TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2009, 02:01 AM   #1
Rowsdower
The Final Sacrifice
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 207
TiVo HD XL drive image

Hello! I just purchased a TiVo HD XL unit (TCD658000) without a hard drive, and I was disappointed to discover that no InstantCake CD is available for that model. I'd be most appreciative if someone could supply the appropriate image. Thank you!

Edit: A forum member agreed to upload the TCD658000 image to me for the $20 that I would have paid for InstantCake. The box is up and running with 2TB of capacity.

Last edited by Rowsdower : 09-18-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Rowsdower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
BrianSConover
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 21
Any chance you could help me...My TCD658000 hard drive died and I don't have the image (.tbk) for use with WinMFS....Any assistance would be greatly appreciated (my computer will not work with instantcake...hardware conflict)

BrianSConover@gmail.com
BrianSConover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
turbobuick86
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 343
When the hard drive fails on our XL with lifetime, I'm hoping this is all I need, correct?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TiVo-HD-XL-T...item3cb22b1141
__________________
____________________________

HDXL
TivoHD w/expander
OTA only and luvin it
turbobuick86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:23 PM   #4
Soapm
Registered User
 
Soapm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: So close, yet too far away
Posts: 1,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobuick86 View Post
When the hard drive fails on our XL with lifetime, I'm hoping this is all I need, correct?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TiVo-HD-XL-T...item3cb22b1141
According to the seller that's all you need but who knows what you get...
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
turbobuick86
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
According to the seller that's all you need but who knows what you get...
He's dvr-dude with 1850 perfect feedback. I'd say he's trustworthy.

I just want the simplist fix possible.
__________________
____________________________

HDXL
TivoHD w/expander
OTA only and luvin it
turbobuick86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #6
Soapm
Registered User
 
Soapm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: So close, yet too far away
Posts: 1,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobuick86 View Post
He's dvr-dude with 1850 perfect feedback. I'd say he's trustworthy.

I just want the simplist fix possible.
I would go for it also but you asked will it work.
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:55 PM   #7
dlfl
Cranky old novice
 
dlfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Near Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 6,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
I would go for it also but you asked will it work.
DVR_DUDE has an excellent rep on this forum, including working with folks who have problems and standing behind his products.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with DVR_DUDE nor do I receive kickbacks from him, although if he wanted to send me a 2TB P&P for my THD in return for my pimping for him, I wouldn't refuse it.
__________________

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith


VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #8
unitron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: semi-coastal NC
Posts: 13,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
DVR_DUDE has an excellent rep on this forum, including working with folks who have problems and standing behind his products.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with DVR_DUDE nor do I receive kickbacks from him, although if he wanted to send me a 2TB P&P for my THD in return for my pimping for him, I wouldn't refuse it.
It's hard out there for a pimp.
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #9
turbobuick86
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 343
I believe, in this thread at least, I'm at the front of the pimp line. Sloppy seconds is next up.
__________________
____________________________

HDXL
TivoHD w/expander
OTA only and luvin it
turbobuick86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #10
dlfl
Cranky old novice
 
dlfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Near Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 6,070
New TV reality show for TiVo hackers: Pimp my TiVo!

Hey this is supposed to be a serious forum .... sorry!
__________________

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith


VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #11
unitron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: semi-coastal NC
Posts: 13,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
...Hey this is supposed to be a serious forum ....
I think that ship sailed a long time ago.
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #12
ParaDiddle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7
I'm looking for an image for the TCD658000 too, if anyone can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
Hello! I just purchased a TiVo HD XL unit (TCD658000) without a hard drive, and I was disappointed to discover that no InstantCake CD is available for that model. I'd be most appreciative if someone could supply the appropriate image. Thank you!

Edit: A forum member agreed to upload the TCD658000 image to me for the $20 that I would have paid for InstantCake. The box is up and running with 2TB of capacity.

ParaDiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #13
farmermac
Super user
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 131
Have a winmfs ready to go.
Pm me
__________________
TiVo HD XL 2tb PLS
TiVo Premiere 4 2tb PLS
farmermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:11 PM   #14
David Vaughn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8
I need an image as well, but I don't have 10 posts in order to PM you.
David Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #15
unitron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: semi-coastal NC
Posts: 13,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Vaughn View Post
I need an image as well, but I don't have 10 posts in order to PM you.

Go here:


http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...47#post8956047
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |