TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-29-2016, 09:10 PM   #1
krick

Question [RESOLVED] Premiere stuck in guided setup - can't find valid zip code

I just picked up a used TiVo Premiere for use with an HDTV antenna.

I'm going through guided setup for the first time and it rejected my ZIP code (27511 - Cary, NC) because they didn't have an antenna channel lineup. I've tried 6 other ZIP codes so far, including three in Raleigh and every one of them stops me from continuing in guided setup and forces me to start over.

Is there some way I can see the list of "accepted" zip codes so I can choose one? Randomly poking in ZIP codes hoping for a match doesn't really seem like an efficient way to do this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by krick; 08-29-2016 at 10:34 PM.
krick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by krick View Post
I just picked up a used TiVo Premiere for use with an HDTV antenna.

I'm going through guided setup for the first time and it rejected my ZIP code (27511 - Cary, NC) because they didn't have an antenna channel lineup. I've tried 6 other ZIP codes so far, including three in Raleigh and every one of them stops me from continuing in guided setup and forces me to start over.

Is there some way I can see the list of "accepted" zip codes so I can choose one? Randomly poking in ZIP codes hoping for a match doesn't really seem like an efficient way to do this.
Check your PMs.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post:
Old 08-29-2016, 10:33 PM   #3
krick

FALSE ALARM.

The problem has rectified itself. I think the software was very old and needed some updates because after making my post, I went back and decided to try EVERY zip code for Cary and Raleigh according to the USPS zip code lookup. As I was down to the last two zip codes, the TiVo rebooted and said it was installing an update. Then once it finished, I started guided setup again, and it rebooted AGAIN and said it was installing another update. Once it came back, I was able to enter my zip code and it took it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
krick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:46 PM   #4
wiz8

I just had the same experience with a brand new Roamio (two reboots later the zip code started working). I know it wasn't an issue with our zip code as I also have a Premier.

wiz8 is offline   Reply With Quote