TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2009, 07:46 PM   #481
kagacins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5
Thanks for the quick reply! With respect to sorting by date, I'm not hoping for the ability for the program to be able to pick up the air date from the meta file or anything more complex like that, but rather to not re-order the files alphabetically when viewed within Streambaby (if it just stays in the order it is in the native directory that would be perfect). Maybe that isn't as complicated as some of the alternatives? Ironically for me, the alphabetization is only an issue when the meta data is included in the stream because the files are numbered and therefore sorted in the right order on my system.

Thank you again and your time, work, and effort are sincerely appreciated.
kagacins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #482
Yoav
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,048
Hd...

So, I made the one line change in streambaby to make it choose the 720p display, and changed blue.jpg to match..
It looks 'nice'...

the forum won't let me upload the appropriate jpg, so I'm putting it up on the web temporarily:
http://yoav.org/files/blue.jpg
(the file goes in assets/)

The one line change: in ./main/src/com/unwiredappeal/tivo/streambaby/StreamBabyStream.java

change line 294 to read:
Code:
   Resolution r= new Resolution("1280x720-PAR=1/1");
Is there any reason *not* to make this the new default behavior? the fonts look smoother, the background is less blocky (ok that's the old jpeg being a little too compressed I think).... It really does look nicer...
__________________
Don't pay for Tivo Desktop / Roxio on the mac:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Yoav : 02-20-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #483
kearygriffin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
So, I made the one line change in streambaby to make it choose the 720p display, and changed blue.jpg to match..
It looks 'nice'...

the forum won't let me upload the appropriate jpg, so I'm putting it up on the web temporarily:
http://yoav.org/files/blue.jpg
(the file goes in assets/)

The one line change: in ./main/src/com/unwiredappeal/tivo/streambaby/StreamBabyStream.java

change line 294 to read:
Code:
   Resolution r= new Resolution("1280x720-PAR=1/1");
Is there any reason *not* to make this the new default behavior? the fonts look smoother, the background is less blocky (ok that's the old jpeg being a little too compressed I think).... It really does look nicer...
The selection screen does look much better, but unfortunately a lot of things are messed up by this. (The play screen, the shuttlebar, preview window, etc...)

Maybe this will give me the incentive to fix these things ;-)
kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #484
Yoav
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
The selection screen does look much better, but unfortunately a lot of things are messed up by this. (The play screen, the shuttlebar, preview window, etc...)

Maybe this will give me the incentive to fix these things ;-)
Oh, I didn't think about those. I made the change, looked at it, and said "ooh".
I'm happy to help code the rest of the stuff -- although it's quite a learning experience for me. Or help test it if you need... But yeah, I really do wish the app switched to defaulting to HD.. it looks much better (and anyone who owns a tivo HD / S3 probably has an HDTV its hooked up to anyways).
__________________
Don't pay for Tivo Desktop / Roxio on the mac:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #485
kearygriffin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
....although it's quite a learning experience for me....
Me too ;-) I think the reason I have held out so far, is that the bananas-plus library I am using is designed to make handling these things easier, using relative layouts instead of hardcoded, and skins for different resolutions. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure it out as I was writing streambaby so gave up and used hard-coded constants. When I switch to HD, I don't want to do the same thing again and start hard-coding two sets of constants (one for 640x480, one for HD). I want to actually use the library as intended.
kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #486
Yoav
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
Me too ;-) I think the reason I have held out so far, is that the bananas-plus library I am using is designed to make handling these things easier, using relative layouts instead of hardcoded, and skins for different resolutions. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure it out as I was writing streambaby so gave up and used hard-coded constants. When I switch to HD, I don't want to do the same thing again and start hard-coding two sets of constants (one for 640x480, one for HD). I want to actually use the library as intended.
Hmm....

guess that means no HD for us soon? (cries quietly in the corner).
__________________
Don't pay for Tivo Desktop / Roxio on the mac:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:13 PM   #487
pmd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
Me too ;-) I think the reason I have held out so far, is that the bananas-plus library I am using is designed to make handling these things easier, using relative layouts instead of hardcoded, and skins for different resolutions. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure it out as I was writing streambaby so gave up and used hard-coded constants. When I switch to HD, I don't want to do the same thing again and start hard-coding two sets of constants (one for 640x480, one for HD). I want to actually use the library as intended.
Perhaps you've already seen it, but there's a thread where banana-plus's author helped someone else understand resolution independency:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=385669

I had a look at the library's google code page - there's not much other information about how the scaling is supposed to work is there?
pmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #488
Yoav
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,048
Ok so I decided to dive in
So far I've changed it so that it scales the big preview window correctly, and uses a fixed-size small window, but places it in the correct place (middle of screen, shifted up around 50 pixels -- so works at any resolution).

The shuttlebar is now correctly located as well. (it's set to a width that is 4/5's the width of the screen, and 150 pixels above the bottom -- so it should work at any resolution).

Attaching a diff...

Note that I don't have a non-HD to test it with, nor did I test 'extra' stuff like metadata (don't have it) or passwords.. but the basic stuff seems to be working..

apply the patch, and download http://yoav.org/files/blue.jpg and put it under assets/
Attached Files
File Type: txt patch.txt (4.8 KB, 7 views)
__________________
Don't pay for Tivo Desktop / Roxio on the mac:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #489
kearygriffin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 346
Thanks Yoav, I applied to patches and added some quick fixes to the playscreen & the metadata formating. I also adjusted the preview window to have a consistent size (so I made it bigger in HD). Not sure if there are any ramifications as far as precached thumbnails, but I don't think so.

I pushed the changes to the SVN repository, and a binary can be found here:
http://streambaby.googlecode.com/fil...by-svn-r98.zip

There are still some small layout issues, and metadata comes out teeny tiny, so I haven't made it default it yet. To activate the HD stuff, add these lines to streambaby.ini:
background.image=background-720.jpg
hme.res=720

Now I guess I'll never get to fixing all the layout stuff ;-)
kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:54 PM   #490
Yoav
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,048
Woohoo.. Ok, getting latest svn and including it in pyTivoX
thanks!!!
__________________
Don't pay for Tivo Desktop / Roxio on the mac:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:27 AM   #491
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 8,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
Woohoo.. Ok, getting latest svn and including it in pyTivoX
thanks!!!
Yoav, if you're still looking into it there's still plenty of things left to correct/improve at 720p resolution:
* The row spacing is way too big in selection screen. One could fit so much more on the screen with narrower spacing.
* Fonts are way too small for metadata and/or info screen and a little small for closed captions.
* Error message fonts and other message fonts used during video playback are way too small
* The captions on/off graphics are now in center of screen instead of upper right
* Please Wait graphic could use an HD image in 720p mode
* Very long titles don't wrap around in selection screen - that's not a 720p specific issue but worth fixing

There's probably more... so quite a long list and now I see why Keary hasn't been motivated to do it yet
__________________
Roamio Pro (GigE)
Elite (MoCA)
Premiere (MoCA adapter)
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:43 AM   #492
Yoav
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Yoav, if you're still looking into it there's still plenty of things left to correct/improve at 720p resolution:
* The row spacing is way too big in selection screen. One could fit so much more on the screen with narrower spacing.
* Fonts are way too small for metadata and/or info screen and a little small for closed captions.
* Error message fonts and other message fonts used during video playback are way too small
* The captions on/off graphics are now in center of screen instead of upper right
* Please Wait graphic could use an HD image in 720p mode
* Very long titles don't wrap around in selection screen - that's not a 720p specific issue but worth fixing

There's probably more... so quite a long list and now I see why Keary hasn't been motivated to do it yet
Ok gives me more stuff to do (I just don't want to end up repeating work keary is doing.. this is very uncoordinated...). So tell me if you're already fixing/fixed some of this stuff so I don't go trying to figure out how to fix it myself...
__________________
Don't pay for Tivo Desktop / Roxio on the mac:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:58 AM   #493
kearygriffin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
Ok gives me more stuff to do (I just don't want to end up repeating work keary is doing.. this is very uncoordinated...). So tell me if you're already fixing/fixed some of this stuff so I don't go trying to figure out how to fix it myself...
I'm working on some MP4 compatibility issues over the weekend, so I don't plan on doing anything further with the HD.

I think the hardest thing to fix is going to be the HTML rendered metadata. Probably need to change the XSLT from using <font size="xx"> to using CSS, and applying a different CSS stylesheet based on resolution.

The only request I have for the HD stuff is to make sure that any changes are compatible with 640x480, as there are still some people who need it. (My Mom being one them, and since I am in charge of all of her audio/video needs, I was hoping to be able to put off the HDTV purchase till at least next Christmas ;-)
kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:22 AM   #494
Yoav
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
I'm working on some MP4 compatibility issues over the weekend, so I don't plan on doing anything further with the HD.

I think the hardest thing to fix is going to be the HTML rendered metadata. Probably need to change the XSLT from using <font size="xx"> to using CSS, and applying a different CSS stylesheet based on resolution.

The only request I have for the HD stuff is to make sure that any changes are compatible with 640x480, as there are still some people who need it. (My Mom being one them, and since I am in charge of all of her audio/video needs, I was hoping to be able to put off the HDTV purchase till at least next Christmas ;-)
All the changes I plan to make would be 'relative' sizes, so it *should* work fine for any size display. However, I know zero about this stuff, so we'll see..
__________________
Don't pay for Tivo Desktop / Roxio on the mac:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:35 AM   #495
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless
 
wmcbrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
All the changes I plan to make would be 'relative' sizes, so it *should* work fine for any size display.
I'm not sure what that means, but you really need two sets of everything (coordinates, graphics) to support both SD and HD properly.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:54 AM   #496
Yoav
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,048
Ok, next patch is in, only two real changes:

1. If y resolution is < 720, then font sizes are reduced less for 'small', 'tiny'. (this makes SOME of the metadata display in a more readable font, but not the xsl stuff).

2. Use specific sizes for 'rows' in the list of shows (instead of the default layout). effect is that if you're on HD, you can fit a lot more shows in the list (smaller gap between each showname). I tried it on the 640x480 emulator, and it looks fine, and it looks fine on 1280x720.

I'm really the wrong person to mess with this . I'm messing around in the dark, with just the javadocs for bananas and hme. I really really have no idea what I'm doing .

patch attached
Attached Files
File Type: txt patch.txt (2.8 KB, 6 views)
__________________
Don't pay for Tivo Desktop / Roxio on the mac:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Yoav : 02-21-2009 at 05:10 AM.
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #497
Yoav
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,048
Ok I've coded up the changes necessary for closed-captioning / CC icon changes, which I believes now leaves only the metadata xsl -> html using stylesheets.

Keary, It's a little bit of a pain for me to make diffs since the source I use is a little modified from yours (I have to get rid of a bunch of @Override declarations for it to build). Any chance I can get write-access to the repository (I'll email you when I make changes and you can freely back them out).

yoav.yerushalmi at gmail.com
__________________
Don't pay for Tivo Desktop / Roxio on the mac:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #498
kearygriffin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
Ok I've coded up the changes necessary for closed-captioning / CC icon changes, which I believes now leaves only the metadata xsl -> html using stylesheets.

Keary, It's a little bit of a pain for me to make diffs since the source I use is a little modified from yours (I have to get rid of a bunch of @Override declarations for it to build). Any chance I can get write-access to the repository (I'll email you when I make changes and you can freely back them out).

yoav.yerushalmi at gmail.com
All set. I already pushed your previous patch.

However, I am concerned about the @Override issue, as I don't think you should be having a problem building. Can you give me an example @Override that is causing a problem? I'm afraid that if I don't fix it, I will end up having problems with JDK 1.5 again. (I'm a little surprised, because I now have JDK 1.5 as the JRE in eclipse, so I thought I would see any issues if they arose)

Thanks
kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #499
Yoav
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
All set. I already pushed your previous patch.

However, I am concerned about the @Override issue, as I don't think you should be having a problem building. Can you give me an example @Override that is causing a problem? I'm afraid that if I don't fix it, I will end up having problems with JDK 1.5 again. (I'm a little surprised, because I now have JDK 1.5 as the JRE in eclipse, so I thought I would see any issues if they arose)

Thanks
Ok, so the two issues compiling are:

1) There seems to be a need to specify the location for the bcel libraries in the ffmpeg-java/build.local. If I just run 'ant' on a clean source tree, I get:
Code:
javac:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /Users/yoav/src/foo/streambaby/ffmpeg-java/build/classes
    [javac] Compiling 24 source files to /Users/yoav/src/foo/streambaby/ffmpeg-java/build/classes
    [javac] /Users/yoav/src/foo/streambaby/ffmpeg-java/src/net/sf/ffmpeg_java/bcel/FFmpegClassLoader.java:5: package org.apache.bcel.classfile does not exist
    [javac] import org.apache.bcel.classfile.JavaClass;
    [javac]                                  ^
    [javac] /Users/yoav/src/foo/streambaby/ffmpeg-java/src/net/sf/ffmpeg_java/bcel/FFmpegClassLoader.java:8: package org.apache.bcel.util does not exist
    [javac] public class FFmpegClassLoader extends org.apache.bcel.util.ClassLoader {
    [javac]                                                            ^
    [javac] /Users/yoav/src/foo/streambaby/ffmpeg-java/src/net/sf/ffmpeg_java/bcel/FFmpegClassLoader.java:28: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class JavaClass
    [javac] location: class net.sf.ffmpeg_java.bcel.FFmpegClassLoader
    [javac] 	protected JavaClass modifyClass(JavaClass clazz) {
    [javac]                                         ^
    [javac] /Users/yoav/src/foo/streambaby/ffmpeg-java/src/net/sf/ffmpeg_java/bcel/FFmpegClassLoader.java:28: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class JavaClass

....
(cutting it short since it's a craplot of errors). This is easily fixed with this patch:

Code:
*** ffmpeg-java/custom-build.xml	2009-02-20 20:35:21.000000000 -0800
--- ../../streambaby/ffmpeg-java/custom-build.xml	2009-01-29 10:17:09.000000000 -0800
***************
*** 56,61 ****
--- 56,64 ----
  			<src path="${src}"/>
  			<classpath>
  				<pathelement path="lib/jna.jar" />
+  				<pathelement location="build/classes"/>
+  				<pathelement location="lib/jna.jar"/>
+  				<pathelement location="../lib/bcel-5.2.jar"/>
  			</classpath>			
  		</javac>
Oh hey, with just that change I can now cleanly build the code out of svn, so you must have removed the extraneous @Override's . I'll go do a completely clean re-sync .. yay (ok making diffs will be a lot easier now).
__________________
Don't pay for Tivo Desktop / Roxio on the mac:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:25 PM   #500
Yoav
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,048
So I have the code for the subtitle/font icon stuff, but I need to test it, and (sheepish look) I'm failing to figure out how to generate subtitles into an srt file. Are there simple mac instructions (vlc, mplayer, handbrake, whatnot)? The only thing I can find with handbrake puts the subtitles into the movie....

Alternatively, is there somewhere I can download a test movie with an srt subtitle file?
__________________
Don't pay for Tivo Desktop / Roxio on the mac:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:38 PM   #501
Allanon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 509
Yoav, you can probably make a simple srt test file using this:

http://www.fluffalopefactory.com/miyu/
Allanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:42 PM   #502
Yoav
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
Yoav, you can probably make a simple srt test file using this:

http://www.fluffalopefactory.com/miyu/
I just looked at that, it seems like I have to make the subtitles with it (which could take a while, and I'm not even sure I'd be doing it right). Is there nothing that can just pull off subtitles from a DVD?

edit: oh boy. It looks like the tools that do that are actually doing OCR on a dvd subtitle (I guess dvd subtitles are just images?). Anyways, I guess that means my 'easy' route is to search for an srt for a movie I have that someone else may have made.
__________________
Don't pay for Tivo Desktop / Roxio on the mac:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Yoav : 02-21-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #503
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 8,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
So I have the code for the subtitle/font icon stuff, but I need to test it, and (sheepish look) I'm failing to figure out how to generate subtitles into an srt file. Are there simple mac instructions (vlc, mplayer, handbrake, whatnot)? The only thing I can find with handbrake puts the subtitles into the movie....

Alternatively, is there somewhere I can download a test movie with an srt subtitle file?
t2sami
Or if code is checked in to svn I can give it a try with my samples.
__________________
Roamio Pro (GigE)
Elite (MoCA)
Premiere (MoCA adapter)
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:55 PM   #504
Allanon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
Is there nothing that can just pull off subtitles from a DVD?
Try this:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/18823
Allanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #505
txporter
One sec, almost done
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 666
Also, if you have a DVD movie or TV show, you can normally google for the subtitles. There is a number of sites that store the srts.

Jason
__________________
Tivo Premiere 2TB WD20EARS (lifetime)
TivoHD 1TB WD10EACS + 1TB WD10EVCS Antec MX-1 (lifetime)
TivoHD 1TB WD10EACS (lifetime)
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:34 PM   #506
jannlinder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 106
Sreambaby Aspect Ratio

Okay, weird thing...

I am using b19 of PyTivoX with StreamBaby and have some issues:

SOME versions of 16:9 items get squished in StreamBaby yet play fine in PyTivoX.

Here is the weird thing: When i tell Streambaby to play at 1201kbps (if that is the correct thing...it is abouty 1200k/s) it stretches them correctly. Here is another weird thing...If i let the incorrectly formatted 4:3 play and hit FF on my remote, the thumbnail Streambaby produces (when it is showing the timeline to fast forward to) is ALWAYS the correct 16:9 aspect ratio!

help!

J
jannlinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:04 PM   #507
Yoav
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannlinder View Post
Okay, weird thing...

I am using b19 of PyTivoX with StreamBaby and have some issues:

SOME versions of 16:9 items get squished in StreamBaby yet play fine in PyTivoX.

Here is the weird thing: When i tell Streambaby to play at 1201kbps (if that is the correct thing...it is abouty 1200k/s) it stretches them correctly. Here is another weird thing...If i let the incorrectly formatted 4:3 play and hit FF on my remote, the thumbnail Streambaby produces (when it is showing the timeline to fast forward to) is ALWAYS the correct 16:9 aspect ratio!

help!

J
Get out of streambaby (just watch Live TV or something) and hit the 'aspect' button on your remote. Make sure it's set to 'panel'. Then view something on streambaby, does it still stretch incorrectly?
__________________
Don't pay for Tivo Desktop / Roxio on the mac:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:10 PM   #508
jannlinder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
Get out of streambaby (just watch Live TV or something) and hit the 'aspect' button on your remote. Make sure it's set to 'panel'. Then view something on streambaby, does it still stretch incorrectly?
Yes, it stretches incorrectly

It is set to panel.

ps: Other shows and mp4's play correctly at 16:9 even in streambaby. It is a series of mp4s that does this. Here is the mp4info output:

MP4INFO:
Track Type Info
1 video H264 Baseline@3, 2618.118 secs, 1511 kbps, 852x480 @ 23.976001 fps
2 audio MPEG-4 AAC LC, 2617.472 secs, 128 kbps, 48000 Hz
Metadata Name: War Crimes
Metadata Year: 2001-11-07T07:00:00Z
Metadata Album: The West Wing Season 3
Metadata track: 6 of 23
Metadata Genre: TV Show
FFMPEG INFO:
Duration: 00:43:38.11, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 1642 kb/s
Stream #0.0(eng): Video: h264, yuv420p, 852x480, 23.98 tb(r)
Stream #0.1(eng): Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16


and another one:
MP4INFO:
Track Type Info
1 video H264 Baseline@3, 2549.924 secs, 1511 kbps, 852x480 @ 23.976009 fps
2 audio MPEG-4 AAC LC, 2549.312 secs, 128 kbps, 48000 Hz
Metadata Name: Gone Quiet
Metadata Year: 2001-11-14T07:00:00Z
Metadata Album: The West Wing Season 3
Metadata track: 7 of 23
Metadata Genre: TV Show
FFMPEG INFO:
Duration: 00:43:38.11, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 1642 kb/s
Stream #0.0(eng): Video: h264, yuv420p, 852x480, 23.98 tb(r)
Stream #0.1(eng): Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16

Those are just two.

Here is one that plays correctly:
MP4INFO:
Track Type Info
1 video H264 Main@3.1, 2560.257 secs, 1501 kbps, 852x480 @ 29.970038 fps
2 audio MPEG-4 AAC LC, 2559.658 secs, 0 kbps, 48000 Hz
Metadata Name: In The Shadow of Two Gunmen (Part 2)
Metadata Year: 2000-10-04T07:00:00Z
Metadata Album: The West Wing Season 2
Metadata track: 2 of 22
Metadata Genre: TV Show
FFMPEG INFO:
Duration: 00:42:40.25, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 1635 kb/s
Stream #0.0(und): Video: h264, yuv420p, 852x480, 29.97 tb(r)
Stream #0.1(und): Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16


and this one also plays correctly:
MP4INFO:
Track Type Info
1 video H264 Main@3.1, 2560.257 secs, 1501 kbps, 852x480 @ 29.970038 fps
2 audio MPEG-4 AAC LC, 2559.658 secs, 0 kbps, 48000 Hz
Metadata Name: In The Shadow of Two Gunmen (Part 2)
Metadata Year: 2000-10-04T07:00:00Z
Metadata Album: The West Wing Season 2
Metadata track: 2 of 22
Metadata Genre: TV Show
FFMPEG INFO:
Duration: 00:43:40.11, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 1634 kb/s
Stream #0.0(und): Video: h264, yuv420p, 852x480, 29.97 tb(r)
Stream #0.1(und): Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16



The only diff i can see (for a large part) is that the ones that do NOT stretch correctly are all 29.97 and not 23.97

Bug?


J

Last edited by jannlinder : 02-22-2009 at 12:05 AM. Reason: add measurements
jannlinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:49 AM   #509
Yoav
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,048
Ok just checked into svn a change to support CC text at multiple resolutions. Basically, the old setting had a variable "cc.fontsize" that defaults to 20 pixels. You can still specify that variable as pixels, but now have the option to use a value from
<tiny, small, medium >
which will use a size that is a variable number of pixels depending on the resolution being used.

I tried it with an srt file I pulled off then internet, and seems to be working fine at both hd and regular, so checked in. Please tell me if it seems like I broke something.

Now to figure out the html scaling and use a stylesheet instead of a fixed font size there...
__________________
Don't pay for Tivo Desktop / Roxio on the mac:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #510
hooper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 131
I am seeing a resource unavailable error when trying to play an mp4 file. Guessing the problem is with the 6 channel aac audio. Thoughts?

2/22/09 10:25:03 VideoModuleHelper: GetVidInfo: file:/M:/Videos/sample.mp4
02/22/09 10:25:03 FFmpegJavaVideoModule: vidDur:59978
02/22/09 10:25:03 FFmpegJavaVideoModule: VideoInfo:
uri: file:/M:/Videos/sample.mp4, Container: mkv, Duration: 59.978 seconds
Video: h264 720x304 23.976023976023978 fps
PixAspect: 1.0, Aspect: 2.368421
Audio: aac 48000HZ 6 channels
02/22/09 10:25:03 VideoModuleHelper: Guessing bitrate for file:/M:/Videos/sample.mp4 to: 1949

02/22/09 10:25:27 ViewScreen: error=ERROR: resource unavailable sample.mp4
hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |