TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-06-2010, 10:46 AM   #1861
txporter
One sec, almost done

@Yog: Not sure if you are transcoding your own files or not. In my case, my wife and I always have the captions on, so I just hardcode the subs/captions. Is that something that would work for you?
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #1862
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yog View Post
EDIT: I constructed an mp4 file with added captions by using ffmeg to transcode the video and audio (h.264 + DTS, so the video didn't really need it but audio did) to mp4/h.264/ac3 5.1, then used mkvextract to pull the captions out of the mkv as an srt file, then used mp4box to add the captions back to the mp4 file, and pushed it to the tivo using SB. At first, I was excited, since the CC option on the tivo display bar was "lit" and I could flip it to on, but alas, the captions didn't display. :sigh:
I'd be curious if the subtitles worked when pushed with pyTivo instead of Streambaby. I think streambaby probably does a bunch of manipulations on the mp4 even when pushing vs streaming that pyTivo won't do.

I have been thinking about adding some more subtitle capabilities to streambaby to:
1) Support more formats
2) Support embedded subtitles from an MP4 container

Not sure when I'll get to it however.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #1863
Yog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
I'd be curious if the subtitles worked when pushed with pyTivo instead of Streambaby. I think streambaby probably does a bunch of manipulations on the mp4 even when pushing vs streaming that pyTivo won't do.

I have been thinking about adding some more subtitle capabilities to streambaby to:
1) Support more formats
2) Support embedded subtitles from an MP4 container

Not sure when I'll get to it however.
I don't have pyTivo installed, since streambaby looked like it did everything I wanted and it worked well for me. I could give it a try.

If SB does anything to the mp4s, it's not very CPU intensive, since it just seemed to push it with near idle CPU. What sort of things do you do? Manipulate the container and streams to be more palatable to the Tivo or something? Honestly, I'm not even sure what else is out there, since I'm pretty new to the series 3/HD.

I deleted the file I created with the added subbies. But it wouldn't be difficult to create it again and try it with pyTivo. I think I'd also have to install Python on the XP box I do all this on though. I doubt it could use Cygwin Python.

Meanwhile, I've managed to successfully find a way to repackage MKVs into mp4s without needing to transcode. Well actually I had to transcode the audio from DTS to AC3, since AFAIK Tivo doesn't do DTS natively. ffmpeg was only used to transcode the DTS audio to AC3 while extracting that stream into a file, which was then repackaged with the extracted video with mp4box into an mp4 file. Way faster on my relatively slow hardware (I really need to build a core i7 box or something). This streamed nicely with SB to the tivo without transcoding.
Yog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #1864
superflysocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post
I've found that mp4 containers with AC3 audio are not universally played by all devices. For example, my PS3 will not play them (I get video with no sound). I also get audio dropouts on my Tivo when I try to play them (streamed or pushed). The audio dropouts may be a problem with my receiver or something else on my end, but it is much safer to use 2 channel aac encoded audio. You may want to play the files on something else other than the Tivo at some point. There are some shows where you may think you need 6 channel sound, but try to keep the bit-rate low.

As for the best program, there are many choices. It sort of depends on how many options you want. You might want to try kmttg and select one of the encoding options. I edited the PS3 based options for a higher bitrate (5k instead of 2k) and they seem to play fine on my Tivo, PC, and PS3. kmttg is good for setting up lots of files to encode and then letting it run over night. What I use the most often, however, is RipBot. It gives me more control, but is slower (no fast and easy way to give it a list of files and tell it to process them all). The aforementioned MeGui is another good choice; it gives you lots of control, but you have to know more about encoding to take full advantage of it.
Edit: I believe Nero Encode will also produce an MP4 file that may work on the Tivo, but I've never tried it.
So can megui be used as a one step process or do i have to demux the movie first, then convert 6 ch aac to 2 channel aac and remux? Is there anything that will automate this?

Can I use kktmg for files other than .tivo files to convert mp4 with 6 channel aac to 2 channel aac w/o transcoding video?

I would love a program or script that will take a mp4 with 6 ch aac and convert it to mp4 with 2 ch aac w/o transcoding video.
superflysocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #1865
Yog

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
So can megui be used as a one step process or do i have to demux the movie first, then convert 6 ch aac to 2 channel aac and remux? Is there anything that will automate this?

Can I use kktmg for files other than .tivo files to convert mp4 with 6 channel aac to 2 channel aac w/o transcoding video?

I would love a program or script that will take a mp4 with 6 ch aac and convert it to mp4 with 2 ch aac w/o transcoding video.
I'm not sure about the others you mention, but there's a program for Xbox360 users called XenonMKV which takes MKVs with multi chan audio can converts them to mp4s with stereo AAC so they play on the 360. It does this by transcoding only the audio and repackaging it. This would obviously work for the Tivo too.

For the Tivo, I've just been doing this "by hand" using ffmpeg, mkvextract, and mp4box. The procedure I recently used for doing MKV,h.264,DTS -> MP4,h.264,AC3 was:
  1. ffmpeg -y -vn -i movie.mkv -acodec ac3 -ab 256k movie.ac3 (extract and transcode the DTS audio to AC3 ... I used 256k for bitrate since it was roughly DTS_bitrate/6)
  2. mkvextract.exe tracks movie.mkv 1:movie.h264 (extract video from mkv, which was in track/stream #1, which it almost always is. If it isn't, substitute the proper track # for "1:".)
  3. MP4Box.exe -add movie.h264 -add movie.ac3 -fps 23.976 movie.mp4 (combine the extracted video and extracted/transcoded audio into a new mp4 container. The -fps argument is important for the audio to be properly synched, because mp4box seems to make bad assumptions about the frame rate. Get the FPS to plug in here from the original video using a tool like mediainfo, ffmpeg, mkvinfo, etc etc. The more precise the better.)

This is obviously much faster than transcoding the entire video/audio. And if it were say an MKV with AC3 audio, you wouldn't even need to transcode anything, just extract with mkvextract and recombine with mp4box into an mp4 container.

BTW, I'm doing this on my windows game box, which happens to have the fastest CPU. I'm using the mkvmerge and mp4box which comes with XenonMKV, and the ffmpeg which comes with Streambaby.

Last edited by Yog : 01-06-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #1866
superflysocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yog View Post
I'm not sure about the others you mention, but there's a program for Xbox360 users called XenonMKV which takes MKVs with multi chan audio can converts them to mp4s with stereo AAC so they play on the 360. It does this by transcoding only the audio and repackaging it. This would obviously work for the Tivo too.

For the Tivo, I've just been doing this "by hand" using ffmpeg, mkvextract, and mp4box. The procedure I recently used for doing MKV,h.264,DTS -> MP4,h.264,AC3 was:
  1. ffmpeg -y -vn -i movie.mkv -acodec ac3 -ab 256k movie.ac3 (extract and transcode the DTS audio to AC3 ... I used 256k for bitrate since it was roughly DTS_bitrate/6)
  2. mkvextract.exe tracks movie.mkv 1:movie.h264 (extract video from mkv, which was in track/stream #1, which it almost always is. If it isn't, substitute the proper track # for "1:".)
  3. MP4Box.exe -add movie.h264 -add movie.ac3 -fps 23.976 movie.mp4 (combine the extracted video and extracted/transcoded audio into a new mp4 container. The -fps argument is important for the audio to be properly synched, because mp4box seems to make bad assumptions about the frame rate. Get the FPS to plug in here from the original video using a tool like mediainfo, ffmpeg, mkvinfo, etc etc. The more precise the better.)

This is obviously much faster than transcoding the entire video/audio. And if it were say an MKV with AC3 audio, you wouldn't even need to transcode anything, just extract with mkvextract and recombine with mp4box into an mp4 container.

BTW, I'm doing this on my windows game box, which happens to have the fastest CPU. I'm using the mkvmerge and mp4box which comes with XenonMKV, and the ffmpeg which comes with Streambaby.
thanks for this, except most of my movies are mp4 already, just with multichannel aac.
superflysocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #1867
realgtom
TiVo Addict

OK...new user of streambaby...I have 5 TiVo Series3s/HDs scattered around the house. About to move streambaby from an old WHS to a new media center pc running Windows7 x64. This thread will be really helpful.

I first want to thank Keary and any others for this piece of art. It is awesome. I am in the process of ripping a bunch of DVDs for streambaby to stream from. I hope I can list a few issues in the spirit of providing constructive feedback for improvement - since if the product didn't change at all it would still be super awesome.

Some of the issues I have noticed running streambaby 0.27 on XP WHS SP3 for a week or so now:

1. My ripping software rips 1GB .VOB files (usually 4-5 per DVD) each in their own folder. Streambaby definitely delays as it transfers between files. Would be nice if the next file was buffering a bit to queue up the next file.

2. TiVo "time bar" (position bar?) often shows the wrong total time (sometimes even as little as 2 seconds) and often skips right to the end of the time bar even though there is a substantial about of time left in the file to play. Am going to stitch the VOB files together on one of my DVDs to see whether this fixes the issue.

3. I am using the DVDXML.com for windows client to download the DVD cover art (named as "folder.jpg") and create an XML file which links to the DVDID synopsis information. Would be nice if the folder browser would detect for these files and show the cover art and synopsis. (Example DVDID XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Disc><Name>The Princess Bride</Name> <ID>16EC5C92|EC059662</ID></Disc>). This is the material that Media Center on a PC uses for synopsis information. Not sure if this is publicly available as a webservice GET though.

4. I may have missed this option - but is it possible to browse by chapter break in the VOB files using the channel up/down button on the TiVo remote?

5. Strange image caching during fast forward: my ripping software names all of the ripped files using the same format: VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB, etc. When I fast forward, I see the jpeg images flashing by from other movies that I have fast forwarded through the same time segment. (Not a huge deal - but uncomfortable when my kids are watching Finding Nemo and a violent scene from Dark Knight comes flashing on the screen during fast-forwards).

6. I see the same streambaby program dropouts as the others. Pretty consistently after changeovers between adjacent files.

Not huge complaints - awesome job!
realgtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #1868
Yog

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
thanks for this, except most of my movies are mp4 already, just with multichannel aac.
Yeh this "recipe" can be changed for just about any audio or video format. Just transcode the AAC multichan to AC3 multichan. ffmpeg should be able to do this I'm pretty sure.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:06 PM   #1869
asherber

I'm a new user, and while streaming to my TivoHD works perfectly out of the box, I can't seem to get push to work -- or maybe I'm just not understanding. I added the username and password to streambaby.ini, Push shows up as an option on my Tivo, and when I click that the Tivo says 'Push succeeded'. Shouldn't this wind up transferring the file to the Tivo so it shows up under 'Now Playing'? I'm on Windows XP, Streambaby 0.27.

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Nevermind, got it -- I didn't realize that the push doesn't begin right away. Works great -- love this app.

Last edited by asherber : 01-08-2010 at 11:15 PM.
asherber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #1870
realgtom
TiVo Addict

Quick question - can i use streambaby to stream two different movies to two different Tivos (assuming I have enough network bandwidth to do it)?

Edit - "two different movies to two different TiVos simultaneously..."
Old 01-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #1871
mj1856

Audio out of sync

Sorry if this has already been posted, but it's so difficult to sort through all the various posts to know what's current and what's already been resolved.

I have the latest StreamBaby 0.27, and I'm having audio sync issues when streaming. If I play on my computer, the audio is in perfect sync. If I push to the tivo using StreamBaby's push feature, the audio is still in perfect sync. But when I stream the file directly, audio is out of sync the majority of the time.

I have ripped the content from dvd's that I own and encoded via handbrake's "normal" profile. I have a hunch that there's something I can change in the advanced settings that would fix this, but I'm not sure what. I've seen so many various different handbrake settings discussed, but they all seem to be related to the video, which looks fine to me. I'm just using AC3 passthru, so I don't understand how it's getting so out of sync. What am I missing?

Can anyone tell me the specific handbrake or streambaby setting that I need to adjust? Please don't give me a whole string of settings - I just want to know which one will fix the audio sync issue.

Thanks,
Matt
mj1856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #1872
MrGolden

Quote:
Originally Posted by realgtom View Post
Quick question - can i use streambaby to stream two different movies to two different Tivos (assuming I have enough network bandwidth to do it)?

Edit - "two different movies to two different TiVos simultaneously..."
I don't know if it's "supposed" to work, but I have done that before successfully.
MrGolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #1873
realgtom
TiVo Addict

MrGolden that's awesome news. Thanks!
Old 01-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #1874
realgtom
TiVo Addict

Another thought on an enhancement: I am putting all of my DVDs on my NAS to make a DVD library for streambaby. I would expect that the list of movies will be lengthly (300-400 entries). Would be nice if I could use the numeric keypad on the TiVo remote touch-tone-telephone style to jump to a movie on the folder listing that begins with a particular letter: e.g., press 9 once for W, again for X, again for Y, again for Z, etc.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #1875
moyekj

Quote:
Another thought on an enhancement: I am putting all of my DVDs on my NAS to make a DVD library for streambaby. I would expect that the list of movies will be lengthly (300-400 entries). Would be nice if I could use the numeric keypad on the TiVo remote touch-tone-telephone style to jump to a movie on the folder listing that begins with a particular letter: e.g., press 9 once for W, again for X, again for Y, again for Z, etc.
Better off to organize your movies into folders instead of 1 giant flat structure.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #1876
realgtom
TiVo Addict

Has anyone else noticed the "caching" of jpeg images during fast forwarding? If I fast forward a movie, then play a different movie and fast forward that through the same time segments, I see the jpegs during fast-forward from the earlier movie, not the current movie? Kind of wondering if I missed a .ini setting or something.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #1877
ke6rwj

IP address binding...

Seems to bind to loopback IP for MDNS, if i put an ip in the INI, without the IP it just picks one from the configured IPS, includeing ones used for VMs.

So the tivo never gets the Multicast, hence no show in showcases...

Linux Centos 5.

Code:
dir.1=/share/Movies

dir.1.name=My Videos

#dir.2=/media/disk

#dir.2.name=External Drive

# Ip address to bind to

# most people don't need to change this. 

ip=192.168.1.111

# port to use

#port=7290
Code:
Initializing StreamBaby v0.27...
01/10/10 13:36:40 StreamBabyConfig: WorkingDir: /root/Desktop/streambaby-0.27
01/10/10 13:36:40 StreamBabyConfig: StreamBabyDir: /root/Desktop/streambaby-0.27
01/10/10 13:36:40 StreamBabyConfig: CurDir: /root/Desktop/streambaby-0.27
01/10/10 13:36:40 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loading avutil, default: avutil
01/10/10 13:36:40 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loaded: /usr/lib/libavutil.so.49.15.0
01/10/10 13:36:40 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loading avcodec, default: avcodec
01/10/10 13:36:41 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loaded: /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.52.20.0
01/10/10 13:36:41 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loaded avCodec version: 52 (3412992)
01/10/10 13:36:41 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loading avformat, default: avformat
01/10/10 13:36:41 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loaded: /usr/lib/libavformat.so.52.31.0
01/10/10 13:36:41 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loaded avFormat version: 52 (3415808)
01/10/10 13:36:41 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loading swscale, default: swscale
01/10/10 13:36:41 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loaded: /usr/lib/libswscale.so.0.7.1
01/10/10 13:36:41 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Marking libswscale as available.
01/10/10 13:36:42 FFmpegJavaVideoModule: FFmpeg-java Module: loaded
01/10/10 13:36:42 FFmpegExeVideoModule: FFmpegPath: ffmpeg
01/10/10 13:36:42 FFmpegExeVideoModule: FFmpegExeModule: Loaded
01/10/10 13:36:42 StreamBabyMain: STARTING StreamBaby v0.27...
01/10/10 13:36:42 Main: args= start=true
01/10/10 13:36:42 Main: args= loader=sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@fabe9
01/10/10 13:36:42 Listener: config=com.tivo.hme.host.util.Config_1e3cd51 logger=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.utils.Log$ILoggerImpl@bc8e1e
01/10/10 13:36:42 Listener: factoryList=[StreamBabyStreamFactory[/streambaby/,Stream, Baby, Stream]]
01/10/10 13:36:42 Listener: factory=StreamBabyStreamFactory[/streambaby/,Stream, Baby, Stream]
01/10/10 13:36:42 Listener: name=/streambaby/
01/10/10 13:36:42 Listener: 
01/10/10 13:36:42 Listener: added factory
01/10/10 13:36:42 Main: factory=StreamBabyStreamFactory[/streambaby/,Stream, Baby, Stream]
01/10/10 13:36:42 Main: MDNS: [LINK REMOVED TO POST]://127.0.0.1:7290/streambaby/
01/10/10 13:36:42 Main: streambaby ready & listening.
01/10/10 13:36:42 Main: mdns_type=_tivo-hme._tcp.local. factory=StreamBabyStreamFactory[/streambaby/,Stream, Baby, Stream] port=7290
current Ifconfig

Code:
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:16:E6:02:07:04  
          inet addr:192.168.1.111  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::216:e6ff:fe02:704/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:12188498 errors:0 dropped:837 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:13064394 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:3646634 txqueuelen:100 
          RX bytes:1507932242 (1.4 GiB)  TX bytes:3749269480 (3.4 GiB)
          Memory:d0080000-d00a0000 

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback  
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          RX packets:544657 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:544657 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0 
          RX bytes:286972187 (273.6 MiB)  TX bytes:286972187 (273.6 MiB)

it will also attempt to bind to VIRIP from VMWARE when they are there... sometimes it tries to bind to those IP even when they are DOWN, ie not in ifconfig listing.

Ideas? Thanks

Chris

Last edited by ke6rwj : 01-10-2010 at 02:07 PM.
ke6rwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:55 AM   #1878
Jayboy3

Can I install Streambaby to stream from a Windows PC to a Linux computer?

I use a Windows 7 machine as my main media server (with Tivo Desktop and two Tivo HD boxes).

But downstairs, I have a Linux PC laptop that I use as an additional computer station. It is hooked to an HD monitor. So is there a Linux app I can install on it to make it behave like a client to receive streams from Windows Media Player upstairs?
Jayboy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:56 AM   #1879
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayboy3 View Post
Can I install Streambaby to stream from a Windows PC to a Linux computer?

I use a Windows 7 machine as my main media server (with Tivo Desktop and two Tivo HD boxes).

But downstairs, I have a Linux PC laptop that I use as an additional computer station. It is hooked to an HD monitor. So is there a Linux app I can install on it to make it behave like a client to receive streams from Windows Media Player upstairs?
VLC will do this. I use this command line in a batch file to transcode and stream to a friend, where www.xxx.yyy.zzz is my friend's IP address:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe"  %1  --extraintf http --http-host 192.168.0.30:8085 --http-src "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\http" --aspect-ratio=4:3 --sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=1400,scale=1,acodec=mp4a,ab=96,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=www.xxx.yyy.zzz:1234}}
At my friend's house, he uses VLC to "open network stream", and specifies udp port 1234 (mrl should look like "udp://@:1234").

Last edited by orangeboy : 01-11-2010 at 06:05 AM.
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:36 AM   #1880
kearygriffin

Quote:
1. My ripping software rips 1GB .VOB files (usually 4-5 per DVD) each in their own folder. Streambaby definitely delays as it transfers between files. Would be nice if the next file was buffering a bit to queue up the next file.

2. TiVo "time bar" (position bar?) often shows the wrong total time (sometimes even as little as 2 seconds) and often skips right to the end of the time bar even though there is a substantial about of time left in the file to play. Am going to stitch the VOB files together on one of my DVDs to see whether this fixes the issue.

3. I am using the DVDXML.com for windows client to download the DVD cover art (named as "folder.jpg") and create an XML file which links to the DVDID synopsis information. Would be nice if the folder browser would detect for these files and show the cover art and synopsis. (Example DVDID XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Disc><Name>The Princess Bride</Name> <ID>16EC5C92|EC059662</ID></Disc>). This is the material that Media Center on a PC uses for synopsis information. Not sure if this is publicly available as a webservice GET though.

4. I may have missed this option - but is it possible to browse by chapter break in the VOB files using the channel up/down button on the TiVo remote?

5. Strange image caching during fast forward: my ripping software names all of the ripped files using the same format: VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB, etc. When I fast forward, I see the jpeg images flashing by from other movies that I have fast forwarded through the same time segment. (Not a huge deal - but uncomfortable when my kids are watching Finding Nemo and a violent scene from Dark Knight comes flashing on the screen during fast-forwards).
There are definitely some issues with streambaby and streaming VOB files that haven't been merged (or merged correctly...) I would like to address this at some point, but it's a pretty significant job to try and handle DVD structures correctly and I haven't had the time to investigate properly.

The problem with the caching during FF is due to the filenames being the same (VTS_01.01 for example) for all of the DVDs, and streambaby only looking at the filename and not the directories. You can disable "preview" image generation for MPG files by adding the following line in streambaby.ini:
preview.autogenerate=false
and then deleting everything in the streambaby/cache directory. Streambaby will then only display the time when FF/rewinding MPG files (VOBs).

I'll have to take a look at the DVDXML mechanism, I had never heard of it before...

Old 01-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #1881
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6rwj View Post
Seems to bind to loopback IP for MDNS, if i put an ip in the INI, without the IP it just picks one from the configured IPS, includeing ones used for VMs.
Use the SVN version of streambaby:
http://streambaby.googlecode.com/fil...y-svn-r262.zip

V0.27 had problems binding to the correct IP addresses.

(I really need to upload a 0.28, 0.27 is very old...)

Old 01-11-2010, 11:13 AM   #1882
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj1856 View Post
Sorry if this has already been posted, but it's so difficult to sort through all the various posts to know what's current and what's already been resolved.

I have the latest StreamBaby 0.27, and I'm having audio sync issues when streaming. If I play on my computer, the audio is in perfect sync. If I push to the tivo using StreamBaby's push feature, the audio is still in perfect sync. But when I stream the file directly, audio is out of sync the majority of the time.

I have ripped the content from dvd's that I own and encoded via handbrake's "normal" profile. I have a hunch that there's something I can change in the advanced settings that would fix this, but I'm not sure what. I've seen so many various different handbrake settings discussed, but they all seem to be related to the video, which looks fine to me. I'm just using AC3 passthru, so I don't understand how it's getting so out of sync. What am I missing?

Can anyone tell me the specific handbrake or streambaby setting that I need to adjust? Please don't give me a whole string of settings - I just want to know which one will fix the audio sync issue.

Thanks,
Matt
Could you try the latest SVN version:

I believe(?) it fixes some issues that could be related to audio/video sync for MP4 files.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #1883
alexnvrmnd

OK, here's my question, and I've looked around for it and I got confused.

I want to set the default quality to "Low 1260KB/s" in the config file, so I won't have to change it for every file I'm viewing. What's the proper code for that?

This is what I put, but I don't think I have it correct: quality.default=1260k

The only reason why I want to set the quality to the second lowest setting is because it seems to make the buffer go faster because the encoder doesn't have to do so much work. But then again, maybe it's my imagination...is it?
alexnvrmnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #1884
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnvrmnd View Post
OK, here's my question, and I've looked around for it and I got confused.

I want to set the default quality to "Low 1260KB/s" in the config file, so I won't have to change it for every file I'm viewing. What's the proper code for that?

This is what I put, but I don't think I have it correct: quality.default=1260k

The only reason why I want to set the quality to the second lowest setting is because it seems to make the buffer go faster because the encoder doesn't have to do so much work. But then again, maybe it's my imagination...is it?
Try
quality.default=2

The number should range from 1=lowest to 7=highest

Old 01-11-2010, 10:07 PM   #1885
realgtom
TiVo Addict

Keary - Thank you so much for your reply. I'll post some more information on DVD XML below. This is a really awesome application - so please take these requests as me selfishly trying to add some cool features for me.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #1886
realgtom
TiVo Addict

DVD XML appears to be a resident HTTP GET for Media Center PCs. For example, placing an XML file in the same folder (apparently with any name) with the content of: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Disc><Name>2001: A Space Odyssey</Name><ID>ADDB5615|BE693425</ID></Disc> will produce the attached synopsis information in Media Center (see screenshot).

I use the windows client from dvdxml.com to download the cover art and DVD ID XML files to put in each folder with my DVDs. This URL has some information on the contents of the XML file.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2001.jpg (81.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #1887
realgtom
TiVo Addict

Quote:
DVD XML appears to be a resident HTTP GET for Media Center PCs. For example, placing an XML file in the same folder (apparently with any name) with the content of: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Disc><Name>2001: A Space Odyssey</Name><ID>ADDB5615|BE693425</ID></Disc> will produce the attached synopsis information in Media Center (see screenshot).

I use the windows client from dvdxml.com to download the cover art and DVD ID XML files to put in each folder with my DVDs. This URL has some information on the contents of the XML file.
This does appear to come from the synopsis database for AMG (All Movie Group) at www.allmovie.com so this may be a subscription database that Windows Media Center is licensed for. Might be a dead end...
Old 01-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #1888
realgtom
TiVo Addict

Quote:
The problem with the caching during FF is due to the filenames being the same (VTS_01.01 for example) for all of the DVDs, and streambaby only looking at the filename and not the directories. You can disable "preview" image generation for MPG files by adding the following line in streambaby.ini:
preview.autogenerate=false
and then deleting everything in the streambaby/cache directory. Streambaby will then only display the time when FF/rewinding MPG files (VOBs).
OK - I do love the JPEG images during FF since it helps find the place in the movie. I'll see if I can figure out how to add a unique prefix to my VOB files maybe by folder name.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:26 AM   #1889
tgrim1

Quote:
Could you try the latest SVN version:

I believe(?) it fixes some issues that could be related to audio/video sync for MP4 files.
This works for me so far. Seems to load/go faster through the menus also.
tgrim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:09 AM   #1890
Hyrax

I looooove streambaby, so this is a request to polish a nearly perfect apple. If what I'm asking for requires a lot of work on your part, please ignore it.

It seems that push is more of a pull. Is it possible to consider having streambaby actually push files to a Tivo without going to my Tivo and select the files? Perhaps a command line argument containing the name of a file that list the files to push would be enough of a UI.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote