TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-09-2008, 10:35 PM   #1
seele96

Headache eyestrain

Hi guys

I bought a Tivo (series 2, 80 hours, dual turner), and ever since i hooked it up I have felt eyestrain from watching the Tivo feed.

After some days, I began to do some test. I set up my TV (37 inch LCD TV) in the following manner: I used the cable splitter that came with the TIVO and set up my TV with a cable feed on the Coax input and a cable feed going through the Tivo on the S-video input. This way I could easily switch between Coax input and S-video input while watching the same program on live tv.

So I sit down and watch regular TV on the coax input and feel absolutely normal. Once I change over to the tivo feed on the s-video input I begin to feel my eyes strain. The strain is mild, but immediately noticeable when changing over to the tivo. After about 2-3 hours of watching it just progresses to a headache.

The image quality is virtually identical. Except for the small video pixelation due to the compression on the tivo feed, the image is good and basically the same.

Both the coax input and the s-video input have identical settings (Brightness, contrast, sharpness, saturation, color temp etc etc ) I tried changing the tivo from s-video to composite and still feel the same eyestrain.

If both feeds are virtually indistinguishable what explanaition can there be for my eyes to immediately strain on one and not the other?

PS: Any suggestions or further test are more than welcome
seele96 is offline   Reply With Quote