TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #1441
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeck View Post
That did it! The AC3 track played. Although half the times I tried playing the clip I got the "resource unavailable" error. Never encountered that one before.
Can anyone point me in the direction of a file that doesn't play well normally, but plays fine with:
mp4module.interleave=false

I may need to make a decision on
a) Trying to fix whatever the problem is with the feature turned on
b) Defaulting the option to be turned off automatically

It's a tough decision since I have a feeling once I switch the option, the people who aren't having an issue right now may start having an issue...

I'm sorry if someone has already pointed a file out to me, or sent me a file, but I don't seem to recall it at the moment.

Thanks
Keary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #1442
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
Can anyone point me in the direction of a file that doesn't play well normally, but plays fine with:
mp4module.interleave=false

I may need to make a decision on
a) Trying to fix whatever the problem is with the feature turned on
b) Defaulting the option to be turned off automatically

It's a tough decision since I have a feeling once I switch the option, the people who aren't having an issue right now may start having an issue...

I'm sorry if someone has already pointed a file out to me, or sent me a file, but I don't seem to recall it at the moment.

Thanks
Keary
Haven't tried playing without the option set, but supposedly (in bbeck's case) this file has the issue that it won't play without turning off interleave:
http://tivostream.googlecode.com/fil...80x544_ac3.mp4
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:01 PM   #1443
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Haven't tried playing without the option set, but supposedly (in bbeck's case) this file has the issue that it won't play without turning off interleave:
http://tivostream.googlecode.com/fil...80x544_ac3.mp4
That file seems to work fine for me on my TivoHD with the interleave option set either way, at least with svn-r239.

Looking back through the thread, I'm not sure if interleave was actually the solution for that file. I think bbeck reported that was giving the 0xffff errror, which could of just been the TiVo getting tired of all the testing with the files that were giving problems. (And then getting back after a little rest ;-)

Old 08-04-2009, 05:14 PM   #1444
moyekj

bbeck, do you have original S3 or HD/HDXL unit? There are some differences between the decoder hardware in each which results in different behavior for mpeg4 playback which is why I ask.

Regarding the 0xfffff error and having to wait a little I wonder if the following would help:
http://<ip>/TiVoConnect?Command=ResetServer

Recently with kmttg I added a menu entry which runs the above and seems to help out for cases when the TiVo will no longer allow file downloads (giving server busy messages even when there is no current download activity associated with that TiVo).

Last edited by moyekj : 08-04-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #1445
bbeck

Quote:
That file seems to work fine for me on my TivoHD with the interleave option set either way, at least with svn-r239.

Looking back through the thread, I'm not sure if interleave was actually the solution for that file. I think bbeck reported that was giving the 0xffff errror, which could of just been the TiVo getting tired of all the testing with the files that were giving problems. (And then getting back after a little rest ;-)
I tested the interleave option first and it worked, so I didn't replace v0.27 with svn-r39. I did download the ZIP file though, and noticed a few items missing compared to the older program. Is this intentional?

For the record, I got the 0xFFFF error on that MP4-AC3 test file regardless of whether it was the first file I streamed or the tenth. I even tried restarting the TiVo on one or two occasions to see if that would resolve the issue, and it didn't.

Quote:
bbeck, do you have original S3 or HD/HDXL unit?
I have the TiVo HD. It's almost two months old now.
bbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #1446
bkdtv

Is it possible to use the new "custom RSS support" (MPEG-4 streaming capable) to somehow support streaming without a 1.1GB buffer limit?

With the proper modifications, could we simply enter a local network RSS URL?
bkdtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #1447
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdtv View Post
Is it possible to use the new "custom RSS support" (MPEG-4 streaming capable) to somehow support streaming without a 1.1GB buffer limit?

Interesting idea... It's very likely the 1.1GB limit is still there via this method as well. However it may be interesting for someone to setup an RSS server on their LAN and try and feed a > 1.1GB video to their Tivo using this new official "custom RSS support" to find out for sure. I have never dealt with RSS servers before so don't know how easy that is to do.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #1448
seplant

This may be a dumb question, but can Streambaby be run simultaneously from two computers on the same network? Obviously, I wouldn't want to stream two files at the same time, but I would like to be able to choose from the Tivo which computer to read streaming content from.
seplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:00 AM   #1449
bbeck

Quote:
Every MP4 I create, following the process described by bkdtv here (tivocommunity[dot]com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=7097293#post7097293), plays perfectly on my PC but gives me judder-y video with Streambaby. The whole image seems to move slightly up and down about 3-4 times per second. The MP4 test video here (tivostream[dot]googlecode.com/files/test.mp4) has no judder with Streambaby, so I concluded that it must be an authoring error on my end, but I honestly don't know what to do differently.
OK, I've figured out my video problem, and it comes down to something as simple as playing progressive content on an interlaced display (no, I don't have an HDTV yet). I've figured out a way to interlace H.264 video at the encoding level (boy, is it a bear), but does Streambaby have a parameter to allow de-interlaced content to play normally on an interlaced display? It would definitely save me the work of creating separate 1080i (or 480i, whatever) and 1080p versions of the material I wish to stream to the TiVo.

Just thought I'd ask before assuming it's not possible.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:53 AM   #1450
kearygriffin

Quote:
OK, I've figured out my video problem, and it comes down to something as simple as playing progressive content on an interlaced display (no, I don't have an HDTV yet). I've figured out a way to interlace H.264 video at the encoding level (boy, is it a bear), but does Streambaby have a parameter to allow de-interlaced content to play normally on an interlaced display? It would definitely save me the work of creating separate 1080i (or 480i, whatever) and 1080p versions of the material I wish to stream to the TiVo.

Just thought I'd ask before assuming it's not possible.
I think the answer is no-- To be honest, I'm not even sure what streambaby could/should do to help with this issue. (I didn't start fooling around with video stuff until I already had the TiVoHD and a HDTV, so there was no real reason to get into it...)

If you want to play around, you can try to select a lower video quality before playing the file with streambaby. This will force streambaby to transcode the file to mpeg (from h.264) on the fly before sending it to the TiVo. If this alone doesn't help you can try to adding and fooling around with the INI setting:
Code:
ffmpegexe.transcode.qualargs=-bufsize 4096k -b ${bitrate}k -maxrate 8000k -ab ${abitrate}k -s ${xres}x${yres} -ar ${asamplerate}
These are the arguments it will use when transcoding to a lower quality. Maybe there are some arguments you could pass to ffmpeg so it would transcode it to a format that would look better on the TiVo?

The best solution is probably buying an HDTV :-)

Old 08-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #1451
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by seplant View Post
This may be a dumb question, but can Streambaby be run simultaneously from two computers on the same network? Obviously, I wouldn't want to stream two files at the same time, but I would like to be able to choose from the Tivo which computer to read streaming content from.
Should be no problem here. You can just edit the streambaby.ini file on each of the PC's and add the following line:

title=Streambaby PC1
and on the other machine
title=Streambaby PC2
(or whatever title you want to give each of the instances)

This will change the title that streambaby shows up under on the TiVo, and then you can just select which streambaby you wish to communicate with.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #1452
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdtv View Post

I tried to get the "custom RSS" feed working last night, but failed miserably (not integrating with streambaby, just using it at all...)

1. It didn't seem to like internal IP addresses. Even using a domain that resolved to an internal address seemed to give an error that RSS could not be found.

2. I couldn't get it to work with an external RSS feed either, but this time it gave the error (paraphrasing) "Although this is a valid RSS feed, no TiVo compatible media types where found"

I was trying it with the "Sample RSS" feed found on the following TiVo page:
http://www.tivo.com/abouttivo/resour...ils/index.html

I cut and paste the sample XML into a file I called t.xml and put it on a web server that I run. Not sure if it matters but I was returning:
Content-Type: application/xml
for the XML feed.

I checked my software version and I am running 11.0d.

Granted I only played around for 20 minutes or so, but can anyone shed any light on what I am doing wrong. (Or give me a URL that should just work out of the box. I tried another one that someone else supplied that I though should work but TiVo didn't seem to like it either...)

Keary

Old 08-06-2009, 12:51 PM   #1453
bbeck

Well, what do you know - selecting any of the lower quality video settings appears to transcode the video to interlaced MPEG!

It doesn't appear to affect the audio, which is a good thing. I just figured out a process to transcode 5.1 AAC -> 5.1 AC3 using free software tools, and I sure didn't want to lose that.

The only disadvantage is obviously the loss of instant streaming to the TiVo. The transcoding process seems to take longer than the one involved with pulling QuickTime movies from a PC running TiVo Desktop Plus, regardless of the video setting used. This is an ffmpeg issue, but I did want to report on it.

Quote:
The best solution is probably buying an HDTV :-)
I hear you on that! Hopefully soon. (I've considered "accidental" sabotage of our 27" Samsung SDTV to accelerate the timetable . . .)
Old 08-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #1454
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Problems playing progressive video on interlaced TV

Quote:
I have two TiVos, one on a 1080P and one on a 1080i TV. I have had no problem using Streambaby to show any content, both BluRay rips which are 1080p titles and others (480p, 480i, 720p titles).

How is your TiVo configured.. I have mine locked to a single resolution and not "switch" based on the content. Perhaps that will resolve the issue you are seeing.

Hope that helps,

Rick
rfryar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #1455
NeroGuy

MP4 Nero problems

Having problems with Nero mp4 files, I use Nero Recode 2 to make MP4 files. It seems that file that are made with with the choice in Nero to use just Stereo play just fine. Any file that I make with Nero (MP4) and then select 5.1 channel surround, none of them will play and error out in Streambaby.
Is there a way to get Streambaby to play Nero MP4 made with 5.1 channel surround to play?
NeroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #1456
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeroGuy View Post
Is there a way to get Streambaby to play Nero MP4 made with 5.1 channel surround to play?
With the MP4 that refuses to play in streambaby can you run it through MP4Box and let us know the output.. What codecs are being used, etc.

mp4box -info file.mp4

The TiVo can only play surround using AC3, not with AAC codecs. Also only AAC LC Stereo is supported and not the AAC HE codec.

Rick
rfryar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #1457
NeroGuy

MP4 Nero problem

Rick, took a look a mp4box, I don't have a clue on how to use it. Is there some place I could send a file for you to test?
Alan
Old 08-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #1458
NeroGuy

Nero mp4 Problem

Rick, or the syntax for mp4box to extract the mp4 information..
Alan
Old 08-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #1459
NeroGuy

Nero mp4 Problem

For Rick: File information
* Movie Info *
Timescale 1000 - Duration 00:21:58.550
Fragmented File no - 5 track(s)
File Brand isom - version 0
Created: GMT Fri Sep 14 20:50:23 2007

File has root IOD
Scene PL 0x01 - Graphics PL 0xfe - OD PL 0xfe
Visual PL: Advanced Simple Profile @ Level 5 (0xf5)
Audio PL: Scalable Audio Profile @ Level 1 (0x05)

Chapters:
Chapter #1 - 00:00:00.000 - "Chapter 1"
Chapter #2 - 00:21:56.833 - "Chapter 2"

Track # 1 Info - TrackID 1 - TimeScale 1000 - Duration 00:00:00.001
Track is present in Root OD
Media Info: Language "French" - Type "odsm:mp4s" - 1 samples
MPEG-4 Config: ObjectDescriptor Stream - ObjectTypeIndication 0x01
Self-synchronized

Track # 2 Info - TrackID 2 - TimeScale 1000 - Duration 00:00:00.001
Track is present in Root OD
Media Info: Language "French" - Type "sdsm:mp4s" - 1 samples
MPEG-4 Config: SceneDescription Stream - ObjectTypeIndication 0x01
BIFS Scene description - Command stream
Synchronized on stream 1

Track # 3 Info - TrackID 3 - TimeScale 30000 - Duration 00:21:58.550
Media Info: Language "Undetermined" - Type "vide:mp4v" - 39517 samples
MPEG-4 Config: Visual Stream - ObjectTypeIndication 0x20
MPEG-4 Visual Size 384 x 208 - Advanced Simple Profile @ Level 5
Pixel Aspect Ratio 1:1 - Indicated track size 384 x 208
Synchronized on stream 1

Track # 4 Info - TrackID 4 - TimeScale 24000 - Duration 00:21:58.528
Media Info: Language "English" - Type "soun:mp4a" - 30903 samples
MPEG-4 Config: Audio Stream - ObjectTypeIndication 0x40
MPEG-4 Audio AAC LC - 6 Channel(s) - SampleRate 24000 - SBR SampleRate 48000
Synchronized on stream 1

Track # 5 Info - TrackID 5 - TimeScale 90000 - Duration 00:21:14.172
Media Info: Language "English" - Type "subp:mp4s" - 545 samples
MPEG-4 Config: NeroDigital Subpicture Stream - ObjectTypeIndication 0xe0
Synchronized on stream 1
Old 08-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #1460
moyekj

Biggest problem is:
Tivo only likes up to level 4.1.

Smaller issue is:
MPEG-4 Audio AAC LC - 6 Channel(s) - SampleRate 24000 - SBR SampleRate 48000
While > 2 channel AAC will play Tivo cannot decode it properly so you end up getting only 2 channels actually working

See video_compatibility for more info on natively supported formats.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:57 PM   #1461
NeroGuy

Nero mp4 problem

Is there a conversion program I can run to make my MP4 files play??
Old 08-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #1462
moyekj

In the video_compatibility link I supplied above there are sample MP4 encoding profiles using the free ffmpeg and/or handbrakeCLI command line tools.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:09 PM   #1463
kearygriffin

Quote:
Biggest problem is:
Tivo only likes up to level 4.1.
I'm not 100% sure, but I actually think:
"MPEG-4 Visual Size 384 x 208 - Advanced Simple Profile @ Level 5" is an MPEG-4 Part 2 codec, not H.264 (mpeg-4 part 10)

If this is the case, streambaby *should* try to transcode it before sending it off the TiVo, so it may be a ffmpeg issue.

It may make sense to turn on the debug log and post a portion of it so we can see if streambaby is trying to transcode, and if it is why it is failing:
http://code.google.com/p/streambaby/...gging_problems

Old 08-11-2009, 06:43 AM   #1464
NeroGuy

Nero MP4 playing problems - Streambaby.log debug

Streambaby.log debug after fail play attempt:

08/11/09 07:39:27 StreamBabyConfig: WorkingDir: "C:\Data\Tivo\streambaby-svn-r239"
08/11/09 07:39:27 StreamBabyConfig: StreamBabyDir: C:\Data\Tivo\streambaby-svn-r239
08/11/09 07:39:27 StreamBabyConfig: CurDir: C:\Data\Tivo\streambaby-svn-r239\native
08/11/09 07:39:28 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loading avutil, default: avutil-49
08/11/09 07:39:28 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loaded: C:\Data\Tivo\streambaby-svn-r239\native\avutil-49.dll
08/11/09 07:39:28 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loading avcodec, default: avcodec-52
08/11/09 07:39:28 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loaded: C:\Data\Tivo\streambaby-svn-r239\native\avcodec-52.dll
08/11/09 07:39:28 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loaded avCodec version: 52 (3409408)
08/11/09 07:39:28 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loading avformat, default: avformat-52
08/11/09 07:39:28 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loaded: C:\Data\Tivo\streambaby-svn-r239\native\avformat-52.dll
08/11/09 07:39:28 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loaded avFormat version: 52 (3413761)
08/11/09 07:39:28 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loading swscale, default: swscale-0
08/11/09 07:39:29 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Loaded: C:\Data\Tivo\streambaby-svn-r239\native\swscale-0.dll
08/11/09 07:39:29 FFmpegJavaConfig$1: Marking libswscale as available.
08/11/09 07:39:29 FFmpegJavaVideoModule: FFmpeg-java Module: loaded
08/11/09 07:39:29 FFmpegExeVideoModule: FFmpegPath: C:\Data\Tivo\streambaby-svn-r239\native\ffmpeg.exe
08/11/09 07:39:29 FFmpegExeVideoModule: FFmpegExeModule: Loaded
08/11/09 07:39:29 StreamBabyMain: STARTING StreamBaby svn-r239...
08/11/09 07:39:29 Main: args= start=true
08/11/09 07:39:29 Main: args= loader=sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@11b86e7
08/11/09 07:39:29 Listener: config=com.tivo.hme.host.util.Config@7bd9f2 logger=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.utils.Log$ILoggerImpl@121cc40
08/11/09 07:39:29 Listener: factoryList=[StreamBabyStreamFactory[/streambaby/,Stream, Baby, Stream]]
08/11/09 07:39:29 Listener: factory=StreamBabyStreamFactory[/streambaby/,Stream, Baby, Stream]
08/11/09 07:39:29 Listener: name=/streambaby/
08/11/09 07:39:29 Listener:
08/11/09 07:39:29 Listener: added factory
08/11/09 07:39:29 Main: factory=StreamBabyStreamFactory[/streambaby/,Stream, Baby, Stream]
08/11/09 07:39:29 Main: MDNS: http://192.168.2.4:7290/streambaby/
08/11/09 07:39:29 Main: streambaby ready & listening.
08/11/09 07:39:29 Main: mdns_type=_tivo-hme._tcp.local. factory=StreamBabyStreamFactory[/streambaby/,Stream, Baby, Stream] port=7290
08/11/09 07:39:34 TiVoListener: addService: FamilyRoom
08/11/09 07:39:34 TiVoListener: Updating service: _http._tcp.local. (FamilyRoom)
08/11/09 07:39:34 TiVoListener: resolveService: _http._tcp.local. (FamilyRoom)
08/11/09 07:39:34 TiVoListener: jmDns found TiVo: FamilyRoom, tsn: 652010180689DFA
08/11/09 07:39:52 Listener: http=HttpRequest /streambaby/icon.png
08/11/09 07:39:52 Listener: path=/streambaby/icon.png uri=/streambaby/
08/11/09 07:39:52 Listener:
08/11/09 07:39:52 Listener: 192.168.2.54 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /streambaby/
08/11/09 07:39:52 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=icon.png
08/11/09 07:40:03 Listener: http=HttpRequest /streambaby/
08/11/09 07:40:03 Listener: path=/streambaby/ uri=/streambaby/
08/11/09 07:40:03 Listener: http=HttpRequest /streambaby/ factory=StreamBabyStreamFactory[/streambaby/,Stream, Baby, Stream]
08/11/09 07:40:04 Listener:
08/11/09 07:40:04 Factory: HME receiver connected
08/11/09 07:40:04 Listener: app=StreamBabyStream[#1,uri=null] in=com.tivo.hme.host.http.server.HttpConnection$InStream@1f4 2b49
08/11/09 07:40:04 StreamBabyStream: width: 1280
08/11/09 07:40:04 StreamBabyStream: height: 720
08/11/09 07:40:04 StreamBabyStream: aspect: 1/1
08/11/09 07:40:04 HostContext: key=pw applicationId=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabySt ream applicationGlobal=false
08/11/09 07:40:04 HostContext: applicationIdStr=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBab yStream applicationGlobal=false
08/11/09 07:40:04 HostContext: applicationIdStr=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBab yStream
08/11/09 07:40:04 HostContext: compKey=652010180689DFA-and-com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabyStream
08/11/09 07:40:04 HostContext: compKey=652010180689DFA-and-com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabyStream
08/11/09 07:40:04 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=background-720.jpg
08/11/09 07:40:04 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/keyboard-top-DELCLRSPC_ABC_SYM.png
08/11/09 07:40:04 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/keyboard-tips.png
08/11/09 07:40:04 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/keyboard-middle-lc.png
08/11/09 07:40:05 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/keyboard-bottom-empty.png
08/11/09 07:40:05 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/keyboard-datafield.png
08/11/09 07:40:05 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/keyboard-focus.png
08/11/09 07:40:05 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/bar.png
08/11/09 07:40:05 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/left.png
08/11/09 07:40:05 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/right.png
08/11/09 07:40:05 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/up.png
08/11/09 07:40:05 RootDirEntry$dirEntryHandler: dirEntry: file:/v:/
08/11/09 07:40:05 HostContext: key=pw value=
08/11/09 07:40:05 HostContext: key=pw value=applicationId=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.Stream BabyStream applicationGlobal=false
08/11/09 07:40:05 HostContext: applicationIdStr=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBab yStream applicationGlobal=false
08/11/09 07:40:05 HostContext: applicationIdStr=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBab yStream
08/11/09 07:40:05 HostContext: compKey=652010180689DFA-and-com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabyStream
08/11/09 07:40:05 HostContext: compKey=652010180689DFA-and-com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabyStream
08/11/09 07:40:05 RootDirEntry$dirEntryHandler: dirEntry: file:/v:/
08/11/09 07:40:05 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/down.png
08/11/09 07:40:05 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/pageup.png
08/11/09 07:40:05 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/pagedown.png
08/11/09 07:40:05 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/pleasewait.png
08/11/09 07:40:05 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=folder.png
08/11/09 07:40:05 SelectionScreen: focusOn entry=null
08/11/09 07:40:20 SelectionScreen: code=6 rawcode=16778246
08/11/09 07:40:47 SelectionScreen: focusOn entry=null
08/11/09 07:40:55 SelectionScreen: code=6 rawcode=16778246
08/11/09 07:40:56 SelectionScreen: focusOn entry=null
08/11/09 07:40:57 SelectionScreen: code=6 rawcode=16778246
08/11/09 07:40:57 SelectionScreen: focusOn entry=null
08/11/09 07:40:58 SelectionScreen: code=6 rawcode=16778246
08/11/09 07:40:58 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=movie.png
08/11/09 07:40:58 SelectionScreen: focusOn entry=null
08/11/09 07:40:59 SelectionScreen: code=6 rawcode=16778246
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.FtypAtom(102,116,121,112): FtypAtom (offset: 0, size:20)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.MdatAtom(109,100,97,116): MdatAtom (offset: 20, size(LRG):97693979)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.MoovAtom(109,111,111,118): MoovAtom (offset: 97693999, size:1040164)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.MvhdAtom(109,118,104,100): MvhdAtom (offset: 97694007, size:108)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.IodsAtom(105,111,100,115): IodsAtom (offset: 97694115, size:39)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.TrakAtom(116,114,97,107): TrakAtom (offset: 97694154, size:430)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.TrefAtom(116,114,101,102): TrefAtom (offset: 97694162, size:28)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.UnknownAtom(109,112,111,100): MpodAtom (offset: 97694170, size:20)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.MdiaAtom(109,100,105,97): MdiaAtom (offset: 97694190, size:302)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.HdlrAtom(104,100,108,114): HdlrAtom (offset: 97694198, size:33)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.MinfAtom(109,105,110,102): MinfAtom (offset: 97694231, size:229)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.UnknownAtom(110,109,104,100): NmhdAtom (offset: 97694239, size:12)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.DinfAtom(100,105,110,102): DinfAtom (offset: 97694251, size:36)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.DrefAtom(100,114,101,102): DrefAtom (offset: 97694259, size:28)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StblAtom(115,116,98,108): StblAtom (offset: 97694287, size:173)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StsdAtom(115,116,115,100): StsdAtom (offset: 97694295, size:73)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.UnknownAtom(109,112,52,115): Mp4sAtom (offset: 97694311, size:57)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.SttsAtom(115,116,116,115): SttsAtom (offset: 97694368, size:24)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StscAtom(115,116,115,99): StscAtom (offset: 97694392, size:28)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StszAtom(115,116,115,122): StszAtom (offset: 97694420, size:20)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StcoAtom(115,116,99,111): StcoAtom (offset: 97694440, size:20)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.MdhdAtom(109,100,104,100): MdhdAtom (offset: 97694460, size:32)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.TkhdAtom(116,107,104,100): TkhdAtom (offset: 97694492, size:92)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.TrakAtom(116,114,97,107): TrakAtom (offset: 97694584, size:412)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.MdiaAtom(109,100,105,97): MdiaAtom (offset: 97694592, size:312)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.HdlrAtom(104,100,108,114): HdlrAtom (offset: 97694600, size:33)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.MinfAtom(109,105,110,102): MinfAtom (offset: 97694633, size:239)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.UnknownAtom(110,109,104,100): NmhdAtom (offset: 97694641, size:12)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.DinfAtom(100,105,110,102): DinfAtom (offset: 97694653, size:36)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.DrefAtom(100,114,101,102): DrefAtom (offset: 97694661, size:28)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StblAtom(115,116,98,108): StblAtom (offset: 97694689, size:183)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StsdAtom(115,116,115,100): StsdAtom (offset: 97694697, size:83)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.UnknownAtom(109,112,52,115): Mp4sAtom (offset: 97694713, size:67)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.SttsAtom(115,116,116,115): SttsAtom (offset: 97694780, size:24)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StscAtom(115,116,115,99): StscAtom (offset: 97694804, size:28)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StszAtom(115,116,115,122): StszAtom (offset: 97694832, size:20)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StcoAtom(115,116,99,111): StcoAtom (offset: 97694852, size:20)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.MdhdAtom(109,100,104,100): MdhdAtom (offset: 97694872, size:32)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.TkhdAtom(116,107,104,100): TkhdAtom (offset: 97694904, size:92)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.TrakAtom(116,114,97,107): TrakAtom (offset: 97694996, size:730256)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.MdiaAtom(109,100,105,97): MdiaAtom (offset: 97695004, size:730156)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.HdlrAtom(104,100,108,114): HdlrAtom (offset: 97695012, size:33)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.MinfAtom(109,105,110,102): MinfAtom (offset: 97695045, size:730083)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.VmhdAtom(118,109,104,100): VmhdAtom (offset: 97695053, size:20)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.DinfAtom(100,105,110,102): DinfAtom (offset: 97695073, size:36)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.DrefAtom(100,114,101,102): DrefAtom (offset: 97695081, size:28)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StblAtom(115,116,98,108): StblAtom (offset: 97695109, size:730019)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StsdAtom(115,116,115,100): StsdAtom (offset: 97695117, size:207)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.UnknownAtom(109,112,52,118): Mp4vAtom (offset: 97695133, size:191)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.SttsAtom(115,116,116,115): SttsAtom (offset: 97695324, size:24)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StscAtom(115,116,115,99): StscAtom (offset: 97695348, size:144412)
08/11/09 07:40:59 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StszAtom(115,116,115,122): StszAtom (offset: 97839760, size:158088)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StssAtom(115,116,115,115): StssAtom (offset: 97997848, size:1900)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StcoAtom(115,116,99,111): StcoAtom (offset: 97999748, size:111460)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.CttsAtom(99,116,116,115): CttsAtom (offset: 98111208, size:313920)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.MdhdAtom(109,100,104,100): MdhdAtom (offset: 98425128, size:32)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.TkhdAtom(116,107,104,100): TkhdAtom (offset: 98425160, size:92)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.TrakAtom(116,114,97,107): TrakAtom (offset: 98425252, size:299770)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.MdiaAtom(109,100,105,97): MdiaAtom (offset: 98425260, size:299670)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.HdlrAtom(104,100,108,114): HdlrAtom (offset: 98425268, size:64)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.MinfAtom(109,105,110,102): MinfAtom (offset: 98425332, size:299566)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.SmhdAtom(115,109,104,100): SmhdAtom (offset: 98425340, size:16)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.DinfAtom(100,105,110,102): DinfAtom (offset: 98425356, size:36)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.DrefAtom(100,114,101,102): DrefAtom (offset: 98425364, size:28)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StblAtom(115,116,98,108): StblAtom (offset: 98425392, size:299506)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StsdAtom(115,116,115,100): StsdAtom (offset: 98425400, size:102)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.UnknownAtom(109,112,52,97): Mp4aAtom (offset: 98425416, size:86)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.SttsAtom(115,116,116,115): SttsAtom (offset: 98425502, size:24)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StscAtom(115,116,115,99): StscAtom (offset: 98425526, size:64696)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StszAtom(115,116,115,122): StszAtom (offset: 98490222, size:123632)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StcoAtom(115,116,99,111): StcoAtom (offset: 98613854, size:111044)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.MdhdAtom(109,100,104,100): MdhdAtom (offset: 98724898, size:32)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.TkhdAtom(116,107,104,100): TkhdAtom (offset: 98724930, size:92)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.TrakAtom(116,114,97,107): TrakAtom (offset: 98725022, size:9065)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.MdiaAtom(109,100,105,97): MdiaAtom (offset: 98725030, size:8965)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.HdlrAtom(104,100,108,114): HdlrAtom (offset: 98725038, size:40)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.MinfAtom(109,105,110,102): MinfAtom (offset: 98725078, size:8885)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.UnknownAtom(110,109,104,100): NmhdAtom (offset: 98725086, size:12)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.DinfAtom(100,105,110,102): DinfAtom (offset: 98725098, size:36)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.DrefAtom(100,114,101,102): DrefAtom (offset: 98725106, size:28)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StblAtom(115,116,98,108): StblAtom (offset: 98725134, size:8829)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StsdAtom(115,116,115,100): StsdAtom (offset: 98725142, size:141)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.UnknownAtom(109,112,52,115): Mp4sAtom (offset: 98725158, size:125)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.SttsAtom(115,116,116,115): SttsAtom (offset: 98725283, size:4256)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StscAtom(115,116,115,99): StscAtom (offset: 98729539, size:28)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StszAtom(115,116,115,122): StszAtom (offset: 98729567, size:2200)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.StcoAtom(115,116,99,111): StcoAtom (offset: 98731767, size:2196)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.MdhdAtom(109,100,104,100): MdhdAtom (offset: 98733963, size:32)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.TkhdAtom(116,107,104,100): TkhdAtom (offset: 98733995, size:92)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.UdtaAtom(117,100,116,97): UdtaAtom (offset: 98734087, size:76)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.UnknownAtom(99,104,112,108): ChplAtom (offset: 98734095, size:53)
08/11/09 07:41:00 MP4StreamFactory$2: mp4.util.atom.UnknownAtom(110,100,114,109): NdrmAtom (offset: 98734148, size:15)
08/11/09 07:41:00 VideoModuleHelper: GetVidInfo: file:/v:/30_Rock/Season_1/Disc_1/01-Pilot.mp4
08/11/09 07:41:00 FFmpegJavaVideoModule: vidDur:1318550
08/11/09 07:41:00 FFmpegJavaVideoModule: VideoInfo:
uri: file:/v:/30_Rock/Season_1/Disc_1/01-Pilot.mp4, Container: mp4, Duration: 1318.55 seconds
Video: UNK 384x208 29.97002997002997 fps
PixAspect: 1.0, Aspect: 1.8461539
Audio: aac 24000HZ 6 channels
08/11/09 07:41:00 HostContext: key=mpos:file:/v:/30_Rock/Season_1/Disc_1/01-Pilot.mp4 applicationId=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabySt ream applicationGlobal=false
08/11/09 07:41:00 HostContext: applicationIdStr=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBab yStream applicationGlobal=false
08/11/09 07:41:00 HostContext: applicationIdStr=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBab yStream
08/11/09 07:41:00 HostContext: compKey=652010180689DFA-and-com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabyStream
08/11/09 07:41:00 HostContext: key=mpos:file:/v:/30_Rock/Season_1/Disc_1/01-Pilot.mp4 applicationId=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabySt ream applicationGlobal=false
08/11/09 07:41:00 HostContext: applicationIdStr=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBab yStream applicationGlobal=false
08/11/09 07:41:00 HostContext: applicationIdStr=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBab yStream
08/11/09 07:41:00 HostContext: compKey=652010180689DFA-and-com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabyStream
08/11/09 07:41:09 ButtonScreen: code=6 rawcode=16778246
08/11/09 07:41:09 HostContext: key=mpos:file:/v:/30_Rock/Season_1/Disc_1/01-Pilot.mp4 value=0
08/11/09 07:41:09 HostContext: key=mpos:file:/v:/30_Rock/Season_1/Disc_1/01-Pilot.mp4 value=0applicationId=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.Strea mBabyStream applicationGlobal=false
08/11/09 07:41:09 HostContext: applicationIdStr=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBab yStream applicationGlobal=false
08/11/09 07:41:09 HostContext: applicationIdStr=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBab yStream
08/11/09 07:41:09 HostContext: compKey=652010180689DFA-and-com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabyStream
08/11/09 07:41:09 HostContext: compKey=652010180689DFA-and-com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabyStream
08/11/09 07:41:09 ViewScreen: Desc: 01-Pilot.mp4
08/11/09 07:41:09 PreviewWindow: pWidth: 1280
08/11/09 07:41:09 PreviewWindow: preview parent=BView[#2618,bounds=0,0,1280x720]
08/11/09 07:41:09 HostContext: key=mpos:file:/v:/30_Rock/Season_1/Disc_1/01-Pilot.mp4 applicationId=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabySt ream applicationGlobal=false
08/11/09 07:41:09 HostContext: applicationIdStr=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBab yStream applicationGlobal=false
08/11/09 07:41:09 HostContext: applicationIdStr=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBab yStream
08/11/09 07:41:09 ViewScreen: goto position: 0, vidlen: 1318550
08/11/09 07:41:09 ViewScreen: Position not in buffer, starting new stream
08/11/09 07:41:10 ViewScreen: Openening stream at position: 0(0 secs)
08/11/09 07:41:10 VideoModuleHelper: quality setting is above quality of video, streaming normally
08/11/09 07:41:10 FFmpegExeVideoModule: Using ffmpeg transcode args: -acodec ac3 -vcodec mpeg2video -f vob -async 1 -r 29.97 -v 0 -sameq -ab 192k -ar 48000
08/11/09 07:41:10 FFmpegExeVideoModule: FFmpegCmd: C:\Data\Tivo\streambaby-svn-r239\native\ffmpeg.exe -ss 0.0 -i v:\30_Rock\Season_1\Disc_1\01-Pilot.mp4 -acodec ac3 -vcodec mpeg2video -f vob -async 1 -r 29.97 -v 0 -sameq -ab 192k -ar 48000 tcp://127.0.0.1:8500
08/11/09 07:41:10 NamedStream: Registering named stream: 75fe6e16-e8ab-4685-ae50-90367c1a0475.stream
08/11/09 07:41:11 Listener: http=HttpRequest /streambaby/75fe6e16-e8ab-4685-ae50-90367c1a0475.stream
08/11/09 07:41:11 Listener: path=/streambaby/75fe6e16-e8ab-4685-ae50-90367c1a0475.stream uri=/streambaby/
08/11/09 07:41:11 Listener:
08/11/09 07:41:11 Listener: 192.168.2.54 75fe6e16-e8ab-4685-ae50-90367c1a0475.stream HTTP GET - to factory /streambaby/
08/11/09 07:41:11 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=75fe6e16-e8ab-4685-ae50-90367c1a0475.stream
08/11/09 07:41:11 NamedStream: Getting mapped stream for named stream: 75fe6e16-e8ab-4685-ae50-90367c1a0475.stream
08/11/09 07:41:11 NamedStream: Getting mapped stream for named stream: 75fe6e16-e8ab-4685-ae50-90367c1a0475.stream
08/11/09 07:41:11 NamedStream: DeRegistering named stream: 75fe6e16-e8ab-4685-ae50-90367c1a0475.stream
08/11/09 07:41:11 SocketProcessInputStream: Destroying running process...
08/11/09 07:41:22 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/shuttlebar_shuttle_top.png
08/11/09 07:41:22 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/shuttlebar.png
08/11/09 07:41:22 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/shuttlebar_shuttle_bottom.png
08/11/09 07:41:22 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/shuttlebar_marker.png
08/11/09 07:41:22 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/shuttlebar_tick.png
08/11/09 07:41:22 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=com/tivo/hme/bananas/images720/shuttlebar_mode_play.png
08/11/09 07:41:22 NewStatusBar: state=true
08/11/09 07:41:22 NewStatusBar: state=false
08/11/09 07:41:22 ViewScreen: error=Failed to open stream
08/11/09 07:41:41 ShutdownHook: Cleaning up...
Old 08-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #1465
kearygriffin

Quote:
Streambaby.log debug after fail play attempt:

08/11/09 07:41:10 FFmpegExeVideoModule: Using ffmpeg transcode args: -acodec ac3 -vcodec mpeg2video -f vob -async 1 -r 29.97 -v 0 -sameq -ab 192k -ar 48000
08/11/09 07:41:10 FFmpegExeVideoModule: FFmpegCmd: C:\Data\Tivo\streambaby-svn-r239\native\ffmpeg.exe -ss 0.0 -i v:\30_Rock\Season_1\Disc_1\01-Pilot.mp4 -acodec ac3 -vcodec mpeg2video -f vob -async 1 -r 29.97 -v 0 -sameq -ab 192k -ar 48000 tcp://127.0.0.1:8500
08/11/09 07:41:11 SocketProcessInputStream: Destroying running process...
08/11/09 07:41:41 ShutdownHook: Cleaning up...
Ok, so this looks like it is indeed trying to transcode the video from MPEG-4 part 2 to MPEG before sending to the TiVo. This is good, as the TiVo does not accept MPEG-4 part 2 videos.

However, it looks like FFMPEG is failing in the conversion. (The line destroying running process is usually indicative of ffmpeg dying).

Unfortunately, the output from ffmpeg is not output into the log to see exactly why ffmpeg is failing. If it is possible to run the following command from a command prompt box, and post the output, that would be great:
Code:
C:\Data\Tivo\streambaby-svn-r239\native\ffmpeg.exe -ss 0.0 -i v:\30_Rock\Season_1\Disc_1\01-Pilot.mp4 -acodec ac3 -vcodec mpeg2video -f vob -async 1 -r 29.97 -sameq -ab 192k -ar 48000 out.mpg
Which will try to convert the video to a file called out.mpg. It will probably print some kind of error message.

My guess is that ffmpeg has problems converting the aac 5.1 24khz to ac3 48khz. FFmpeg often has issues transcoding audio when bitrate changes are involved.

If that is indeed the case, I'm not quite sure what the solution would be. Does anyone know if newer ffmpeg versions have the same issues as older versions transcoding audio between different codecs/sample rates?

Old 08-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #1466
NeroGuy

Nero mp4 Problem

C:\>C:\Data\Tivo\streambaby-svn-r239\native\ffmpeg.exe -ss 0.0 -i v:\30_Rock\Sea
son_1\Disc_1\01-Pilot.mp4 -acodec ac3 -vcodec mpeg2video -f vob -async 1 -r 29.9
7 -sameq -ab 192k -ar 48000 out.mpg
FFmpeg version SVN-r15986, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
configuration: --enable-shared --disable-static --extra-cflags=-fno-common --e
nable-memalign-hack --enable-pthreads --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libxvid --ena
ble-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libspeex --enable-libfaac --enable-lib
gsm --enable-libx264 --enable-libschroedinger --enable-avisynth --enable-swscale
--enable-gpl
libavutil 49.12. 0 / 49.12. 0
libavcodec 52. 6. 0 / 52. 6. 0
libavformat 52.23. 1 / 52.23. 1
libavdevice 52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0
libswscale 0. 6. 1 / 0. 6. 1
built on Dec 3 2008 02:14:13, gcc: 4.2.4
Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'v:\30_Rock\Season_1\Disc_1\01-Pilot.mp4
':
Duration: 00:21:58.55, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 599 kb/s
Stream #0.0(fre): Data: mp4s / 0x7334706D
Stream #0.1(fre): Data: mp4s / 0x7334706D
Stream #0.2(eng): Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 384x208 [PAR 1:1 DAR 24:13], 29.97
tb(r)
Stream #0.3(eng): Audio: aac, 24000 Hz, 5.1, s16
Stream #0.4(eng): Subtitle: dvdsub
Output #0, vob, to 'out.mpg':
Stream #0.0(eng): Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 384x208 [PAR 1:1 DAR 24:13], q
=2-31, 200 kb/s, 29.97 tb(c)
Stream #0.1(eng): Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s16, 192 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0.2 -> #0.0
Stream #0.3 -> #0.1
Press [q] to stop encoding
[aac @ 0xbd68b0]SBR not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest on
e from SVN. If the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature w
hich has not been implemented.
[aac @ 0xbd68b0]SBR not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest on
e from SVN. If the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature w
Resampling with input channels greater than 2 unsupported.
Can not resample 6 channels @ 24000 Hz to 6 channels @ 48000 Hz
Old 08-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #1467
kearygriffin

Nero mp4 Problem

Ok, so that is the problem. FFMpeg has issues transcoding from 24khz to 48khz with 5.1 audio.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what to do about it without re-encoding. Hopefully someone else might be able to chime in.

If re-encoding is an option, 5.1 should work if you specify 48khz audio instead of the 24khz that the files appear to have.

Also, if you are re-encoding I think it probably makes sense (if Nero supports it) to re-encode to H.264 instead of MPEG-4 part 2 video. I don't use Nero so I am not sure how to do this or if it supports it. H.264 is becoming more dominant as a codec for video devices. Using H.264/48khz AC3 or aac audio in an MP4 container can be streamed to the TiVo without transcoding. It will transfer much faster.

To make things more confusing, AFAIK TiVo doesnt support 5.1 AAC audio, only AC3 5.1 audio. So if you stream 5.1 AAC audio to the TiVo it will end up dropping channels. If Nero supports it, TiVo can play AC3 5.1 audio with no problems. (I don't know if this will cause problems with other devices...)

Sorry if I am making this confusing, I have a hard time myself keeping track of all of the possible combinations of codecs/containers/sampling rates/etc... I usually just transcode everything to MPEG-2/AC3 or H.264/AC3.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #1468
NeroGuy

Nero mp4 problem

Message for kearygriffin,
Thanks for explaining..
There are no options in Nero to pick between 24khz or 48khz,

I have so many of these files, they all work using VLC media player,
does anyone know how to use VLC media player to stream to TIVO?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #1469
Allanon

Quote:
I have so many of these files, they all work using VLC media player,
does anyone know how to use VLC media player to stream to TIVO?
You can try the HME/VLC Video Streamer
Allanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #1470
NeroGuy

Problem playing Nero MPG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
You can try the HME/VLC Video Streamer
I tried using HME/VLC, the vidoes all play but the sound is chopped up and can't make out the voices.