TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-30-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
mardunba

Wii Messes Up Tivo 30 second skip?

Got the kids a Wii for Christmas. We've found that after playing Wii for a while the 30 second skip feature on our vintage DirecTv TIVO (HDVR2, I think) is gone and we must reprogram it.

I've done some searching on this issue on this forum and the web and can't find any similar reports.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? Any suggestions to resolve it?

Thanks.
mardunba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:23 PM   #2
ciper

The Wii sensor bar does put out a constant IR signal. The Wiimotes are a camera with a bluetooth connect back to the console. You might try moving the sensor bar to an alternate position to see if it helps.
ciper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
dslunceford

They don't put out a signal when Wii is turned off/in standby, do they? It's the BT wiimote that wakes/turns on the Wii, not the IR, correct?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

dslunceford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #4
westside_guy
Annoyingly ephemeral

We have a Wii. We haven't seen this happen with either our Series 2 box or our Tivo HD - the 30-second skip works just fine.

Our sensor bar for the Wii is on top of the television (not that it likely matters).
westside_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:38 PM   #5
ciper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
They don't put out a signal when Wii is turned off/in standby, do they? It's the BT wiimote that wakes/turns on the Wii, not the IR, correct?
Correct. The "sensor bar" doesn't actually do anything. You can replace it with any two sources of IR including two candles.
ciper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 07:12 PM   #6
rlcarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by westside_guy View Post
We have a Wii. We haven't seen this happen with either our Series 2 box or our Tivo HD - the 30-second skip works just fine.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westside_guy View Post
Our sensor bar for the Wii is on top of the television (not that it likely matters).
Same here, too.
rlcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #7
marrone
Phased Member

No problems with my Wii and DirecTivo.

This seems an odd thing, though, since the 30sec skip requires 6 different keypresses while playing back a recording. I would think it would be difficult for a wiimote to generate those, especially in the right sequence, at the right time (generally you wouldn't be playing a recording if you're playing on the Wii).

-Mike
Old 01-09-2009, 12:01 PM   #8
porges

Is it possible that the TiVo has completely rebooted while you're playing with the Wii? I think that clears the 30-second skip, and it sounds a little more likely than that the Wii sends the exact signals to turn the skip off. Now, why the TiVo would reboot, I have no idea.
porges is offline   Reply With Quote