TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #2791
moyekj

Reboot UI perhaps? Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #2792
thewebgal
MacAphile AV geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I stand, uh sit, corrected. No rebuild required.

I am curious though. Why use Streambaby at all? This is not a criticism, I am genuinely curious. Are there circumstances under which it is preferable to use it (and endure the buffer problem) rather than transfer the recording?

I can decide to WATCH files from my mac Pro drive library via streambaby without actually having to LOAD them to my Roamio hard drive ahead of time. I do get the "rebuffering" legend and a brief pause every 45 mins or so (depending on filetype: avi, or mkv or mp4), but that's not a big inconvenience like having to delete the full file might be.

It all streams via airport Express Wifi - pretty painless stuff!

Last edited by thewebgal : 08-16-2014 at 01:54 PM.
thewebgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:07 PM   #2793
benichols

Streambaby and Yosemite

FYI, in case anyone is interested, I installed pytivoX (1.3) on my Mac Mini running Yosemite (public beta) and Java 1.7.0.45. Using a Tivo Roamio Plus.

Both pytivo and streambaby work but streambaby seems rock solid. pytivo will rapidly lose connection and the "Devices" tab will disappear. To get streambaby to work, I navigated to "Apps and Games" and selected "Install app". I then entered the fixed IP address of my Mac Mini and the pytivo folder structure comes up. All my movies (folder within iTunes) come up and play fine. I haven't yet figured out how to eliminate the folder structure but that doesn't both me much. YMMV
benichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:05 AM   #2794
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewebgal View Post
I can decide to WATCH files from my mac Pro drive library via streambaby without actually having to LOAD them to my Roamio hard drive ahead of time. I do get the "rebuffering" legend and a brief pause every 45 mins or so (depending on filetype: avi, or mkv or mp4), but that's not a big inconvenience like having to delete the full file might be.

It all streams via airport Express Wifi - pretty painless stuff!
You can do the same thing using pytivo 'transfer' selected from the tivo menu (ie pull). Once the video is selected for transfer, it starts very quickly and you can begin playing right then so long as your network is faster than the video consumption rate. This way there is no rebuffering.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:47 PM   #2795
thewebgal
MacAphile AV geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
You can do the same thing using pytivo 'transfer' selected from the tivo menu (ie pull). Once the video is selected for transfer, it starts very quickly and you can begin playing right then so long as your network is faster than the video consumption rate. This way there is no rebuffering.
Okay, I'll have to check out the difference then. I installed Yosemite Beta 2 on my old macpro last night. The mac prompted me afterwards to install Legacy Java 6, so after I did that, and after I rebooted the Roamio, I had some weird pytivo jibberish in the apps menu, but when I clicked it, I got my usual Streambaby folder listings. And when I clicked a file, streambaby was still working.

Surprised me!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yosemite-Beta2.jpg (26.8 KB, 172 views)
Old 08-27-2014, 03:26 PM   #2796
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewebgal View Post
... I had some weird pytivo jibberish in the apps menu, but when I clicked it, I got my usual Streambaby folder listings.
Don't blame pyTivo for your gibberish. I assume what you saw was something like this:

Stream,\032Baby,\032Stream

which is due to a change (bug) in the TiVo's handling of mDNS. Nothing to do with pyTivo, which doesn't put anything in the Apps menu.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:23 PM   #2797
species8472jj

Streambaby on Synology

I was able to get Streambaby running on my Synology DS.

I am wondering if anyone had any issues with .ts files not being "seen" by Streambaby. That is to say when I go into a folder with .ts files, the folder will appear empty.

When I find a file in another format, it does show up, but when I select it to show the info., Streambaby gets locked up with the "Please Wait" message on my TiVo window.

Has anyone had any similar issues like this before?
species8472jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:08 PM   #2798
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by species8472jj View Post
I was able to get Streambaby running on my Synology DS.

I am wondering if anyone had any issues with .ts files not being "seen" by Streambaby. That is to say when I go into a folder with .ts files, the folder will appear empty.

When I find a file in another format, it does show up, but when I select it to show the info., Streambaby gets locked up with the "Please Wait" message on my TiVo window.

Has anyone had any similar issues like this before?
Check out the streambaby.ini documentation:
https://code.google.com/p/streambaby/wiki/StreamBabyIni
You probably need to set "extensions" to add .ts as a known extension in addition to the default ones listed in the documentation. Whether Streambaby can handle them properly I'm not sure, haven't tried.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:35 PM   #2799
thewebgal
MacAphile AV geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Don't blame pyTivo for your gibberish. I assume what you saw was something like this:

Stream,\032Baby,\032Stream

which is due to a change (bug) in the TiVo's handling of mDNS. Nothing to do with pyTivo, which doesn't put anything in the Apps menu.
That's probably it - I'm just happy as a clam its still working through all these changes!

Actually, no - what it actually said was

pyTivoX\032-\032-Heather-Jam... so maybe that's why I thought pyTivoX ws involved (grin)!
But I get that its a Tivo Interface issue - thanks!

Last edited by thewebgal : 09-24-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #2800
species8472jj

Thank you, moyekj. I added .ts to the extension and now I'm seeing my .ts files. I did some testing and have a couple of issues.

I have streambaby installed on my synology DS214play as well as my PC (for comparison testing).

I ran into a couple of issues.

If I have a metadata file (along with the video file) and I select it, I will get the "Please wait" screen perpetually. The only way to get out of it is to select "Live Tv" on my remote. If I do not have a metadata file, I can select the program with no issues. I am wondering if the latest TiVo update has something to do with this as this has never been an issue before. I found this to be a problem whether synology was being run on my PC or my synology DS.

The other problem I had was watching TS files. It worked on my PC (as long as I didn't have a metadata file), however it did not work when trying to watch off of my synology DS. I'm guessing I would need a different version of ffmpeg. If anyone could help with this, that would be great.

Thank you.
species8472jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #2801
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by species8472jj View Post
If I have a metadata file (along with the video file) and I select it, I will get the "Please wait" screen perpetually. The only way to get out of it is to select "Live Tv" on my remote. If I do not have a metadata file, I can select the program with no issues. I am wondering if the latest TiVo update has something to do with this as this has never been an issue before. I found this to be a problem whether synology was being run on my PC or my synology DS.
That issue only happens if using Java 7. If you install and run with Java 6 or older you will not have that problem. The streambaby code related to parsing/displaying metadata information doesn't work with Java 7 is the problem.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:50 PM   #2802
moyekj

The 1.1GB buffer limitation

FYI, it turns out the infamous 1.1GB buffer limitation (where Streambaby can only stream that much of a segment at a time to the TiVo before it has to initiate a new segment), is not an inherent HME streaming problem as was once thought. Playing around with wmbcrine python HME I was able to stream buffer movies > 4GB without any problem. Forum member davidblackledge was able to replicate the sample code I had using python HME and prove that it works also using Java HME SDK. The streambaby code for starting a video stream is very convoluted and something in that jumble is imposing the limitation. I was able to get a much more simplified version of Java HME to work as well (based on my ancient "videostream" project from where streambaby was born), and now I need to spend some time seeing if I can get transcoding streaming working as well. i.e. I think it is a solvable problem. But streambaby code is too convoluted for me to try and fix it, so I may end up just starting a new project that will borrow bits and pieces from streambaby, but this is a long term project with lots of work involved...

Old 09-12-2014, 02:40 PM   #2803
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
FYI, it turns out the infamous 1.1GB buffer limitation (where Streambaby can only stream that much of a segment at a time to the TiVo before it has to initiate a new segment), is not an inherent HME streaming problem as was once thought. Playing around with wmbcrine python HME I was able to stream buffer movies > 4GB without any problem. Forum member davidblackledge was able to replicate the sample code I had using python HME and prove that it works also using Java HME SDK. The streambaby code for starting a video stream is very convoluted and something in that jumble is imposing the limitation. I was able to get a much more simplified version of Java HME to work as well (based on my ancient "videostream" project from where streambaby was born), and now I need to spend some time seeing if I can get transcoding streaming working as well. i.e. I think it is a solvable problem. But streambaby code is too convoluted for me to try and fix it, so I may end up just starting a new project that will borrow bits and pieces from streambaby, but this is a long term project with lots of work involved...
That's great to hear! I've been super busy with start-of-year tasks for work (an elementary school), but those things will begin to stabilize soon and I should have more free time in the evenings if you need any testing done. Sorry I couldn't participate more with PlexTiVo - but I'm still keeping an eye on the progress being made by you and ntlord and looking for ways to make it more convenient to launch.
A Web app for Roku Remote Control
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #2804
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzotek View Post
That's great to hear! I've been super busy with start-of-year tasks for work (an elementary school), but those things will begin to stabilize soon and I should have more free time in the evenings if you need any testing done. Sorry I couldn't participate more with PlexTiVo - but I'm still keeping an eye on the progress being made by you and ntlord and looking for ways to make it more convenient to launch.
The PlexTiVo stuff is interesting, especially since it can run on a Mini. The thing I don't like about it though is the Opera browser imposes pretty bad limitations on what kind of videos run natively, and doesn't support AC3 audio (only AAC audio is supported). So, for example, any mpeg2 recordings you have need to be transcoded and you lose surround sound. The other problem with it is anything that is transcoded you don't have any buffer, so jumping around in video means quite a long delay whenever you use trick play, vs with HME and buffering if you stay within buffer limits (backwards and forwards), the trick play response is immediate. So especially if the 1.1GB limitation is overcome, you can buffer a whole video and have skip around it to your hearts content quickly and easily. Using HME obviously you can play mpeg2 directly and preserve AC3 audio for any video format, but obviously it won't run on TiVo Mini, so it has down side as well...

So my take on PlexTiVo is it's the only solution that works on a Mini, but if you have a non-Mini then HME is still a better option, and obviously you don't have to jump through hoops to launch an HME application. I wouldn't be too surprised though after putting a lot of effort into HME that TiVo would just decide to kill it completely with software updates and/or newer platforms.
EDIT: Also note that using HME it would be possible to communicate with a Plex server to get video files and metadata etc. just as is being done with PlexTiVo.

Last edited by moyekj : 09-12-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #2805
moyekj

Streambaby revival - version 0.30 available

streambaby-0.30.zip

What's updated:
* The age old 1.1 GB buffer limit is finally fixed!! It took hours of trial and error and wireshark captures to figure it out, but I think I've got a reliable fix for that problem in place. So now you can buffer videos > 1.1 GB without interruption.

* Fix to the Font Manager related problem when using Java 7. I included the patched cobra.jar file that was given earlier in this thread. So now should run without issues using Java 7.

* Added a few more streambaby.ini config variables related to video playback:

display.timeout_status_bar= (default:5)
Number of seconds for status bar to timeout

display.timeout_icon= (default:5)
Number of seconds for icon display to timeout

display.timeout_info= (default:10)
Number of seconds for program information to timeout

display.skip_backwards= (default:8)
Number of seconds for skip backwards

display.skip_forwards= (default:30)
Number of seconds for skip forwards

Since svn checkin doesn't seem to be working I couldn't check in the code. Also since Google no longer allows writing to Downloads, I couldn't upload it to the Google project area. So for now I've but a copy of streambaby-0.30.zip on Google Drive, available via above link.

Perhaps what I'll do is just make a new streambaby home at Sourceforge, similar to how I moved kmttg over, but I don't want to deal with that right now.

If there's enough interest, it should be possible to enable streambaby to talk to a Plex server to retrieve video and metadata information. That would be a longer term enhancement and it would be nice if I could get some coding help from any volunteers.

Last edited by moyekj : 09-13-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:08 AM   #2806
jcthorne

Thumbs up

WOW! I cant wait to try this.

I set up streambaby years ago and eventually abandoned it as videos grew to many GB for HD movies. Always liked the UI on the tivo.

This is GREAT news and thanks for picking this up. Will report back when I get to work installing it later today (I hope, gotta see what mama has for me to do today).

Thanks!

Old 09-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #2807
reneg

Installed this on my server and in the few minutes I played with it, it seems to be working fine. Thanks for the update. I'm interested in seeing what develops with Plex support
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #2808
jcthorne

Well that did not take long at all. Up and running. Played with the menus and changed a few ini options and its a go.

Thanks moyekj for bringing this current and picking up development of a great tivo addition.

I am going to do some reading of the forum now and see what else I might be able to customize but its working.....

THANKS!

Old 09-14-2014, 01:02 PM   #2809
tzilla

Quote:

What's updated:
* The age old 1.1 GB buffer limit is finally fixed!! It took hours of trial and error and wireshark captures to figure it out, but I think I've got a reliable fix for that problem in place. So now you can buffer videos > 1.1 GB without interruption.

* Fix to the Font Manager related problem when using Java 7. I included the patched cobra.jar file that was given earlier in this thread. So now should run without issues using Java 7.

Excellent update. I'm a new Tivo user/owner and was just googling last night on how I could stream my videos in MKV to the Tivo. I didn't want to push/upload them, I simply wanted to stream them from my existing NAS device.

I tried the latest v0.30 build today using my Windows 8.1 machine with the following setup instructions pieced together from various threads, wiki's, etc:
  1. Unzipped archive into c:/streambaby/ folder
  2. Updated streambaby.cmd and added/commented a few lines to ensure
    Java 7 (32bit) was used (not my code, was obtained from project site):
    Code:
    REM java -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx256m -Xmx256m -jar "%~dp0/jbin/streambaby.jar" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 
    REM echo Exited.
    REM pause
    REM popd
    IF NOT EXIST "%ProgramFiles(x86)%" GOTO WIN32
    REM 32-bit Java on 64-bit Windows
    SET MYPATH=%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
    GOTO COMMON
    :WIN32
    REM 32-bit Windows
    SET MYPATH=%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
    :COMMON
    IF EXIST "%MYPATH%" GOTO JAVA
    POPD
    ECHO 32-bit JRE7 not found. Install Java 32-bit!
    PAUSE
    EXIT
    :JAVA
    ECHO Using Java: "%MYPATH%"
    "%MYPATH%" -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx256m -Xmx256m -jar "%~dp0/jbin/streambaby.jar" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 
    popd
    echo Exited.
    pause
  3. Updated ffmpeg and support libraries with 64-bit Zeranoe builds, specifically this one ffmpeg-20140913-git-bcac0f4-win64-shared
  4. Modified streambaby.ini to support new ffmpeg build and optimize thread count
    Code:
    com.unwiredappeal.tivo.vm.ffjava.FFmpegJavaVideoModule=false
    ffmpeg.threads=0

I have no experience with previous versions so I'm not sure how things behaved in the past, but I can say that the new version was able to play my smallest 13GB MKV with only 1 "rebuffer" at the 1hour16 minute mark which I believe was the 10GB limit imposed when the application had to guess at the size? I vaguely recall seeing that in the output/logs but have since disappeared.

My other observation is the transcode performance is really slow. This is something odd because my Windows machine never goes beyond 2-4% cpu during the whole transcode time. What ends up happening is the Tivo pauses the video while the green bar loads. Then I have to manually un-pause to resume play. It happened 3 times, the first I waited 5 minutes which worked for a while but paused 40 minutes later. The second time I waited 15 minutes and that work well until the 3rd time which was different message "rebuffer" that I believe was related to the 10GB limit. Also the logs did have a different message for the 3rd time:

Quote:
09/14/14 12:23:45 NewStatusBar: state=false
09/14/14 12:45:34 ViewScreen: goto position: 4593424, vidlen: 5867860
09/14/14 12:45:34 ViewScreen: Position not in buffer, starting new stream
09/14/14 12:45:34 NewStatusBar: state=false
09/14/14 12:45:34 Application: Received event for unknown resource id. Id = 2694, event = 2694.RESOURCE_INFO(closed, {position=0, duration=0, start=0, speed=0})
09/14/14 12:45:34 NamedStream: DeRegistering named stream: e92e40e7-2cf9-4e71-ba6d-0289ab784e69.stream
09/14/14 12:45:34 SocketProcessInputStream: Destroying running process...
09/14/14 12:45:34 Listener:
09/14/14 12:45:34 Listener: 192.168.1.37 I/O Exception handling HTTP GET e92e40e7-2cf9-4e71-ba6d-0289ab784e69.stream: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
09/14/14 12:45:34 Listener: ctx=HttpRequest /streambaby/e92e40e7-2cf9-4e71-ba6d-0289ab784e69.stream t=java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
09/14/14 12:45:34 ViewScreen: Openening stream at position: 4593000(4593 secs)
09/14/14 12:45:34 VideoModuleHelper: quality setting is above quality of video, streaming normally
09/14/14 12:45:34 FFmpegExeVideoModule: Using ffmpeg transcode args: -acodec ac3 -vcodec mpeg2video -f vob -async 1 -r 23.976 -v 0 -threads 0 -qscale 0 -ab 192k -ar 48000
09/14/14 12:45:34 FFmpegExeVideoModule: FFmpegCmd: C:\streambaby\native\ffmpeg.exe -ss 4593.0 -i \\nas\video.mkv -acodec ac3 -vcodec mpeg2video -f vob -async 1 -r 23.976 -v 0 -threads 0 -qscale 0 -ab 192k -ar 48000 tcp://127.0.0.1:8500
09/14/14 12:45:34 NamedStream: Registering named stream: c1a69417-3da9-466f-a07d-e992411c7dc9.stream
09/14/14 12:45:35 Listener: http=HttpRequest /streambaby/c1a69417-3da9-466f-a07d-e992411c7dc9.stream
09/14/14 12:45:35 Listener: path=/streambaby/c1a69417-3da9-466f-a07d-e992411c7dc9.stream uri=/streambaby/
09/14/14 12:45:35 Listener:
09/14/14 12:45:35 Listener: 192.168.1.37 c1a69417-3da9-466f-a07d-e992411c7dc9.stream HTTP GET - to factory /streambaby/
09/14/14 12:45:35 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=c1a69417-3da9-466f-a07d-e992411c7dc9.stream
09/14/14 12:45:35 NamedStream: Getting mapped stream for named stream: c1a69417-3da9-466f-a07d-e992411c7dc9.stream
09/14/14 12:45:35 NamedStream: Getting mapped stream for named stream: c1a69417-3da9-466f-a07d-e992411c7dc9.stream
This was my experience anyway.

Much appreciation for your development efforts on this new build. Thanks.
tzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 01:56 PM   #2810
lpwcomp

Question: Does streambaby always transcode to mpeg2 or does it leave it as mpeg4 if the destination is a Series 3 or later?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #2811
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Thumbs up

Quote:
streambaby-0.30.zip

What's updated:

display.timeout_status_bar= (default:5)
Number of seconds for status bar to timeout

display.timeout_icon= (default:5)
Number of seconds for icon display to timeout

display.timeout_info= (default:10)
Number of seconds for program information to timeout

display.skip_backwards= (default:8)
Number of seconds for skip backwards

display.skip_forwards= (default:30)
Number of seconds for skip forwards

Since svn checkin doesn't seem to be working I couldn't check in the code. Also since Google no longer allows writing to Downloads, I couldn't upload it to the Google project area. So for now I've but a copy of streambaby-0.30.zip on Google Drive, available via above link.

Perhaps what I'll do is just make a new streambaby home at Sourceforge, similar to how I moved kmttg over, but I don't want to deal with that right now.

If there's enough interest, it should be possible to enable streambaby to talk to a Plex server to retrieve video and metadata information. That would be a longer term enhancement and it would be nice if I could get some coding help from any volunteers.
With a small bit of effort I got it up and running on OSX Mavericks with Java 7 (build 1.7.0_67-b01). Started streaming an mkv I had on hand already without issue. I'll run it for a while and report back if I run into any new/unknown issues.
A Web app for Roku Remote Control
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #2812
jcthorne

Is there a size limitation for the artwork jpg files or does stream baby resize them on the fly for display?

Old 09-14-2014, 04:08 PM   #2813
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzilla View Post
I have no experience with previous versions so I'm not sure how things behaved in the past, but I can say that the new version was able to play my smallest 13GB MKV with only 1 "rebuffer" at the 1hour16 minute mark which I believe was the 10GB limit imposed when the application had to guess at the size? I vaguely recall seeing that in the output/logs but have since disappeared.
For transcoding there is no way to know for sure how big the video is going to be, so I put in an arbitrary size. Part of the 1.1 GB buffer limit fix is you have to provide content range headers which include total size. I haven't tried it, but I can probably just up that number to 20 or 30 GB. For the videos I was using 10 GB was way plenty. Better yet, I'll probably just make this a configurable option instead of hardcoding it.

Last edited by moyekj : 09-14-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:09 PM   #2814
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Question: Does streambaby always transcode to mpeg2 or does it leave it as mpeg4 if the destination is a Series 3 or later?
It only transcodes what cannot natively play on the TiVos, so mp4 container with H.264 video and AC3 or AAC audio won't transcode for most cases. If however you use TS or MKV containers then it will transcode regardless of the codecs since those containers are not natively supported by TiVos for HME streaming. At some point I'll need to look into the code in more depth to just do a remux instead of full transcode where it makes sense to do so, but I think right now the behavior is anything incompatible even if just wrong container will mean a full mpeg2 transcode. From my recollection of TS containers I think you may have to force streambaby to transcode them in some cases by picking a quality setting other than default.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:31 PM   #2815
moyekj

New home & version 0.31 posted

New project home is now up (still a work in progress):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/streambaby/

Version 0.31 is available to download there. Release notes which include version 0.30 & 0.31 changes can be found here.

Summary of changes in 0.31:
* Default max buffer size is now 20 GB and configurable in streambaby.ini
* Default HME name is now "streambaby" instead of "Stream, Baby, Stream" (looks better under Apps&Games)
* Files with .ts extension are now automatically included in file browser

Last edited by moyekj : 09-14-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #2816
Tobashadow

Wow many thanks, I haven't even had a chance to try out the new ones yet but they look vastly improved.

New and Improved! - Cancer Free since Feb 10th 2010!!! F*%K Cancer!
Tobashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:21 AM   #2817
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
Is there a size limitation for the artwork jpg files or does stream baby resize them on the fly for display?
Nevermind. Found my problem with artwork not displaying for some vids. Items stored on my server prior to the metagenerator update on Dec 11, 2011 did not include the image: data in the metadata txt file. Streambaby uses that data rather than just pulling the same name jpg file or using the artwork stored in the mp4 file. In fact, as far as I can tell, streambaby does not use the metadata stored in the mp4 file at all, only the pytivo compatible txt file.

Ok by me as I have both but thought others might want to know.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:25 AM   #2818
jcthorne

Feature Request

moyekj,

For your future ideas list possibly...

Could the streambaby screen presented on the tivo be updated to the newer Tivo HDUI 2 column view where the list of items is on the left and the information for each item with its artwork is on the right allowing easier browsing?

Thanks again for picking up this gauntlet.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:31 AM   #2819
greenawayj

New Streambaby - ffmpeg issue?

Hi -- Thanks for taking on the streambaby updates. I've been using it now for several years and really love it's stability and functionality. As with most things, there can be improvements, but it really does what i (my kids!!) need.

I installed the new version last night and seem to have a problem. I watched it go through it's usual first-run sequence to install ffmpeg, assumed it worked, and then tried it out.

Streambaby showed up on the tivo, but opened a dialog box when I selected it saying there was a problem (Can't remember what the box said... It was late and I didn't want to bother with it last night - Not up for going down the proverbial rat hole at midnight)

So I logged onto my video server this morning (Win 8.1 running as a VM on Windows Server 2012R2) to see what was going on and I was getting the following in my CMD window when running

Quote:
09/16/14 07:14:48 FFmpegJavaVideoModule: Unable to load FFmpeg native libraries
09/16/14 07:14:49 Listener: added factory
09/16/14 07:14:49 Main: streambaby ready & listening.
So just in case I had a corrupted FFmpeg install on the first run, I deleted everything and started over... I got the following full log file also depicting a failed FFmpeg...

Quote:
09/16/14 07:28:40 StreamBabyMain$BshLogger: Download ffmpeg for first-run...
09/16/14 07:28:40 StreamBabyMain$BshLogger: Connecting: streambaby-dot-googlecode-dot-com/files//ffmpeg-r15986-gpl-shared-win32.tar.bz2
09/16/14 07:28:40 StreamBabyMain$BshLogger: Downloading...
09/16/14 07:28:43 StreamBabyMain$BshLogger: Finished downloading, begin extract.
09/16/14 07:28:43 StreamBabyMain$BshLogger: extracting: avcodec-52.dll (bin/avcodec-52.dll)
09/16/14 07:28:46 StreamBabyMain$BshLogger: extracting: avdevice-52.dll (bin/avdevice-52.dll)
09/16/14 07:28:46 StreamBabyMain$BshLogger: extracting: avformat-52.dll (bin/avformat-52.dll)
09/16/14 07:28:47 StreamBabyMain$BshLogger: extracting: avutil-49.dll (bin/avutil-49.dll)
09/16/14 07:28:47 StreamBabyMain$BshLogger: extracting: ffmpeg.exe (bin/ffmpeg.exe)
09/16/14 07:28:47 StreamBabyMain$BshLogger: extracting: ffplay.exe (bin/ffplay.exe)
09/16/14 07:28:47 StreamBabyMain$BshLogger: extracting: SDL.dll (bin/SDL.dll)
09/16/14 07:28:47 StreamBabyMain$BshLogger: extracting: swscale-0.dll (bin/swscale-0.dll)
09/16/14 07:28:47 StreamBabyMain$BshLogger: Retrieval of ffmpeg complete
09/16/14 07:28:48 FFmpegJavaVideoModule: Unable to load FFmpeg native libraries
09/16/14 07:28:49 Listener: added factory
09/16/14 07:28:49 Main: streambaby ready & listening.
(note URL above broken intentially by me since the forum software would not allow me to post an actual URL due to my post count!)

Anyone see this before?

Only other change relative to my prior streambaby install (v20120828-2030) is that it was previously running on a W7 VM on the same server and of course running on Java 6. I just tried to run streambaby 0.31 on that machine and get the same FFmpeg error (also running on Java 6 on that W7 machine - I don't think I have Java 7 installed there.)

Thanks in advance for any help...

greenawayj

Last edited by greenawayj : 09-16-2014 at 09:32 AM. Reason: typo
greenawayj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:13 AM   #2820
moyekj

You should install and run streambaby with 32 bit Java.