TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > TiVo Search Feedback - Beta Release (Archive)
TiVo Community

Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
moyekj

Out of Memory bug

Several times now while exploring HD Search I either run of memory and hang the application or get the following message:
Quote:
Can't Run
An error occured while running the application. Out of memory.
Choosing select kicks me out of the application.

I can pretty consistently reproduce it by continuously pushing down into different levels without using left button to back track. For example:

1 Start a search for a TV series
2 In middle pane select the TV series
3 Select Cast
4 From middle pane pick a cast member and hit select and find a different series or movie
5 Scroll down to Cast again and pick a different cast member and select
6 Go down to Cast again and repeat 3-5

Keeping up that trend for 2 or 3 levels is usually sufficient for me to get the Out of memory message or worse the application just hangs and I have to use Tivo button to escape.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
dwgsp

I saw this error after spending several minutes browsing through the Seinfield episode descriptions (from all seasons). It was displayed when I used the left arrow on the remote to exit the beta search feature.

/Don
Old 01-08-2009, 12:10 PM   #3
ZeoTiVo
I can't explain

I just tried it down to six levels and had no error or slowdown.

Went from Stargate Atlantis to Little Mermaid via Shark.

Last edited by ZeoTiVo : 01-08-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Just got this error when searching for documentaries. I was using << to delete search terms, and >> to add spaces. Occasionally I would select the CLR option to clear the search terms, but found << easier. I thought "Oh crap! It's gonna reboot!", but it didn't. It just closed the app as described above. I'm happy to find this thread! I'm going to email Tivo to report this as well.

Last edited by orangeboy : 05-17-2009 at 11:50 AM. Reason: change website visit to email