TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Suggestion Avenue
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-12-2008, 01:08 AM   #1
SteveHC1
SteveHC

We NEED Guide data re-mapping to our Clear QAM channels!!!

- THAT is my suggestion for needed TiVo features. I can think of NOTHING that would benefit MORE customers MORE fundamentally than to add the ability to manually re-map channel/program guide data to our clear QAM channels on the high definition TiVo units.

We ALL bought our TiVo's for the primary purpose of automatically recording our preferred TELEVISION programming! I think it's a SHAME that TiVo continues to INSIST on developing and incorporating features like games and music while it DELIBERATELY leaves out a feature that would enable us to properly and automatically record programs on our local clear QAM HD channels. To FORCE us to HAVE to either buy an antenna or cable company digital "package" and rent their "box" or CableCard is beyond reasonability.
SteveHC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
web4lackey

I want this also, I watch 90% network programming and bought a Tivo HD with Clear QAM tuning only to find out you don't map the chanels. HD over the air is not reliable in my area (works only part of the time). But the Cable QAM channels are always perfect. The channel numbers are almost all the same 12-1 antenna and 12-1 cable, I don't see that this could be that hard and your customers want this.
web4lackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
dplaflamme
Militantly Moderate

Angry

I just reluctantly gave up on a case with TiVo about this; my new apartment complex only provides HD channels as QAM channels, and I tried three times to explain this to me before someone told me this was about QAM and that's a closed issue.

Now I have a very nice digital VCR, at least as far as the four major networks are concerned. Half a loaf still seems like a loss when you're used to the full loaf.
dplaflamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:09 AM   #4
SteveHC1
SteveHC

Same here.

If you haven't already, you might want to check out the "QAM mapping letter campaign (HD w/o cablecard)" thread within the "TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs" forum - there's a long-running, very popular and detailed discussion of this very issue there.
SteveHC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
toy4two

i second this, I am not reactivating my TIVO HD until we can do this, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me
toy4two is offline   Reply With Quote