TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-31-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
astrohip
Stuart F

HDNet Movies dropped in Houston? (Comcast)

My TiVo just had a notice up that HDNetMovies has been dropped from the lineup. This is Houston/Comcast.

Has anyone heard anything about this? I actually like that channel, as it's a good source for HD movies. Usually I'll hear something in advance from Comcast about a change, but nothing this time...
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
pyrexia

I am in the same boat... I am left wondering why this channel has been dropped. No communication from Comcast and I am paying extra for this channel!!!!
pyrexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:39 PM   #3
Bettamojo5
Rolling Along

Must have been a local move by Comcast in your area. We still have the channel on Comcast in Indianapolis.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #4
rasuch

Email Rick head of Comcast Service

Email Rick Germano to complain about Comcast Houston taking HDNet Movies off. They did add The Weather Channel in HD tho. What a rip! Here's a direct link to contact Rick. If we get enough people to complain, we might get the channel back.

comcastsupport.com/forms/contact/RickGermano/Default.aspx
rasuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:05 AM   #5
kmccbf

Here in Bloomington IN I received what I thought was a notice that HDNet Movies was being dropped, then that it was being moved to a digital tier I didn't have. When I called Comcast here is what I found out.

HDnet Movies was being dropped from one package, but it was added to a different package called something like HD Classic. If you had their prior HD package you most likely had HD Classic under a different name. So you really shouldn't see any change. But their notice was really confusing.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
andyf

Check your November paper bill online (or the real paper if you get it). The front page details the HD Pack is no longer available, SLEUTH is pulled and HDNET moves to Digital Classic.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #7
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

In the AVS Boston Comcast forum, people have been clamoring to get HDNet and HDNet movies for a really long time. You already have them?

I looked at the HDNet schedule on their website a couple of times and wasn't impressed at all, so I didn't care much. HDNet Movies on the other hand, sounds pretty good.

Every time I'm drying off from a shower I think of my childhood buddy's father. - mcthumber
scooterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #8
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

We probably record more movies from HDNet Movies than from any of the dozens of HBO/Showtime/etc HD channels we get. It's a pretty good mix.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:40 PM   #9
krthomas

I spoke to a Comcast rep today and she said HDNet Movies would be returning to Houston on Feb 19.
krthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:40 PM   #10
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

We signed a 3 year deal with RCN and got a bunch of premium channels as part of the HD/digital tier. Then a month or so ago we noticed we didn't get HDNet/HDNet Movies anymore: they took it out of our current tier and moved it to another one we'd have to pay extra for.

I keep trying to find the time to raise enough hell to get it back for the duration of our contract; I liked that channel.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 PM   #11
krthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterboy View Post
In the AVS Boston Comcast forum, people have been clamoring to get HDNet and HDNet movies for a really long time. You already have them?

I looked at the HDNet schedule on their website a couple of times and wasn't impressed at all, so I didn't care much. HDNet Movies on the other hand, sounds pretty good.
We have them because Comcast took over from Time Warner here last year and (I assume) HDNet had already been contracted under Time Warner.
krthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:56 AM   #12
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by krthomas View Post
We have them because Comcast took over from Time Warner here last year and (I assume) HDNet had already been contracted under Time Warner.
Ah - that makes sense.

Every time I'm drying off from a shower I think of my childhood buddy's father. - mcthumber
scooterboy is offline   Reply With Quote