TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-08-2009, 03:57 PM   #91
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrt6676 View Post
Here I go again. Today just like yesterday TivoHD reboots while recording a program while watching a recorded program. Comes back up I start watching where I Left off. 5min later THD reboots again. Very frustrating. TA issue or THD issue??
Are you sure its the THD rebooting... (is it going back thru the into video with all the clips from CSI, Teletubbies etc)... or could it be the TA rebooting?? What you are describing fits the TA reboot issue... you see a Tuning Adapter Detected screen (TA led flashing 6 blink code) and 3-5 minutes later you see it happen again (TA led goes solid on).
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:57 PM   #92
eliminator

I'm in WNY/Amherst. I got a tuning adapter a couple days ago. Got it all hooked up. I'm having issues tuning SDV channels randomly. CNNHD, for example, works fine on minute but I can't tune to it the next. All SDV channels seem to be working at some time or another. I don't think its a signal strength problem. TWC says some other people have reported this issue and it is a problem with the Cisco firmware. Is anyone here having this problem?
eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #93
dolfer
Myles Standish Proud

Since I disconnected my TA I don't know the answer to this. But what version of firmware does everyone have???? If you have been upgraded, can you please post the prior version and the new version numbers?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sony SXRD 60A2020 | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Tivo HD | LG BD570 | Toshiba HD-A3 | Wii | Xbox 360
dolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #94
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfer View Post
Since I disconnected my TA I don't know the answer to this. But what version of firmware does everyone have???? If you have been upgraded, can you please post the prior version and the new version numbers?
This is the version that seems to have fixed the reboot issue. Got it Wed 3/4.

SOFTWARE VERSIONS
PTV OS: Explorer1kg6 NGP OS
FLASH: STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.0801
App(s): SARA v1.61.36.1
Old 03-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #95
dolfer
Myles Standish Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSIRAID View Post

SOFTWARE VERSIONS

Thanks SCSI!

Can anyone using Time Warner Cincinnati check their version and report back?

Sony SXRD 60A2020 | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Tivo HD | LG BD570 | Toshiba HD-A3 | Wii | Xbox 360
Old 03-09-2009, 03:16 PM   #96
bferrell
Now in HD!

I'll try to tonight.
bferrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #97
bferrell
Now in HD!

BTW, I have a pair of S3's, and I get the "this channel unavailable" from time-to-time, but no "t/a detected" and haven't seemed to miss any recordings, though neither seems to be recording suggestions, but that's an oft-complained about temporary glitch.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #98
bferrell
Now in HD!

SOFTWARE VERSIONS
FLASH: STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.0701
App(s): SARA v1.61.32.1
Old 03-09-2009, 07:59 PM   #99
eliminator

I'm having problems tuning SVD channels randomly. Still on the old firmware in Buffalo, NY.

Tivo TA firmware number STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.0701
SARA v1.61.32.1
eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:12 PM   #100
dolfer
Myles Standish Proud

thanks guys for posting your firmware versions... Looks like we need 0801 like SCSIRaid has in Apex, NC!

Old 03-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #101
bobrt6676

Quote:
Are you sure its the THD rebooting... (is it going back thru the into video with all the clips from CSI, Teletubbies etc)... or could it be the TA rebooting?? What you are describing fits the TA reboot issue... you see a Tuning Adapter Detected screen (TA led flashing 6 blink code) and 3-5 minutes later you see it happen again (TA led goes solid on).
Yes definitly the THD rebooting going through the almost there to the intro video clips. It happened tonight for the third straight night. All three nights, a total of 6 reboots, I was watching a recorded show while recording a show. So, I have decided to unplug the TA for now to see if the THD reboots on its own.

1 hour after unplugging the TA, my THD has again rebooted while watching a recorded show and recording another show. I guess this proves the TA is not the problem. On to a different thread I guess.

Last edited by bobrt6676 : 03-09-2009 at 10:13 PM. Reason: update
bobrt6676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #102
Xunaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfer View Post
thanks guys for posting your firmware versions... Looks like we need 0801 like SCSIRaid has in Apex, NC!

I have a few questions for anyone on .801, Has this issue fixed the reboot for you?

Also has it been able to address the problem with **Black** not grey screens when tuning to some channels; It would be a very specific issue those of you experiencing it will know what I'm talking about.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.
Xunaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #103
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xunaka View Post
I have a few questions for anyone on .801, Has this issue fixed the reboot for you?

Also has it been able to address the problem with **Black** not grey screens when tuning to some channels; It would be a very specific issue those of you experiencing it will know what I'm talking about.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.
It has fixed the reboot issue for me. My 2 TA's rebooted on 3/4 when .0801 was deployed and havent rebooted since.

As to the black screen... Ive only seen that once and that was a couple weeks ago with the earlier FW (not sure what version it was... 0701 perhaps). When it happened TiVo reported Signal Lock - yes, Program Lock - no and was on an expected SDV QAM frequency.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:39 PM   #104
Jcarrme

I'm a TWC customer in Maine and just got a TA. It is rebooting about every 2 hours. How does one get the TA update?

Last edited by Jcarrme : 03-10-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Jcarrme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #105
Jcarrme

Quote:

SOFTWARE VERSIONS
How did you get it? Was it downloaded by the Cable Company?

Were these not tested before they were given out to everyone?

Sounds like the ball was dropped somewhere...
Old 03-10-2009, 08:18 PM   #106
crazywater
USS TiVo NCC-1780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcarrme View Post
How did you get it? Was it downloaded by the Cable Company?

Were these not tested before they were given out to everyone?
I would imagine TWC or Cisco will push the new firmware to all TAs that are on .0701. You said you are in Maine and its rebooting ever 2 hours? Did you mean 2 days?

HR20-700
HR22-100
HR24-500
Pioneer DVR-810H
Sony SVR-3000 235hr
crazywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #107
Jcarrme

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywater View Post
I would imagine TWC or Cisco will push the new firmware to all TAs that are on .0701. You said you are in Maine and its rebooting ever 2 hours? Did you mean 2 days?

no, now it's every hour...
Old 03-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #108
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Do you have another USB cable you could try? When it reboots are you getting the 'Tuning Adapter Connected' screen or is something else telling you its rebooting?
Old 03-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #109
Jcarrme

Quote:

I just spoke with Time Warner Cable here in Maine. They have said an update is coming soon, but they don't know when -- maybe next week.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #110
s2krazy

My Cableguy was here yesterday and back again today. Unfortunately no joy! He'll be back tomorrow with the super secret decoder ring and the number for tech support at Cisco. I want to point out that the technician has been great. I do not believe that any of the problems are related to his ability or willingness to try things. Oceanic in Honolulu

Channels that I'm not receiving:

1108 Fox Business Network HD
1116 CNBC HD
1210 HD Versus
1226 Fox Sports Net West High Definition
1323 Home & Garden Television High Definition
1325 Travel Channel High Definition
1329 Animal Planet High Definition
1331 TLC High Definition
1337 The Science Channel High Definition
1449 LMN HD
1455 USA HD
1554 FX HD
1557 Sci Fi HD
1605 Universal High Definition

Last edited by s2krazy : 03-10-2009 at 09:58 PM.
s2krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:22 AM   #111
George Cifranci
Viva La Tivo!

In my TA I have...

SOFTWARE VERSIONS
FLASH: STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.0701
App(s): SARA v1.61.32.1

My TA has never rebooted since I got it on March 3rd. But twice I noticed that I was getting the black screen (or blank channel). Today I noticed the TiVo was recording a show on SpeedTVHD and when I changed to that tuner the screen was blank (black). I stopped the recording, tuned away from the channel and came back and the channel was working fine.

TiVo S3 - (12-20-06) 318HR HD (2TB)
TiVo S2 - (06-16-04) 329HR SD (retired)
TiVo S1 - (10-03-01) 60HR SD (retired)
TV: Sony SXRD R60XBR1 HDTV
George Cifranci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:51 AM   #112
Jcarrme

Quote:
Do you have another USB cable you could try? When it reboots are you getting the 'Tuning Adapter Connected' screen or is something else telling you its rebooting?
I don't have another USB cable. When it reboots, I am getting that screen.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #113
SCSIRAID

Quote:
I don't have another USB cable. When it reboots, I am getting that screen.
Ok... you could go into TA Diags.. .hit select twice and look at the BOOT time near the bottom of the page. Is the boot time changing every time this occurs? If it is... that would confirm that the TA is actually rebooting. If it isnt... then I would suspect the USB cable. You might try reseating the USB cable several times.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #114
realityboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityboy View Post
I have a series 3 and haven't had the reboot issue with the TA. I haven't seen anyone else mention the issue of the Tivo not recognizing the TA after the Tivo reboots. Has no one had this problem? It's not as bad as the other problem, but it's going to be a problem for me if the power goes out at all.
My S3 Tivo never recognized the Tuning Adapter after rebooting until today when I switched the USB slots and put the TA on top and the wireless adapter on bottom so now I'm not having any problems with my TA at all. Hopefully all the other issues will be dealt with soon.

I'm still not receiving suggestions, but this is obviously a Tivo issue and not a TA issue. I can tune all of the channels.
realityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #115
Jcarrme

Quote:
Ok... you could go into TA Diags.. .hit select twice and look at the BOOT time near the bottom of the page. Is the boot time changing every time this occurs? If it is... that would confirm that the TA is actually rebooting. If it isnt... then I would suspect the USB cable. You might try reseating the USB cable several times.

yes the time of reboot is changing every time it occurs
Old 03-11-2009, 06:45 PM   #116
Jcarrme

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityboy View Post
My S3 Tivo never recognized the Tuning Adapter after rebooting until today when I switched the USB slots and put the TA on top and the wireless adapter on bottom so now I'm not having any problems with my TA at all. Hopefully all the other issues will be dealt with soon.

I'm still not receiving suggestions, but this is obviously a Tivo issue and not a TA issue. I can tune all of the channels.
I tried switching USB slots and still rebooting...(sigh)
Old 03-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #117
SCSIRAID

Quote:
I tried switching USB slots and still rebooting...(sigh)
I think I would ask them to give you a new TA... or perhaps push you .801 firmware and see if that helps.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #118
jackmbernstein

Tuning adapter - USB

I have an issue where I am/was not getting two HD public TV groups encomposing ~20 channels AND Sundance. Everything else was fine. Time-Warner was clueless except for a hint to pull the USB and reboot the TA. This got me back reception, albeit poor, on the public TV group. I played some more and this problem is reproduced by adjusting/ touching the USB connection to the TA. The connection is loose and minimal motions to it knock out all stations or the selective group I mentioned. I plan on turning the TA in for another and making sure that the connection is solid.

Anyone else experience this?
jackmbernstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:52 PM   #119
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmbernstein View Post
I have an issue where I am/was not getting two HD public TV groups encomposing ~20 channels AND Sundance. Everything else was fine. Time-Warner was clueless except for a hint to pull the USB and reboot the TA. This got me back reception, albeit poor, on the public TV group. I played some more and this problem is reproduced by adjusting/ touching the USB connection to the TA. The connection is loose and minimal motions to it knock out all stations or the selective group I mentioned. I plan on turning the TA in for another and making sure that the connection is solid.

Anyone else experience this?
Is it possible that while you are messing with the USB cable you are also moving the coax cable around? Many have had issues with the el-cheepo coax cable provided with the ta. You might want to replug the coax or replace it with a better quality piece.

Moving the coax around would more likely cause a 'Tuning Adapter Connected' screen rather than a loss of channels. Loss of channels sounds like RF issue.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #120
Jcarrme

Quote:
I think I would ask them to give you a new TA... or perhaps push you .801 firmware and see if that helps.
I'm on my second TA and they have no info on the firmware upgrade...