TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #391
philby85

Title Issue

Hi Yoav,

New Australian user here, loving pytivox! Thank you so much.

I am streaming from my NAS ( QNAP TS109II ) via my imac. It streams very well. However, I noticed with any file that I have metadata attached a problem occurs. I select the movie and the screen with the artwork pops up if I have a synopsis for the movie that shows. But when I exit back to the menu the movie title changes to the first line of the synopsis?

kind regards

Phil

Last edited by philby85 : 03-21-2009 at 06:57 PM. Reason: added title
philby85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:13 AM   #392
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by philby85 View Post
Hi Yoav,

New Australian user here, loving pytivox! Thank you so much.

I am streaming from my NAS ( QNAP TS109II ) via my imac. It streams very well. However, I noticed with any file that I have metadata attached a problem occurs. I select the movie and the screen with the artwork pops up if I have a synopsis for the movie that shows. But when I exit back to the menu the movie title changes to the first line of the synopsis?

kind regards

Phil
Hi Phil, sounds like a metadata parsing/caching bug with streambaby. Looking through streambaby's checkin comments it looks like there was a fix related to metadata caching checked in a while back. This should be in the pyTivoX beta. Are you running the beta or the regular release (and if you're running the regular, can you install the beta and tell me if it fixes the bug?).
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:35 AM   #393
philby85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
Hi Phil, sounds like a metadata parsing/caching bug with streambaby. Looking through streambaby's checkin comments it looks like there was a fix related to metadata caching checked in a while back. This should be in the pyTivoX beta. Are you running the beta or the regular release (and if you're running the regular, can you install the beta and tell me if it fixes the bug?).
Hi Yoav,

Still get the same with the beta.

cheers

Phil
Old 03-22-2009, 10:37 AM   #394
Yoav

Quote:
Hi Yoav,

Still get the same with the beta.

cheers

Phil
Ok, Keary should hopefully have an answer to this soon. If he doesn't reply here soon, you may want to report it under the Streambaby thread..

Old 03-22-2009, 11:17 AM   #395
kearygriffin

Quote:
Once you select a file to play, streambaby caches the title, and uses it in the selection screen from that point on. You can also press the "enter' button in the selection screen to automatically convert the filenames to the "title' found in the metadata for all the files. You can disable this functionality and stick with just using the filenames in the selection screen by adding the following INI setting:
use.title=false

But I am not sure exactly what the issue is. Is is that the filename/title is changing in selection screen (which is normal behavior) or that it is generating an incorrect title from the metadata?

If it is an incorrect title, what kind of metadata is it and how was it generated.

kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #396
fatespawn

Quote:
I think I read some post somewhere complaining about Handbrake setting the incorrect PAR in files. Unfortunately I'm not really sure where that thread was. I'd ask why you're using 'handbrake iphone' instead of just 'iphone' though. Do both have the same issue? (It's definitely not a pytivox issue.. the question is whether the issue is with itivo/handbrake making a bad file, streambaby incorrectly converting the file, or the tivo incorrectly playing the file).

Anyways, try the regular iphone setting first
Ok, Problem solved by using your iphone preset

I have another general question. I have some High Def 5.1 live concerts I'd like to archive on my computer. Video quality is a secondary concern to maintaining the 5.1 audio. Can I use a preset (like mpeg2 HD for example) and replace the audio argument with "-acodec copy" to prevent any resampling of the audio stream?

I was able to use the actual Handbrake program (with the Apple TV preset) to convert my mpeg2 Tivo programs to H264 with AC3 passthrough enabled. PytivoX streamed the AC3 back flawlessly.

Am I just looking for audio sync issues because of comskip, or do you think there is a solution with an iTivo preset?
fatespawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:43 PM   #397
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatespawn View Post
Ok, Problem solved by using your iphone preset

I have another general question. I have some High Def 5.1 live concerts I'd like to archive on my computer. Video quality is a secondary concern to maintaining the 5.1 audio. Can I use a preset (like mpeg2 HD for example) and replace the audio argument with "-acodec copy" to prevent any resampling of the audio stream?

I was able to use the actual Handbrake program (with the Apple TV preset) to convert my mpeg2 Tivo programs to H264 with AC3 passthrough enabled. PytivoX streamed the AC3 back flawlessly.

Am I just looking for audio sync issues because of comskip, or do you think there is a solution with an iTivo preset?
Best way to be sure is to try it . If -oac copy doesn't cause blips AND plays right on your device.. you're golden.

By maintain 5.1 audio do you mean 'keep it at 5.1' or do you mean 'do not re-encode'? The mp4 setting re-encodes to AAC (until recently, MP4 didn't support AC-3 audio, and many players still don't like it), but doesn't force '-channels 2' or '-channels 6', so it should keep it at the same number of channels. You may want to up the bitrate though (it's at 128 kbps right now).

Old 03-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #398
fatespawn

Quote:
By maintain 5.1 audio do you mean 'keep it at 5.1' or do you mean 'do not re-encode'? The mp4 setting re-encodes to AAC (until recently, MP4 didn't support AC-3 audio, and many players still don't like it), but doesn't force '-channels 2' or '-channels 6', so it should keep it at the same number of channels. You may want to up the bitrate though (it's at 128 kbps right now).
I meant "passthrough" - I guess that's NOT re-encode. I just want the original sound. Gotta figure that's the best possible signal. I was successful with converting an HD mpeg (decrypt only) from the tivo into an mp4 using handbrake and AC3 passthrough with the AppleTv preset. It streamed right back to the tivo through pytivox without a hiccup. But that's using 2 applications. Of course, I want it all. Subscribe to my favorite audio programming and archive that for future streaming. Ah bliss.

In any case, comskip puked on my trial. I've seen "the application comskip shutdown...." a few too many times. It does that a little too often for me to be happy using that feature too much. Oh well.

i guess I'll try without comskip and see what mencoder can do.

-fate
fatespawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #399
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatespawn View Post
I meant "passthrough" - I guess that's NOT re-encode. I just want the original sound. Gotta figure that's the best possible signal. I was successful with converting an HD mpeg (decrypt only) from the tivo into an mp4 using handbrake and AC3 passthrough with the AppleTv preset. It streamed right back to the tivo through pytivox without a hiccup. But that's using 2 applications. Of course, I want it all. Subscribe to my favorite audio programming and archive that for future streaming. Ah bliss.

In any case, comskip puked on my trial. I've seen "the application comskip shutdown...." a few too many times. It does that a little too often for me to be happy using that feature too much. Oh well.

i guess I'll try without comskip and see what mencoder can do.

-fate
Well, you're well into the 'try it and see' territory. The advanced options are there so people (like you) who want to try 'spiffy things' can do so. But unfortunately you're pretty much on your own to figure out how. You may have some luck in the mplayer forums and whatnot. I'm sorry comskip is hating your files so much though. I guess I've been luckier with it.

However, if you had 'decrypt format' and 'run under handbrake' work, then you can fully do that within iTiVo. The handbrake formats (if you do not pick comskip/subtitles) will do exactly that. And if there were any particular settings you made in the handbrake gui, you can achieve them in the CLI (documented in the FAQ).

Old 03-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #400
space2001

Hi - I am looking to have the pyTiVox display on my SD TiVo show sort alphabetically - it currently only sorts by most recent date first. I checked the FAQ and can't find any way to change the sort order.

On the TiVo menu, I do see an option to hit enter on remote and choose another sort order, but this has no effect for pvTiVoX shares.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!
Hal
space2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:24 PM   #401
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by space2001 View Post
Hi - I am looking to have the pyTiVox display on my SD TiVo show sort alphabetically - it currently only sorts by most recent date first. I checked the FAQ and can't find any way to change the sort order.

On the TiVo menu, I do see an option to hit enter on remote and choose another sort order, but this has no effect for pvTiVoX shares.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!
Hal
I am not aware of any setting to control the sort order, even though there is some sort of SortOrder setting in plugin.py. If you don't get an answer here within a day, I'd repost the question in the pytivo thread (pyTivoX is just a mac front-end to pytivo, but inside it's the same program).

Old 03-23-2009, 06:47 PM   #402
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by space2001 View Post
It does, but only on the top level, due to a TiVo-side problem (which may or may not be a bug). I'm reluctantly considering a "force alpha sort" per-share option to deal with it.

wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:24 PM   #403
philby85

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
Once you select a file to play, streambaby caches the title, and uses it in the selection screen from that point on. You can also press the "enter' button in the selection screen to automatically convert the filenames to the "title' found in the metadata for all the files. You can disable this functionality and stick with just using the filenames in the selection screen by adding the following INI setting:
use.title=false

But I am not sure exactly what the issue is. Is is that the filename/title is changing in selection screen (which is normal behavior) or that it is generating an incorrect title from the metadata?

If it is an incorrect title, what kind of metadata is it and how was it generated.
Hi Keary,

thanks for the response. I have my movies on a nas drive on my network.
When I open pytivox it takes me to the movies folder on my NAS. They are in separate olders for catergories. I then select a folder and it shows a list of movies by title. I select a movie and I get the synopsis and covert screen. If I then select left to go back the folder showing the movies they are all showing titles except the one I just viewed. It will now have the first line of the synopsis instead of the title.

I add the metadata to the file using metax on the mac.

cheers

Philby

I also went to a catergory folder it showed me the titles of the movies I hit enter and all the movies changed to the first line of the synopsis. Select enter again does not change them back.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:54 AM   #404
space2001

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
It does, but only on the top level, due to a TiVo-side problem (which may or may not be a bug). I'm reluctantly considering a "force alpha sort" per-share option to deal with it.
The alpha sort option would be a great addition! As it stands now, with more than a few screens of items to go thru, it quickly becomes difficult to find stuff.

As well, keeping the current position when backing out of the selection on Tivo screen would be helpful. IE, scroll to item 20 in a list, select it to display more info, then chose not to play it/go back. Now we're back to item 1 in the list.

thanks again!

- Hal -
space2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #405
kupe
Viva 'la Tivolution!

Hi Yoav-

LOVE PyTivoX! Currently running 1.1b24- yes I know I've skipped a few versions...

Anyhow today upgraded to 1.2b6 and streaming stopped working on my TivoHD. Downloads worked fine- but no streaming. I get the "Please Wait" indefinitely on the TV screen when I try to stream. I reverted to 1.1b24 and all is good again.

I'm running OS 10.5.6 on an Intel iMac.

Thanks!

Kupe
kupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:45 PM   #406
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupe View Post
Hi Yoav-

LOVE PyTivoX! Currently running 1.1b24- yes I know I've skipped a few versions...

Anyhow today upgraded to 1.2b6 and streaming stopped working on my TivoHD. Downloads worked fine- but no streaming. I get the "Please Wait" indefinitely on the TV screen when I try to stream. I reverted to 1.1b24 and all is good again.

I'm running OS 10.5.6 on an Intel iMac.

Thanks!

Kupe
If you don't mind, can you reinstall the beta (make sure to hit 'Apply' to activate all the changes) and try to stream, when it fails can you open up Terminal.app and run
Code:
tail -100 /tmp/pyTivoX-SB.log
(hopefully there will be something interesting in there to help debug).

Old 03-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #407
kupe
Viva 'la Tivolution!

Quote:
If you don't mind, can you reinstall the beta (make sure to hit 'Apply' to activate all the changes) and try to stream, when it fails can you open up Terminal.app and run
Code:
tail -100 /tmp/pyTivoX-SB.log
(hopefully there will be something interesting in there to help debug).
My pleasure! I reinstalled 1.2b6, clicked Apply, and tried again to Stream. Got the "Please Wait" indefinitely. Here's what I got in Terminal:

Code:
Last login: Wed Mar 25 21:01:41 on console
[Macintosh:~] dave% tail -100 /tmp/pyTivoX-SB.log
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.338|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.StsdAtom (size:81)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.338|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28465097
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.338|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|UnknownAtom(116,101,120,116): mp4.util.atom.TextAtom (size:65)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.338|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28465162
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.339|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.SttsAtom (size:216)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.339|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28465378
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.339|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.StscAtom (size:28)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.339|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28465406
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.339|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.StszAtom (size:120)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.339|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28465526
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.339|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.StcoAtom (size:116)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.339|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28465642
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.339|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.UdtaAtom (size:376)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.340|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28466018
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.340|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.MetaAtom (size:368)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.340|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28466386
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.340|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.HdlrAtom (size:34)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.340|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28466420
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.340|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.IlstAtom (size:322)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.340|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28466742
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.340|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.CprtnamAtom (size:41)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.340|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28466783
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.340|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.DataAtom (size:33)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.341|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28466816
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.341|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|UnknownAtom(169,65,82,84): mp4.util.atom.CprtARTAtom (size:41)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.341|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28466857
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.341|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.CprtalbAtom (size:31)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.341|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28466888
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.341|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.DataAtom (size:23)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.341|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28466911
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.341|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.CprtcmtAtom (size:31)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.341|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28466942
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.342|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.DataAtom (size:23)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.342|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28466965
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.342|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.StikAtom (size:25)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.342|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28466990
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.342|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.DataAtom (size:17)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.342|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28467007
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.342|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.TvshAtom (size:41)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.342|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28467048
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.342|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.DataAtom (size:33)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.342|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28467081
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.343|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.TvenAtom (size:41)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.343|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28467122
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.343|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.DataAtom (size:33)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.343|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28467155
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.343|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.DescAtom (size:31)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.343|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28467186
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.343|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.DataAtom (size:23)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.343|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28467209
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.343|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.CprtgenAtom (size:32)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.344|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28467241
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.344|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.DataAtom (size:24)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.344|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 28467265
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.344|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.FreeAtom (size:4236548)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.385|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|Reading atom at offset: 32703813
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.387|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|AtomClass: class mp4.util.atom.MdatAtom (size:8)
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.387|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: moov size 4744948
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.387|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: mdat size 0
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.387|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: sampleNum 1
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.387|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: new key frame 1
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.387|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: track 1 spec time 0 adj time 0 spec time sec 0 adj time sec 0
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.387|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: track 2 spec time 0 adj time 0 spec time sec 0 adj time sec 0
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.387|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: Movie time 7304 sec, cut at 0.0sec
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.387|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|	DBG: ts 600 cut at 0.0
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.388|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: media time 0
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.388|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|	DBG: sampleNum 1 sync frame 1
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.388|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|	DBG: chunk 1
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.476|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: cutDuration 4382402
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.476|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: new time 0.0
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.476|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: media time 0
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.476|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|	DBG: sampleNum 1 sync frame 1
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.476|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|	DBG: chunk 1
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.494|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: cutDuration 4382438
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.494|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: new time 0.0
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.494|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: moov chunk 8981552
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.494|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: cut moov chunk 8981552
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.494|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: updateAmount 4456436
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.497|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: movie skip 0
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.497|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: Cut Movie time 7304 sec 
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.498|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: sampleNum 1
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.498|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: new key frame 1
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.498|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: track 1 spec time 0 adj time 0 spec time sec 0 adj time sec 0
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.498|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: track 2 spec time 0 adj time 0 spec time sec 0 adj time sec 0
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.498|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: Movie time 7304 sec, cut at 0.0sec
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.498|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|	DBG: ts 600 cut at 0.0
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.498|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: media time 0
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.498|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|	DBG: sampleNum 1 sync frame 1
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.499|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|	DBG: chunk 1
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.523|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: cutDuration 4382402
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.523|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: new time 0.0
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.523|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: media time 0
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.523|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|	DBG: sampleNum 1 sync frame 1
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.523|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|	DBG: chunk 1
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.591|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: cutDuration 4382438
Wed 2009/03/25 21:03:48.591|   |master|MP4StreamFactory$2|DBG: new time 0.0
Wed 2009/03/25 21:05:04.295|   |Acceptor|Listener|
Wed 2009/03/25 21:05:04.295|   |Acceptor|Listener|connection to receiver closed
Wed 2009/03/25 21:05:04.305|   |Acceptor|Listener|
Wed 2009/03/25 21:05:04.305|   |Acceptor|Factory|HME receiver disconnected

Old 03-25-2009, 08:23 PM   #408
kupe
Viva 'la Tivolution!

Yoav-

Another curious thing about 1.2b6 is that it always shows as active in the Dock, even after repeatedly rebooting my Mac. (I have it set to Automatically launch at Login.) I haven't had this problem with earlier versions.

Thanks again!

Kupe
Old 03-25-2009, 08:41 PM   #409
kearygriffin

Quote:
My pleasure! I reinstalled 1.2b6, clicked Apply, and tried again to Stream. Got the "Please Wait" indefinitely. Here's what I got in Terminal:
A quick glance and I don't notice anything out of place in the log-- Does this happen with video formats other than mov/mp4. If you have an mpeg2 stream that you could try I'd be interested in the results. (And if not, does this happen with more than a couple of your MP4s?)

If it is MP4 related I'll try to upload a new version of streambaby this weekend. I'd been working on quite a few MP4 related things, and it's possible that I've already fixed it. I'd upload it now, but I can't remember what state everything is in, so need to test and figure it out. (I'm deep into a real-work project at the moment, and my brain has pushed out everything else)

Edit: and for some reason I do remember I was having a problem with one of my Mp4's that had a similar symptom, and thinking it was surprising more people hadn't had the problem. Of course for life of me can't remember what it was, and looking through the code and SCM logs didn't help.

kearygriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:51 PM   #410
Yoav

Quote:
Yoav-

Another curious thing about 1.2b6 is that it always shows as active in the Dock, even after repeatedly rebooting my Mac. (I have it set to Automatically launch at Login.) I haven't had this problem with earlier versions.

Thanks again!

Kupe
You need to de-select and reselect 'launch at login'. This won't be a problem with future versions, but up-to 1.2 you're gonna need to do that with every install..

Old 03-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #411
kupe
Viva 'la Tivolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearygriffin View Post
A quick glance and I don't notice anything out of place in the log-- Does this happen with video formats other than mov/mp4. If you have an mpeg2 stream that you could try I'd be interested in the results. (And if not, does this happen with more than a couple of your MP4s?)
FWIW, the file is actually a .m4v file rendered from a VIDEO_TS folder using Toast Titanium 9.0.4. I don't have any MPEG2 files, but I will try this weekend to render a different VIDEO_TS folder to try.

Meanwhile, this same .m4v file that stalls with 1.2b6 works just fine with 1.1b24.

Kupe
Old 03-26-2009, 08:49 AM   #412
kupe
Viva 'la Tivolution!

Quote:
You need to de-select and reselect 'launch at login'. This won't be a problem with future versions, but up-to 1.2 you're gonna need to do that with every install..
Thanks Yoav!

Kupe
Old 04-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #413
Gyroscope352

Alright, this software looks awesome - just what I'm looking for. However, it is not working at all for me.

I am running OS 10.5 on a Macbook and using a TiVo HD. I am sharing a video folder from my Mac's desktop and nothing is showing up in the "Now Playing" folder. Tried restarting, didn't work. Tried changing the beacon, didn't work. Tried changing the port, didn't work. What's next?
Gyroscope352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:18 AM   #414
Yoav

Ok I just checked in a new beta. You can now specify a username/password for push, but KEEP IN MIND that this is stored COMPLETELY insecurely on your computer, so don't use a password that you share anywhere else.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:21 AM   #415
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyroscope352 View Post
Alright, this software looks awesome - just what I'm looking for. However, it is not working at all for me.

I am running OS 10.5 on a Macbook and using a TiVo HD. I am sharing a video folder from my Mac's desktop and nothing is showing up in the "Now Playing" folder. Tried restarting, didn't work. Tried changing the beacon, didn't work. Tried changing the port, didn't work. What's next?
Unchange all those values

is your mac on the same subnet as the tivo? is there any sort of firewalling in your network? Is your tivo up to date with the latest software release? Anything interesting in /tmp/pyTivoX.log or /tmp/pyTivoX-SB.log?

Did you enable streambaby? And if so does anything show up under Photos/Music/Showcases for it?

Old 04-05-2009, 01:24 AM   #416
philby85

Hi Yoav,

Just in relation to my issue with the metadata. I downloaded latest beta. Still the same issue. With the streambaby.ini located within pytivox is that editable? I put in use.title=false and save but no change to the issue. I noticed that where the ini refers to my drives, they are the default not what I have set in the pytivox gui

So I gather the ini has not effect?

cheers

Phil
Old 04-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #417
Gyroscope352

Uh, it's not letting me post my post. It says I can't post links. How can I make it post my log (I think it's the log that's the problem)?
Old 04-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #418
bedelman
Call me Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyroscope352 View Post
Uh, it's not letting me post my post. It says I can't post links. How can I make it post my log (I think it's the log that's the problem)?
You need to have (I think) five posts before you can post links

You can never have too many TiVo's (7) or wireless routers (5) -- all in one residence!
bedelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:45 PM   #419
Gyroscope352

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedelman View Post
You need to have (I think) five posts before you can post links
Right, except I am not intentionally posting any links. I think it's seeing my log output as having links in it or something.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #420
Yoav

Quote:
Hi Yoav,

Just in relation to my issue with the metadata. I downloaded latest beta. Still the same issue. With the streambaby.ini located within pytivox is that editable? I put in use.title=false and save but no change to the issue. I noticed that where the ini refers to my drives, they are the default not what I have set in the pytivox gui

So I gather the ini has not effect?

cheers

Phil
The streambaby.ini you would want to edit is in <user>/Library/Application Support/pyTivoX/streambaby.ini

If you make changes to it, never use the 'apply' button or it will overwrite those.