TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #541
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
I am in the TWC footprint.
More specifically, you're a TWC subscriber. It's not TiVo who's doing this.

There are several threads about this already; for example:

http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...d.php?t=429670

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:35 PM   #542
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
Hi there,

Today, my iTiVo install started marking all recorded programs as 'copyright' protected. This only just started on programs recorded SINCE today at 05:00, so all programs older than 7/28 appear with a valid ID and can be marked for downloading. The only thing that changed on my end was that I downloaded a few music choice videos a couple of days ago, which expectedly were marked as 'copyright'. Has anyone else on the west coast experienced this in recent days? I am in the TWC footprint.

Thanks
edit : Looks like I'm just repeating what wmcbrine just said oops

Someone else mentioned that recently TW in LA just turned on CCI flags for all non-broadcast channels. But yeah.. It's time warner. If you can switch to Verizon Fios, I highly recommend you do so and tell TWC why you're dropping them. And tell your friends to switch too.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:14 AM   #543
Bombino

thanks for the replies, much appreciated.
Bombino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #544
tdm

iTiVo on Mac Leopard - No programs displayed

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum hoping to solve a problem. I have been using iTivo with a Series 3 HD for several weeks on a Macbook Pro running Leopard. Awesome program with no issues. This seems to be the only thread about iTiVo and a forum search found nothing, so here goes...

Today I connected as usual and no shows are displayed at all. Hard Drive usage sidebar is accurate at 120 shows but not one is displayed. IP and MAK are correct and TiVo prefs are set to enable downloads. Tivo Transfer works fine and Tivo Decoder also sees all programs on the TiVo drive so it doesn't seem to be a protection issue. I deleted iTiVo app and reinstalled but no luck.

Any help??
tdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #545
tdm

Solved my issue. Instead of just deleting the app I went into the Home Library and searched for all the iTiVo files I could find and deleted them as well as the app. It seems that a .plist file was corrupted. After reinstalling iTiVo and connecting, all is fine.
tdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #546
chucky23

Yoav (or anyone else),

I love iTivo, and here's my query:

I'm trying to use Comskip with my TiVo files, using the "decrypt and copy" setting, and as you warned, I'm getting severe audio/video sync problems.

I'm wondering if there is any way around this.

I understand that the OS X version of Comskip is likely stuck in the past, however, I do have a VMWare Windows XP virtual machine available.

Basically, I wondering if I mess around with the newest versions of Comskip and Comclean on Windows, if I'd be able to get comskipped versions of the decrypted TiVo MPEG2 streams with audio/video sync intact.

(I'd just try it out instead of asking, but I'm a true Windows noob, so getting Comskip and Comclean up and running on that alien platform will take me a LOT of time. So I'd love to figure out ahead of time if it's there is sunshine at the end of that road.)

TIA for any advice.
chucky23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #547
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky23 View Post
Yoav (or anyone else),

I'm trying to use Comskip with my TiVo files, using the "decrypt and copy" setting, and as you warned, I'm getting severe audio/video sync problems.

I'm wondering if there is any way around this.
I have success by downloading with decrypt, then using KMTTG to do the comskip/comcut (which appear as Ad Detect and Ad Cut in the KMTTG interface).

I've done hundreds of files this way and have noted no synch problems.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:22 AM   #548
chucky23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconi View Post
I have success by downloading with decrypt, then using KMTTG to do the comskip/comcut (which appear as Ad Detect and Ad Cut in the KMTTG interface). I've done hundreds of files this way and have noted no synch problems.
Oh, good lord. I had no idea KMTTG even existed.

Thank you very, very much, Marconi.

I've done only one file so far with KMTTG, but it has perfect A/V sync (along with perfect commercial detection and cutting).

Thanks again. You saved me from having to learn Windows.
chucky23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #549
UncaAndoo

AtomicParsley info and iTunes

First of all, thanks for a great tool.

I don't know if I have a suggestion or I'm incompetent, but I'm wondering if the metadata isn't being applied appropriately. I want to sort by episode number/order in iTunes, but there isn't a field to do this. Clicking on Show Info for a few entries, it looks like the information in "Episode Number" should be in Episode ID, since the Episode ID info is a duplicate of the Name info (Which is where I think it should be.)

The "Season Number" and "Episode Number" fields should strictly be a number indicating what season the episode is from and what episode from that season it is, respectively. Whereas the Episode ID may be a number that combines the two or another code entirely.

This doesn't explain the length of the Episode ID field, of course, but it helps me, and isn't that what really matters?

Please tell me if I'm an idiot, I can use the help.

Philips 230-hour Combo Unit
UncaAndoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:46 PM   #550
bbmertz

iTivo Compatibility with Snow Leopard?

Yoav, will iTiVo be compatible with Snow Leopard? If not, how soon are you likely to release a compatible version?

BTW, I started using iTiVo a few months ago and think it's a great application. Nice work!
bbmertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:54 PM   #551
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmertz View Post
Yoav, will iTiVo be compatible with Snow Leopard? If not, how soon are you likely to release a compatible version?

BTW, I started using iTiVo a few months ago and think it's a great application. Nice work!
There is nothing in the code that is designed to stop it working on snow leopard. However, as I do not have snow leopard installed I can't promise anything. I'll probably be picking it up soon and can verify for sure...

Old 08-28-2009, 12:30 AM   #552
jannlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
There is nothing in the code that is designed to stop it working on snow leopard. However, as I do not have snow leopard installed I can't promise anything. I'll probably be picking it up soon and can verify for sure...
Rest assured iTivo works! I can, as a developer with 10.6, validate that it has worked ever since I installed 10.6

Jann
jannlinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:02 AM   #553
bbmertz

Thanks for the quick responses! I'll let you know if I encounter any problems after installing the Snow Leopard OS tomorrow.
bbmertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:18 AM   #554
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

Is Version 1.7.7b3 (1.7.7b3) still the latest beta available?
Old 08-28-2009, 09:07 PM   #555
Yoav

Quote:
Is Version 1.7.7b3 (1.7.7b3) still the latest beta available?
yeah.. I've been kinda doing other things and haven't put in any coding time on the programs.. Is there some feature you're waiting on?

Old 08-29-2009, 02:33 AM   #556
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

Quote:
yeah.. I've been kinda doing other things and haven't put in any coding time on the programs.. Is there some feature you're waiting on?
Not really. There are the problems of the metadata file using equals signs for a few items instead of colons and the case problem of "seriesId" which I figured would be easy fixes with a new beta out shortly after the metadata problems were known. Not a problem though, I have a script in my text editor to fix these minor problems very quickly on multiple files at once, so it's no big deal. More like curiosity on my part, wondering if I'd missed a newer beta. That's all.

Oh, as long as I have your attention... The other day I queued up some recordings to transfer but did not Run the queue. When I came back a while later, downloads had begun. I guess that in the normal course of updating the Now Playing list, it also started the queue transferring, unbidden. Bug or "Feature?"
Old 08-29-2009, 11:31 AM   #557
Yoav

Quote:
Not really. There are the problems of the metadata file using equals signs for a few items instead of colons and the case problem of "seriesId" which I figured would be easy fixes with a new beta out shortly after the metadata problems were known. Not a problem though, I have a script in my text editor to fix these minor problems very quickly on multiple files at once, so it's no big deal. More like curiosity on my part, wondering if I'd missed a newer beta. That's all.

Oh, as long as I have your attention... The other day I queued up some recordings to transfer but did not Run the queue. When I came back a while later, downloads had begun. I guess that in the normal course of updating the Now Playing list, it also started the queue transferring, unbidden. Bug or "Feature?"
well, "intended feature" that may not be behaving the way you want. The queue is processed whenever you're idle for ermm 15 mins I think (which is how the automatic downloading does it too). So even if you never hit 'run queue'.. if you leave the program running it will start processing the queue at some point.

Old 08-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #558
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

Quote:
...The queue is processed whenever you're idle for ermm 15 mins I think... if you leave the program running it will start processing the queue at some point.
Now that I know it behaves that way, I know better than to queue things up before I'm ready to transfer them.

But, you talk about 'idle for 15 minutes' so I could queue them up then quit iTiVo until I'm ready to run the queue, correct?
Old 08-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #559
Yoav

Quote:
Now that I know it behaves that way, I know better than to queue things up before I'm ready to transfer them.

But, you talk about 'idle for 15 minutes' so I could queue them up then quit iTiVo until I'm ready to run the queue, correct?
yep.. that should work (it saves the queue between invocations)...

Old 09-19-2009, 01:05 AM   #560
jenz

iTivo transfer speed MUCH slower now

I'm hoping someone who knows more about connectivity than I will be able to help me out re iTivo transfer speeds. Somehow I'm no longer achieving the transfer speeds that I used to see, ie a 10gb iTivo transfer would take slightly under 10 hours. Now, the same transfer will take slightly less than 20 hours and so on and so forth, ie a 4gb transfer that used to take slightly less than 4 hours now takes a little less than 8 hours. Somehow I managed to go from 1:1 to 2:1 and can't figure out why. What other speeds are people getting themselves?

As for me, I have both the S3 and the MBP on wired connections into the same 4 port Netgear GbE switch. I encode my shows at h.264 QT 10mbps setting in iTivo, and the laptop is a Intel MBP running Snow Leopard. The home network itself is Fios Actiontec router -> Airport Extreme w/GbE (1 port free, Slingbox) -> Netgear GbE switch (S3, MBP, desktop, Slinglink) switch.

Maybe I'm an idiot but figured the best throughput would involve putting both devices on the same switch. Any ideas and definitely thanks in advance.
jenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:41 PM   #561
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenz View Post
I'm hoping someone who knows more about connectivity than I will be able to help me out re iTivo transfer speeds. Somehow I'm no longer achieving the transfer speeds that I used to see, ie a 10gb iTivo transfer would take slightly under 10 hours. Now, the same transfer will take slightly less than 20 hours and so on and so forth, ie a 4gb transfer that used to take slightly less than 4 hours now takes a little less than 8 hours. Somehow I managed to go from 1:1 to 2:1 and can't figure out why. What other speeds are people getting themselves?

As for me, I have both the S3 and the MBP on wired connections into the same 4 port Netgear GbE switch. I encode my shows at h.264 QT 10mbps setting in iTivo, and the laptop is a Intel MBP running Snow Leopard. The home network itself is Fios Actiontec router -> Airport Extreme w/GbE (1 port free, Slingbox) -> Netgear GbE switch (S3, MBP, desktop, Slinglink) switch.

Maybe I'm an idiot but figured the best throughput would involve putting both devices on the same switch. Any ideas and definitely thanks in advance.

First thing you need to figure out is whether it's the transfer speed or encoding speed that got 'slower'. If you have no features like 'commercial' cutting enabled, then it will download and process in one pipeline (which is more efficient, but makes it harder to see what's slowing it down). Go into Prefs, Advanced, and select 'Download first, then encode'.

With that option on, you will see how long the transfer is taking, then how long the encode is taking.

Odds are high that if it went from 10 hours to 20 hours, the thing that got slower was the actual re-encoding, and not the 'transfer'. This probably indicates that your processor is busy (or running slower due to powersaving modes?). Make sure you're not running anything else that is using up CPU... easiest way to check that is via the 'Activity Monitor' in Applications/Utilities... Sometimes a reboot of your computer might help clean up some rogue left-over processes...

edit

oops looks like you're sure it's the transfer and not re-encode that got slower? In that case, I'd check to make sure that the tivo is not 'busy' doing other things (like recording shows, downloading things, etc). All those things slow down the transfer speed.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #562
jenz

Thanks, Yoav, and by the way, *fantastic* work here on this program.

I think by way of replying to your message, I figured it out. What is AtomicParsley? I don't remember if I saw that on prior versions of iTivo and/or if I selected it before, but it was enabled. I just disabled it and tried a download, and while not complete, this 4Gb show is showing ~4 hours to download so am back to "fast" downloading.

I'll report back once it is finished but funny how that option (at least for me) was the culprit.

Is there any way to check on my prior downloads if I had AtomicParlsey enabled then?
jenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:22 PM   #563
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenz View Post
Thanks, Yoav, and by the way, *fantastic* work here on this program.

Is there any way to check on my prior downloads if I had AtomicParlsey enabled then?
AtomicParsley has been in there for a LOONG time, so odds are high all your downloads had it. At some point like 6 months ago I added the ability to disable AtomicParsley as it was crashing on some files and leading to errors.

I have NO idea why having it enabled slows down your transfer time. AtomicParsley is generally run on the final .mp4 file after transfer/re-encode, and its job is to add 'tags' like the name of the show, actors, etc into the file. So it doesn't seem to make sense that it can slow down the transfer... But at least you have a workaround..

Old 09-20-2009, 09:23 AM   #564
iamnotmad

Hi, thanks for the app. Just a potential bug report.

If I try to download a recording to my external FW drive it faails with just "couldn't download".

If I d/l to a local drive on the mac mini it works fine. Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks!
iamnotmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #565
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotmad View Post
Hi, thanks for the app. Just a potential bug report.

If I try to download a recording to my external FW drive it faails with just "couldn't download".

If I d/l to a local drive on the mac mini it works fine. Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks!
I've downloaded to an external (via USB) drive plenty of times with no issues. Is there anything special about this external drive? Is it an apple HFS+ filesystem? You may find some interesting info in <user>/Library/Logs/iTiVo.log that may help you figure out what went wrong...

Old 09-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #566
iamnotmad

Quote:
I've downloaded to an external (via USB) drive plenty of times with no issues. Is there anything special about this external drive? Is it an apple HFS+ filesystem? You may find some interesting info in <user>/Library/Logs/iTiVo.log that may help you figure out what went wrong...
Hey thanks for the response. I figured it out. It was my drive it had some issue. After a reboot it was fine. I couldn't write anything to it (I discovered after I posted).

Thanks again.
iamnotmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #567
orinaccio

I'd like to thank the developer and the community here for supporting this application. I think you guys are amazing.

Ive been struggling with one particular aspect of iTivo and I'd like help figuring out if I'm doing something wrong.

This is the feature Im trying to use:
Quote:
Create subtitle files (.srt) from the closed caption info.
I have tried importing from both HD and standard recordings, and into many different formats, on two different computers. Each time it does not create subtitle files, and instead creates a ".srt" file that has zero KB (0 kb), which tells me it runs into some kind of problem or error just as it tries to create the subtitle file.

All of the recordings that are on my tivo do indeed contain captions (otherwise I wouldnt record them). I am using Series 3 HD tivo with Verizon Fios TV service if this helps any.

I would LOVE guidance/help from anyone that has successfully used this feature, or confirmation if this is a known issue/bug. I did a search before posting this and couldn't find any mention of anyone having issues with this feature anywhere.
orinaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:47 PM   #568
Yoav

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinaccio View Post
I'd like to thank the developer and the community here for supporting this application. I think you guys are amazing.

Ive been struggling with one particular aspect of iTivo and I'd like help figuring out if I'm doing something wrong.

This is the feature Im trying to use:

I have tried importing from both HD and standard recordings, and into many different formats, on two different computers. Each time it does not create subtitle files, and instead creates a ".srt" file that has zero KB (0 kb), which tells me it runs into some kind of problem or error just as it tries to create the subtitle file.

All of the recordings that are on my tivo do indeed contain captions (otherwise I wouldnt record them). I am using Series 3 HD tivo with Verizon Fios TV service if this helps any.

I would LOVE guidance/help from anyone that has successfully used this feature, or confirmation if this is a known issue/bug. I did a search before posting this and couldn't find any mention of anyone having issues with this feature anywhere.
Well, the .srt is the subtitles file it's supposed to create, but I guess it must be hitting some error. It would help if you could look through <user>/Logs/iTiVo.log and see if there's any more useful info in there as to why it's failing?

I just tried downloading a show with subtitles enabled and it definitely did the right thing. I'm not aware of fios doing anything different for subtitles (I have Time Warner crapble).

Last edited by Yoav : 09-23-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:25 AM   #569
akcorcoran

File download option specs?

Hello -

I am thrilled to have iTivo - before I discovered it, I was downloading on PC, converting and moving to my Mac. Ugh!

A relatively straightforward question (I think) - i searched FAQ and Help and couldn't seem to find it:

What are the specs for the final file produced by each download option? (Obviously this varies for the size of the original recording, but I'm hoping for the general Frame Size and Quality?)

Thank you so much!

Alexa

p.s. I'm assuming if you can use Handbreak, you can also use MPEG Streamclip as they are pretty interchangeable?
akcorcoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:47 AM   #570
akcorcoran

Oops - I got the info!

Hi there - nevermind! I didn't see the little descriptions next to the download preferences. And, the file opened just fine in MPEG streamclip.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for changing my Tivo download life!
akcorcoran is offline   Reply With Quote