post
Yes I believe it is a SDV channel, so again today after my last post, turned on the tv to find multiple channels between 1200-1300 not working, I just get "this channel is temporally unavailable" When I go into dvr diagnostic screen, tuner 0 which is on 1200, shows no signal strength, but tuner 1 on 1174 (PBS which works fine) I have 87 for my signal strength. The fact I am gaining an loosing channels makes me think its not a physical or signal issue..maybe I am wrong?
Yes, that sounds like a cablecard or TA issue. Where in NC are you? Have you power cycled the TiVo and TA?

Other SDV channels work ok... right? The issue is that only 'some' dont work.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:53 PM   #1223
NCTony5905

Well maybe I'll be eating my words from earlier, not sure why I hadn't tired this already.. I brought the S3 from upstairs (the one that works fine) and plugged it into the TA downstairs the Premier was using, exact same issues with the same channels. Took it back up stairs, all channels come in crystal clear. I guess it possible that I got to bad TAs downstairs in a row, but am starting to think maybe there is some weird issue in the cable between where the TWC box is on the outside of my house and my TA...Weird that with the 6 techs that have been here they didn't pick up on that with all the test gear.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #1224
NCTony5905

Oh and sorry yes, cycled the TA and Tivo, I am in Concord, NC, and yes only some channels come and go, always 1200 and 1202, disney hd and disney XD
Old 11-09-2011, 11:24 PM   #1225
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
I would be tempted to run your TiVo HD on just the one m-card, just to simplify things. You should be able to make this change without a truck roll using self-install. I believe you would have to put the m-card in the first slot to do this. I don't know why your current configuration shouldn't work but .....
Well, since it went out again tonight between 5:30 and 8:00 (X-Play recorded, Criminal Minds and South Park did not), I decided to try swapping the cards between the slots while it was powered off. It told me I'd have to call to start service on it. So I switched them back. It still tells me I'd have to call to start service. Both cards. Too late in the evening to do so though. So I'll miss The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, the repeat of South Park, and a Primeval rerun tonight. Broadcast channels still tune.

Criminal Minds "There's No Place Like Home" got this error [sic]:
Quote:
This program was not recorded because either the TiVo HD DVR is not authorized for this channel, the program was not purchased, or the program was not available in your area.
South Park "A History Channel Thanksgiving" got this error:
Quote:
This program was not recorded because the video signal was unavailable.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:23 AM   #1226
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
........I decided to try swapping the cards between the slots while it was powered off. It told me I'd have to call to start service on it. So I switched them back. It still tells me I'd have to call to start service. Both cards. .........:
Yes, "self install" does involve making a call. The two best numbers for this AFAIK are:
866.606.5889 and 866.532.2598
These are national numbers. Your local TWC may have given you a different one. It's your choice.

Still think you should try just the m-card.

BTW, IIRC the "first slot" (where I think the m-card must go) is actually the right-most slot on the THD. (Not exactly intuitive.)

and
Old 11-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #1227
HTH
No Avatar Selected

I may have been mistaken about the card in slot 2 being an m-card. It looks identical to the s-card and was identified as single-stream by the TiVo when installed in slot 1. The TiVo just doesn't identify what kind of card is in slot 2.

I may need a roll-out anyway. TWC in Lincoln has never allowed self-installs of cable cards and I may need additional diagnostics performed.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #1228
dlfl
Cranky old novice

A new FCC ruling requiring them to allow self-installs went into effect in early August and I get the impression from posts here that most TWC systems have complied. There is some fine print however. I think one way they can avoid it is if they require truck rolls to install their STB's.

and
Old 11-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #1229
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Turned out their automated system can be used to reauth cards. But these aren't taking it. Got a technician on the phone for over 30 minutes repeatedly trying to reauth the card (should only require 5 minutes) and it still reports "Auth Status:Waiting for CP Auth" on both cards. Also, "RF IP addr:None yet..." for both.

I've scheduled a roll-out for tomorrow morning. Gonna have to record TDS and TCR in analog upstairs

Old 11-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #1230
unitron

Quote:
Well, since it went out again tonight between 5:30 and 8:00 (X-Play recorded, Criminal Minds and South Park did not), I decided to try swapping the cards between the slots while it was powered off. It told me I'd have to call to start service on it. So I switched them back. It still tells me I'd have to call to start service. Both cards. Too late in the evening to do so though. So I'll miss The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, the repeat of South Park, and a Primeval rerun tonight. Broadcast channels still tune.

Criminal Minds "There's No Place Like Home" got this error [sic]:

South Park "A History Channel Thanksgiving" got this error:
Re: Criminal Minds.

Were you trying to record the cable carried signal from the over the air CBS broadcast affiliate in your area, which Google says Wikipedia says is KOLN (which would make your TV a kolonoscope)?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote