TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-11-2009, 06:29 AM   #1711
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfryar View Post
Update: Found this entry, will give it a try and get back to you..
preview.autogenerate=false
Ok with thumbnail generation off there is only Java process still holding all the files open after I play them. So now I am stumped as to what else is left..

Rick
rfryar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #1712
Chuck Clayton

Quote:
The first thing I would do is to turn off the IPv6 stack. This confuses Java at least on my Vista builds.. It is easy to turn off and check to see if this is the issue.

The second thing to inspect is your windows Firewall settings to ensure the ports listed in your INI are correctly open.

Rick
I've disabled Ipv6 and created a new inbound firewall rule to allow TCP port 7290. The Tivo still does not see the StreamBaby stream.

I've updated the sterambaby.ini file to specify the IP of the Tivo but that caused a bunch of Java errors and the program exits:

--
dir.1=C:\Users\Chuck Clayton\Videos
dir.1.name=Voyager2 Videos

# Ip address to bind to (Tivo IP)
ip=192.168.113.21

# port to use
port=7290
--

--
C:\Program Files (x86)\streambaby-svn-r253>streambaby.bat
Initializing StreamBaby svn-r253...
java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source)
at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(Unknown Source)
at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.tivo.hme.host.http.server.HttpServer$PortInterface.<init >(HttpServer.java:204)
at com.tivo.hme.host.http.server.HttpServer$Port.<init>(HttpSer ver.java:169)
at com.tivo.hme.host.http.server.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.ja va:79)
at com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.host.Listener.<init>(Liste ner.java:103)
at com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.host.Main.<init>(Main.java :137)
at com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabyMain.main(Stream BabyMain.java:152)
error: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind
usage: Main [--port <port>] [--ip <ip>] class

Exited.
--

If I don't specify the IP, the program runs fine but Tivo does not see it.

I will note that my local subnet is 192.168.113 where most people are probably on 192.168.1, could that be the problem?

PC StreamBaby: 192.168.113.20
the TiVo is: 192.168.113.21.

Still, I'm unclear on how the TiVo would see the stream anyway. I start the server on the PC, does the TiVo always scan the network looking for servers or is there something I have to do to the TiVo to get it to look for the server?

I've tried manually setting up a server using the TiVo and the IP of the PC running StreamBaby but still no luck.

The instructions for StreamBaby seem so easy. Download the file, edit the .ini and run the .bat. I need to get my TiVo to read the instructions because it is oblivious to the StreamBaby software running on my PC.
Chuck Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:49 AM   #1713
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Clayton View Post
I've disabled Ipv6 and created a new inbound firewall rule to allow TCP port 7290. The Tivo still does not see the StreamBaby stream.

I've updated the sterambaby.ini file to specify the IP of the Tivo but that caused a bunch of Java errors and the program exits:

--

# Ip address to bind to (Tivo IP)
ip=192.168.113.21

# port to use
port=7290
--
PC StreamBaby: 192.168.113.20
the TiVo is: 192.168.113.21.
The ip= in the INI file should be the IP address of the PC running streambaby (not the TiVo), so in your case it should be
ip=192.168.113.20

Streambaby will then bind to this address and "broadcast" it over the network, where the TiVo will see the broadcast and know there is an HME server running on it.

I don't know if this will fix the initial issue, but it is worth a try.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:52 PM   #1714
Chuck Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
The ip= in the INI file should be the IP address of the PC running streambaby (not the TiVo), so in your case it should be
ip=192.168.113.20

Streambaby will then bind to this address and "broadcast" it over the network, where the TiVo will see the broadcast and know there is an HME server running on it.

I don't know if this will fix the initial issue, but it is worth a try.
I set the .ini IP to my IP and StreamBaby ran fine with no errors, ready and listening.

Still no sign of StreamBaby on the Tivo

Turned windows firewall completely off and still no-go. Maybe it's a windows 7 issue.
Chuck Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:17 PM   #1715
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Clayton View Post
I don't run streambaby on Windows, so this is a guess, but have you tried taking the spaces out of your path and name? Maybe try using the short directory name like C:\Users\ChuckC~1\Videos (or whatever the short version is) and then just "Videos" for the name?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #1716
pearcele

Access denied error when running Batch file?

I am a newbie trying to get the streambaby.bat file to run on my PC.

I am running Vista Home Premium (64-bit)....The batch file seems to be getting a bunch "access denied" errors, as evidenced in the command window, and I am concerned I may not have modified the batch file to run Java correctly....

I haven't seen this problem in the forum - can someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!
pearcele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:43 PM   #1717
pearcele

Sorry ---> to be specific the errors are "SimpleLog Error: Error opening log file for writing: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\streambaby-0.27\streambaby.log (Access is denied)"

and

"C:\Program Files (x86)\streambaby-0.27\ffmpeg-dist.tar.bz2.tmp (Access is denied)"

Seems strange??
Old 11-11-2009, 10:15 PM   #1718
Rdian06

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearcele View Post
Sorry ---> to be specific the errors are "SimpleLog Error: Error opening log file for writing: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\streambaby-0.27\streambaby.log (Access is denied)"

and

"C:\Program Files (x86)\streambaby-0.27\ffmpeg-dist.tar.bz2.tmp (Access is denied)"

Seems strange??
Vista does not let users write to Program Files sub-folders normally. It's a security feature. Right click on the bat file and choose Run as Administrator.

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #1719
pearcele

Wow! right on target Rdian06 --> it worked like a charm!

thanks!
Old 11-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #1720
kearygriffin

Quote:
Ok with thumbnail generation off there is only Java process still holding all the files open after I play them. So now I am stumped as to what else is left..

Rick
I think I took care of the last file handle being held open for MP4 files:
http://streambaby.googlecode.com/fil...y-svn-r262.zip

Thanks for the help.

kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 04:22 PM   #1721
gmoney88

cover browser possible?

is it possible to customize the look of the file browser ? I'd like to have the ability to browse cover images (like media center)
gmoney88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:22 PM   #1722
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
I think I took care of the last file handle being held open for MP4 files:
http://streambaby.googlecode.com/fil...y-svn-r262.zip
Thank you! It works like a charm now. Well at least with Thumbnail generation disabled. I will have to troubleshoot why that feature does not work for me, but since I never really jump around in my videos I have never missed it.

Thanks again!

Rick
Old 11-14-2009, 11:05 PM   #1723
PWF

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWF View Post
Has anyone else noticed a problem lately with StreamBaby taking forever to buffer? Video playback used to happen almost immediately, now I can pause it for 5 minutes and still not have a big enough buffer for uninterrupted playback. I haven't changed anything on my PC lately.

Amd Athlon 64 X2 Dual 4600+
2 GB ram
XP Pro Sp3

StreamBaby 0.27
I tracked down the error. It was a combination of things, but the main issue was that Cox is upgrading their service again and my cable modem could not "keep up" with their network. So it would drop its connection every minute or two and give out a new IP address to my router. That would tie up my router and it would stop transmitting over wireless for a bit while it reconnected to the cable modem.

I ran cat5e to my living room and I now have gigabit ethernet, bypassing the router. I also replaced my cable modem.

The last issue I have been seeing is that when rebuffering my audio signal sometimes flips front to back. If I go back to the menu and then continue playing where I left off it fixes itself, but it's a bit annoying.
PWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:05 PM   #1724
BrianVeg

Windows 7 64 bit

I've got Stream Baby to run on my windows 7 64 bit machine but when I go to my Tivo I can only see the top level directory. I can't see any folders or any files in that directory.

Any ideas?
BrianVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #1725
Pepito

Arrow

Just a quick note

Australia misses StreamBaby

Greetings from Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Pepito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:08 PM   #1726
rhoelzer

I use Hamachi and StreamBaby tries to use my Hamachi IP. If I set it manually to 192.168.15.108 in the ini file it uses 192.168.56.1. If I disable Hamachi and set it back to automatic it works.

Anybody seen this and/or have a solution?
rhoelzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:52 PM   #1727
lesliew

Streambaby on QNAP TS-639 NAS

Today I installed streambaby on my QNAP NAS and have had mixed success with it. JRE_6_X86 for Linux also installed.

I just wanted to know if you could help clear up a few questions. BTW I have been running pyTivo on the same NAS almost flawlessly for months now. I have 2 S3 Tivo's

When I startup the streambaby application I get the following error
"FFmpegJavaVideoModule: Unable to load FFmpeg native libraries", is this significant ?

When trying to run some video formats I sometimes get "ERROR: resource unavailable", is this a result of the above ?

Occasionally I get the message rebuffering whilst streaming a movie, Viewing the same movie via pyTivo, the movie plays fine, no pauses. Does streambaby need more bandwidth or is it just more processor intensive.

Any help to clear up the above errors or tips on how to make it work better would be appreciated.

To be quite honest I'm surprised I got this working at all especially after I saw the JAVA requirement. I'm sure I will have more questions in time, back to seeing what else I can do with it.

Thanks
Leslie
Old 11-26-2009, 07:50 AM   #1728
dm_

Sigh. No news on the .au lack of streaming capability I guess?
dm_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:32 AM   #1729
superflysocal

I love this application!! Thanks so much.

I am in a bit of a bind. In one room I use Popcorn Hour and stream my movie libraries. I hold my movies in a central server. many are mp4 format with aac multichannel audio. However, to be able to get multichannel audio to work with my receiver (and most receivers out there), i had to convert the aac to ac3 and then change the container to mkv (no mp4 with ac3). It works fine and i get native 5.1 output. If i didn't do this, then the Popcorn will only PCM 2 channel audio to my receiver.

Now that i just discovered tivo and streambaby, I'm hoping I won't have to have a separate library of mp4's. But when I try use streambaby on a mkv, I get very stutttery video, like it is running at 1/2 the normal framerate or something. The video otherwise looks fine. Is there no way around this except changing it back to mp4? btw, the few mp4 movies i haven't converted works fine, smooth motion and everything.
superflysocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:29 AM   #1730
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
when I try use streambaby on a mkv, I get very stutttery video, like it is running at 1/2 the normal framerate or something. The video otherwise looks fine. Is there no way around this except changing it back to mp4? btw, the few mp4 movies i haven't converted works fine, smooth motion and everything.
Streambaby must convert the MKV into Mpeg since the TiVo does not support MKV natively. The best bet is to remux the MKV into MP$ with AC3 audio which Streambaby can just stream instead of convert.

Does the popcorn hour work with MP4 with AC3 audio? If not you may be in a bit of a bind and have to have two copes of all your movies, one in MKV format and the other in MP4/AC3 format for the TiVos.

Rick
Old 11-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #1731
superflysocal

Quote:
Streambaby must convert the MKV into Mpeg since the TiVo does not support MKV natively. The best bet is to remux the MKV into MP$ with AC3 audio which Streambaby can just stream instead of convert.

Does the popcorn hour work with MP4 with AC3 audio? If not you may be in a bit of a bind and have to have two copes of all your movies, one in MKV format and the other in MP4/AC3 format for the TiVos.

Rick

From reading Popcorn hour forum, i was lead to believe MP4 container is not compatible with ac3, but perhaps popcorn hour just cannot handle it. You are saying it is compatible?
Old 11-26-2009, 04:13 PM   #1732
westside_guy
Annoyingly ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
From reading Popcorn hour forum, i was lead to believe MP4 container is not compatible with ac3, but perhaps popcorn hour just cannot handle it. You are saying it is compatible?
Tivo handles an a h.264 MP4 file with AC3 audio just fine, if that's what you're asking.

See the streambaby video compatibility page for more info.
westside_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:23 PM   #1733
phnord

Hey guys,

I love what you've done for us Tivo users. My parent's have FiOS, and they're in a similar situation - the Mac version of the FiOS Media Manager only allows audio and photos to be streamed.

Do you guys know of any similar programs to Streambaby that would allow us to stream video from Mac's to FiOS DVR's?
phnord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:15 AM   #1734
Frankoz2

Any news for Aussie Streambaby devotees? we're missing the you
Frankoz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:15 PM   #1735
easily_confused

one file that won't play

I'm wild about streambaby --- thanks for this app

For the most part streambaby seems to work fine. But, When I play this I get "failed to open stream" with ffmpeg running. I have a stock ini file except for disable_preview. Once this fails, nothing works and I have to restart streambaby.

Oh, and I have a TIVO series 3 HD
Attached Files
File Type: txt coal.ffmpeg.txt (3.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: txt streambaby.log.txt (10.9 KB, 5 views)
easily_confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:50 AM   #1736
easily_confused

0xffff in the US

Using 0.27

I consistently get 0xffff errors after a split VOB file terminates. By split VOB I mean, for example, an episode on a multi-episode dvd that is split across 2 vob files.

A few times I was able to continue after the first VOB ended. A few times when I navigated back to the streambaby top level I saw a full screen image from the video appear momentarily and then go away. I could then go back and play the 2nd part (no log of this though). A few times I tried playing an mpeg2 and then went back and played the second part. But, sometimes those methods don't work, and I just have to "wait it out", I guess.

When the tivo is in the 0xffff mood (mode?) youtube does not work either. In fact, now that's how I determine I can go back to streambaby. If youtube works, streambaby will too.

It seems like anytime I exit a vob early I leave the tivo in some weird mode that causes 0xffff.

I expect there is something you can do (or not do) at the server end to allow it to clean up when a video abrubtly ends, but figuring it out may be tricky.

I'll be happy to send logs or whatever you need to get this fixed.

Here are the log entries at the point of the ending of the first vob - VTS_07_1.VOB. Note the point at which the timestamp jumps and the socket error occurrs. Afterwards is just me pressing buttons.

Code:
11/28/09 01:42:43 MpegStreamingModule$1: MpegEndTS:Timestamp: 2334.04, filePos: 1073651726
11/28/09 01:42:43 NamedStream: Registering named stream: 65ac8c7c-8325-4a6d-a5fb-9b1925e82791.stream
11/28/09 01:42:44 Listener: http=HttpRequest /streambaby/65ac8c7c-8325-4a6d-a5fb-9b1925e82791.stream
111/28/09 01:42:43 ViewScreen: Desc: VTS_07_1.VOB
1/28/09 01:42:44 Listener: path=/streambaby/65ac8c7c-8325-4a6d-a5fb-9b1925e82791.stream uri=/streambaby/
11/28/09 01:42:44 Listener: 
11/28/09 01:42:44 Listener: 192.168.1.102 65ac8c7c-8325-4a6d-a5fb-9b1925e82791.stream HTTP GET - to factory /streambaby/
11/28/09 01:42:44 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=65ac8c7c-8325-4a6d-a5fb-9b1925e82791.stream
11/28/09 01:42:44 NamedStream: Getting mapped stream for named stream: 65ac8c7c-8325-4a6d-a5fb-9b1925e82791.stream
11/28/09 01:42:44 NamedStream: Getting mapped stream for named stream: 65ac8c7c-8325-4a6d-a5fb-9b1925e82791.stream
11/28/09 01:42:56 NewStatusBar: state=true
11/28/09 01:43:01 NewStatusBar: state=false
11/28/09 01:43:14 ViewScreen: code=20 rawcode=16789780
11/28/09 01:43:18 ViewScreen: code=17 rawcode=16789521
11/28/09 01:43:51 ViewScreen: code=16 rawcode=16789264
11/28/09 01:46:12 ViewScreen: code=16 rawcode=16789264
11/28/09 02:11:05 InfoCache$PruneTask: Pruning cache...
11/28/09 02:11:05 InfoCache$PruneTask: Pruning complete.
11/28/09 02:21:21 ViewScreen: END: 
11/28/09 02:21:21 ViewScreen: goto position: 2303441, vidlen: 2333760
11/28/09 02:21:21 ViewScreen: Position not in buffer, starting new stream
11/28/09 02:21:21 NewStatusBar: state=false
11/28/09 02:21:21 ViewScreen: Openening stream at position: 2303000(2303 secs)
11/28/09 02:21:21 VideoModuleHelper: quality setting is above quality of video, streaming normally
11/28/09 02:21:21 MpegStreamingModule$1: MpegStartTS:Timestamp: 0.28, filePos: 2062
11/28/09 02:21:21 MpegStreamingModule$1: MpegEndTS:Timestamp: 2334.04, filePos: 1073651726
11/28/09 02:21:21 MpegStreamingModule$1: Seeking for ts 2303.280000001192 to timestamp: 2303.24, filePos: 1054967822
11/28/09 02:21:21 NamedStream: Registering named stream: 87f74c1f-94a3-4211-8611-43077d4b0a15.stream
11/28/09 02:21:21 NamedStream: DeRegistering named stream: 65ac8c7c-8325-4a6d-a5fb-9b1925e82791.stream
11/28/09 02:21:21 Listener: 
11/28/09 02:21:21 Listener: 192.168.1.102 I/O Exception handling  HTTP GET 65ac8c7c-8325-4a6d-a5fb-9b1925e82791.stream: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
11/28/09 02:21:21 Listener: ctx=HttpRequest /streambaby/65ac8c7c-8325-4a6d-a5fb-9b1925e82791.stream t=java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
11/28/09 02:21:23 ViewScreen: error=ERROR: 0xffff
VTS_07_1.VOB
VTS_07_1.VOB
VTS_07_1.VOB
VTS_07_1.VOB
VTS_07_1.VOB
VTS_07_1.VOB
11/28/09 02:21:29 ViewScreen: code=4 rawcode=16777732

easily_confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:03 PM   #1737
Len McRiddles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyshackelford View Post
well that explains that. i really dont know what i'm going to do now. maybe i'll hardwire. we still have a few weeks left before the snow hits here. maybe it's time to run some cable behind the siding. thanks a ton for your help valley_nomad. spot on. good karma to you.
Are you using a Linksys BEFSR41, If you are, do you have WAN multicast filtering enabled? The reason I ask is I ran across this today.

http://www.dave-miller.com/blog/2008...linksys-router
Len McRiddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #1738
rustyshackelford
rusty shackelford

success!!!! that was what was wrong with mine. i struggled for months trying to get that to work. worth every bit of a beer for the steer. thanks len. you are one fine fellow. good karma to you.
rustyshackelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #1739
superflysocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by westside_guy View Post
Tivo handles an a h.264 MP4 file with AC3 audio just fine, if that's what you're asking.
So what is the best app or script for windows that converts mp4 with multichannel aac to mp4 with multichannel ac3?
Old 11-29-2009, 09:04 PM   #1740
whozat

.smi files or .srt files for subtitles?

hey, folks. Long-time user of streambaby with a quick question about subtitles.

Looking through the thread, I've seen mention of using .srt files for subs, and using t2sami to generate the srt files. I've just used t2sami GUI, and it generated .smi files from my DVDs. These look like a richer format than .srt files, but just putting "My Movie.smi" next to "My Movie.mp4" didn't seem to work...doing the same with an .srt file worked fine, though.

Does streambaby not support .smi files? Is there something else I have to do first?

Thanks!
whozat is offline   Reply With Quote