TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-15-2011, 08:28 AM   #2461
whynotthisname

Workaround for ffmpeg 0.8.5

com.unwiredappeal.tivo.vm.ffjava.FFmpegJavaVideoModule=false

solved my problem

Streambaby working (again)

Thanks
whynotthisname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:09 AM   #2462
MarkSly

Question No audio in streaming - audio works when pushed to TiVo

I've searched all through this thread, but I haven't figure out if anyone is having the problem I'm seeing...

I have a few videos (BD rips) that will play video just fine (including subtitles), but no audio is playing.

When I take the movie (mp4 format - MPEG-4 AVC video with stereo or 5.1 AAC mp4a audio) and push it to the TiVo with the Desktop Plus software, the video and audio play just fine. (This suggests to me that there is no Cinavia blocking problem in this movie as an earlier set of posts discussed.)

But no matter what I try, the streaming with audio isn't working. I need to view this (foreign) film with subtitles, so streaming is the only way I know to make it work, but I still want the audio.

Any ideas, anyone?

-MarkSly
MarkSly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #2463
Iluvatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSly View Post
I've searched all through this thread, but I haven't figure out if anyone is having the problem I'm seeing...

I have a few videos (BD rips) that will play video just fine (including subtitles), but no audio is playing.

When I take the movie (mp4 format - MPEG-4 AVC video with stereo or 5.1 AAC mp4a audio) and push it to the TiVo with the Desktop Plus software, the video and audio play just fine. (This suggests to me that there is no Cinavia blocking problem in this movie as an earlier set of posts discussed.)

But no matter what I try, the streaming with audio isn't working. I need to view this (foreign) film with subtitles, so streaming is the only way I know to make it work, but I still want the audio.

Any ideas, anyone?

-MarkSly
TiVo won't work with AAC 5.1 anyways but have you tried to transcode the audio into AC3? You can maintain the surround and may fix problems by transcoding the audio and remuxing the file.

Does your file contain both AAC5.1 and Stereo at the same time?
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #2464
MarkSly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvatar View Post
TiVo won't work with AAC 5.1 anyways but have you tried to transcode the audio into AC3? You can maintain the surround and may fix problems by transcoding the audio and remuxing the file.

Does your file contain both AAC5.1 and Stereo at the same time?
The Main movie I'm trying to play has two audio tracks: (below is the description from VLC)

Stream 1
Type: Audio
Codec: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)
Language: 日本語 (Japanese)
Channels: Stereo
Sample Rate 48000 Hz
Stream 2
Type: Audio
Codec: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)
Language: 日本語 (Japanese)
Channels: 2
Sample Rate 48000 Hz
Bits per sample: 16
Bitrate: 1536 kb/s

So from what I can tell (and that VLC is accurate), I have two non-surround audio tracks in the video.

It just really confuses me why the audio plays OK when I push the video to the Tivo, but does not play audio when streamed.

I suppose that Streambaby only sends track 1, and perhaps the TiVo doesn't understand the encoding on it and uses track two on the copy on the TiVo hard drive.

I'll try playing around with it -- I'll see if I can create a version without track 1 (move track 2 to track 1 and leave only one audio stream.) I'll also try transcoding to AC3.

-MarkSly
Old 12-20-2011, 10:00 AM   #2465
MarkSly

Thumbs up Success!

Yay! that worked!

I demuxed the streams with "My MP4Box GUI" , then re-muxed just the video and the 2-channel audio (didn't even transcode file) into a new mp4 video. Everything is running great now.

I now have high-definition video, audio, and subtitles!

Thanks for your help.

-MarkSly
Old 12-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #2466
ebf

Arrow Definitive 0xFFFF Solution??

Hi all. I've been using Streambaby for ages. I love it, but these 0xFFFF errors are driving my crazy. They occur randomly and I have to just wait it out before they go away. I've searched the thread, but I can't find an answer. Can someone give me the definitive fix for this error? I'm version 0.29 on a TiVo HD XL with OS 11.0k-01-2-658.

Thanks.
ebf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #2467
mbagshaw

Australia out in the cold

Having now spent several hours trawling through this long thread, I see that the increasingly desperate voices of Australian TiVo users seem to die out late in 2009. Unless I have missed something reading later posts, I suspect the answer to my question "has anyone found a solution to the 0xffff problem that prevents Australian TiVo devices working with Streambaby?" will be "No". True?
mbagshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #2468
ebf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbagshaw View Post
Having now spent several hours trawling through this long thread, I see that the increasingly desperate voices of Australian TiVo users seem to die out late in 2009. Unless I have missed something reading later posts, I suspect the answer to my question "has anyone found a solution to the 0xffff problem that prevents Australian TiVo devices working with Streambaby?" will be "No". True?
As you can see from my post right above yours, the 0xFFFF problem has been around long before the Aussies got the TiVo. I think the complains have died down as folks have given up. I wish there was more active work on a solution.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #2469
Allshookup
TiVo Newbie

I have been following this thread for a few months as I used to stream from my iMac OSX (10.6 Snow Leopard) without any problems but after the OSX (10.7 Lion) upgrade I can not stream from my iMac with pyTivoX. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall it, I have tried most of the "hacks" listed in the thread but nothing has worked. I can get the Channel listed and even see the videos that are on my iMac listed but when I click to play it fails. Is there any one who is using pyTivoX 1.3 or beta and it is working on OSX Lion? If so could you please explain step by step how you were able to get it working.
Thanks for any help I can get.
Allshookup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #2470
treat2day

Restarting the tivo should clear 0xfffff error

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebf View Post
Hi all. I've been using Streambaby for ages. I love it, but these 0xFFFF errors are driving my crazy. They occur randomly and I have to just wait it out before they go away. I've searched the thread, but I can't find an answer. Can someone give me the definitive fix for this error? I'm version 0.29 on a TiVo HD XL with OS 11.0k-01-2-658.

Thanks.
Restarting the tivo under the help menu should clear it up.
I see the 0xfffff error ever so often when trying to stream
treat2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #2471
ebf

Red face Yes, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by treat2day View Post
Restarting the tivo under the help menu should clear it up.
I see the 0xfffff error ever so often when trying to stream
Thanks for the tip, treat2day, but I know that. I want to know the actual cause and how to keep it from happening. It happens at least once a week. I just wait it out as I think restarting the TiVo is akin to pulling the plug on a live computer.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #2472
jy3

Streambaby + Ubuntu

I'm having problems getting Streambaby up and running on my Tivos.
I can navigate to the Streambaby folder from any other computer on the network(http://192.168.1.101:7299/streambaby/folder.png),
but the menu item doesn't show up on any of the Tivos.

Anyone else have or had this issue with Ubuntu? I've managed to get a copy working from a Windows XP laptop, but no dice with the Ubuntu box.

Any help would be appreciated. Transferring massive files over PyTivo is killing my free space, and I'd like to start streaming directly

Thanks,
Jim
jy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #2473
aymanme

I've got it working from a debian box (upon with Ubuntu is based). It works fine to both my tivos. However, the startup scripts that are floating around did not seem to work reliably for me. Here is my streambaby.ini (which I keep with the streambaby tree in /usr/local/streambaby/) My box is dual honed so I do bind to an IP ...

Can you telnet to the port from say your windows pc? i.e.
telnet <your ubuntu box> 7290
You want to do it from another machine to make sure you can get to the port from outside the serving machine.

dir.1=/data/shared/movies
dir.1.name=Movies
dir.2=/data/shared/kid_movies
dir.2.name=Kid's Movies
#dir.2=/media/disk
#dir.2.name=External Drive
# Ip address to bind to
# most people don't need to change this.
ip=192.168.1.10
# port to use
port=7290
aymanme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #2474
jy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymanme View Post
I've got it working from a debian box (upon with Ubuntu is based). It works fine to both my tivos. However, the startup scripts that are floating around did not seem to work reliably for me. Here is my streambaby.ini (which I keep with the streambaby tree in /usr/local/streambaby/) My box is dual honed so I do bind to an IP ...

Can you telnet to the port from say your windows pc? i.e.
telnet <your ubuntu box> 7290
You want to do it from another machine to make sure you can get to the port from outside the serving machine.

dir.1=/data/shared/movies
dir.1.name=Movies
dir.2=/data/shared/kid_movies
dir.2.name=Kid's Movies
#dir.2=/media/disk
#dir.2.name=External Drive
# Ip address to bind to
# most people don't need to change this.
ip=192.168.1.10
# port to use
port=7290

I can get to it from a browser(Windows XP box), but not telnet.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #2475
AZrob

Subtitles are intermittently black on black

Hi,

Has anyone seen this issue? I can see the subtitles, but half the time the words are black on a black background...so they are undecipherable. This can vary from moment to moment so that one set are good, then the next are bad, then the next are good again. I can't see anything odd in the SRT file.

I would appreciate any help,

thanks,

Rob from AZ
AZrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:23 AM   #2476
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZrob View Post
Hi,

Has anyone seen this issue? I can see the subtitles, but half the time the words are black on a black background...so they are undecipherable. This can vary from moment to moment so that one set are good, then the next are bad, then the next are good again. I can't see anything odd in the SRT file.

I would appreciate any help,

thanks,

Rob from AZ
Yes if you have a series 4 with 20.2 software it introduced an issue with HME backgrounds and transparency. You can fix the issue as follows:
Install latest version of streambaby which has a bunch of new cc options:
http://streambaby.googlecode.com/fil...11203-2132.zip

Add following to streambaby.ini (to disable transparency):
cc.background.transparency=0

To see all the cc options available consult the Wiki:
http://code.google.com/p/streambaby/wiki/StreamBabyIni
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #2477
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Yes if you have a series 4 with 20.2 software it introduced an issue with HME backgrounds and transparency.
Could you elaborate on this? Maybe in the HME Dev section.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #2478
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Could you elaborate on this? Maybe in the HME Dev section.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=481529
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:02 AM   #2479
aymanme

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy3 View Post
I can get to it from a browser(Windows XP box), but not telnet.
Not sure I follow that .... The browser you refer to (I think) means that you are just looking at the shared folder. That probably works fine since you have samba on your ubuntu box. But from your pc (windows) can you open the command line and type "telnet <linux> 7290" and have it not give you an error? If so, then at least your linux box is listening on the proper port.
aymanme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #2480
jy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymanme View Post
Not sure I follow that .... The browser you refer to (I think) means that you are just looking at the shared folder. That probably works fine since you have samba on your ubuntu box. But from your pc (windows) can you open the command line and type "telnet <linux> 7290" and have it not give you an error? If so, then at least your linux box is listening on the proper port.

Changed routers, and finally got everything working
Old 01-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #2481
pixelpusher220

Firewall issue resolved - UDP tracking needed

Just starting to work with StreamBaby and was getting this error:

01/16/12 23:06:13 Main: mdns_type=_tivo-hme._tcp.local. factory=StreamBabyStreamFactory[/streambaby/,Stream, Baby, Stream] port=7290
Jan 16, 2012 11:06:14 PM javax.jmdns.impl.tasks.Prober run
WARNING: run() exception
java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: Datagram send failed

Running 0.29 SB and McAfee Firewall 12.0.

Ended up needing to turn on 'Enable UDP Tracking' before it could successfully find the Tivo.
pixelpusher220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #2482
xcalibr

24U Appearance OSAX Error

Getting this error:

Initializing StreamBaby v20111203-2132...
2012-01-16 22:53:15.593 java[27822:1f07] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/24U Appearance OSAX.osax/Contents/MacOS/24U Appearance OSAX: dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/24U Appearance OSAX.osax/Contents/MacOS/24U Appearance OSAX, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/ScriptingAdditions/24U Appearance OSAX.osax/Contents/MacOS/24U Appearance OSAX: mach-o, but wrong architecture
java: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/24U Appearance OSAX.osax" declares no loadable handlers.

Any suggestions? I'm running Lion on a new iMac.

Thank you.
xcalibr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:46 AM   #2483
Bernar

TIVO simulator video streaming

I have developing a system using TIVO, with HME Software development kit and HME Simulator. I couldn't use video streaming and then i download StremBaby but even i can't see videos throw the sample.I can view the black screen and a counter but i can't see the video with that simulator.
The problem is StreamBaby or the simulator. In case the problem is the simulator.. Is there another simulator what i can use ?
Thanks
Bernar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:02 AM   #2484
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Streaming video is way beyond what the simulator can do. Your only appropriate alternative is to get a real TiVo to test with. You need one anyway; the simulator doesn't cut it.

Oh, and video streaming requires a Series 3 or 4 TiVo. The simulator basically emulates a Series 2, although even there, the real one is different enough that you need to test with a real one.

There are modified versions of the simulator that do HD (but still not video), which the stock one does not, IIRC. You will almost certainly want to use HD in your app(s).

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #2485
jpascone

Streaming Problems

I am pretty Savvy and for the life of me don't know what the dealio is. Have a solid connection from both devices to my wireless G network and my machine is speedy enough. Last night the streaming speed was incredible, today no love at all, unusable. I have tried lowering the quality rate, from SAME all the way to VERY LOW. Ne help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
JP

Tivo Series 3
Latest/Greatest StreamBaby

Last edited by jpascone : 01-25-2012 at 04:57 PM.
jpascone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:43 AM   #2486
ShinySteelRobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allshookup View Post
after the OSX (10.7 Lion) upgrade I can not stream from my iMac with pyTivoX. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall it, I have tried most of the "hacks" listed in the thread but nothing has worked.
I'm new to Streambaby but got it working under Lion. The steps I followed are here, takes about 10 minutes:
http://www.logicsector.com/mac/how-t...s-x-lion-10-7/

I'm not using pyTivoX since that seems really really really out of date.
ShinySteelRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #2487
cbharmon

I'm stumped here. Does anyone know why some of my MP4s show the artwork/cast/description while others don't?

It seems that Blu-ray MKVs converted to MP4s in Handbrake do not display the metadata (even after running them through Identify and iVI Pro.)

DVDs converted to MP4s in iVI Pro display the metadata just fine.
cbharmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #2488
tdoane

I've run into an issue that I am rather stumped by. When I stream videos from my server to Tivo there is no encoding that takes place. When I use the push option, it pushes as one would expect and is watchable without a hitch. However, once it gets to the end of the push, the file disappears from the Tivo even while I'm watching it. Almost feels like Tivo is expecting something on the tail end of the file and when it isn't it deletes it. Any thoughts -- would like to figure this out as I'm not a real fan of the restreaming that takes place every 15-20 mins with the high def material.

I've included the two .bat programs I use to encode -- the HD versions are listed below. I down-sample using eac3to, to ensure it's 448k and only include the video/audio stream in the .ts. Any thoughts recommendations, ridicule would be most welcome!

-Tim

startConvert.bat
for %%i IN (*.ts) DO (doConvert.bat "%%i")
pause

doConvert.bat
IF EXIST %%1.mp4 GOTO exit
@echo ————————— >> %1_convert.log
@echo Conversion for %1 started on %DATE% %TIME% >> %1convert.log
ffmpeg -y -i %1 -acodec copy -vcodec libx264 -level 41 -b 9000k -refs 3 -threads 4 -flags2 +mixed_refs+wpred+bpyramid+dct8x8-fastpskip -bf 3 -me_method umh -subq 9 -me_range 16 -qmin 10 -qmax 50 -g 24 -keyint_min 2 -f mp4 %1.mp4
@echo ————– DONE – SUCCESS ———————- >> %1convert.log
:exit
@echo ——————————– >> %1convert.log
@echo %1.vob already exists >> %1convert.log
tdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #2489
mstilwell
MStil

Tivo not seeing streambaby with new wireless adapter

I've installed a new Netgear WNCE3001 Dual Band Wireless adapter using the wireless 'N' band, since doing this I cannot see streambaby on the Tivo. It shows up when I switch back to the Logittech squeezebox classic which I was using as a bridge. I've tried all setting that I can get to but don't understand what could be blocking the Tivo from seeing HME app. I can post debug data if it would help but I couldn't see any issues there. Anybody have any idea's?
mstilwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #2490
Iluvatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdoane View Post
I've run into an issue that I am rather stumped by. When I stream videos from my server to Tivo there is no encoding that takes place. When I use the push option, it pushes as one would expect and is watchable without a hitch. However, once it gets to the end of the push, the file disappears from the Tivo even while I'm watching it. Almost feels like Tivo is expecting something on the tail end of the file and when it isn't it deletes it. Any thoughts -- would like to figure this out as I'm not a real fan of the restreaming that takes place every 15-20 mins with the high def material.

I've included the two .bat programs I use to encode -- the HD versions are listed below. I down-sample using eac3to, to ensure it's 448k and only include the video/audio stream in the .ts. Any thoughts recommendations, ridicule would be most welcome!

-Tim

startConvert.bat
for %%i IN (*.ts) DO (doConvert.bat "%%i")
pause

doConvert.bat
IF EXIST %%1.mp4 GOTO exit
@echo ————————— >> %1_convert.log
@echo Conversion for %1 started on %DATE% %TIME% >> %1convert.log
ffmpeg -y -i %1 -acodec copy -vcodec libx264 -level 41 -b 9000k -refs 3 -threads 4 -flags2 +mixed_refs+wpred+bpyramid+dct8x8-fastpskip -bf 3 -me_method umh -subq 9 -me_range 16 -qmin 10 -qmax 50 -g 24 -keyint_min 2 -f mp4 %1.mp4
@echo ————– DONE – SUCCESS ———————- >> %1convert.log
:exit
@echo ——————————– >> %1convert.log
@echo %1.vob already exists >> %1convert.log
It's not really not possible to know 100% why a file is being kicked off from the TiVo. There is just something it doesn't like. If you only use the push function of streambaby then I would move to pyTivo which is what the push function is based on and is actively developed and supported.

Windows Install instructions:

http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/i...indows_Install

and
for OS X
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote