TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Upgrade Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
nfssys

Space for transfer the same after HD Upgrade

I have a Tivo Roamio Basic that I upgraded the HD on as soon as I opened the box. I came from a Tivo Elite previously and was used to the size for many recordings. Before I sold my Tivo Elite I was able to pull the shows to my desktop machine and hold them untill I had the new Roamio setup.
After my Roamio was setup and running with the new HD, I was able to test pulling a show from my machine with no issues. I have been pulling shows here and there with no issues. Until now...The fall line-up is in full swing, and I am using more than 33% of the 3TB HD that I upgraded the Tivo with. I am realizing that that Tivo stops transfers just before the file finishes. I was able to additionally try pytivo and see that it sees 0.00GB free.
My question was the following, is there a setting somewhere in order to tell the Roamio that it has more than the original 500GB it came with in order to not make transfers error out. Was there something that I missed in the original setup of the larger HD.
I was using the included Tivo Server download tool in the menus to pull the shows before trying to use pytivo which finally showed me that the Tivo "thinks" it is out of space.
Thanks in advance to any info!
nfssys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

It should not stop transferring because it thinks its running out of space on the Tivo. What the Tivo does, is it would start clearing out the space needed for the next recordings, first from the Recently Deleted folder, then the suggestions (if any), then finally the recordings.

If it stops transferring, its probably because your computer's hard drive is getting filled, not the Tivo's.

I would use KMTTG, which does more then just download recordings, it also decrypts (removes the Media Key layer), plus other things along with remote functions. It also can read things like how much space is available.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:36 PM   #3
nfssys

Thanks for the reply Thabto. However this is for transferring from the PC back to the tivo, not affected by space on the PC at all. If the tivo has less than 500GB used then the transfer works fine. It is now, that is is using 1037GB of the 3TB that it has encountered an issue. Could this be something that it inquires from the tivo and could be altered? Possibly something that would have to be adjusted in an .xml file or command line through Putty?
Old 10-08-2014, 08:41 PM   #4
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

What is this file you are trying to transfer and its actual size?

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:47 PM   #5
nfssys

It could be any file size, any show that I either try pulling from my PC to the Tivo or pushing from my PC using pytivo or kmttg. I am trying to just get the basic pull from the PC from the Tivo method as this has worked best for me. Unless you think I should focus more on using kmttg and pytivo.