TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #1111
ba2991
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
Let's start from the beginning. ba2991, is your TiVo subscribed, set up as a working TIVo... with a current TiVo subscription?

My gut tells me it's not, and what you're labeling "$99 extra" is not "extra" at all, but a required component of getting that TiVo working *at all.* The streaming of media files from your computer to the TiVo is something you can do after all the other required ingredients are in place.

Now, if ALL you want to do is stream media from your computer to the TV, then you bought the wrong device. And looking for help with pyTiVoX, with regards to a computer you're not very savvy working with, is kind of a waste of time.
Thanks for you're reply I am on a second forum also trying to get my TiVo to work. Have a look at the there message I received and make up your own decision

Cheers
and thanks again for all of your help
ba2991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #1112
Phantom Gremlin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Tualatin, Oregon
Posts: 1,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Gremlin View Post
I can use this as an excuse to reacquaint myself with this software.
Sorry it took so long for me to get back to looking at pyTiVoX.

I just ran it from a 10.6.6 system. I didn't even install. I just copied over DMG and then double clicked. This opens the image in Finder. Then I just double clicked the pyTiVoX app and it started.

It works for me.

Here are a few observations. Since you have been playing with this, what I say might seem simplistic. But it may help other people:

1) I ran as an unprivileged user. When the app started it asked if Java could accept connections thru the firewall. I said yes. I needed to authenticate as a privileged user to allow that.

2) Later on, as I created shares, I was asked if Python could accept connections. I said yes again, I needed to authenticate again. Perhaps you didn't allow some of this activity.

3) I made sure to click "Apply". Could you be skipping this step?

4) My Mac's directory appears on my TiVo at the bottom of the Now Playing section. In my case I simply shared my Desktop directory. I don't know why your shared directory doesn't appear there. I can't see how you can make any more progress until the directory shows up there! I highly suspect some sort of firewall issue. Just to be clear (I'm too lazy to cut/paste graphics) the name on the Mac is /Users/xxx/Desktop and I accepted the default share name of My Share, which is the name that is visible to the TiVo.

5) On the TiVo, I browsed to My Share and it found exactly one program, the M4V I put in the shared directory of my Mac. This was a purchased music video from iTunes. I know that Apple doesn't protect those videos (I have never purchased any DRMed stuff from Apple). I transferred it to my TiVo, and it played just fine. There could be any number of files in the shared directory, but if they're not compatible the file names won't show up in the TiVo. But, even with no compatible files, the My Share directory still appears on the TiVo in Now Playing.

6) During the transfer to the TiVo, I used the Network tab of Activity Monitor to see if network traffic was happening. One easy way to start that app is to search for that name in spotlight.

7) I was also able to browse to Music, Photos, & Showcases and there I also saw my Mac. It was, however, identified by its name in DNS. Something like this:
pyTivoX - dhcp241.example.com
Within that appears a My Share directory, and within that appears my music video. The title at top of the directory is Desktop. So the TiVo knows both names, the name Desktop which is on my Mac, and the name My Share which I told pyTivoX to use.

8) I was able to select the music video from the Desktop (aka My Share) directory. There is even a "Quality" selection. I was able to select 512 kb/s, 1260 kb/s, and the "same" quality of 1837 kb/s. When I selected 512 I could see much more noticeable artifacts.

Sorry to not be of more help. The 1.3 version of the software does work for me. I didn't bother trying the newer beta, since it wasn't immediately obvious what was added in that version.

Edit: I want to make clear that I did everything above without purchasing any $99 software from TiVo or any third party. I'm using:
1) a subscribed TiVo HD in the USA
2) a Macbook running 10.6.6
3) pyTivoX 1.3 from the same Google Code repository that you used

Last edited by Phantom Gremlin : 03-26-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Edit: added comments about extra software not needed
Phantom Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:05 AM   #1113
ba2991
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Gremlin View Post
Sorry it took so long for me to get back to looking at pyTiVoX.

I just ran it from a 10.6.6 system. I didn't even install. I just copied over DMG and then double clicked. This opens the image in Finder. Then I just double clicked the pyTiVoX app and it started.

It works for me.

Here are a few observations. Since you have been playing with this, what I say might seem simplistic. But it may help other people:

1) I ran as an unprivileged user. When the app started it asked if Java could accept connections thru the firewall. I said yes. I needed to authenticate as a privileged user to allow that.

2) Later on, as I created shares, I was asked if Python could accept connections. I said yes again, I needed to authenticate again. Perhaps you didn't allow some of this activity.

3) I made sure to click "Apply". Could you be skipping this step?

4) My Mac's directory appears on my TiVo at the bottom of the Now Playing section. In my case I simply shared my Desktop directory. I don't know why your shared directory doesn't appear there. I can't see how you can make any more progress until the directory shows up there! I highly suspect some sort of firewall issue. Just to be clear (I'm too lazy to cut/paste graphics) the name on the Mac is /Users/xxx/Desktop and I accepted the default share name of My Share, which is the name that is visible to the TiVo.

5) On the TiVo, I browsed to My Share and it found exactly one program, the M4V I put in the shared directory of my Mac. This was a purchased music video from iTunes. I know that Apple doesn't protect those videos (I have never purchased any DRMed stuff from Apple). I transferred it to my TiVo, and it played just fine. There could be any number of files in the shared directory, but if they're not compatible the file names won't show up in the TiVo. But, even with no compatible files, the My Share directory still appears on the TiVo in Now Playing.

6) During the transfer to the TiVo, I used the Network tab of Activity Monitor to see if network traffic was happening. One easy way to start that app is to search for that name in spotlight.

7) I was also able to browse to Music, Photos, & Showcases and there I also saw my Mac. It was, however, identified by its name in DNS. Something like this:
pyTivoX - dhcp241.example.com
Within that appears a My Share directory, and within that appears my music video. The title at top of the directory is Desktop. So the TiVo knows both names, the name Desktop which is on my Mac, and the name My Share which I told pyTivoX to use.

8) I was able to select the music video from the Desktop (aka My Share) directory. There is even a "Quality" selection. I was able to select 512 kb/s, 1260 kb/s, and the "same" quality of 1837 kb/s. When I selected 512 I could see much more noticeable artifacts.

Sorry to not be of more help. The 1.3 version of the software does work for me. I didn't bother trying the newer beta, since it wasn't immediately obvious what was added in that version.

Edit: I want to make clear that I did everything above without purchasing any $99 software from TiVo or any third party. I'm using:
1) a subscribed TiVo HD in the USA
2) a Macbook running 10.6.6
3) pyTivoX 1.3 from the same Google Code repository that you used
Hi and thanks for the reply.
I must admit I haven't played around with this for a few weeks because I was informed by a guy on the community that I have to purchase a $99.00 token to lunch the Home Network Package but as you didn't pay for yours I'm interested again.

It Still doesn't work.

I uninstalled the program and downloaded it again and started with a fresh copy.
When I installed the old and new version nothing was mentioned about the firewall but after not seeing my (my files) on the Tivo Box I turned off the firewall on the mac and then I could see the files.
To cut a long story short I can see my desktop on the TV and all the files are there I scroll through the screen until I find the movie (Back Soon.mpeg) click play on the last screen and still getting the same message.

Error: Oxffff
Back Soon.mpeg

On the desktop I have the following file extensions, avi - mpeg - mov - m4a with all the same error message

Note that I have never seen any files / folders from my Mac in the Now Play List but only in the Music, Photo and Showcase dir.

Below is how I found the movie Back Soon

Music, Photo & Showcase
PyTiVoX - ColinScarfeComputer.local
My Share - the blue screen opens up and the heading of the folder is Desktop
- scroll till I find the movie Back Soon.mpeg
- click play

- Error: Oxffff
- Back Soon

This is the same error on all media fils I try to play.
Note that in preferences I have ticked Enable Tivo.

You mentioned in the reply to me that you subscribe to - TiVo HD in the USA would that include the Home Network Package that I have to play for in Australia.

Cheers
C
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pyTiVoX.jpg (36.5 KB, 14 views)
ba2991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #1114
Rdian06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 463
In the US, the Tivo monthly or lifetime subscription includes Home Networking. So we don't pay any additional fee for it beyond the standard subscription.

In Australia, Home Networking is a separate feature which you have to pay the $99 to activate. So until you pay that fee, it's not going to work for you.
__________________
Why be frustrated with Tivo Desktop Plus when you could use pyTivo (open source).
Get
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #1115
plazman30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 360
Is the latest beta Lion compatible?

Anyone know if the latest pyTiVoX beta will work in OS X Lion?
plazman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:27 PM   #1116
aristoBrat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Va Beach, VA
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by plazman30 View Post
Anyone know if the latest pyTiVoX beta will work in OS X Lion?
I'm new to pyTiVoX. I'm running 1.3 on Lion and have only used the pyTiVo feature so that my TiVo can pull stuff from my computer, but it's working.

My TiVo is a Premiere and I'm having an issue where HD shows pulled are coming across at 480p instead of a higher resolution, but that looks like a non-Lion issue.

Update: Just installed the beta version on Lion and using pyTiVo to pull files, they now come across as HD on my Premiere (instead of 480). Sweet!

Last edited by aristoBrat : 07-10-2011 at 12:41 PM.
aristoBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #1117
captaingrapes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1
Ive tried running 1.3 and 1.4b on Lion and am having no luck streaming videos.

The server won't show up under 'Music, Photos, & Showcases' menu. It is there under 'My Shows' and I am able to transfer the file. Everything was working perfectly until the upgrade yesterday. What am i doing wrong?
captaingrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #1118
atsang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: austin, tx
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingrapes View Post
Ive tried running 1.3 and 1.4b on Lion and am having no luck streaming videos.

The server won't show up under 'Music, Photos, & Showcases' menu. It is there under 'My Shows' and I am able to transfer the file. Everything was working perfectly until the upgrade yesterday. What am i doing wrong?
Same here. Lion, 1.4b and Streambaby does not appear on the TiVo. Pytivo works fine.
atsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:18 AM   #1119
seattlewendell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 246
I tried to install the Java patch, etc. Nothing. I cannot get content to stream or transfer.
seattlewendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #1120
TheWGP
Hmmm...
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 299
Same here. I'd be fine with transferring if there were a way to do subtitles!

Can't seem to get Streambaby working (in the Pytivox implementation) with OS X 10.7 Lion and the latest PyTivoX beta.

Anyone figured out any ways to get subtitles working with the pytivo side of things, perchance?
TheWGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:22 AM   #1121
Tapper69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2
pyTivo forum

I posted in the pyTivo forum to hopefully get an answer from the developer. pytivo.sourceforge.net/forum/os-x-lion-10-7-and-pytivo-t1799.html
Tapper69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #1122
Iluvatar
Registered User
 
Iluvatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapper69 View Post
I posted in the pyTivo forum to hopefully get an answer from the developer. pytivo.sourceforge.net/forum/os-x-lion-10-7-and-pytivo-t1799.html
That is not the developer. The developer of pyTivoX is MIA for quite some time (the streambaby dev too).

This is the pyTivoX developer site.
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #1123
bigdave2004
Registered User
 
bigdave2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 56
I got it to work in pyTiVox by running streambaby manually first (making sure pyTiVoX is stopped. So I downloaded streambaby-0.29, modified streambaby.ini, copied the ffmpeg.bin from /Applications/pyTivoX.app/Contents/Resources to /usr/bin and the all dylib to /usr/lib started it using the included script. I can see it on my tivo (Stream, Baby, Stream) but I would get a failed when trying to play anything. Killed that and started up pyTivoX again and now it works fine. I can't explain it. See it this works for you.
bigdave2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #1124
TheWGP
Hmmm...
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 299
Just a heads up to everyone: I managed to get streambaby-0.29 working on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. What a ROYAL PAIN compared to pytivox though, with lots of research required.

Long story short, I wrote my steps (boiled down from all the tactics / research I tried) down for anyone else who might be interested:

install Xcode's new version (4.2 for Lion) from the App Store
install Macports 2.0 for Lion (from http://macports.org )
install ffmpeg using "sudo port install ffmpeg" - all the required bits are now included by default, some pages that say you need other variants too are old.
install streambaby (from http://code.google.com/p/streambaby/ - then just unzip to desired location and edit streambaby.ini to point to my video dir)

If you want it to autostart, go to system preferences / users / my user / login items / add streambaby, check Hide. I also removed pytivox at the same menu, just as a precaution.


re: bigdave2004: I got that same thing happening too - when I had not installed ffmpeg yet, but just tried to run streambaby on its own. For some reason, the full ffmpeg install seems to be required to get Streambaby working, but pytivox has its own files/version/whatever that it's okay with using, but when streambaby tries to use them it fails.

Not really sure what exactly BROKE pytivox, but it's clearly pytivox and not streambaby related.
TheWGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:12 PM   #1125
mcowger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWGP View Post
Just a heads up to everyone: I managed to get streambaby-0.29 working on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. What a ROYAL PAIN compared to pytivox though, with lots of research required.

Long story short, I wrote my steps (boiled down from all the tactics / research I tried) down for anyone else who might be interested:

[snip]
Not really sure what exactly BROKE pytivox, but it's clearly pytivox and not streambaby related.
This process worked great for me. Thanks!
mcowger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:26 AM   #1126
docfmiles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3
Way to go TheWGP! Just one more question, though...

PyTivox stopped working on both series 3 and HD when OSX Lion was installed, I ran the solution that theWGP had gotten to work, but then I have been unable to "just unzip to desired location and edit streambaby.ini to point to my video dir"
Can you post an example of exactly how you edited streambaby.ini. Additionally, I have a number of files on multiple HDDs, so solving this one last little step will make my life a whole lot better and let me get on to actually exploring the "Lion"
docfmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:00 AM   #1127
TheWGP
Hmmm...
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by docfmiles View Post
PyTivox stopped working on both series 3 and HD when OSX Lion was installed, I ran the solution that theWGP had gotten to work, but then I have been unable to "just unzip to desired location and edit streambaby.ini to point to my video dir"
Can you post an example of exactly how you edited streambaby.ini. Additionally, I have a number of files on multiple HDDs, so solving this one last little step will make my life a whole lot better and let me get on to actually exploring the "Lion"
Sure thing - here's more specific directions for the actual streambaby part.

1) Download streambaby-0.29.zip from http://code.google.com/p/streambaby/

2) Double-click streambaby-0.29.zip in Finder - it should open in Archive Utility and unzip into a folder called streambaby-0.29

3) Move that folder to wherever you want to run streambaby from permanently

4) Open the folder streambaby-0.29 and double-click "streambaby.ini" to open it in TextEdit

5) Edit the "dir.1=/path/to/videos" line to specify your first location, name it with "dir.1.name=Whatever" add a line (or edit the example line, but REMOVE THE # IN FRONT!) with "dir.2=/other/path/for/videos" for your second location, then name it with "dir.2.name=Whatever2" - all in all it sounds more complicated than it is. Don't touch anything else in that file.

As an example, the only lines in my streambaby.ini that don't have a # in front (so they'll be ignored) look pretty much like this:

dir.1=/tivo
dir.1.name=Tivo Stream
dir.2=/media/video
dir.2.name=Media Backup

Note that these are just "top-level directories" you're adding - if there's a sub-dir in there, streambaby will let you navigate to a video inside it from the Stream, Baby, Stream interface on your Tivo.

6) Save and exit TextEdit.

7) Start Streambaby by double-clicking the file just named streambaby, then go to your Tivo! On the Premiere it's under Showcases & Extras, I don't know about S3 and haven't loaded it on my TivoHD.

8) When you're done, make sure you're in the Terminal window that popped up with Streambaby running in it, and hit Control-C to exit. Yes, actual Control - not command. Then quit Terminal and you're back to normal.

Sorry if it was overly detailed, but I was bored and if people are using this process I'd like to assist.

On a related note, has anyone heard from / been able to get ahold of the pytivox maintainer? Is there any chance someone else would be able to take the project over, at least to just fix the broken function, not take on full development? PyTivoX really does work much easier and simpler than this manual-Streambaby method. I'd do it but I'm no coder!

Last edited by TheWGP : 07-29-2011 at 07:06 AM.
TheWGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #1128
chrisc983
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1
TheWGP great post. Could you possibly post a more detailed instruction on how to install ffmpeg on a mac. I'm still new to apple. Thanks.
chrisc983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #1129
Iluvatar
Registered User
 
Iluvatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
TheWGP great post. Could you possibly post a more detailed instruction on how to install ffmpeg on a mac. I'm still new to apple. Thanks.
http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/i...p/OS_X_Install

Read the section on FFmpeg. User rdian06 has prebuilt binaries that are older. Macports results in the newest build but is not the quickest or easiest method.

Or if you were using pyTivoX before you can just strip the existing FFmpeg files out of the pyTivoX app and point StreamBaby at it.
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:18 PM   #1130
TheWGP
Hmmm...
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 299
Literally, installing ffmpeg is now super-easy. I can't really simplify it much more than I already stated:

1) download Macports 2.0 for Lion from http://macports.org - it has its own installer so you won't really have to do anything but click through the installer.

2) Go to the Search bar, type Terminal, hit enter, in the window that pops up type:
"sudo port install ffmpeg" and hit enter. Enter your password if it asks for it. Let it run till it's finished - once it stops, you're all done with ffmpeg!

I like this method because it's the fewest steps and no special command-line arguments, no real complicated steps or gotchas. Installing Xcode is now cake from the App Store, so Xcode to Macports to ffmpeg is literally a handful of clicks & one keyboard command, with no other websites or instructions to read or special arguments to figure out.
TheWGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #1131
MattR1970
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1
Thank You!!!

OMG, thank you for the instructions re: Streambaby!!! Worked like a charm.

I was so pissed when Lion broke pyTiVo, especially since Vuze on TiVo broke mysteriously a few months back.
MattR1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #1132
Iluvatar
Registered User
 
Iluvatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 377
FFmpeg on OSX

I have been considering releasing static builds of FFmpeg that are usable in OSX tools such as pyTivoX and streambaby for awhile so I have linked to a test build. So for anyone who wants to try it this is an Intel only build from from GIT a few days ago. I stripped out some unnessary libs to reduce size so this build of FFmpeg may not be suitable for anything but pyTivo et al.

Hopefully I can get some feedback to see if I need to make adjustments. If the code is suitable I will keep a thread updated on the pyTivo forums with the latest FFmpeg code every few months.

The test build is available here.

Code:
ffmpeg version N-31755-g31fe5d9, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Aug  4 2011 17:51:10 with clang 2.1 (tags/Apple/clang-163.7.1)
  configuration: --prefix=/opt/local --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-swscale --enable-avfilter --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-hardcoded-tables --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libx264 --mandir=/opt/local/share/man --disable-indevs --cc=/Developer/usr/bin/clang --arch=x86_64 --disable-shared --enable-static --enable-pthreads
  libavutil    51. 11. 1 / 51. 11. 1
  libavcodec   53.  9. 1 / 53.  9. 1
  libavformat  53.  6. 0 / 53.  6. 0
  libavdevice  53.  2. 0 / 53.  2. 0
  libavfilter   2. 27. 5 /  2. 27. 5
  libswscale    2.  0. 0 /  2.  0. 0
  libpostproc  51.  2. 0 / 51.  2. 0

Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:28 AM   #1133
yooper126
u betcha
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Right Coast
Posts: 14
MacPorts doesn't seem to work...

Quote:
Literally, installing ffmpeg is now super-easy. I can't really simplify it much more than I already stated:

1) download Macports 2.0 for Lion from macports.org - it has its own installer so you won't really have to do anything but click through the installer.

2) Go to the Search bar, type Terminal, hit enter, in the window that pops up type:
"sudo port install ffmpeg" and hit enter. Enter your password if it asks for it. Let it run till it's finished - once it stops, you're all done with ffmpeg!

I like this method because it's the fewest steps and no special command-line arguments, no real complicated steps or gotchas. Installing Xcode is now cake from the App Store, so Xcode to Macports to ffmpeg is literally a handful of clicks & one keyboard command, with no other websites or instructions to read or special arguments to figure out.
I taken all the steps here but when I try to run "sudo port install ffmpeg" and hit enter I get this:

[iMac21-i3:~] brian% sudo port install ffmpeg
Password:
sudo: port: command not found
[iMac21-i3:~] brian%

I went to the MacPorts website and tried their instructions to get it running, but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian
yooper126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #1134
Iluvatar
Registered User
 
Iluvatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooper126@cox.ne View Post
I taken all the steps here but when I try to run "sudo port install ffmpeg" and hit enter I get this:

[iMac21-i3:~] brian% sudo port install ffmpeg
Password:
sudo: port: command not found
[iMac21-i3:~] brian%

I went to the MacPorts website and tried their instructions to get it running, but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian
It seems MacPorts did not install correctly. Reboot and try again perhaps.

You can try installing my test build of FFmpeg in the post above yours. You can just extract it somewhere and point your configuration files at it. I am attempting to create a standard build that I will keep updated and that everyone can easily install.
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #1135
yooper126
u betcha
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Right Coast
Posts: 14
Thanks,

I may try your method.

I have rebooted and reinstalled MacPorts at least 6 times.

I have tried its self update command to no avail also. The installer says it installs, but I can not find it anywhere on my machine, even following the paths listed in their help docs.

I am the administrator for the machine.


Brian
yooper126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #1136
Iluvatar
Registered User
 
Iluvatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooper126@cox.ne View Post
Thanks,

I may try your method.

I have rebooted and reinstalled MacPorts at least 6 times.

I have tried its self update command to no avail also. The installer says it installs, but I can not find it anywhere on my machine, even following the paths listed in their help docs.

I am the administrator for the machine.


Brian
try:
Code:
sudo /opt/local/bin/port selfupdate
sudo /opt/local/bin/port install ffmpeg
if that works then it's a simple fix to update your .profile variables to link the port command with the shell.
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #1137
yooper126
u betcha
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Right Coast
Posts: 14
HI,

That worked for MacPorts and installing ffmpeg.

However, this is what I get when I run Streambaby:

[iMac21-i3:~] brian% /Applications/streambaby-0.29/streambaby ; exit;
Initializing StreamBaby v0.29...
08/06/11 19:18:13 FFmpegJavaVideoModule: Unable to load FFmpeg native libraries
08/06/11 19:18:14 Listener: added factory
08/06/11 19:18:14 Main: streambaby ready & listening.


Obviously I am not very good with UNIX. So how do I fix my .profile?

Thanks,
Brian
yooper126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #1138
yooper126
u betcha
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Right Coast
Posts: 14
I should add...

Nor do I see streambaby on my Tivo HD.

This is from my streambaby.ini

dir.1=/Volumes/iTunes/iTunes Music/Movies/
dir.1.name=Movies
dir.2=/Volumes/iTunes/iTunes Music/TV Shows/
dir.2.name=TV Shows


b
yooper126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #1139
Iluvatar
Registered User
 
Iluvatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooper126@cox.ne View Post
HI,

That worked for MacPorts and installing ffmpeg.

However, this is what I get when I run Streambaby:

[iMac21-i3:~] brian% /Applications/streambaby-0.29/streambaby ; exit;
Initializing StreamBaby v0.29...
08/06/11 19:18:13 FFmpegJavaVideoModule: Unable to load FFmpeg native libraries
08/06/11 19:18:14 Listener: added factory
08/06/11 19:18:14 Main: streambaby ready & listening.


Obviously I am not very good with UNIX. So how do I fix my .profile?

Thanks,
Brian
Streambaby is still looking for the old FFmpeg. The new FFmpeg you installed is located at /opt/bin/ffmpeg

In streambaby.ini

Code:
ffmpeg.path=/opt/bin/ffmpeg
to update your .profile file which should fix your ability to run the port command go to your terminal.app and type

Code:
export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
then logout or restart for changes to take effect.
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #1140
yooper126
u betcha
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Right Coast
Posts: 14
Hi,

Thanks for sticking with me through this.

I added the path statement to the .ini file. Got the same result. looked at it a minute and realized that the path should be: /opt/local/bin/ffmpeg

tried that with the same result.

Since streambaby is in the /Applications/streambaby-0.29/ dir and the path is from the volume root, does the path need to indicate that?

When trying the .profile fix, the export command is not found.

[iMac21-i3:/] brian% export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
export: Command not found.


Thanks,

b
yooper126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |