TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-22-2015, 04:54 PM   #1
alleybj

There was an error while attempting to retrieve data from the selected DVR

I'm using TivoDesktop and have used it successfully for a number of years. I've been using it just fine with my Roamio Pro since 2013. This weekend, I started getting the error message "There was an error while attempting to retrieve data from the selected DVR. The system cannot find the file specified." TivoDesktop can see the Roamio Plus, and the error comes after it counts down through the 749 recordings. The Roamio Plus can see and access the recordings on my computer through TivoDesktop. I have TivoDesktop running on other computers, with the same result. I have a premiere and an elite also, and TivoDesktop continues to be able to access those. I've had 20.4.6 on the Roamio for a couple of weeks, so no immediate impact from that. I've reinstalled Tivo Desktop, rebooted everything, changed the Roamio's name, and deauthorized and reauthorized on the website. I can access the shows by using https and the TiVo ip address. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

alleybj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:42 PM   #2
alleybj

As further info, I can transfer shows by connecting to the Roamio Plus via https, but it appears that I can only access the first fifty shows and only queue up one show at a time. I would really love to have Tivo Desktop back. Despite the couple week delay before I saw an impact, is it possible that 20.4.6 isn't playing well with Tivo Desktop? Thanks

Old 02-26-2015, 05:56 PM   #3
alleybj

After almost a week, the problem seems to have fixed itself; puzzling