TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-05-2015, 04:22 PM   #1
larrs
Movie Fan-Addict

Quick MOCA question

I am connecting my Tivo in my bedroom (new house) and the Ethernet seems to be hosed in that room. It is making no connection to the switch/router, so I am thinking there is an issue somewhere along the run. the previous owners had satellite, so maybe they never used that Ethernet outlet- who knows.

Rather than trying to troubleshoot the whole run of cable (which goes through the walls and attic), I am thinking of just adding a MOCA adapter for my Tivo Premiere and my Blu-Ray player since I have Verizon and the router has built in MOCA anyway. However, I have a couple of questions:

Can I connect the coax out to my Premiere for cable recording and also use the Ethernet out to a switch for multiple devices?

If I later go to a mini for that location, is there network access through both the coax and the network port on the router or would I need to connect using both ports?

Roamio Pro
Premiere Elite4
Premiere XL
(3) Minis
Running
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
larrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:45 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

TC CLUB MEMBER
The Mini does not use coax for any TV signals since it does not have any tuners. It has built-in MoCa, so use either ethernet or MoCa. MoCa uses frequencies not coherent to any TV signals, cable or OTA, so there is no interference between TV and Coax.

OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:58 PM   #3
larrs
Movie Fan-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
The Mini does not use coax for any TV signals since it does not have any tuners. It has built-in MoCa, so use either ethernet or MoCa. MoCa uses frequencies not coherent to any TV signals, cable or OTA, so there is no interference between TV and Coax.
But the question is if I use the coax out to a mini, can I connect other devices to the Ethernet output?

Roamio Pro
Premiere Elite4
Premiere XL
(3) Minis
Running
with
and
Old 04-05-2015, 09:09 PM   #4
pshivers
Retired!

Yes...

Charter CableCard Firmware Updated to PKEY_1.5.3_F.p.1101 All 6 tuners are now Active and Working!
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

pshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:10 PM   #5
pshivers
Retired!

Via a MoCa adapter not the Ethernet on the Mini...

Charter CableCard Firmware Updated to PKEY_1.5.3_F.p.1101 All 6 tuners are now Active and Working!
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

pshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:13 AM   #6
larrs
Movie Fan-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshivers View Post
Via a MoCa adapter not the Ethernet on the Mini...
That's expected. Thanks for clarifying. off to order an adapter...

Roamio Pro
Premiere Elite4
Premiere XL
(3) Minis
Running
with
and