TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #1021
bkdtv

For a number of videos, I have to change the PAR (pixel aspect ratio) in Yamb to 1:1 before they will display in the correct aspect ratio. Otherwise, they display in 4:3.

Would it be possible for you to use the video's native resolution to determine default aspect ratio, when no PAR is specified in the file? Or is that even possible for you to do when streaming?
bkdtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #1022
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicklybutsexy View Post
I think I had changed it to move %outfile% H:\ and that works but I can't seem to get it to move to any specific directory such as H:\My Movies. Any ideas?
If you are on windows then you will need to wrap the folder inside of double quotes since there is a space in your folder name.

"H:\My Moves"

Rick
rfryar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:27 PM   #1023
Sicklybutsexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfryar View Post
If you are on windows then you will need to wrap the folder inside of double quotes since there is a space in your folder name.

"H:\My Moves"

Rick
excellent, thank you. still learning.
Sicklybutsexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #1024
bkdtv

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
As to why streambaby can't load the native ffmpeg libraries, if I had to guess, it would be that the Java being used is a 64-bit java and the ffmpeg installed (which streambaby installs automatically) is a 32-bit version. I'm not familiar enough with 64-bit windows to know what happens in this case, but not being able to load the libraries seems like a definite possiblity.
That was the problem.

I edited streambaby.bat as shown below, and now Streambaby is able to load the native ffmpeg libraries under 64-bit Windows. I no longer see ffmpeg.exe as a separate process with 40-50% cpu utilization.

Code:
@echo off
set LAUNCHDIR="%CD%"
pushd "%~dp0\native"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx256m -Xmx256m -jar "%~dp0/jbin/streambaby.jar" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 
echo Exited.
pause
popd

Old 04-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #1025
bkdtv

Quote:
excellent, thank you. still learning.
Nice work on the bat files, but I did notice a problem: it often produces files with the incorrect aspect ratio when streamed.

You might consider adding mp4box to the list of programs, and then give the user the option of setting the pixel aspect ratio. That would fix the aspect ratio problem. The command is:

MP4Box.exe -par 1=X:Y FinalMP4video.mp4

I think you can just set 1:1 for PAR. At least, that works when you change the PAR using Yamb.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #1026
Sicklybutsexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdtv View Post
Nice work on the bat files, but I did notice a problem: it often produces files with the incorrect aspect ratio when streamed.

You might consider adding mp4box to the list of programs, and then give the user the option of setting the pixel aspect ratio. That would fix the aspect ratio problem. The command is:

MP4Box.exe -par 1=X:Y FinalMP4video.mp4

I think you can just set 1:1 for PAR. At least, that works when you change the PAR using Yamb.
Does it work with ac3. I've heard that mp4box gives problems when the video is not aac, is that true?
Old 04-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #1027
bkdtv

Quote:
Does it work with ac3. I've heard that mp4box gives problems when the video is not aac, is that true?
The latest version of Yamb (2.1b) can mux MP4 files with AC3, so I'm assuming it does. If it does not, you can still use mp4box to set the pixel aspect ratio of the final MP4 file, after it is created with mp4creator.

Update: With a search, I came across this:

Quote:
MP4Box is not able to concatenate files w/ ac3 streams...you have to extract each streams first and then concatenate them.

Something like:

MP4Box -raw 1 file1.mp4
MP4Box -raw 2 file1.mp4
MP4Box -raw 1 file2.mp4
MP4Box -raw 2 file2.mp4
MP4Box -add file2_video.h264 -add file2_audio.ac3 -cat file1_video.h264 -cat file1_audio.ac3 output.mp4
It sounds like the issues with mp4box and Dolby Digital only come into play when combining multiple video streams into a single file. For your purposes, it sounds like mp4box would work fine to mux h264 and ac3 streams.

Last edited by bkdtv : 04-20-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:43 PM   #1028
bkdtv

Has anyone tried the free MP4 Faststart utility which "adjusts the MP4's metadata to allow for Flash players to play them right away (Fast Start), while it progressively downloads."

It puts a UI on that functionality in mp4box.

Edit: Just tried this utility and it added thumbnail support to all of my MP4 files.

Last edited by bkdtv : 04-20-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:03 PM   #1029
Sicklybutsexy

Quote:
Has anyone tried the free MP4 Faststart utility which "adjusts the MP4's metadata to allow for Flash players to play them right away (Fast Start), while it progressively downloads."

It puts a UI on that functionality in mp4box.
It might be just me, but I've tried applying the mp4box -par=1:1 to a file after being created with mp4creator and when I try to stream I don't get audio. That was a couple of months ago however. Is it because you have to do each individual stream like you said above?
Old 04-20-2009, 04:07 PM   #1030
bkdtv

Quote:
It might be just me, but I've tried applying the mp4box -par=1:1 to a file after being created with mp4creator and when I try to stream I don't get audio. That was a couple of months ago however. Is it because you have to do each individual stream like you said above?
I suppose it is possible that you have to do mp4box -par=1:1 on the .h264 stream prior to muxing....at least for mp4 files with AC3 audio.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #1031
kearygriffin

Quote:
For a number of videos, I have to change the PAR (pixel aspect ratio) in Yamb to 1:1 before they will display in the correct aspect ratio. Otherwise, they display in 4:3.

Would it be possible for you to use the video's native resolution to determine default aspect ratio, when no PAR is specified in the file? Or is that even possible for you to do when streaming?
This might be possible, but to be honest I am not exactly sure what causes the problem in the first place-- It's not obvious to me as to what info the MP4 is "missing" that causes the problem. (aspect ratio in MP4's is usually derived from info in the track header which is required in all MP4's)

Do you have a short MP4 sample that exhibits the aspect ratio problem on the TiVo? (And if it's not too hard the same sample that has been fixed with YAMB, as my windows partition is currently hosed)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:06 PM   #1032
Sicklybutsexy

Quote:
I suppose it is possible that you have to do mp4box -par=1:1 on the .h264 stream prior to muxing....at least for mp4 files with AC3 audio.
I think if you do that you get an mp4 file without audio which I guess you would then have to demux to get the h264 file again.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #1033
bkdtv

Quote:
I think if you do that you get an mp4 file without audio which I guess you would then have to demux to get the h264 file again.
You are already demuxing the h264 video stream from the MKV. Can't you apply PAR then, and then remux the h264 stream with the new audio stream?
Old 04-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #1034
Sicklybutsexy

Quote:
You are already demuxing the h264 video stream from the MKV. Can't you apply PAR then, and then remux the h264 stream with the new audio stream?
I've tried that and I think mp4box only outputs as an mp4...in other words only h264 in an mp4 container.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:16 PM   #1035
moyekj

FYI, Amazon HD downloads are finally publicly released and by the reports many titles coming with 5.1 Dolby audio. So I would guess Amazon must be using H.264 + AC3 audio unless something has changed recently for supported encodings for Tivo. Amazon VOD in general is too expensive for my taste and I prefer the Netflix streaming model, but it's nice to have an HD download option if there is something you really want right away. Plus there are a few free videos on Amazon...
May be interesting to sniff out an Amazon HD download just to see what encoding type it is for sure...
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:41 AM   #1036
spocko
TiVo HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
May be interesting to sniff out an Amazon HD download just to see what encoding type it is for sure...
Agreed. I also wonder if it was coincidence that software ver 11.0c and Amazon HD came out at the same time. Could there be something new in 11.0c in terms of the types of encodings that are supported?
spocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:58 AM   #1037
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by spocko View Post
Agreed. I also wonder if it was coincidence that software ver 11.0c and Amazon HD came out at the same time. Could there be something new in 11.0c in terms of the types of encodings that are supported?
That would be easy to check if someone can generate or get hold of 11.0c "tivoapp" binary (the main tivo executable). I doubt anything has changed though.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #1038
Yoav

Error compiling the svn latest:
Code:
build-project:
     [echo] main: /Users/yoav/src/streambaby/main/build.xml
    [javac] Compiling 218 source files to /Users/yoav/src/streambaby/main/bin
    [javac] /Users/yoav/src/streambaby/main/src/com/unwiredappeal/tivo/streambaby/host/Main.java:162: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class TiVoListener
    [javac] location: class com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.host.Main
    [javac] 	            	new TiVoListener(rv[i]);
    [javac]                             ^
    [javac] 1 error
Also, any instructions for enabling / configuring the push or do I grok through the code?

Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #1039
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
Error compiling the svn latest:
Code:
build-project:
     [echo] main: /Users/yoav/src/streambaby/main/build.xml
    [javac] Compiling 218 source files to /Users/yoav/src/streambaby/main/bin
    [javac] /Users/yoav/src/streambaby/main/src/com/unwiredappeal/tivo/streambaby/host/Main.java:162: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class TiVoListener
    [javac] location: class com.unwiredappeal.tivo.streambaby.host.Main
    [javac] 	            	new TiVoListener(rv[i]);
    [javac]                             ^
    [javac] 1 error
Also, any instructions for enabling / configuring the push or do I grok through the code?
Sorry, Fixed.

I either need to get git integrated with my eclipse environment or start remembering to add the files manually...

Old 04-22-2009, 06:26 PM   #1040
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
Probably should let Keary comment on this further but... Add the following to streambaby.ini:
tivo.username=xxx
tivo.password=xxx

(those are your Tivo web site login and password). Once you have that streambaby will switch to it's own push code and server such that pyTivo is no longer needed/used.
NOTE: This is new and still being tested and there is 1 pending issue on Windows platform for transcoding pushes which still has not been resolved.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #1041
JamieP

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
That would be easy to check if someone can generate or get hold of 11.0c "tivoapp" binary (the main tivo executable). I doubt anything has changed though.
Doesn't look like anything was added since 11.0b:
Code:
supportedEncodingType
avcL41MP4
vc1ApL3
mpeg2ProgramStream
That's the list from the 11.0c tivoapp right arfter "supportedEncodingType".
JamieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:27 PM   #1042
kearygriffin

Internal push w/o pyTivo

As alluded to in previous messages, and thanks to moyekj taking the initiative to port the required pyTivo python code to Java, the newest version of streambaby:
http://streambaby.googlecode.com/fil...y-svn-r228.zip

Allows you to push content to your TiVo (instead of streaming) without the requirement of having pyTivo running.

The current version will still use pyTivo for pushes by default, but this is likely to be removed in the future.

To activate the internal push, simply add the following entries in streambaby.ini:
tivo.username=yourusername@somewhere.com
tivo.password=yourpassword

Where yourusername@somewhere.com and yourpassword are the username and password you use to login to your account at tivo.com

Streambaby should auto-detect all of the TiVo's on the network and allow you to push videos to them. When selection a video from the selection screen, you should see the "Push" option in addition to the standard play/resume play options. If you have multiple TiVo's you can use the left/right arrows to toggle between them.

For a more advanced configuration (or if the auto-discovery does not work for some reason) you can individual designate some/all of the TiVo's:
tivo.1=NameOfThisTivo
tivo.1.username=username for tivo.com
tivo.1.password=password for tivo.com
tivo.1.tsn=serial number of the tivo without dashes/spaces
tivo.2.=xxxx
...etc...

(tivo.x.username= and tivo.x.password= are optional, and if not specfied tivo.username= and tivo.password will be used)

There are probably still a few loose ends and some bugs, but it seems to work pretty well. It should include the title and description from the pyTivo metadata in the push.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:00 AM   #1043
conan76

Excellent work kearygriffin! I'm looking forward to using this, but won't be testing as StreamBaby is too important to my family for taking any risks Hope the next stable release comes out soon.

BTW, one other enhancement my wife keeps asking for is to be able to play a folder & for all videos in subfolders to be played. Is this possible?
conan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:30 AM   #1044
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan76 View Post
BTW, one other enhancement my wife keeps asking for is to be able to play a folder & for all videos in subfolders to be played. Is this possible?
This is already a feature. While the folder is highlighted just hit the play button, just like in the TiVo Now playing screens. It will then play each video in the folder.

Regards,

Rick
rfryar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:35 AM   #1045
reneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan76 View Post
Excellent work kearygriffin! I'm looking forward to using this, but won't be testing as StreamBaby is too important to my family for taking any risks Hope the next stable release comes out soon.

I loaded the new version of Streambaby up and it worked great. It saw all three Tivos on my net and I was able to push videos.

Also, You can use FF to play all the videos in a folder. Not sure if it works or not with nested folders. Streambaby Remote Button Summary Link
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:48 AM   #1046
Sicklybutsexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneg View Post
I loaded the new version of Streambaby up and it worked great. It saw all three Tivos on my net and I was able to push videos.

Also, You can use FF to play all the videos in a folder. Not sure if it works or not with nested folders. Streambaby Remote Button Summary Link
One enchancement that could use work, unless I missed it, is fixing the metadata...Is there a way to have it arrange by episode number or by date aired?
Old 04-25-2009, 08:12 PM   #1047
TheAmigo

Question Streambaby not showing on TiVo

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I didn't see a FAQ page on the wiki (BTW, the GettingStarted link is broken)

When I run streambaby, it says:
Code:
Initializing...
04/25/09 20:03:24 Listener: added factory
04/25/09 20:03:24 Main: streambaby ready & listening.
and nothing else. When I click on Music, Photos & more, I see my pyTivo photo and music shares, but no Streambaby.

streambaby.ini:
Code:
dir.1=/space/Videos
dir.1.name=Videos on Snoopy
Linux snoopy 2.6.28-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Mar 17 06:42:43 UTC 2009 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
Java:
java version "1.6.0_13"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_13-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 11.3-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
TiVo:
S3
Netstat shows streambaby listening on 7290, but tcpdump sees no packets going between my PC's port 7290 and the TiVo.

Attached is my debug log file... any susggestions?
Attached Files
File Type: txt streambaby.log.txt (2.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #1048
jasa

Hey guys and thanks for great app!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering when the new stable version will be released with all the great features you have added ????

I have been using it since version.19 and it has been great app Keary and moyekj and all the others who are doing it you guys rock !!!!!!!!!

jasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #1049
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmigo View Post
Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I didn't see a FAQ page on the wiki (BTW, the GettingStarted link is broken)

When I run streambaby, it says:
Code:
Initializing...
04/25/09 20:03:24 Listener: added factory
04/25/09 20:03:24 Main: streambaby ready & listening.
and nothing else. When I click on Music, Photos & more, I see my pyTivo photo and music shares, but no Streambaby.

streambaby.ini:
Code:
dir.1=/space/Videos
dir.1.name=Videos on Snoopy
Linux snoopy 2.6.28-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Mar 17 06:42:43 UTC 2009 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
Java:
java version "1.6.0_13"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_13-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 11.3-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
TiVo:
S3
Netstat shows streambaby listening on 7290, but tcpdump sees no packets going between my PC's port 7290 and the TiVo.

Attached is my debug log file... any susggestions?
Are you running IPv6? The TiVo HME SDK isn't compatible with it. I think you'll have to disable it, if that's the problem.
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #1050
kearygriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzotek View Post
Are you running IPv6? The TiVo HME SDK isn't compatible with it. I think you'll have to disable it, if that's the problem.
I did some testing with IPV6 a couple of weeks go, when it was first mentioned and indeed it did not work. The newer SVN versions however *should* work (I only tested on my main dev environment which is Ubuntu 8.10-amd64).

The newer versions have -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true in the bash/.bat script which seemed to take care of the problem.

You may also want to make sure streambaby is listening on the correct IP address by editing streambaby.ini and adding:
ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the main IP address on your PC.

The only other thing I have seen that may cause the issue noted (Streambaby not showing up in movies, photos, & showcases) is multicast issues having to do with the particular router(s) setup on the network. When I first started developing streambaby I was running OpenWRT in bridge mode, and it was not passing the mDns multicast broadcast across the bridge. My final solution for this was to change my network setup ;-)