TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-30-2015, 11:10 PM   #1
brshoemak

Roamio - No HDMI anything

This is driving me a little nuts.

I have a Tivo Roamio and I can't get any video or audio out of it - not even the Welcome screen. It seems like the HDMI port is dead. What do you all think?

It was connected to an A/V receiver so I isolated it to a known working HDMI cable and connected it directly into the TV. Same thing when I selected that HDMI input. Then I pulled the HDMI cable from the DVD player (which had its menu screen up at the time - so I know it works) and connected that into the Tivo. Nothing.

From a networking standpoint I can I ping it and when I point a web browser to it I get a Tivo splash screen. I can also see it from the Tivo Desktop software. Also, it's been on a quality UPS (sinewave) since I started using it so I doubt power is the problem.

Is my HDMI port dead and if so, what are my options? The unit is about 3 months past the year warranty. What do you imagine would be the 'all-in' cost of repairing the unit? Just a guess is fine.

brshoemak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:57 PM   #2
randywalters
AVS Old Timer

This is a stretch but did you reboot the Tivo to see if that restores HDMI functionality?

Can you connect a RBG Component Video cable from the Roamio to a TV and see if you get a picture (and R/W audio for that matter).

If it's truly dead, did you happen to buy the Roamio with a good credit card with the feature that automatically adds one year to the factory warranty?

Premiere 2TB, Series3 OLED w/500GB, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Panasonic TC-P55ST60, URC MX-890 Remote, Onkyo TX-SR333 AVR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
randywalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:24 AM   #3
brshoemak

Yes, I have tried rebooting. Multiple times.

The Tivo doesn't have component inputs/outputs - just HDMI and an 'A/V' jack. That A/V jack requires a Tivo composite breakout cable that I do not have. I'm not sure my TV or receiver even has composite inputs.

I purchased the Tivo with a Chase Visa that I'm finding out offers a 1 year warranty extension. I should have used my AMEX as I understand Chase will make you jump through a lot more hoops.

Thanks for the reply.

brshoemak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:09 AM   #4
fcfc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brshoemak View Post
Yes, I have tried rebooting. Multiple times.

The Tivo doesn't have component inputs/outputs - just HDMI and an 'A/V' jack. That A/V jack requires a Tivo composite breakout cable that I do not have. I'm not sure my TV or receiver even has composite inputs.

I purchased the Tivo with a Chase Visa that I'm finding out offers a 1 year warranty extension. I should have used my AMEX as I understand Chase will make you jump through a lot more hoops.

Thanks for the reply.
One of these should solve your cabling problem either permanently or temporarily and then you will be able to determine if it is just the HDMI port which is bad. Tivo does not repair anything. I would try the other cabling to insure the unit is otherwise working and if so, perhaps contact WeaKnees to see if they would perform such a repair. Then decide if you want to live with it or just buy one of the refurbs Tivo has on sale right now....and ask if the extended warrantee is available on their refurb units.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TiVo-Mini-3f...item418c2aa184

fcfc2 is offline   Reply With Quote