TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > TiVo Search Feedback - Beta Release (Archive)
TiVo Community

Forum Jump

Old 01-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
matt@thehickmans
Hemo_jr

View Upcoming showings

After finding something to record, I don't see an option to "view upcoming showings" Is this there somewhere?
Old 01-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
morac
Cat God

On the program screen there should be an item on the left that says "Upcoming". The upcoming episodes show up when you move over that.

I noticed though that the "Upcoming" menu was missing for a few shows that I know have upcoming episodes. I'm not sure why.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
Joe3

I love the "based on your suggestions" pics at the top.

However, Base on what the Tivo Community likes should be a separate view. As mater of record I was really annoyed by it. I have invested a great deal of money and time with TiVo so I can easily find what I like so why do I have go through the TiVo community suggestions to get at it. It really pisses me off.

Please separate the two data streams.

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:38 AM   #4
matt@thehickmans
Hemo_jr

When it finds a series, I do see the "upcoming" option. However, if search finds a movie, it will give me only the option of recording one of several potential showings.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #5
morac
Cat God

Sounds like a guide data mix-up or a bug in HD Search.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #6
mathwhiz

I personally don't like how the upcoming listings are shown. Without all the data in columns like it is now - it's hard for me to read when they are on since I need to read every other line instead of one line for all the data.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #7
bkdtv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathwhiz View Post
I personally don't like how the upcoming listings are shown. Without all the data in columns like it is now - it's hard for me to read when they are on since I need to read every other line instead of one line for all the data.
Isn't the episode name and number more important than the time?
Old 01-09-2009, 08:44 PM   #8
mathwhiz

You have a wider screen now that they are finally making screens for HD - you can fit time/date/channel/episode name/number all on one line. Plus putting it on one line will let you show twice as many episodes on the screen. I have a big screen - give me more info on the screen. I shouldn't have to scroll more to see the same amount of info with an HD UI.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:38 AM   #9
bkdtv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathwhiz View Post
You have a wider screen now that they are finally making screens for HD - you can fit time/date/channel/episode name/number all on one line. Plus putting it on one line will let you show twice as many episodes on the screen. I have a big screen - give me more info on the screen. I shouldn't have to scroll more to see the same amount of info with an HD UI.
You may have a 60" screen, but TiVo also has to accommodate users with 40" screens that are viewing from 12' or more.

TiVo could list everything you want on one line with a suitable font size (for all) if they got rid of the right frame. I too would prefer everything on a single line, simply because I'd like to see more showings on the screen while maintaining the current font size. But I think TiVo wants to retain that right frame for descriptions, pictures, etc on selected episodes. I don't have a strong opinion either way.

I also think it would be nice to have some sort of filter directly on the Upcoming screen to show only HD episodes, only new episodes, and/or only scheduled episodes, so you don't have to scroll through dozens of results to find these entries. However, I'm not certain that the utility of that feature would outweigh the added complexity of another option on the screen.

Last edited by bkdtv : 01-10-2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:39 AM   #10
bkdtv

While we are on the subject of Upcoming...

You can already select from different showings of a movie or episode on the "Record this program (Options) screen. Is that sufficient?

Or do you feel it is important to have an "Upcoming" or "Showings" menu on movies? Or what about "Upcoming" or "Showings" on the screen for a specific episode of a series?
Old 01-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #11
matt@thehickmans
Hemo_jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdtv View Post
While we are on the subject of Upcoming...

Or do you feel it is important to have an "Upcoming" or "Showings" menu on movies? Or what about "Upcoming" or "Showings" on the screen for a specific episode of a series?
I have a general idea of when my todo list is busy and when it is not, so I would like to be able to select times (if available) that are less likely to cause a conflict.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #12
jimpmc

I agree with Matt...give us the ability to see all showings and make our own decisions about when we want to get it. This shouldn't be at the expense of general ease of use, but just as another option.

I also noticed that some showings don't show an Upcoming choice, especially when clicking through the suggestions or through cast members several layers deep.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #13
nrc
Cracker Soul

I'm confused about what is being requested. There is an option to select which showing you want to record when you select an episode to record. Is that somehow not sufficient?

Not entirely square
Old 01-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #14
jimpmc

I believe the issue is that the Upcoming menu choice doesn't always show up.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:02 PM   #15
bcalvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt@thehickmans View Post
I have a general idea of when my todo list is busy and when it is not, so I would like to be able to select times (if available) that are less likely to cause a conflict.
It would be nice if it would show upcoming episodes that don't conflict with the doto list, or have an icon to let you know which ones conflict.