TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-21-2009, 10:03 AM   #1801
dbsams

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfryar View Post
Ok, several reasons for the "jerky" video. The main video has a video bitrate of 25 Megs. So if you do not select anything other than same your Streambaby computer is trying to create a 25 Meg per second MPG video. This will be much too large to transfer in real time to your TiVo. If you pause the video on your tivo and let it buffer will the video play smoothly?

When you convert this to a MP4 you should use a bitrate greater than 4, I would suggest 8 Megabits/second for the MP4. Also the main video is interlaced so your conversion to MP4 should also be interlaced or you will get a bit less smooth playback since the deinterlace process can introduce artifacts.

Rick
Rick!

You the man... I'm having to do a batch convert, but the key was the interlace... I still wish I could have figured out how to get streambaby to handle the native files in multiplay mode, but this will work... just takes a few hours off the life of my cpu!

Thanks again! The kids will be reliving the last six years of Christmas whether they like it or not!
dbsams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #1802
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnvrmnd View Post
So, I'm assuming no one has any hints or suggestions about this, huh? Now it's taking over 2 minutes to read things. Anything I should be checking?
I think you already hit the nail on the head.. Since these are network shared directories they are subject to latency, on top of the device speed. Many consumer grade NAS/SAN devices spin down when not accessed for a while and take some time to respond to initial pings.

If you need the convenience of having the files on a remote disk you might want to look into a device that supports eSata as well as USB/Network. The eSata will allow the device to be a local disk to your computer which should solve the network lags.

Otherwise you also asked if Streambaby could be run local on the NAS.. Some NAS systems support Java and can run streambaby to server already compliant movies.. I would not recommend using your NAS to also transcode the movies. I am not familiar with what devices support Java so can not recommend any particular brand.

Best of luck,

Rick
rfryar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:29 AM   #1803
superflysocal

is there a way to have streambaby transcode just the audio, for example, in a mp4 with aac, trancode the 6 channel aac to 2 channel aac, so that I can hear the center channel? (without transcoding video)
superflysocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #1804
kearygriffin

Quote:
So, I'm assuming no one has any hints or suggestions about this, huh? Now it's taking over 2 minutes to read things. Anything I should be checking?
You can try to set the following parameter in streambaby.ini and restarting streambaby:
Code:
use.title=false
This tells streambaby to display the filenames instead of trying to read any available metadata to parse out the "title" of the video. This should speed things up (but I'm not sure how much).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kearygriffin : 12-22-2009 at 11:14 AM.
kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #1805
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsams View Post
... I still wish I could have figured out how to get streambaby to handle the native files in multiplay mode, but this will work... just takes a few hours off the life of my cpu!
I'm still not sure why the quality.default setting didn't work for you... It seems to work for me (based on both the video quality I see and by looking through the logs and seeing the values passed to ffmpeg). This is the test I was running:

1. Downloaded movie from rockinghammarina.com
2. Copy movie to m1.avi, m2.avi, m3.avi through m9.avi
3. Edit streambaby.ini, add line:
Code:
quality.default=1
4. Restart streambaby
5. Navigate to folder containing m1-m9.avi
6. Moved cursor to m2.avi
7. Pressed "Fast forward" button (to play from m2.avi onward)
8. Watched videos m2.avi-m9.avi play on TiVo

All of the videos seemed to be transcoded to the correct bitrate (in my cased 512kbs, the lowest quality)

So I'm not sure exactly what the issue is, but again it is a lightly used feature so it's possible there are some specific circumstances where it has problems (and possibly many circumstances...)

I'm glad to hear the manual transcoding worked (thanks rfryar) and that it is a workable solution.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #1806
alexnvrmnd

Quote:
I think you already hit the nail on the head.. Since these are network shared directories they are subject to latency, on top of the device speed. Many consumer grade NAS/SAN devices spin down when not accessed for a while and take some time to respond to initial pings.

If you need the convenience of having the files on a remote disk you might want to look into a device that supports eSata as well as USB/Network. The eSata will allow the device to be a local disk to your computer which should solve the network lags.

Otherwise you also asked if Streambaby could be run local on the NAS.. Some NAS systems support Java and can run streambaby to server already compliant movies.. I would not recommend using your NAS to also transcode the movies. I am not familiar with what devices support Java so can not recommend any particular brand.

Best of luck,

Rick
Thanks for the insight, Rick. Over the past day or two, the lag time to read the directories has improved a bit, but it definitely is longer than it should be. I hear you on the spin down theory, and while I do agree with you on it, it also happens when it's not just the first time into Streambaby for the session. Ah well. As I said before, the buffering part is what I truly care about, and that's been hit or miss for the past few days. I'm wondering if the fact that my TiVo's on one level, and the router's on another...
alexnvrmnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:24 PM   #1807
alexnvrmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
You can try to set the following parameter in streambaby.ini and restarting streambaby:
Code:
use.title=false
This tells streambaby to display the filenames instead of trying to read any available metadata to parse out the "title" of the video. This should speed things up (but I'm not sure how much).
Thanks a lot, Keary! I'll give this a try when I get home from work. Even if it's just a little bit faster, it's better than what it's been doing (though, it has been getting a LITTLE better lately).
Old 12-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #1808
superflysocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
is there a way to have streambaby transcode just the audio, for example, in a mp4 with aac, trancode the 6 channel aac to 2 channel aac, so that I can hear the center channel? (without transcoding video)
is this possible or ever going to be possible? if not what is the easisest way to go from 6 channel mp4+aac to 2 channel mp4+aac?

edit: found this somewhere on internet as an argument for ffmpeg. Can someone make sense of this and where it would go and would it work:

-acodec libfaac -ac 2 -ar 48000 -ab 192k

if this argument can transcode aac 6 channel to 2 channel, how do i use this to force all mp4 to use this while disabling video transcode?

Last edited by superflysocal : 12-23-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:33 PM   #1809
kearygriffin

Quote:
is this possible or ever going to be possible? if not what is the easisest way to go from 6 channel mp4+aac to 2 channel mp4+aac?

edit: found this somewhere on internet as an argument for ffmpeg. Can someone make sense of this and where it would go and would it work:

-acodec libfaac -ac 2 -ar 48000 -ab 192k

if this argument can transcode aac 6 channel to 2 channel, how do i use this to force all mp4 to use this while disabling video transcode?
Currently this is not technically possible to do on-the-fly (meaning can't be done within streambaby) due to the way MP4 files are formatted.

Streambaby can transcode the video & audio on-the-fly to MPEG2, by setting a quality other than "same".

Old 12-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #1810
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
Currently this is not technically possible to do on-the-fly (meaning can't be done within streambaby) due to the way MP4 files are formatted.

Streambaby can transcode the video & audio on-the-fly to MPEG2, by setting a quality other than "same".
Perhaps you can start the MP4 generation process to initially create the MP4 file. If you need a real file for the atom you can pass parameters to FFMPEG to just generate a few seconds to create an interum MP4 file.

You can use that temporary file to get some of the ATOM data to kick off the stream? I am not sure what data is included in the ATOM, but I know with other format things like length and file size can be approximated from the initial input file.

Then once you have the ATOM pass the raw MP4 from FFMPEG to the TiVo? Possible? I also would love to be able to store my MP4s with full surround AAC instead of reducing the audio to stereo.

One other question.. Does Streambaby support multiple audio streams? Or the TiVo? If it can ignore secondary audio tracks perhaps I can have two audio tracks, the primary being stereo and the secondary track have the full surround data?

Thanks for the excellent work!

Rick
Old 12-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #1811
kearygriffin

Quote:
One other question.. Does Streambaby support multiple audio streams? Or the TiVo? If it can ignore secondary audio tracks perhaps I can have two audio tracks, the primary being stereo and the secondary track have the full surround data?
If I remember correctly for MP4 files, the internal streambaby code strips out all but the first audio track (and video track for that matter). So as long as the audio stream you want the TiVo to play comes before the second audio track, this should work.

For MPEG-2 files the audio is passed directly to the TiVo and I have no idea how it chooses which audio track to use. (I really haven't played too much with this)

As far as the transcoding just the audio in MP4, I guess now that I am thinking about it more *might* be technically possible. In general the problem is the MP4 header has to contain an index that contains an exact position in the file where audio/video for each time period exists. For video this isn't possible ahead of time, because (I think, I'm getting in a little over my head here) even with CBR the exact size of each frame of video is not exactly predictable ahead of time.

For audio however (again, I'm not really familiar with how AC3/AAC encode audio) if CBR really means that the size of every "frame" of audio is *exactly* predictable, it would be theoretically possible to pregenerate the index in the MP4 header.

Having said that, it would be *alot* of work, and I'm don't think I'm really up for it... I'm more in the mode of hoping TiVo will at some point support h.264 in an mpeg-ts which doesn't require the index to be sent ahead of time. This would open up a whole range of possibilities.

Edit: It would probably also not be too much work to add some additional logic in the MP4 code to "prefer" an AC3 track over an AAC track if the MP4 file has both.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:13 PM   #1812
lupette

The conversation above is rather complicated for me so I hesitate to mention what you all probably already know . . .but just in case it's of use to anyone . . .there is a work around using YAMB. It's the only program that I know of that trans codes just the audio, so it's not so cpu intensive. I can only get it to work sometimes though, because I don't know how to extract the 2 channel stereo from the 6 channel, so if the 2 channel is not already available to me, I am lost. Anyone know how to do that?
lupette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #1813
superflysocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupette View Post
The conversation above is rather complicated for me so I hesitate to mention what you all probably already know . . .but just in case it's of use to anyone . . .there is a work around using YAMB. It's the only program that I know of that trans codes just the audio, so it's not so cpu intensive. I can only get it to work sometimes though, because I don't know how to extract the 2 channel stereo from the 6 channel, so if the 2 channel is not already available to me, I am lost. Anyone know how to do that?

i can never get yamb to work in demuxing. I drop in a file and it does nothing, doesn't even show the components of it. I have gotten my mp4box gui to work though.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:22 PM   #1814
lupette

Chris I can't help you and I really wish I could because now I am having the same problem (or a similar one). Sigh . . . I think it may have something to do with Bonjour service but not sure.
lupette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:45 AM   #1815
jcthorne

Quote:
If you will build the mp4 file with 6 channel ac3 audio instead of aac or recode the audio to ac3 you can push/stream the 5.1 audio to the tivo.

Tivo supports full 5.1 audio in mp4 files if you use the ac3 codec. It only supports stereo audio on aac files because it cannot encode ac3 on the fly, only pcm stereo. The digital audio output of the tivo cannot output an aac stream so why send it?

If you are looking for an easy conversion from mkv to mp4 that only recodes the audio if necessary, do a search for orangeboy and get his batch file. Configured specificly for tivo.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:

Last edited by jcthorne : 12-24-2009 at 10:06 AM.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:38 PM   #1816
superflysocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
If you will build the mp4 file with 6 channel ac3 audio instead of aac or recode the audio to ac3 you can push/stream the 5.1 audio to the tivo.

Tivo supports full 5.1 audio in mp4 files if you use the ac3 codec. It only supports stereo audio on aac files because it cannot encode ac3 on the fly, only pcm stereo. The digital audio output of the tivo cannot output an aac stream so why send it?

If you are looking for an easy conversion from mkv to mp4 that only recodes the audio if necessary, do a search for orangeboy and get his batch file. Configured specificly for tivo.

problem is most internet files out there are either mp4 with multichannel aac or mkv with ac3. Yes, I can turn mp4+aac to mp4+ac3, but nothing else (ie Popcorn Hour )plays mp4+ac3 except tivo and computer which means I would have 2 versions of the movie stored instead of one central storage. I even tried making a mp4 with 2 channel aac and it didn't work. I demuxed with My Mp4box GUI (Yamb wouldn't work for me), convert 6aac to 2 channel aac with mediacoder then remuxed with Yamb or My mp4box GUI. When i play the file, i just get a black screen with streambaby. If I can get this to work, I can then do 2 channel aac in first audio stream and multichannel aac in second audio stream.

I will look at orangeboy batch also.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:24 PM   #1817
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
I even tried making a mp4 with 2 channel aac and it didn't work. I demuxed with My Mp4box GUI (Yamb wouldn't work for me), convert 6aac to 2 channel aac with mediacoder then remuxed with Yamb or My mp4box GUI.
I convert 6 Channel AAC audio down to stereo using the MeGUI package on windows.

I think it uses faac under the covers but works great. It also has a front end for MP4Box to do the remuxing (It does not demux through the GUI). Just remember to select ISMA mode on the mux.

If you still have issues with the black screen, make sure the audio bitrate and frequency are set correctly.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:15 AM   #1818
jcthorne

Quote:
I convert 6 Channel AAC audio down to stereo using the MeGUI package on windows.

I think it uses faac under the covers but works great. It also has a front end for MP4Box to do the remuxing (It does not demux through the GUI). Just remember to select ISMA mode on the mux.

If you still have issues with the black screen, make sure the audio bitrate and frequency are set correctly.
MeGui will demux via the GUI. Click tools, HD Stream Extractor.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:21 AM   #1819
jcthorne

Quote:
problem is most internet files out there are either mp4 with multichannel aac or mkv with ac3. Yes, I can turn mp4+aac to mp4+ac3, but nothing else (ie Popcorn Hour )plays mp4+ac3 except tivo and computer which means I would have 2 versions of the movie stored instead of one central storage. I even tried making a mp4 with 2 channel aac and it didn't work. I demuxed with My Mp4box GUI (Yamb wouldn't work for me), convert 6aac to 2 channel aac with mediacoder then remuxed with Yamb or My mp4box GUI. When i play the file, i just get a black screen with streambaby. If I can get this to work, I can then do 2 channel aac in first audio stream and multichannel aac in second audio stream.

I will look at orangeboy batch also.
MKV with AC3 is an easy convet to mp4 with ac3, see the batch file I referred to previously.

I am curious what popcorn hour (or any CE device player) does with an AAC 6 channel track? SPDIF digital audio output does not support AAC encoding so how does it output the audio? Does it convert to AC3 6 channel on the fly? had not seen a hardware based CE device that does that level of conversion on the fly yet. Perhaps there is a software update for your popcorn hour player to support the full mp4 spec which includes ac3 audio?
Mux and mp4 with AC3 6 channel as the first audio trac and 2 channel AAC as the second? MeGUI can do that.

Old 12-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #1820
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
MeGui will demux via the GUI. Click tools, HD Stream Extractor.
Thanks, I only ever used that to demux Blu Rays and not MP4s directly.

Rick
Old 12-25-2009, 10:59 AM   #1821
superflysocal

Quote:
MKV with AC3 is an easy convet to mp4 with ac3, see the batch file I referred to previously.

I am curious what popcorn hour (or any CE device player) does with an AAC 6 channel track? SPDIF digital audio output does not support AAC encoding so how does it output the audio? Does it convert to AC3 6 channel on the fly? had not seen a hardware based CE device that does that level of conversion on the fly yet. Perhaps there is a software update for your popcorn hour player to support the full mp4 spec which includes ac3 audio?
Mux and mp4 with AC3 6 channel as the first audio trac and 2 channel AAC as the second? MeGUI can do that.

popcorn passes aac as either bitstream to the receiver or pcm. If bitstream, most receiver does not decode aac. If pcm then it becomes 2 channel which then leaves the receiver convert that 2 channel to multichannel, which is not bad if you have a decent receiver but not ideal.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #1822
ksalwitz

Hi gang,
Great product love the way it works. I do have an issue that I'm trying to resolve. I am trying to run StreamBaby on PC "A" (win 7 home premium) and point to directories on PC "B" (same os). I can't get any of the files/directories except the highest level directory to show up on my Tivo with this set up. INI file is as follows:

#
# ./streambaby --help for more configuration file options
#

dir.1=\\Office-pc\E:\tv\BBT
dir.1.name=My TV Shows
#dir.2=/media/disk
#dir.2.name=External Drive
# Ip address to bind to
# most people don't need to change this.
ip=192.168.1.100
# port to use
#port=7290

Keep in mind that this DOES work if I run StreamBaby on PC "B" and point to the same directory locally. It does not appear to be a permissions issue as I can copy files from PC to PC (both directions) to the same directories. I prefer to run the StreamBaby on PC "A" as I'm using it to do all of the "Traffic Cop" duties for my Tivo's. One additional note: PC "A" is 32Bit PC "B" is 64Bit.

Thanks
Ken

Humax Series 2 Tivo - T800 - Tivo Wireless (soon to retire)
Series 2 Tivo TCD54080 - Tivo Wireless
2 HD TCD652160-cable card (MS)-Tivo Wireless SDV
Wireless networked - Linksys WRT54G

ksalwitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:42 AM   #1823
Frankoz2

Hi All,

I've loved using Steambaby over the last 6-12 months. I know that Oz Tivo have done something with a software update that has scuttled Streambaby, and I know there are many disgruntled users out there.

Kearygriffin, thanks for your efforts mate; but please put me out of my misery. If a fix can't be made to Tivo in Australia, please let us know so that we can move on.

I know a number have offered their help and I reiterate that offer now (to the extent that I can). Just let us know if it is a lost cause!

rgds
Frankoz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #1824
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksalwitz View Post
dir.1.name=My TV Shows
Since streambaby usually runs as a system user it may not have access to this share. Also shouldn't it be \\Office-pc\e$\tv\BBT?

What I have done on my PC is to set up a drive letter to the network share. This seemed to work when I accessed remote media on my Windows PCs.

Hope that helps,

Rick
Old 12-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #1825
cburbs

ksalwitz

Try it like this -

dir.1=\\Office-pc\E\tv\BBT
dir.1.name=My TV Shows
cburbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:51 AM   #1826
alexnvrmnd

Quote:
Hi gang,
Great product love the way it works. I do have an issue that I'm trying to resolve. I am trying to run StreamBaby on PC "A" (win 7 home premium) and point to directories on PC "B" (same os). I can't get any of the files/directories except the highest level directory to show up on my Tivo with this set up. INI file is as follows:

#
# ./streambaby --help for more configuration file options
#

dir.1.name=My TV Shows
#dir.2=/media/disk
#dir.2.name=External Drive
# Ip address to bind to
# most people don't need to change this.
ip=192.168.1.100
# port to use
#port=7290

Keep in mind that this DOES work if I run StreamBaby on PC "B" and point to the same directory locally. It does not appear to be a permissions issue as I can copy files from PC to PC (both directions) to the same directories. I prefer to run the StreamBaby on PC "A" as I'm using it to do all of the "Traffic Cop" duties for my Tivo's. One additional note: PC "A" is 32Bit PC "B" is 64Bit.

Thanks
Ken
What I would do is map a drive on PC A to the "TV" directory on PC B. Make it your E drive. Then, have your script like this:

dir.1=E:\BBT
dir.1.name=My TV Shows

I do this with my setup because I have a NAS server, and I've created a share on my laptop to the directory that houses most of my media. Made it my E drive, as well, and here's part of the script I used:

dir.1=E:\My Videos
dir.1.name=All My Videos

Give this a try. And make sure the permissions for that directory on PC B is set so "Everyone" can access it.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #1827
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankoz2 View Post
Hi All,

I've loved using Steambaby over the last 6-12 months. I know that Oz Tivo have done something with a software update that has scuttled Streambaby, and I know there are many disgruntled users out there.

Kearygriffin, thanks for your efforts mate; but please put me out of my misery. If a fix can't be made to Tivo in Australia, please let us know so that we can move on.

I know a number have offered their help and I reiterate that offer now (to the extent that I can). Just let us know if it is a lost cause!

rgds
I think the bottom line is that currently no one knows:
1) If the Oz TiVo Box even supports any kind of streaming (it is used on the US box for YouTube, which is not available on the aussie boxes) Netflix uses a completely different mechanism than YouTube/streambaby and I don't expect it to be a viable alternative to the YouTube method.
2) Even if it does still support streaming, how to figure out how to make it work (again, on the US boxes the TiVo YouTube service was originally reverse engineered to figure it out)

So at least for the time being I think we are stuck without some information from TiVo (which is not a realistic expectation) or some intrepid Aussie hacker can somehow come up with some more information (and I'm not even sure how anyone would go about doing this...)

Old 12-27-2009, 03:34 PM   #1828
ksalwitz

Mapped Drive

Quote:
What I would do is map a drive on PC A to the "TV" directory on PC B. Make it your E drive. Then, have your script like this:

dir.1=E:\BBT
dir.1.name=My TV Shows

I do this with my setup because I have a NAS server, and I've created a share on my laptop to the directory that houses most of my media. Made it my E drive, as well, and here's part of the script I used:

dir.1=E:\My Videos
dir.1.name=All My Videos

Give this a try. And make sure the permissions for that directory on PC B is set so "Everyone" can access it.
This worked perfect. I swear I tried this and it didn't work, but I'm sure it was a "user error" :-) the first time. Thanks for everyone's replies.

Cheers,
Ken

Humax Series 2 Tivo - T800 - Tivo Wireless (soon to retire)
Series 2 Tivo TCD54080 - Tivo Wireless
2 HD TCD652160-cable card (MS)-Tivo Wireless SDV
Wireless networked - Linksys WRT54G

ksalwitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #1829
alexnvrmnd

Quote:
This worked perfect. I swear I tried this and it didn't work, but I'm sure it was a "user error" :-) the first time. Thanks for everyone's replies.

Cheers,
Ken
Cool! I'm glad it worked for you!! Now, maybe someone can help me find the reason why I keep getting "Error 0xffff" or something similar error messages. It doesn't happen every single time, but it's getting a little too frequent lately for my tastes.

I resolve it by restarting the TiVo and Streambaby, but I don't want to have to do that all the time. Streambaby is quick to restart, but the TiVo is a nuisance. When it happens to one file, it happens from that point forward. That's when I have to restart things.

But, why does this keep happening? That's the million dollar question. They're normal AVI files, also.

Windows 7 32-bit
Wireless-g
TiVo HD
Old 12-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #1830
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
Cool! I'm glad it worked for you!! Now, maybe someone can help me find the reason why I keep getting "Error 0xffff" or something similar error messages. It doesn't happen every single time, but it's getting a little too frequent lately for my tastes.
I am not sure why they keep happening but I see them occasionally as well. At least on my server I have noticed that the FFMPEG process is not always shutting down cleanly. So if I get the 0xfffff error and trying again does not work (This seems to work a lot as well), then I can go to my server and kill the FFMPEG process and it will work.

I wish I knew what caused the hanging process to begin with but at least this work around works for me.

Now another 0xffffff error that comes up is after watching a large bitrate blur ray conversion. This means that Streambaby is rebuffering 5-10 times in a movie. Occassionally it will fail to restream and give that error. In this case it is the TiVo's webserver crashing and it has to be restarted. moyekj's kmttg tool has an option to force the webserver to recycle and it seems to take care of this other issue.

Hope these tips help you track it down.

Rick

Last edited by rfryar : 12-28-2009 at 11:12 AM.