I have a THD connected with wired ethernet, and an S2 with a TiVo Wi-Fi adapter. I'm also running TiVo Desktop on my PC. Both TiVos show the PC in their NPL, and the desktop can access the NPL of both TiVos, but neither TiVo shows the other TiVo in its NPL.
I've tried everything I can think of, including
- Verifying both TiVos are on my account and the MAK is consistent across all three devices (THD, S2, & PC)
- Rebooting the router
- Rebooting both TiVos
- Disconnecting/reconnecting the ethernet and WiFi adapter
- Re-entering the network configuration on both TiVos
- Disabling MRV in My TiVo account, verifying that both went from "a,a,a" to "i,i,i", then re-enabling and ensuring they went back to "a,a,a"
- Enabling Home Network Applications on both TiVos (shouldn't be needed, right?)
This used to work perfectly until a few months ago, but then suddenly stopped. I can't say for sure exactly when it stopped, because it's not a feature I use regularly, but it was around the same time that I first got my Tuning Adapter.
I see other folks are having trouble with MRV on TA-enabled THD's, but this doesn't appear (prima facie
) to be the same problem - they're reporting that the problem is only one-way, and that both TiVo's can at least still see the other in the NPL, but with no visible content
- but the timing does seem a little more than coincidental.
Anyone else seeing similar problems? Anyone have any other ideas I can try?