TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > TiVo Search Feedback - Beta Release (Archive)
TiVo Community

Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
rtmoore4

Too much screen real estate

There is WAY too much screen real estate devoted to showing me similar programs I might be interested in once I get my search result. Plus, the list is shown across the top, with bright images, grabbing my eye and making it seem like this is what I should be looking at.

Instead, shrink the images a bit and put them on the bottom. The focus should be on the show I was searching for and what action I want to take on it. After I have taken an action on that show/episode, then allow me to wander down to the bottom to see if there are some other similar shows I might want to see.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:30 PM   #2
zendee

Agree!

I absolutely agree. The top of screen display is totally unpleasant. Bigger font makes things look much simpler.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:36 PM   #3
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Whew. For a while there I was worried.

You CANNOT have too much screen real estate.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AlGore-triplemonitor.jpg (33.4 KB, 113 views)
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
bkdtv

There's no question that TiVo sacrifices a lot of usability and utility with the bar at the top of the screen. However, management must view it as essential for advertising purposes, because there's no other justification for the design.

One unfortunate aspect of TiVo Search is that much of the program information is sacrificed to accommodate the banner bar. You see an incomplete list of actors, an incomplete (or non-existent) list of guest actors, no directors, no producers, and no writers. In many cases, the program or episode description itself is cut off, because it will not fit in four lines with the new, larger font. On many screens, the menus and buttons are squeezed together, as necessary given the large font and insufficient screen space, for which the banner bar is directly responsible.

We can only hope that this banner is specific to TiVo Search, and that many enhancements will be made if/when TiVo releases a 16:9 UI.

Last edited by bkdtv : 04-17-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:21 AM   #5
E94Allen

Or add scroll ability to scroll down more than 4 lines.