TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-12-2009, 06:08 PM   #721
GKevinK

Quote:
Originally Posted by westside_guy View Post
"localhost" refers to the machine that's running pyTivo. Be sure you've included the port number (the ":9032" part of the URL).

If your firewall settings allow it, you can even get to it using a web browser on another computer. Of course in that case it's not "localhost", it's the name or IP number of the computer running pyTivo.

Be sure you're running a current version of pyTivo - the web interface hasn't always been in place IIRC (although I know it's been in wmcbrine's fork for quite a while).
I just downloaded and installed pyTivoX today, so what I have is whatever the current default installation provides. I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.8. I'm on the machine now, so there shouldn't be any firewall issues. I did include the port number when I tried using the browser. I also did a port scan and didn't find anything using port 9032. I'm guessing that either the default configuration provided with pyTivoX doesn't start up the server, or something happened to prevent its startup. Going to check logs now...

... nothing of note found in any logs I could locate. Hmmm.

Last edited by GKevinK : 09-12-2009 at 06:27 PM. Reason: added log search results
GKevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #722
westside_guy
Annoyingly ephemeral

Hmm... normally I just run pyTivo from the command line - but I just now went and downloaded pyTivoX 1.3 (the "featured download"). Installed it, ran it, and loaded my web browser - no admin interface was available. So I went into the pyTivoX prefs, made sure both pyTivo and streambaby were set to run, set pyTivoX to start at login, and hit the big "Apply" button. Now when I go to localhost:9032, I see the admin interface.

So go into your prefs, be sure pyTivo is checked (so it's running), then hit "Apply" and see what happens. It's possible pyTivo isn't running until you check your prefs and hit "Apply". Or perhaps there's a bug in the default configuration that gets remedied the first time you save your prefs, which would rewrite the config file.
westside_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:44 PM   #723
GKevinK

got it! ... needed to add the 'check' on the pyTivo preference page. netstat shows the server on 9032 now, and the browser loads the page. Thanks!
GKevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #724
jannlinder

bump...

heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannlinder View Post
I am curious...

Since "Wake on Demand" on Snow Leopard allows a compatible Airport Base Station (on 7.4.2) to "take over" the IP and bonjour services using http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_Proxy_Service (Sleep Proxy Service), shouldn't pyTivoX and StreamBaby devices (which are still listed on my TivoHD when the iMac is asleep) be woken up by my airport when they are selected on the TiVo?

I know that some protocols are done using TiVo Beacon, but since the Tivos use Bonjour as well, shouldn't it work?

If not, and as this states:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...76#post7043376

pyTivo is using Beacons, not Bonjour, would it be *that hard* to utilize Bonjour on pyTivo so as to allow our iMac to wake? This is not just a Mac service. Sleep_Proxy_Service can be utilized on any platform, but as there are many many macs out there running pyTiVo and streambaby, even if the official pyTiVo codebase does not support it, then it would not be hard for pyTivoX to advertise on behalf of pyTiVo just to allow the Airport to wake the iMac. This would allow the iMac to wake and then allow pyTiVo to service the request, no?

Thx

Jann

jannlinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:02 AM   #725
JoeyJoJo
Damaged Goods

Need a little help.

I'm on 10.6.1 and PyTivoX was working fine a few days ago. Yesterday I tried to transfer a show over to the Tivo and the folder showed no videos available. As one of my attempts to "fix" things, I tried to remove PyTivoX and reinstall. That only made things worse. Now when I launch the app, it just sits there with the beach ball and I have to force quit.

How can I cleanly remove all of PyTivoX and start over?

Thanks.
JoeyJoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:22 AM   #726
beagledave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo View Post
Need a little help.

I'm on 10.6.1 and PyTivoX was working fine a few days ago. Yesterday I tried to transfer a show over to the Tivo and the folder showed no videos available. As one of my attempts to "fix" things, I tried to remove PyTivoX and reinstall. That only made things worse. Now when I launch the app, it just sits there with the beach ball and I have to force quit.

Thanks.
http://www.freemacsoft.net/AppCleaner/
beagledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:18 PM   #727
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo View Post

Thanks.
To completely remove pyTivoX, you will need to delete the application you installed, and open Terminal.app and run this command:
Code:
  rm -f ~/Library/Application\ Support/pyTivoX/*
(the latter command gets rid of your preferences and shares).
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:34 AM   #728
diamondsw

Mind if I make a couple minor UI suggestions?
  • The "Exit" button is redundant, given that selecting "Quit" has the same effect and is standard UI. Perhaps a leftover from an earlier version?
  • An "Apply" button shouldn't be necessary. When a change is made that would need to be applied, just call the code that would "apply" it.
  • If the add and delete buttons were normal buttons called "Add" and "Delete", you wouldn't need instructions at all in the UI.
I've got more ideas, but I thought I'd start with some small things that would generally make it simpler and easier to use (not that it's hard by a long shot!).

Thanks! Given the hell that tivoserver was with my DirecTivo, using this with my new TivoHD has been a dream come true!

Last edited by diamondsw : 09-30-2009 at 12:34 PM.
diamondsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:41 PM   #729
diamondsw

Once you've set it up how you like, is there any way to run it as a daemon, so there's no Dock or menubar icon? I assume there must be some way, given its heritage.

Last edited by diamondsw : 09-30-2009 at 12:33 PM.
diamondsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:55 PM   #730
clark_kent

help... show title: 00000000107d260 ???

I did not read all 25 pages, but I did try a few searches and did not find anything on this issue.

Downloaded 1.3
Installed
Set the Shared Directories to point right place
TiVo NPL shows the Shared folder with all the shows on the Mac
So far so good

I selected a show to be transfered. The transfer completed, but show name is very cryptic, as in: 00000000107d260

How do I correct this?

Thank you.
clark_kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #731
Rdian06

Quote:
Originally Posted by clark_kent View Post
I did not read all 25 pages, but I did try a few searches and did not find anything on this issue.

Downloaded 1.3
Installed
Set the Shared Directories to point right place
TiVo NPL shows the Shared folder with all the shows on the Mac
So far so good

I selected a show to be transfered. The transfer completed, but show name is very cryptic, as in: 00000000107d260

How do I correct this?

Thank you.
That's very odd. Try rebooting your Tivo and then do another transfer?

Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Rdian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #732
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsw View Post
Once you've set it up how you like, is there any way to run it as a daemon, so there's no Dock or menubar icon? I assume there must be some way, given its heritage.
Under Prefs, General, choose 'launch at login'.
This will start it up in the future when you log in (for most people that's when their computer starts up), and will get rid of the dock icon and menubar. There will stll be a menulet (which you will need to use to open the control window).

Old 10-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #733
sxdxoutlaw

I have found PyTivo 1.3 to work well with Snow Leopard...for those interested in updating.
sxdxoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #734
JohnnyO
Crimper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
Under Prefs, General, choose 'launch at login'.
This will start it up in the future when you log in (for most people that's when their computer starts up), and will get rid of the dock icon and menubar. There will stll be a menulet (which you will need to use to open the control window).

Hmm...

pyTivoX still shows in my dock even if I check Launch at Login.

This is on 10.5.8 with pyTivoX 1.3.
JohnnyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:23 AM   #735
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
Hmm...

pyTivoX still shows in my dock even if I check Launch at Login.

This is on 10.5.8 with pyTivoX 1.3.
Exit pyTivoX. Is it still on your dock?

Old 10-04-2009, 05:28 AM   #736
clark_kent

help... show title: 00000000107d260 ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdian06 View Post
That's very odd. Try rebooting your Tivo and then do another transfer?
Rebooting didn't resolve the problem, but I do have additional info so I hope someone can figure this out:

When I select the "PC Shared Folder," I get a list of recorded programs with the correct title and date, but each individual single program has a "folder" icon (as if there where multiple programs inside) instead of a single "circle" icon indicating that there is only one program.

Another thing I noticed is that when I select a program (folder) in the PC Shared Folder, I get a "green circle icon" but instead of the program name, this big a$$ number shows up. This number is unique for each of the recorded program, even though at the Share "Folder Level" the correct program names are indicated.

And, if I set "Folder" option OFF, when I select the PC Shared Folder, I get all the programs with a "green circle" icon and each indivdual program has a unique big a$$ number (for the name of the program). All the program names are gone.

Why does the correct program name appear with Folder/ON but disappears when the Folder/OFF is selected?

I'm clicking around as I type this and with "info" button I see that the big a$$ number is actually the sourcefile.mpg

Incase it's helpful, this is the full "info" details:

Title: 00000000107d260
Hosts:TRANSCODE=YES, contaner mpegts not compatible,SOURCE INFO:' vWidth=1920,vHeight=1080,vFps=29.97, vCode=mpeg2video, par2=1.0, par1=1:1, par=None, millisec=1917340, mapVideo=0.0, mapAudio=[('0.1',[0x49](eng)')], kbps=14265, dar1=16:9, container=mpegts, aKbps=384, aFreq=48000, aCodec=ac3, Supported=True, TRANSCODE OPTIONS:, -ar48000, , , -b 13881k, , -f vob -, ab 448k, , -acodec copy, -bufsize 4096k, -vcodec copy, , -maxrate 30000k, SOURCE FILE:, 00000000107d260.mpg

help...
thank you!
clark_kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #737
JohnnyO
Crimper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
Exit pyTivoX. Is it still on your dock?
Yes, if I quit the application, the application quits and is not on my dock. Relaunching the application puts it back on my dock.

The PyTivoX works fine, and it does start up fine on reboot, its just that it does occupy dock space. No big deal, but since you expected it to not do that, I thought I'd mention it.
JohnnyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #738
Rdian06

Quote:
Incase it's helpful, this is the full "info" details:

Title: 00000000107d260
Hosts:TRANSCODE=YES, contaner mpegts not compatible,SOURCE INFO:' vWidth=1920,vHeight=1080,vFps=29.97, vCode=mpeg2video, par2=1.0, par1=1:1, par=None, millisec=1917340, mapVideo=0.0, mapAudio=[('0.1',[0x49](eng)')], kbps=14265, dar1=16:9, container=mpegts, aKbps=384, aFreq=48000, aCodec=ac3, Supported=True, TRANSCODE OPTIONS:, -ar48000, , , -b 13881k, , -f vob -, ab 448k, , -acodec copy, -bufsize 4096k, -vcodec copy, , -maxrate 30000k, SOURCE FILE:, 00000000107d260.mpg

help...
thank you!
It really thinks that's the name of the file. Weird.

Where on your Mac are you video's stored (what's the actual path name)? Are they on the main drive or an external/secondary?

It's as if pyTivo isn't pulling the list of files correctly when listing the folder. That or you somehow screwed up the templates for a folder or individual program item buried deep inside the app.

Maybe try downloading pyTivoX again and reinstall?

Old 10-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #739
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
When I select the "PC Shared Folder," I get a list of recorded programs with the correct title and date, but each individual single program has a "folder" icon (as if there where multiple programs inside) instead of a single "circle" icon indicating that there is only one program.
It sounds like that's how they're actually stored on disk. The Finder may be obscuring this. Think of app bundles -- they're actually directories. This sounds like a similar thing.

What was the source of these movies?

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:51 PM   #740
generaltso

Hi All. I'm running pyTiVoX 1.3 with OSX 10.6.1. Any time I transfer an MP4 or MKV file to my S3 that's encoded with multichannel AAC audio, the center channel plays through the front left speaker instead of the center speaker. I've read that this is a known bug with ffmpeg, but the only fixes that I've seen are only for Windows. Is there a way to fix this on a Mac?
generaltso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #741
fredtwd

pyTivoX v1.3 - Photo's show broken Image

Trying to use pyTivoX (Mac OS X 10.6.1) for the first time and all I get is a standard broken image for all the photos. The following message is displayed in the logfile (pytivo.log)

Code:
ERROR:pyTivo:Resize failed on /Users/robert/Documents/Misc/Favs/053.jpg -- The _imaging C module is not installed
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.148 [04/Oct/2009 21:04:25] code 404, message Not Found
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.148 [04/Oct/2009 21:04:25] "GET /Favs/053.jpg?Width=88&Height=60&PixelShape=40%3A33&Format=image%2Fjpeg HTTP/1.0" 404 -
I assume this is related to:

http://code.google.com/p/pytivox/issues/detail?id=26#c0
Sep 26, 2009
issue 26 (Broken image icons displayed instead of pics (and no images)...) reported by techworkspro

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Robert
fredtwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #742
Rdian06

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtwd View Post
Trying to use pyTivoX (Mac OS X 10.6.1) for the first time and all I get is a standard broken image for all the photos. The following message is displayed in the logfile (pytivo.log)

Code:
ERROR:pyTivo:Resize failed on /Users/robert/Documents/Misc/Favs/053.jpg -- The _imaging C module is not installed
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.148 [04/Oct/2009 21:04:25] code 404, message Not Found
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.148 [04/Oct/2009 21:04:25] "GET /Favs/053.jpg?Width=88&Height=60&PixelShape=40%3A33&Format=image%2Fjpeg HTTP/1.0" 404 -
pyTivo uses the Python Imaging Library (a natively compiled addon for Python) to do photo manipulation. pyTivoX is supposed to include the PIL libraries, but they were probably compiled for 10.5. You'll have to wait for Yoav to fix it.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #743
Rdian06

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
Hi All. I'm running pyTiVoX 1.3 with OSX 10.6.1. Any time I transfer an MP4 or MKV file to my S3 that's encoded with multichannel AAC audio, the center channel plays through the front left speaker instead of the center speaker. I've read that this is a known bug with ffmpeg, but the only fixes that I've seen are only for Windows. Is there a way to fix this on a Mac?
If you are up for compiling your own ffmpeg from source, you can use my source patches for this from here:

http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/forum/...8-30.html#6913

I never got around to making an Intel build with the patch, but I do have a G5 build with it here:

ffmpeg-SVN-r19249-rdian06-0.98-macosx-g5.zip
http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/forum/...t468.html#3558

Or you could ask Yoav to include the patch in his ffmpeg build.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #744
generaltso

Quote:
If you are up for compiling your own ffmpeg from source, you can use my source patches for this from here:
I'm up for anything, but I've never compiled anything so I'm not sure where to start. I don't suppose it's as simple as dumping the source code into a compiler and calling it a day?

Thanks for your help. It's very much appreciated!
Old 10-04-2009, 11:10 PM   #745
Rdian06

Quote:
I'm up for anything, but I've never compiled anything so I'm not sure where to start. I don't suppose it's as simple as dumping the source code into a compiler and calling it a day?

Thanks for your help. It's very much appreciated!
ffmpeg has lots of external libraries that it depends on so it's kinda an involved process to get it all compiled properly unless you use MacPorts.

Start by looking here:
http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/wiki/i...p/OS_X_Install

The directions are old, but they'll get you started. Once you can successfully compile ffmpeg using MacPorts, you can copy and modify the ffmpeg ports file to include my patch.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:49 AM   #746
generaltso

Quote:
Start by looking here:
Thanks, I'll take a look and see what I can figure out. In the meantime, I figured I could just use Parallels with Windows XP and your build of pyTivo to get around the problem. But all the files I move over to the Windows side show up as copy protected when I look at them from the TiVo. These are the same files that transfer fine from the Mac side (except for the audio channel problem). Any idea why that would be? Thanks again.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #747
Rdian06

Quote:
Thanks, I'll take a look and see what I can figure out. In the meantime, I figured I could just use Parallels with Windows XP and your build of pyTivo to get around the problem. But all the files I move over to the Windows side show up as copy protected when I look at them from the TiVo. These are the same files that transfer fine from the Mac side (except for the audio channel problem). Any idea why that would be? Thanks again.
You're probably having a permissions problem with the files.

If you're running pyTivo as a Windows Service, it runs as the Local System account (unless you supplied credentials at setup time) and can only access files on the local Windows disks. If you tell it to access a network share, it may be able to see the filenames, but not actually read them.

If you're running pyTivo from Console, you need to make sure the files are readable by the account running the Console.

The copyright symbol is displayed whenever pyTivo cannot read the files or has trouble with ffmpeg processing them to find the basic file specs.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #748
generaltso

Quote:
You're probably having a permissions problem with the files.
Well, the copyright symbol is gone today for some reason, so I can select the file to transfer to the TiVo. When I select the file, the TiVo says that it has been added to my To Do list. The blue light on the TiVo comes on immediately, and I can see ffmpeg.exe starts using 100% of the CPU of the VM. But nothing actually shows up in the Now Playing List on the TiVo. After about 10 minutes, ffmpeg crashes. Maybe it doesn't work well in a virtual machine? So close.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #749
Rdian06

Quote:
Well, the copyright symbol is gone today for some reason, so I can select the file to transfer to the TiVo. When I select the file, the TiVo says that it has been added to my To Do list. The blue light on the TiVo comes on immediately, and I can see ffmpeg.exe starts using 100% of the CPU of the VM. But nothing actually shows up in the Now Playing List on the TiVo. After about 10 minutes, ffmpeg crashes. Maybe it doesn't work well in a virtual machine? So close.
Are we talking crashes with a Windows error dialog crash? Or is there some console message indicating a ffmpeg fatal error related to the media file?

Old 10-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #750
generaltso

Quote:
Are we talking crashes with a Windows error dialog crash? Or is there some console message indicating a ffmpeg fatal error related to the media file?
It's a crash with a Windows dialog. Something along the lines of "ffmpeg.exe referenced memory that could not be read". The only options are cancel and debug. Neither seems to do anything.