TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #151
dermanj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
Drop the -ac 6 from that, or you will find some movies won't work (any movie that has more than 2 but not exactly 6 channels will break.. since I assume your system can easily play 4 channel, or 7.1 channel inputs, there's no reason to try and force everything to 6-channel). Without -ac 6, ffmpeg will just default to keeping whatever were the number of channels in your original movie
Dropped the -ac param altogether, as suggested. Seems to be working great. Thanks Yoav.
dermanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #152
abnersnell

First, I am a long time user of pyTivo, tivostream, kmttg, and now Streambaby. My wife, family, and I would like to thank krkeegan, moyekj, wmcbrine, wgw, and kearygriffin for all of their hard work on these programs.

This is by no means a feature request, but I just want to know if it is technically possible for Streambaby to support metadata and the ability to read commercial cut marks while streaming without requiring the actual "cut" step.

Thanks again!

Abner

PS - Where can I donate?
abnersnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #153
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnersnell View Post
This is by no means a feature request, but I just want to know if it is technically possible for Streambaby to support metadata and the ability to read commercial cut marks while streaming without requiring the actual "cut" step.
metadata support is pretty easy, assuming you are simply talking about having the helper .txt file with same name as video file being streamed. tivostream already supported that (info included all that information) albeit the text display of information was very lousy - I never had much incentive to clean that up.
Similarly reading a helper ascii file with identified commercial cut points (such as comcut can produce for example) would be technically pretty easy to do as well. However I have yet to find a very precise automatic commercial detection program and prefer to cut out commercials myself with a video editor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #154
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayabb View Post
Has anyone gotten this to run with Galleon and Windows. I tried windracer's suggestions but got an error on the tivo side
What error? Anything in the log.txt file when you try? The latest version (0.19a) is still working for me.

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #155
lrhorer

Quote:
Wow, if that wasn't meant to be offensive, I don't know what is.
I did not flame anyone, use abusive language, or denigrate any aspect of the product except as it relates to its suitability for my needs. Even then I did not disparage the software for the fact, merely reported it in a calm, even tone.

Quote:
Dude, you don't like it. Don't use it. The pause-rebuffer thing is a workaround for the fact that the current tivo software will not allow a streaming buffer bigger than 1.1G.
I am aware of that. I was aware of it with tivostream.

Quote:
This is a workaround for larger files.
I am aware of that, as well. I never said it wasn't a valiant effort, or that the software coding left anything to be desired. We're working under an extremely severe limitation, here, and I applaud the effort to circumvent it.

Quote:
If you absolutely can't stand it, you can do one of three things:

1) Convince the tivo coders to increase the buffer in an upcoming release.
That's going to have to happen (or something with the same end result), one way or another, before streaming will be truly practical on the TiVo. That, or H.264 downloading needs to be enabled.

Quote:
2) Use a non-streaming application like pytivo.
I do just that. Currently, such applications cannot download H.264 content to the Tivo except by transcoding, which defeats half the reason for coding as H.264.

Quote:
3) Make sure your movies are smaller when you encode.
First of all, I don't encode them, so there's no way for me to make sure of anything. Secondly, there is no way a 3 hour, 20 Gig, high bandwidth 1080i HD movie can be re-encoded to below 1.1G with acceptable PQ, MPEG 4 or not. By re-coding to H.264, I might reasonably be able to manage 10 or 12G, but nowhere near 1.1G.

Last edited by lrhorer : 01-24-2009 at 10:00 PM.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:08 PM   #156
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Then streaming is not for you (at least while this 1.1GB limitation exists).
Which I believe is precisely what I said in my post.

Quote:
This is a step up compared to other HME streamers that simply can't play beyond the 1st buffer full point.
True. It's just not quite a large enough step for my needs.

Quote:
Short of help from Tivo at this point it's going to be hard to discover how to overcome this 1.1GB buffer limitation. Fairly sure there is a way since Netflix/Tivo is able to overcome it (perhaps by turning off buffering on Tivo completely).
Also true. I have temporarily alleviated the storage crunch on my video server by installing more drives in the RAID array. At some point, however, I would like for storage efficiency to increase via the abilities of H.264 encoding. What's more, storage space is only half the battle. With MPEG 2 streams sometimes exceeding the capabilities of the TiVo to transfer from the server in real time, one is faced with either starting the transfer beforehand, or encountering pauses throughout the program.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:39 PM   #157
bluehz

Thanks keary for this great implementation!

Windracer (howdy neighbor, I'm in Sarasota) - I was able to get streambaby running in Galleon using your instructions, and it shows up fine, but when I attempt to access the menu I get this error:
INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - Unexpected error: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method com.tivo.hme.sdk.Application.setContext(Lcom/tivo/hme/interfaces/IContext;I)V from class com.tivo.hme.sdk.FactoryPlus
Any ideas? Streambaby works fine when run outside Galleon.

BTW - this is under Ubuntu 8.0.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
Ok, quick and dirty instructions for running streambaby though Galleon (this was on Ubuntu, so for Windows users YMMV):

- copy all the jar files from streambaby's jbin and lib directories to galleon's hme directory
- copy the streambaby.ini file to galleon's bin directory and edit as you wish
- add the following line to launcher.txt in the hme directory (it took me a while to figure this part out):
Code:
com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabyStream
Start up Galleon! In log.txt you should see the app be published:

Code:
03:04:30,319  INFO [WrapperListener_start_runner] AppHost - MDNS: http://192.168.1.65:7288/streambaby/
And it should appear on the Music, Photos, & Showcases menu.

Other log events should be written to log.txt as well.

keary ... very nice work! I like having the ability to change the app name in the menu (works) and specify passwords (haven't tried yet).

One small request: hide directories that start with a dot (or make this a configurable setting like the extension hide). My video library has .meta directories containing the meta information files for pyTiVo. I don't really need those to show up in streambaby's menus.

Man I wish streaming worked on the S2s. This is really cool stuff ...

bluehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:08 PM   #158
bluehz

Works great! MacBook 10.5.x was streaming MP4 output from iMovie with no problems. Although the framerate appeared to be a bit off.. could just be my eyes at this time of night.

Quote:
Hmm.. *IF* you're ok with trying out beta-level software, go to the pytivox download page at http://code.google.com/p/pytivox/downloads/list and download the latest beta (1.1b2). This has the 0.17 streambaby in there, and you can choose to use pytivo, streambaby, or both. Keep in mind you can only stream to a tivo 3 / HD.

Tell me if things seem broken (I'll try and figure out if it's a bug in pytivox or streambaby, and if so, forward it up the chain).

Old 01-24-2009, 11:09 PM   #159
windracer
joined the 10k club

Ah, to bluehz and ajayabb ... make sure you've added the following line to wrapper.conf (under Galleon's conf directory):

Code:
wrapper.java.classpath.4=/usr/share/galleon/hme/*.jar
(replacing /usr/share/galleon with the location of Galleon on your own machine). So the section near the top should look like this:

Code:
#JmDNS needs to be first, it replaces the older version in hme-host-sample-1.4.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.2=/usr/share/galleon/lib/jmdns-1.0.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.3=/usr/share/galleon/lib/*.jar
I always forget I've added that. After doing that, restart Galleon. If that works for you two I'll update my instructions accordingly.

|
Old 01-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #160
bluehz

That was it - thx! Works great now!

Quote:
Ah, to bluehz and ajayabb ... make sure you've added the following line to wrapper.conf (under Galleon's conf directory):

Code:
(replacing /usr/share/galleon with the location of Galleon on your own machine). So the section near the top should look like this:

Code:
#JmDNS needs to be first, it replaces the older version in hme-host-sample-1.4.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.2=/usr/share/galleon/lib/jmdns-1.0.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.3=/usr/share/galleon/lib/*.jar
I always forget I've added that. After doing that, restart Galleon. If that works for you two I'll update my instructions accordingly.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:52 PM   #161
windracer
joined the 10k club

Great! I've updated my original post with the new instruction.

|
Old 01-24-2009, 11:55 PM   #162
abnersnell

Quote:
Similarly reading a helper ascii file with identified commercial cut points (such as comcut can produce for example) would be technically pretty easy to do as well. However I have yet to find a very precise automatic commercial detection program and prefer to cut out commercials myself with a video editor.
Thanks for the info!

Would it be safe to assume that once the stream hit one of these commercial cut points that the "skip" would be instant as long as the next starting point was in the current buffer? I would expect to see the "please wait" if it was after the buffer point.

This probably wouldn't be so much of an issue because the "skip" wouldn't be so far ahead that the buffer wouldn't be there.

I used to have this functionality using a program called "GB-PVR". It is my understanding that it operated like you described, reading a file with cut points generated from comskip/comcut programs.

Thoughts?
abnersnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:13 AM   #163
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnersnell View Post
Thanks for the info!

Would it be safe to assume that once the stream hit one of these commercial cut points that the "skip" would be instant as long as the next starting point was in the current buffer? I would expect to see the "please wait" if it was after the buffer point.

This probably wouldn't be so much of an issue because the "skip" wouldn't be so far ahead that the buffer wouldn't be there.

I used to have this functionality using a program called "GB-PVR". It is my understanding that it operated like you described, reading a file with cut points generated from comskip/comcut programs.

Thoughts?
I *believe* you're gonna have to make the 'skip' happen on the streambaby side (so on the tivo, it would believe that this is just a normal movie -- its just what it gets is already cut up).. As it is reading the file, it is going to have to serve up the cut-up stream. I don't believe ffmpeg (the program that is currently used to re-encode movies) supports edit lists (mencoder does, but I think ffmpeg doesn't). I also think that the streaming program is supposed to indicate how long the movie is when queried, which gets a little messier if there are cut lists. Finally, simple cuts generally cause audio/video sync issues. So a bunch of re-encoding would probably have to be done...

Anyways, these are just guesses of mine. Not claiming any of this is impossible, but that it's not a trivial 'add this flag' change.

Is there a reason you prefer to save the original movie plus an edit list instead of just saving the editted movie and serving that up?

Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:39 AM   #164
moyekj

I think the commercial skipping would be pretty simple implemented something like:
* Before starting playback parse the cut file to find all the time ranges to skip
* Send normal uncut video stream to Tivo
* When commercial cut point is reached simply skip ahead length of commercial. If buffer is long enough then no new stream is needed, else start a new stream if needed.

i.e. It's basically like watching a normal full stream but with periodic automatic jump ahead points.
BTW, this is precisely how ReplayTV automatically skips commercials upon playback (with aid of it's own generated cut file).

Having said all that like I said I would prefer to just cut commercials out myself so wouldn't see much value in this.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:48 AM   #165
Yoav

Quote:
I think the commercial skipping would be pretty simple implemented something like:
Interesting. Didn't know that the streamer can tell the tivo where to go in the buffer. Clever

Old 01-25-2009, 07:30 AM   #166
ajayabb

Quote:
What error? Anything in the log.txt file when you try? The latest version (0.19a) is still working for me.
Made the changes you recommended, but still getting an error.

Heres the Log

08:20:24,875 INFO [WrapperListener_start_runner] Server - Could not find TiVo Beacon service
08:20:24,875 INFO [WrapperListener_start_runner] BroadcastThread - High frequency enabled
08:20:24,875 INFO [WrapperListener_start_runner] Server - Broadcast port=2190
08:20:33,265 INFO[ListenThread] BroadcastThread - High frequency enabled
08:20:54,906 INFO [MediaRefreshThread] MediaRefreshThread - Refreshing media for: C:\Documents and Settings\AJAY\My Documents\My Music\All Songs
08:21:22,734 INFO[ListenThread] BroadcastThread - High frequency enabled
08:23:10,937 INFO [MediaRefreshThread] MediaRefreshThread - Refreshing media took 136 seconds
08:23:38,281 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - 192.168.1.7 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /Music/
08:23:39,078 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - 192.168.1.7 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /MusicOrganizer/
08:23:44,406 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - 192.168.1.7 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /Photos/
08:23:44,578 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - 192.168.1.7 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /Podcasting/
08:23:44,609 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - 192.168.1.7 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /Weather/
08:23:44,656 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - 192.168.1.7 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /TrafficCameras/
08:23:44,687 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - 192.168.1.7 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /ToGo/
08:23:44,718 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - 192.168.1.7 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /streambaby/
08:23:50,203 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - Unexpected error: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method com.tivo.hme.sdk.Application.setContext(Lcom/tivo/hme/interfaces/IContext;I)V from class com.tivo.hme.sdk.FactoryPlus
08:24:05,609 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - 192.168.1.7 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /Music/
08:24:05,703 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - 192.168.1.7 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /MusicOrganizer/
08:24:05,750 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - 192.168.1.7 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /Photos/
08:24:05,937 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - 192.168.1.7 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /Podcasting/
08:24:05,968 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - 192.168.1.7 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /Weather/
08:24:06,000 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - 192.168.1.7 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /TrafficCameras/
08:24:06,078 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - 192.168.1.7 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /ToGo/
08:24:06,109 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - 192.168.1.7 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /streambaby/

Here's my Wrapper Txt

#*********************************************************** *********
# Wrapper Properties
# Java Application
wrapper.java.command=java

# Java Main class
wrapper.java.mainclass=org.lnicholls.galleon.server.ServiceW rapper

# Java Classpath (include wrapper.jar) Add class path elements as
# needed starting from 1
wrapper.java.classpath.1=../conf
wrapper.java.classpath.2=../lib/*.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.4=../hme/*.jar
# Java Library Path (location of Wrapper.DLL or libwrapper.so)
wrapper.java.library.path.1=../lib

# Java Additional Parameters
#wrapper.java.additional.1=-Droot=C:\Documents and Settings\jtk\My Documents\Eclipse-local\galleon
#wrapper.java.additional.2=-Dconf=../conf
#wrapper.java.additional.3=-Dcache=../data
#wrapper.java.additional.4=-Dlogfile=../logs/log.txt
#wrapper.java.additional.5=-Dlogs=../logs
#wrapper.java.additional.6=-Ddata=../data
#wrapper.java.additional.7=-Dapps=../apps
#wrapper.java.additional.8=-Dhme=../hme
#wrapper.java.additional.9=-Dskins=../skins
#wrapper.java.additional.10=-Dskins=../bin
#wrapper.java.additional.11=-Djava.awt.headless=false

# Initial Java Heap Size (in MB)
#wrapper.java.initmemory=64

# Maximum Java Heap Size (in MB)
wrapper.java.maxmemory=128

# Application parameters. Add parameters as needed starting from 1
#wrapper.app.parameter.1=

wrapper.startup.timeout=120

# Wrapper Logging Properties
# Format of output for the console. (See docs for formats)
wrapper.console.format=LPM

# Log Level for console output. (See docs for log levels)
wrapper.console.loglevel=ERROR

# Log file to use for wrapper output logging.
wrapper.logfile=../logs/wrapper.log

# Format of output for the log file. (See docs for formats)
wrapper.logfile.format=LPTM

# Log Level for log file output. (See docs for log levels)
wrapper.logfile.loglevel=INFO

# Maximum size that the log file will be allowed to grow to before
# the log is rolled. Size is specified in bytes. The default value
# of 0, disables log rolling. May abbreviate with the 'k' (kb) or
# 'm' (mb) suffix. For example: 10m = 10 megabytes.
wrapper.logfile.maxsize=5m

# Maximum number of rolled log files which will be allowed before old
# files are deleted. The default value of 0 implies no limit.
wrapper.logfile.maxfiles=5

# Log Level for sys/event log output. (See docs for log levels)
wrapper.syslog.loglevel=ERROR

wrapper.request_thread_dump_on_failed_jvm_exit=TRUE
#wrapper.filter.trigger.1=java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
#wrapper.filter.action.1=RESTART

2 Roamio Plus Tivos
1 Tivo Mini
Running Pytivo and Streambaby
ajayabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #167
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayabb View Post
Made the changes you recommended, but still getting an error.

08:23:50,203 INFO [Acceptor] AppHost - Unexpected error: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method com.tivo.hme.sdk.Application.setContext(Lcom/tivo/hme/interfaces/IContext;I)V from class com.tivo.hme.sdk.FactoryPlus
Hmm ... same error as bluehz originally.

Ah, I wonder if the classpaths have to be sequential. I see in your wrapper.conf that you don't have a classpath.3 like I do. So try making your hme line classpath.3 instead of .4 and see if that helps.

|
Old 01-25-2009, 09:50 AM   #168
windracer
joined the 10k club

Is there a way to "skip" the initial folder in streambaby?

Example: my videos are under /mnt/media/Video. The folders under there are like Movies, TV Shows, Misc, etc. In my streambaby.ini file I have:

dir.1=/mnt/media/Video
dir.1.name=Main Library

So when I pick streambaby from the menu, I get a "Top Level" screen that just has "Main Library" and then I click on that to see my actual folder structure.

I know I could just define multiple directories directly in streambaby.ini, but was wondering if there was a less manual method. Maybe I'm just being lazy.

|
Old 01-25-2009, 10:08 AM   #169
ajayabb

Quote:
Hmm ... same error as bluehz originally.

Ah, I wonder if the classpaths have to be sequential. I see in your wrapper.conf that you don't have a classpath.3 like I do. So try making your hme line classpath.3 instead of .4 and see if that helps.
Well that fixed the problem. Now for some reason most of my videos files come up as an incompatible files stream yet they streamed fine before without Galleon. I tried to add the extensions in the wiki but it didnt seem to work. Should the extensions be typed as .avi vs avi .?

2 Roamio Plus Tivos
1 Tivo Mini
Old 01-25-2009, 10:22 AM   #170
ajayabb

It appears that the only format that will play is an mp4.

2 Roamio Plus Tivos
1 Tivo Mini
Old 01-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #171
windracer
joined the 10k club

I think most, if not all, of what I've tested so far through Galleon is mp4. It's possible I'm still missing something in the setup that is preventing the transcoding from working.

I'll play around a bit this afternoon ...

|
Old 01-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #172
fyodor

Hi

Thanks for putting this together. This is a fantastic program. I was wondering if there was any plan to support embedded metadata for mp4 files.

Thanks
F
fyodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:40 PM   #173
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoek View Post
I can't seem to get the password feature to work on a directory... when I specify dir.1.password=roger,tomcat, the folder does not show in streambaby.
Any ideas?

Also, I don't always get sound from my DVD rip VOB files. I added the -ac 6 switch to the ffmpeg.transcode line and it appeared to work. Perhaps this should be the default?
It sounds like at some point you already entered a password into streambaby, and it "remembers' it, so doesn't ask you again. (And its not tomcat or roger, so the folder does not show up.)
Try pressing the clear button on the selection screen. It should re-ask for your password.

Note: I also made a mental note that a couple of people don't want streambaby to remember the password. (The way I use it is different tivo's have access to different folders, so I like it remembering). I'll made a config option in a future version.

I'm also going to remove the -ac parameter completely from the default ffmpeg transcode line, as it seems that has the best results for people.
kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #174
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyodor View Post
Hi

Thanks for putting this together. This is a fantastic program. I was wondering if there was any plan to support embedded metadata for mp4 files.

Thanks
F
What kind of support are you looking for? Are you talking about (like moyejk was talking about in tivostream) putting more information in the "info" box when info is pressed? (And for that matter, on what I call the "play" screen, the screen that asks if you want to play from beginning or restart from where you left off).

I do have some plans on doing something with pyTivo metadata (and probably some other formats) but it's not on the front burner just at the moment. I could also do MP4 metadata if you point me in the right direction as to what tags/info I could expect to get out of MP4's.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #175
westside_guy
Annoyingly ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
I think that should solve most of the problems reported so far-- The only exceptions being:
-- Audio sync issues w/MP4 videos
-- Possibly issues with green/random blocks at the beginning of MP4 videos

My guess is I am going to have to get my hands on one of the MP4's that exhibit these issues. I haven't seen any of these problems with the MP4's that I have.
Well, obviously I have one of these available. I have no problem with getting one to you, but they're kinda big (400 megs or so). While making a shorter rip could likely still demonstrate the green/random block problem at the beginning, it probably wouldn't be the best example of the audio sync problem (since the offset seems to vary throughout the video).
westside_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #176
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by westside_guy View Post
Well, obviously I have one of these available. I have no problem with getting one to you, but they're kinda big (400 megs or so). While making a shorter rip could likely still demonstrate the green/random block problem at the beginning, it probably wouldn't be the best example of the audio sync problem (since the offset seems to vary throughout the video).
Thanks. If it would be possible to PM me a link or an ftp site (or whatever) that I could grab one of the problematic videos from, that would be great.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:20 PM   #177
kearygriffin

Quote:
Update: This is related to the MP4Streaming module. If I transcode with ffmpeg, I'm getting 6-channel correctly, but for some reason the mp4 module is streaming 2-channel audio instead of 6 channel (and yes, the file has an ac-3 6 channel audio stream).

Here is something interesting from the log:
Code:
01/24/09 12:51:17 FFmpegExeVideoModule: FFmpegCmd: /Applications/pyTivoX.app/Contents/Resources/ffmpeg -i /Volumes/External Disk/movies
/Musicals/Mamma Mia!.mp4
01/24/09 12:51:17 FFmpegExeVideoModule: VideoInfo:
uri: file:/Volumes/External%20Disk/movies/Musicals/Mamma%20Mia!.mp4, Container: mp4, Duration: 6518.1 seconds
Video: h264 1280x720 0.0 fps
  PixAspect: 1.0, Aspect: 1.7777778
Audio: aac 48000HZ 0 channels
(note the 0 channels)
The 0 channels shouldn't matter, it just means that I am parsing the ffmpeg output incorrectly. Streambaby doesn't actually use that information. If you don't mind posting the output of ffmpeg -i for that video file however, I might as well fix it.

But I have no idea why you would be only getting 2 channels from MP4. The MP4 module shouldn't(?) be messing with that stuff.

A couple of questions:
1) Does the MP4 have more than one audio stream? I've never tested this, and am not sure what will currently happen.
2) Does tivostream get the full surround sound with these files?
Old 01-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #178
westside_guy
Annoyingly ephemeral

Quote:
Thanks. If it would be possible to PM me a link or an ftp site (or whatever) that I could grab one of the problematic videos from, that would be great.
Heh. I just found out my website is down right now. As soon as they resolve the problem, I'll upload it and PM you the info.

I should note that I just installed 0.19a and may not be seeing a significant audio sync issue now. The green blocks are still there, though. 0.19a crashed on java 1.5 for me as soon as I tried to view an mp4 video; but it seems to be running fine with java 1.6.
westside_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #179
Yoav

Quote:
The 0 channels shouldn't matter, it just means that I am parsing the ffmpeg output incorrectly. Streambaby doesn't actually use that information. If you don't mind posting the output of ffmpeg -i for that video file however, I might as well fix it.

But I have no idea why you would be only getting 2 channels from MP4. The MP4 module shouldn't(?) be messing with that stuff.

A couple of questions:
1) Does the MP4 have more than one audio stream? I've never tested this, and am not sure what will currently happen.
2) Does tivostream get the full surround sound with these files?
1) I believe it only has one audio stream (sorry, I just tracked down an mp4 to view, my rips are generally mkv's).
2) I have never tried tivostream, so don't know. What I can say for sure is that I can get 6 channel audio from transcoded streams in streambaby.

Here is the output of ffmpeg on the file:
Code:
Yoavs-iMac:Musicals yoav$ /Applications/pyTivoX.app/Contents/Resources/ffmpeg -i Mamma\ Mia\!.mp4 
FFmpeg version SVN-r16724, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
  configuration: --arch=i386 --disable-vhook --disable-shared --enable-static --enable-pthreads --disable-mmx --enable-gpl --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libx264 --enable-swscale --extra-cflags=-I/Users/yoav/src/lame/include -I/Users/yoav/src/faad2/include -I/Users/yoav/src/faac/include -I/Users/yoav/src/x264 --extra-ldflags=-L/Users/yoav/src/lame/libmp3lame/.libs -L/Users/yoav/src/faad2/libfaad/.libs -L/Users/yoav/src/faac/libfaac/.libs -L/Users/yoav/src/x264/
  libavutil     49.14. 0 / 49.14. 0
  libavcodec    52.11. 0 / 52.11. 0
  libavformat   52.25. 0 / 52.25. 0
  libavdevice   52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0
  libswscale     0. 6. 1 /  0. 6. 1
  built on Jan 22 2009 20:28:40, gcc: 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5484)
Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'Mamma Mia!.mp4':
  Duration: 01:48:38.10, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 3213 kb/s
    Stream #0.0(und): Video: h264, yuv420p, 1280x720, 23.98 tb(r)
    Stream #0.1(und): Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16
At least one output file must be specified
I truncated the file to 40M and uploaded it here:
http://yoav.org/files/test.mp4
It's definitely a 5.1 channel ac-3 audio stream in the source, and yet
when I stream to the tivo, I end up with a 2-channel stream (according to
the amplifier). Other streams that are sent (mkv files that are converted
by streambaby) work as 5.1 fine.

note: can you tell me once you've downloaded the file so I can delete it? Thanks...

Last edited by Yoav : 01-25-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:10 PM   #180
fyodor

I was thinking of something really basic like (a) having the description show up when you select "info" and possibly having the "title" field show up in some form when you browse.

Here's a list of the metadata supported by the MP4 file format.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...hp/t68441.html

Thanks

Quote:
What kind of support are you looking for? Are you talking about (like moyejk was talking about in tivostream) putting more information in the "info" box when info is pressed? (And for that matter, on what I call the "play" screen, the screen that asks if you want to play from beginning or restart from where you left off).

I do have some plans on doing something with pyTivo metadata (and probably some other formats) but it's not on the front burner just at the moment. I could also do MP4 metadata if you point me in the right direction as to what tags/info I could expect to get out of MP4's.

fyodor is offline   Reply With Quote