TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-24-2012, 05:15 AM   #2491
tdoane

I moved from Pytivo to Streambaby when i converted all the files to MP4. I'm hoping with the new HME kit Tivo has in the works we'll have something more native for streaming in the works.
tdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #2492
ebf

I started a new thread looking for a solution to stretched mp4s. Anyone have a solution to get scene mp4s to display correctly? It is going to be a growing problem, for me at least. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Due to recent Scene rule changes, they are now creating x264 mp4 releases. Eventually, avi's will go away.

ebf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #2493
moyekj

Since you say transferring with pyTivo solves the problem (because it's transcoding to mpeg2) you can have streambaby do the same:
In program details change Quality from "Same" to "Low" which will force streambaby to transcode to mpeg2.

If the quality degradation is too great for the above you can add following to streambaby.ini to force streambaby to transcode all videos (at same quality level):
transcode.force=true

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #2494
ebf

Close...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Since you say transferring with pyTivo solves the problem (because it's transcoding to mpeg2) you can have streambaby do the same:
In program details change Quality from "Same" to "Low" which will force streambaby to transcode to mpeg2.

If the quality degradation is too great for the above you can add following to streambaby.ini to force streambaby to transcode all videos (at same quality level):
transcode.force=true
Thanks, moyekj. Just switching to "low" works!! But, as you predicted, the quality is not great. I tried adding transcode.force=true to my ini and restarting the Streambaby service, but playing the video at "same" or "medium" results in stretched display again. Maybe transcode.force=true is not working??
Old 03-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #2495
ebf

Big Grin Fiddling the settings

So, since transcode.force=true didn't work, I went back to the Streambaby ini options and tried mp4mod.streamformats.disallow=mp4,*,*. That seems to be forcing all mp4s to be transcoded without stretching and at an acceptable display!

So, moyekj, does mp4mod.streamformats.disallow seem like the next best option or could I be setting myself up for more problems?

Now, if only I could fix the 0xffff errors!
Old 03-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #2496
moyekj

Whatever it takes to force transcoding - above setting seems to be good option. Note that the real problem is TiVo HD decoder is terrible at dealing with non-typical H.264 resolutions. Series 4 improved on H.264 decoding considerably. By forcing transcoding you are getting the mpeg2 decoder which deals with non-typical resolutions much better.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #2497
ebf

OK, great. So, will these settings do anything odd to streams to my Premier? (Yes, I'm being lazy. I could head downstairs to test it myself!) Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #2498
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebf View Post
OK, great. So, will these settings do anything odd to streams to my Premier? (Yes, I'm being lazy. I could head downstairs to test it myself!) Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
Can you point me to a URL for the MP4 you have having trouble with so I can get a copy. I will see if I have issues on my TiVos and if I do I will determine a quick FFMpeg script to fix it.

Having the setting in your Streambaby to always reencode the shows is not a good long term setting as HD MP4s may not be able to be encoded in real time. You may not care about those shows now, but you may down the road.

Rick
rfryar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #2499
ebf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfryar View Post
Can you point me to a URL for the MP4 you have having trouble with so I can get a copy. I will see if I have issues on my TiVos and if I do I will determine a quick FFMpeg script to fix it.

Having the setting in your Streambaby to always reencode the shows is not a good long term setting as HD MP4s may not be able to be encoded in real time. You may not care about those shows now, but you may down the road.

Rick
Yes, the encoding is slower. Thanks for offering to look into it. I'll PM you some links.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #2500
jonbig

What steps should I take to debug why my streambaby instance has stopped appearing in my TiVo's "Showcases & Apps" menu?
jonbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #2501
ignavia
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbig View Post
What steps should I take to debug why my streambaby instance has stopped appearing in my TiVo's "Showcases & Apps" menu?
First thing I'd do is restart the app. I spent half an hour one night trying to troubleshoot network connectivity when all it needed was an app restart.
ignavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #2502
moxyman

Hi all. I created a post for this and then found this thread. I figured this may be a better place to get help.

I am running WHS2011 on my network and I cant seem to get stream baby (0.29 plus additional CC config options) to work on my Premiere Elite (software version: 20.2-01-2-758). When I first installed it back in January, it worked for a week or so, and then it just stopped. When I clicked on the streambaby service I got an error that it couldn't start.

Then last week I had to reinstall WHS2011 on my server. So once i got it all up and running again I installed streambaby (and java) again. I ran the bat file and it said there was a problem with my FFmpeg (i belive) so i added the suggest line "com.unwiredappeal.tivo.vm.ffjava.FFmpegJavaVideoModule=fals e" to the .ini file. At that point the it said the service was running and i could see "StreamBabyStream" on my tivo.

But when i went to start it my tivo just remained at the "PLEASE WAIT SCREEN" until I eventually exited. I ran the bat again the next day (and i haven't installed it as a service yet) but it says its "ready and listening" and i no longer get the FFMpeg error:

However "Stream Baby Stream" doesnt show up on my Premiere Elite anymore. So again the tivo isnt seeing streambaby. I have tried changing the title in the .ino to see if a change would somehow reset it but that hasnt worked.

I dont know if its a problem with WHS2011, or Tivo, or even my router. But i dont understand why it worked for a while then stopped, and then sort of worked, and now doesnt work at all when I havent changed anything on my end. I am very much a noob to all this so im hoping somebody here has faced this problem and can help or point me in the right direction. Any help would be truly appreciated. I tried to give all the info I thought would help and also included my streambaby .ini info below if that will help.

Thanks guys!

---------INI FILE---------------
com.unwiredappeal.tivo.vm.ffjava.FFmpegJavaVideoModule=false

dir.1=d:\ServerFolders\Videos
dir.1.name=My Videos

title=Erics Server

tivo.username=(myemail)
tivo.password=(mypassword)
moxyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:21 AM   #2503
Hcour

I'd like to uninstall this program. Can I just delete the folder or does something else need to be done? Thanks.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Last edited by Hcour : 04-18-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #2504
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcour View Post
I'd like to uninstall this program. Can I just delete the folder or does something else need to be done? Thanks.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
If you installed it to run as a service you need to uninstall the service. Look under the extra directory to find the appropriate script to run depending on your environment.

After uninstalling the service (If you installed it to begin with), you are free to just delete the directory streambaby lives in.

Rick
Old 04-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #2505
rfryar
My Media, My Way

StreamBaby Service Windows 7 64 bit?

Ok, I have been using Streambaby forever, but just upgraded my HTPC and installed Win 7 64 bit this time around. I have Java 64 bit and Streambaby is running with the batch file (When I run it as Admin).

The only issue with this install is I do not get Native FFMPEG, which for me is fine as almost all my videos are Tivo compatible MP4s anyways. To resolve this I think I need to run using 32 bit Java, but I will cross that bridge later.

My major issue is I can not get this to run as a service. Has anyone gotten the Wrapper to work under windows 7 64 bit?

Any hints on the direction I can take?

I tried to use "yajsw" instead of the default "wrapper" but StreamBaby does not quite start up using the yajsw conf that is generated. I think it can not find the .ini file when it runs or something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick
Old 04-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #2506
noseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfryar View Post
Ok, I have been using Streambaby forever, but just upgraded my HTPC and installed Win 7 64 bit this time around. I have Java 64 bit and Streambaby is running with the batch file (When I run it as Admin).

The only issue with this install is I do not get Native FFMPEG, which for me is fine as almost all my videos are Tivo compatible MP4s anyways. To resolve this I think I need to run using 32 bit Java, but I will cross that bridge later.

My major issue is I can not get this to run as a service. Has anyone gotten the Wrapper to work under windows 7 64 bit?

Any hints on the direction I can take?

I tried to use "yajsw" instead of the default "wrapper" but StreamBaby does not quite start up using the yajsw conf that is generated. I think it can not find the .ini file when it runs or something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick
I gave up trying to get StreamBaby to run as a service under Win7 and just run it from a shortcut to the batch file in Startup.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #2507
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by noseph View Post
I gave up trying to get StreamBaby to run as a service under Win7 and just run it from a shortcut to the batch file in Startup.
Last night I also gave up and used a scheduled task. That way I can hide the command prompt window and ensure it starts up with out a user logging in.

Disappointing that it is no longer able to be run as a service under 64 bit, but at least this is a partial solution.

Rick
Old 04-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #2508
emkorial

I tried Streambaby and had issues. Whnever there was a scene in a movie with a sudden loud sound (like an explosion or something) the sound would crackle and die on my Tivo, until I rewound the video a few secs and played it again. Also, after about 20 or so minutes, Streambaby crashed my Tivo and it rebooted.

Any ideas why that would happen? I have a TivoHD
emkorial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #2509
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkorial View Post
I tried Streambaby and had issues. Whnever there was a scene in a movie with a sudden loud sound (like an explosion or something) the sound would crackle and die on my Tivo, until I rewound the video a few secs and played it again. Also, after about 20 or so minutes, Streambaby crashed my Tivo and it rebooted.
Can you post the video details using MediaInfo or similar tool. Most likely it is an audio codec or bitrate not completely supported by the TiVo. If there is a loud noise it may be exceeding the audio bitrate the TiVo can handle and it fails or worse reboots.

Rick
Old 04-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #2510
Thomaseo1

Need help with a few Streambaby options

Hello I've been using Stream baby for the better part of 1.5 years. Recently I created media data using metaGenerator for my movies and TV shows to stream including things like titles descriptions and subtitles etc... I am running into a few problems finding options for some settings. First is getting the mpaaRating to display onto the tivo like the description does.

Here is an example of a info file
Filename:"Avatar [2009].avi.txt"
Code:
title : Avatar Extended Additional Directors Cut
movieYear : 2009
description : Disabled Marine Jake Sully travels to planet Pandora...
isEpisode : false
starRating : x6
mpaaRating : P3
vProgramGenre : Sci-Fi & Fantasy
vProgramGenre : Action Sci-Fi & Fantasy
vProgramGenre : Alien Sci-Fi
vProgramGenre : Sci-Fi Adventure
vDirector : James Cameron|
vActor : Sam Worthington|
vActor : Zoe Saldana|
image : Avatar [2009].avi.jpg
I found that the "tivo-pyxml.xsl" file references mpaaRating but I don't know much about xml.

Another problem I have run into is I want the title of the movie or episode to be the file name since I have my media renamed with fileBot and are now properly sorted. I have already created all the meta data I need and do not want to delete the title on all my meta files (that would take way too long).

Current sreambaby.ini File
Code:
#
# ./streambaby --help for more configuration file options
#

title=Thomas's Movies
dir.1=F:\My Videos\Movies
dir.1.name=Movies
dir.2=G:\My Videos\TV Shows
dir.2.name=TV Shows
meta.vidinfo.disable=false
trimextensions=true
ffmpeg.threads=8
autogenerate.delete=true
preview.quality=85
preview.autogenerate=true
preview.big=True
preview.threaded=true
preview.predictive=true
autogenerate.delete=true
ffmpegjava.previewformats=*.jpg
extensions= mp4,mpeg,vob,mpg,mpeg2,mp2,avi,wmv,asf,ogg,ogm,mkv,tivo,raw,3gp,mov,flv
info.preserveaspect=true
quality.2channel=6
use.title=False
sort.filename=true
streambaby.delete=false 
mpaaRating=true
Any help as to how I can find/add/change theses two settings to work would be greatly appreciated.

Ah I feel silly now "use.title= (default:true) Use metadata title instead of filename when available" all I had to do for the title was set to false, but the mpaa thing is still bugging me

Last edited by Thomaseo1 : 04-25-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Thomaseo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:24 AM   #2511
Thomaseo1

Bump

I'm still looking for an answer to from anyone who might be able to help with displaying mpaa rating
Old 05-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #2512
superflysocal

When I run streambaby, by default, the subtitles are usually black background with dark gray text, thus making it unreadable.

I made changes to steambaby.ini with these lines:

cc.fontsize=medium
cc.backgroundcolor=black
cc.textcolor=white
cc.yoff=30

This helps alot, making text bigger, with most text now white on black babckground. However about 20% of the text is still gray with black background (unreadable). I don't know why this happens. It happens even with the same speaker within one sentence (but on different lines). How do I make sure all subtitles are white with black background?

I am using 0.29, but I just now noticed there is a more current version with new cc options, but I don't know how to use them.
superflysocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:29 AM   #2513
moyekj

Disable transparency:
cc.background.transparency=0

The latest Premiere software update fixes this issue with transparency introduced in 20.2.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #2514
superflysocal

fontsize = medium is the equivalent to what point size? i want to go a little bigger.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #2515
superflysocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Disable transparency:
cc.background.transparency=0

The latest Premiere software update fixes this issue with transparency introduced in 20.2.
I tried this and it didn't help. Also, i was mistaken, the unreadable text is gray slightly transparent background with black letters.

I do have a Premiere.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #2516
superflysocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
I tried this and it didn't help. Also, i was mistaken, the unreadable text is gray slightly transparent background with black letters.

I do have a Premiere.
Ok, got it to work. I used the more recent 0.29 version with expanded cc capabilites and the above chnages. Everything works now. Still want to know what is the size of "medium" and what size I should use to make it even larger.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #2517
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
Ok, got it to work. I used the more recent 0.29 version with expanded cc capabilites and the above chnages. Everything works now. Still want to know what is the size of "medium" and what size I should use to make it even larger.
I don't know what the equivalent integer sizes are but you can set cc.fontsize=integer (like 15 for example) instead of using a string to select very specific font size. You'll have to experiment with different integers to find the size you like.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #2518
superflysocal

when i set font to 26, I get the issues with the font and background 100% of the time again. I think it was too large of a size?
Old 05-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #2519
moyekj

Don't know. You can try turning off background completely:
cc.background=0

Old 05-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #2520
Thomaseo1

I'm still curious to know how to show the MPAA ratings for any movie with the proper txt file where it has mpaaRating : P3 and such to appear on the media's info to be something like "Rated PG-13" any help into this matter would help.