TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-25-2009, 10:44 AM   #1351
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
Do these videos work with an older version of streambaby? (Say V0.25 which uses different MP4 splitting code) Which version are you currently running?
I'm using the latest svn. Tonight I'll try rolling back and see what happens, thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:03 PM   #1352
windracer
joined the 10k club

Sure enough, rolling back to 0.25 resolved my 0xffffff issue. Thanks!

|
Old 06-28-2009, 10:19 PM   #1353
bluehz

Can anyone share an ffmpeg h264 recipe that works with streambaby. I am having no luck. Tried several recipes from the most simple to the most complex and stillno luck playing in streambaby. I have also tried various builds of streambaby including 0.25, 0.27, svn-r232 and svn-r239 and still no luck. I can transcode with ffmpeg to mpeg-4 all day and they play fine with streambaby. Lookin' for some suggestion.

FWIW - my ffmpeg is a custom build using the June 26, 2009 svn and all the latest components. But I have tried other ffmpeg including older versions built by myself and prebuilt versions (incl. the one that comes pkgd inside pyTivoX) and still no luck with h264.

Also - a side note here - I run streambaby on a headless Ubuntu server and streambaby was always complaining about "couldn't open X display" because I don't have an X server running on that machine. If you run into this problem - the solution is to open streambaby and add: -Djava.awt.headless=true

e.g.

#!/bin/bash
DIRNAME=`dirname $0`
java -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx256m -jar "$DIRNAME/jbin/streambaby.jar" $@

Hope that helps someone - took me a while to figure it out.
bluehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:51 PM   #1354
moyekj

Both the ffmpeg H.264 recipes posted in video_compatibility should work fine if starting from mpeg2 source with AC3 video.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #1355
bluehz

Those were the first ones I tried - no go. The source material is DV, but that really shouldn't make much difference I would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Both the ffmpeg H.264 recipes posted in video_compatibility should work fine if starting from mpeg2 source with AC3 video.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:31 PM   #1356
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehz View Post
Those were the first ones I tried - no go. The source material is DV, but that really shouldn't make much difference I would think.
What's "DV"? Source material does kind of matter since those profiles are set to copy audio, so unless the source audio is already compliant that would be a problem.
Post your source video specs here using mediainfo and we can probably give a little more help. Perhaps more importantly post the video specs of the encoded video using one of those profiles and then we may see right away what the problem is.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #1357
bluehz

DV = Digital Video format (pulled straight from a mini-DV video camera (see Wikipedia)

To see if maybe the DV was the problem, I converted it to mpeg-2 using:

ffmpeg -i $INPUT.mov -sameq -target dvd $OUTPUT.mpg

and then converted that using your recipe:

ffmpeg -y -i $INPUT.mpg -vcodec libx264 -coder 0 -level 41 -sameq -g 300 -bufsize 14745k -b 5000k -maxrate 16000k -bug "+autodetect+ms" -me_method epzs -trellis 2 -mbd 1 -acodec copy -f mp4 $OUTPUT.mp4

Still no go. I don't get an error on the Tivo (like most mp4 I attempt), just a black screen with the scrub bar, but no video or audio.

I am attaching the mediainfo output for both the original DV source material and the converted mpeg-2 source material.

FWIW - this is using streambaby-0.27

Quote:
What's "DV"? Source material does kind of matter since those profiles are set to copy audio, so unless the source audio is already compliant that would be a problem.
Post your source video specs here using mediainfo and we can probably give a little more help. Perhaps more importantly post the video specs of the encoded video using one of those profiles and then we may see right away what the problem is.

Attached Files
File Type: txt mediainfo.txt (4.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #1358
moyekj

I don't see an issue with the DVD compliant conversion (though the Audio Bit rate of 448Kbps is at the limit of what Tivo can decode). Could you also post the mediainfo information of the final mp4 file?
Also would be helpful to have streambaby debug info (streambaby.log file) as detailed in the debugging_problems wiki when attempting to stream the mp4 file.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #1359
moyekj

Also another note. Sometimes when decoding H.264 the Tivo decoder can take up to 10 seconds before displaying video, so you should use a longer clip than 6 seconds for testing it out.

For testing your streambaby setup it's also useful to try out a known good to stream H.264 clip such as this one. (That particular one has AAC audio).
There is another test H.264 clip with oddball resolution and AC3 audio here.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:19 PM   #1360
bluehz

Here is the mediainfo for the converted h264 video that was converted from sources above DV > mpeg-2 > h264 using the recipe from your googlecode site.

I will enable the debug info and report back.

Quote:
I don't see an issue with the DVD compliant conversion (though the Audio Bit rate of 448Kbps is at the limit of what Tivo can decode). Could you also post the mediainfo information of the final mp4 file?
Also would be helpful to have streambaby debug info (streambaby.log file) as detailed in the debugging_problems wiki when attempting to stream the mp4 file.

Attached Files
File Type: txt Clip 11.mp4.mediainfo.txt (2.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #1361
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehz View Post
Here is the mediainfo for the converted h264 video that was converted from sources above DV > mpeg-2 > h264 using the recipe from your googlecode site.

I will enable the debug info and report back.
That one is showing AAC audio instead of AC3? Not that AAC should be an issue but if you generated it from the DVD compliant recording with AC3 audio you should end up with AC3 audio.
Also make sure the sample streams I linked to above stream fine for you with streambaby as those are known to work.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #1362
windracer
joined the 10k club

I've run into my first MKV file that is giving ffmpeg (and thus streambaby and pyTivo) fits for me. I think it might be the AAC-HE audio stream? I've been trying all sorts of things to remux this sucker into a TiVo compatible format and cannot get it to work.

So I just found Sicklybutsexy's MKVac3-Mp4.bat file and it's choking on the audio track as well so I end up with an MP4 video without audio. Am I missing a tool? Any ideas?

Code:
Extracting track 1 with the CodecID 'V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC' to the file 'C:\Users\CurrentUser\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpvidce.h264'. 
Container format: AVC/h.264 elementary stream
Progress: 100%
Extracting track 2 with the CodecID 'A_AAC/MPEG4/LC/SBR' to the file 'C:\Users\CurrentUser\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpvidce.ac3'. 
Container format: raw AAC file with ADTS headers
Progress: 100%
AAC, 5.1 channels, 24khz
Unfortunately libav doesn't contain an (LGPL) AAC decoder.
Using mp4creator for fps 23.976, 64 bits and optimize
Error decoding sei message
mp4creator: can't open file C:\Users\CurrentUser\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpvidce2.ac3: No such file or directory
Deleting temporary files...
Could Not Find C:\Users\CurrentUser\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpvidce2.*
Stop time: 22:37:02.87
Done! Tivo compatible...
It looks like the "unfortunately libav" message is coming from eac3to.

edit: doh! I just realized I've been misreading AAC as AC3! I guess that's my issue ... I need to convert that AAC stream into something else, right?

|
Old 06-30-2009, 12:29 AM   #1363
Rdian06

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
I've run into my first MKV file that is giving ffmpeg (and thus streambaby and pyTivo) fits for me. I think it might be the AAC-HE audio stream? I've been trying all sorts of things to remux this sucker into a TiVo compatible format and cannot get it to work.
Try my new 0.98 Windows ffmpeg build:

http://pytivo.krkeegan.com/post3557.html#3557

The native ffmpeg AAC decoder cannot handle HE AAC, but they made it the default AAC decoder (overriding libfaad) a while back. So my build switches off the native ffmpeg AAC decoder and includes libfaad which can handle HE AAC. (Or at least the one test sample I have works...)

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:47 AM   #1364
windracer
joined the 10k club

Thanks for the info, I'll give that a shot ... although I'm going to try and build my own ffmpeg using your command-line parameters from that post since I'm running on Linux.

|
Old 06-30-2009, 06:44 PM   #1365
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdian06 View Post
The native ffmpeg AAC decoder cannot handle HE AAC, but they made it the default AAC decoder (overriding libfaad) a while back. So my build switches off the native ffmpeg AAC decoder and includes libfaad which can handle HE AAC. (Or at least the one test sample I have works...)
You come through again! Using your AAC patches to libavcodec and your configure flags, I was able to build a new ffmpeg on my Ubuntu server that is able to stream the MKV file now. Thanks!

|
Old 06-30-2009, 09:17 PM   #1366
MrGolden

I wish I could get as much (or any) help finding an answer :-)

Maybe I'm not describing the problem right?

Thanks, anyone...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolden View Post
I've searched for this, and couldn't find an answer...

My problem is an mkv file with subtitles *below* the video, inside the bottom black bar. If I play the video in WMP or VLC, I can see the subtitles, but when I play it on the Tivo using Streambaby the subtitles aren't visible. It seems like Streambaby is zooming in on just the video, and leaving out the black bars (and the subtitles).

I'm using version 027 and have tried the Tivo Ratio button and different TV settings, but none of that works. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

MrGolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:58 PM   #1367
Iluvatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolden View Post
I wish I could get as much (or any) help finding an answer :-)

Maybe I'm not describing the problem right?

Thanks, anyone...?
Are you certain that the subtitles are not soft-subs? Meaning that they are not hard burned into the media file. My guess is that in VLC you can go to the video menu and turn the subtitles on and off.

If this is the case you will need to extract the subtitle track (I use MKVextractGUI) and rename it to the same title as your movie file. It needs to be in SRT format. If it is in a format like ssa/ass you can use a program like Subtitle Workshop to convert it.
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:10 PM   #1368
MrGolden

Yes, that's correct, I can turn them on and off in VLC. I'll try extracting them as you describe.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion!
Old 06-30-2009, 10:47 PM   #1369
MrGolden

That worked!

Thanks again, for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvatar View Post
Are you certain that the subtitles are not soft-subs? Meaning that they are not hard burned into the media file. My guess is that in VLC you can go to the video menu and turn the subtitles on and off.

If this is the case you will need to extract the subtitle track (I use MKVextractGUI) and rename it to the same title as your movie file. It needs to be in SRT format. If it is in a format like ssa/ass you can use a program like Subtitle Workshop to convert it.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:47 AM   #1370
mourning_air

Windows 7 64 bit

Does anyone have any tips or tricks to getting streambaby running on Windows 7 64bit? I am getting the following error:

Quote:
Initializing StreamBaby svn-r239...
07/01/09 06:39:17 FFmpegJavaVideoModule: Unable to load FFmpeg native libraries
07/01/09 06:39:17 Listener: added factory
07/01/09 06:39:17 Main: streambaby ready & listening.
I am able to browse streambaby on the tivo but nothing plays. I have tried hardcoding the ffmpeg.path and the lib.native in the .ini file but that didn't make a difference.
mourning_air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #1371
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mourning_air View Post
Does anyone have any tips or tricks to getting streambaby running on Windows 7 64bit?
My guess is that if you install the 32-bit version of Java, and force streambaby to use it by editing the streambaby.bat file, it should work better. (The ffmpeg binaries are 32-bit, so only the 32-bit version of Java can use them)

I'm running Linux, so I can't really give exact instructions.

kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:46 PM   #1372
mourning_air

Thank you! That was the issue. For those with the same issue: it looks like both the 32 and 64 bit JRE are installed by Sun but the 64 bit is used by default. Change the
Quote:
java -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx256m -Xmx256m -jar "%~dp0/jbin/streambaby.jar" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8
line with
Quote:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java" -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx256m -Xmx256m -jar "%~dp0/jbin/streambaby.jar" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8
One odd thing is that avi files were giving the "stream failed to open" error until I "re-installed" (the first run ffmepeg download process) streambaby using the new batch file, so I would recommend changing the batch file before the first run of streambaby.

Last edited by mourning_air : 07-02-2009 at 08:27 AM.
mourning_air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:12 PM   #1373
kupe
Viva 'la Tivolution!

Hey gang-

I had originally posted this in the PyTivoX thread, but Yoav thought it might get some good insights here.

Anyhow, I'm running PyTivoX 1.3b5 under Leopard 10.5.7 and wanted to ask about a longstanding issue I have. For some reason, my Streambaby video volume under Music, Photos, and Showcases isn't "sticky". That is, anytime I want to view a streaming video, I have to go to my Mac and open PyTivoX and click Apply to "wake up" Streambaby and get it to appear on my Tivo Showcases.

Note that my "classic" PyTivoX volumes (under Now Playing) work just fine.

I've actually had this problem all the way back to PyTivoX 1.1b24. Any thoughts on cause or fix?

Thanks!

Kupe
kupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #1374
warehouse

I just installed streambaby on my Windows Home Server and so far it is working beautifully. I have searched this thread with multiple terms and can't find and answer to the following question:

Is there any way to make the streambaby application appear at the top of the Tivo Showcases list? I'm trying to make this simple for my kids to use and it's hard to explain that they have to scroll down to the bottom every time.

If not, I'll live with it since the application is so convenient. Thanks to all of those responsible for this tool. You guys Rock!
warehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #1375
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by warehouse View Post
Is there any way to make the streambaby application appear at the top of the Tivo Showcases list?
Nope.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:30 PM   #1376
kupe
Viva 'la Tivolution!

Hey gang-

I've been having a problem with Streambaby dropping it's connection to my Tivo HD. I now have a Streambaby log excerpt for the period where this occurred. I watched a minute or so of Forrest Gump in Streambaby, then exited back to Now Playing. When I then checked Showcases, the Streambaby server was not present. Here is the log from the period:

Code:
Thu 2009/07/02 21:27:46.165|   |Acceptor|HostContext|key=mpos:file:/Users/dave/Desktop/Tivo%20Shares/Forest%20Gump.m4v value=18393applicationId=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabyStream applicationGlobal=false
Thu 2009/07/02 21:27:46.165|   |Acceptor|HostContext|applicationIdStr=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabyStream applicationGlobal=false
Thu 2009/07/02 21:27:46.165|   |Acceptor|HostContext|applicationIdStr=com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabyStream
Thu 2009/07/02 21:27:46.165|   |Acceptor|HostContext|compKey=652000180397425-and-com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabyStream
Thu 2009/07/02 21:27:46.165|   |Acceptor|HostContext|compKey=652000180397425-and-com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.StreamBabyStream
Thu 2009/07/02 21:27:46.168|   |Acceptor|Listener|
Thu 2009/07/02 21:27:46.168|   |Acceptor|Factory|HME receiver disconnected
Thu 2009/07/02 21:27:48.083|   |Acceptor|NamedStream|DeRegistering named stream: e4275561-b21e-4b98-94cf-eb7b6b6f915b.stream
Thu 2009/07/02 21:27:48.084|   |Acceptor|SocketProcessInputStream|Destroying running process...
Thu 2009/07/02 21:27:48.088|   |Acceptor|Listener|
Thu 2009/07/02 21:27:48.088|   |Acceptor|Listener|10.0.1.6 I/O Exception handling  HTTP GET e4275561-b21e-4b98-94cf-eb7b6b6f915b.stream: Broken pipe
Thu 2009/07/02 21:27:48.089|   |Acceptor|Listener|ctx=HttpRequest /streambaby/e4275561-b21e-4b98-94cf-eb7b6b6f915b.stream t=java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
Thu 2009/07/02 21:56:34.145|   |Timer-0|InfoCache$PruneTask|Pruning cache...
Thu 2009/07/02 21:56:34.145|   |Timer-0|InfoCache$PruneTask|Pruning complete.
I'm running the latest PyTivoX 1.3b5 and Leopard 10.5.7. I've been having this problem though for many versions of Streambaby. Yoav thought that the Broken Pipe error could be relevant, but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Thanks!

Kupe
kupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:46 PM   #1377
whozat

The 0xffff

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
Sure enough, rolling back to 0.25 resolved my 0xffffff issue. Thanks!

I'm also having the 0xffff problem with .mp4 files in the versions of streambaby with the new MP4Splitter code. I tried that test.mp4 file that was linked here, one that's known to work. I've got the whole log, but here's what looks to be the appropriate snippet:

Code:
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2009/07/03 16:30:21 | 07/03/09 16:30:21 MP4StreamFactory$2: Start reinterleave...
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2009/07/03 16:30:21 | 07/03/09 16:30:21 MP4StreamFactory$2: Total size of all mdat chunks: 14405857
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2009/07/03 16:30:21 | 07/03/09 16:30:21 MP4StreamFactory$2: Finished reinterleave in: 0.052s
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2009/07/03 16:30:21 | 07/03/09 16:30:21 NamedStream: Registering named stream: 6677cb9a-7c7d-4433-b548-b992194f53e1.stream
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2009/07/03 16:30:22 | 07/03/09 16:30:22 StreamBabyStream$StreamBabyStreamFactory: uri=6677cb9a-7c7d-4433-b548-b992194f53e1.stream
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2009/07/03 16:30:22 | 07/03/09 16:30:22 NamedStream: Getting mapped stream for named stream: 6677cb9a-7c7d-4433-b548-b992194f53e1.stream
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2009/07/03 16:30:22 | 07/03/09 16:30:22 NamedStream: Getting mapped stream for named stream: 6677cb9a-7c7d-4433-b548-b992194f53e1.stream
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2009/07/03 16:30:25 | 07/03/09 16:30:25 NamedStream: DeRegistering named stream: 6677cb9a-7c7d-4433-b548-b992194f53e1.stream
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2009/07/03 16:30:25 | 07/03/09 16:30:25 JavaMP4Splitter$Splitter$1: IOException: java.io.IOException: Pipe closed
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2009/07/03 16:30:27 | 07/03/09 16:30:27 ViewScreen: error=ERROR: 0xffff
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2009/07/03 16:30:27 | test.mp4
Any idea why this new stuff is failing with this file that's supposed to be good?
whozat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #1378
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by whozat View Post
I'm also having the 0xffff problem with .mp4 files in the versions of streambaby with the new MP4Splitter code. I tried that test.mp4 file that was linked here, one that's known to work. I've got the whole log, but here's what looks to be the appropriate snippet:

Any idea why this new stuff is failing with this file that's supposed to be good?
Note that sometimes the Tivo gets in a bad state where it won't stream anything for a while, always giving you the 0xffff error. If you wait a while or play an mpeg2 stream for a few seconds it usually clears up. The test.mp4 clip plays for me fine in latest svn version as well as 0.27.

NOTE: I don't know if it's relevant but I have this setting permanently in streambaby.ini as I had issues with some of my mp4 files with interleaving enabled.
mp4module.interleave=false

Old 07-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #1379
Adahn

Can streambaby be used to play mp3's to tivo?
I have it working as designed for mpegs (not the Divx ones unfortunately).

My tivo sees the folders my mp3's are in, but only as empty directories.
Adahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #1380
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Streambaby is for video. There are lots of other programs you could use to handle audio.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote